PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Happy Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
leprekon

Leprekon666's Gamercard
Help leveling up character

So I see people with Attack, Magic Attack, Defense, Magic Defense at high levels in the 1000's. now do I just use buffs and what buffs should I use. I'm lvl 27 so do I just have to keep playing mp and/or special challenge to get better buffs. I want to level up my Mage so I can beat chapter 6 as been stuck on the curse of the dark. Any help would be appreciated
leprekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
In order to get high attack and defense, yes you have to level up. The more you do, the better items you receive, and the stronger the buffs get. I mean stronger as in the level buffs 1,2, and 3, you get more higher level buffs like attack up lvl 3, or in your case, magic attack up level 3.

And the special items in the most recent special challenge in January was strictly for the mage only. The one that is already initiated for today through Feb. 25 is only intended for the cleric. You won't be able to win anything for the mage in this challenge, in terms of weapons and buffs.

Either way, I recommend doing two ways:

a) Level up, get better items, and keep trying the event. In essence of warriors probably being the toughest on you, I recommend the buff Magic Napalm, and I do believe you earn it in the campaign an item called Marshall's Hood that comes with Magic Napalm. Whenever a warrior's chasing you, use it. Hold down B while you're running, and then unleash the "fire bombs" that detonate when you let go of B. If the warrior hits you before detonation, you can't release your attack. Practice makes perfect. ( addition: Magic Napalm is a helmet buff)

b) If you have microsoft points lying around, I would buy some items from Happy Cards, located in the Spinner and Cards section beyond the play menu. Costs 18 Happy tickets, and if memory serves me right, 400 MSP can get you 50 tickets, eligible for 2 packs of your choice. If you want to chance it, (it doesn't focus on mage, you have 1/3 chance of getting mage weaponry) do so, and hopefully you have a weapon that works well, and you don't have to level up to be able to use it.

Hope this helps you.
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
leprekon

Leprekon666's Gamercard
Well I can't get the magic napalm and Marshall's hood as I can't beat the the chapter 6-1 that has it but ill just try and level up and maybe take a chance with happy cards
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm lvl38 I think, and there're still a lot of players out of my league. I think they're the ones who bought all their items, or they're lvl50.

Where are you stuck on Curse of the Dark? I hated the hell out of that mission; took me a while. I picked up a couple things that made it easier: When you get teleported off to the side path, just run past all the enemies; you don't have to fight them. When you face the Undead, you might want to be a warrior so you can just run through his dudes and punt him off the cliff. The Knight is kind of a crap shoot; sometimes he was really easy, and then other times he was a pain in the ass.. you can face him as a cleric and run around healing and resurrecting your guys while they fight him.
I learned this from someone else here-- you definitely want to be a cleric when you face the Marshal. Don't even approach him to trigger the cutscene; just keep your distance after you kill the Knight, and build that ballista on the left; you can shoot him to death with that, and he'll just stand there and take it.

P1TTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
leprekon

Leprekon666's Gamercard
I'm getting stuck and dying trying to get to the 3rd tower. So should I level up a Mage, cleric or warrior. As I only leveled up 2 weapons one is lvl 10 other is 4
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
smashingrascal

smashingrascal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
I'm getting stuck and dying trying to get to the 3rd tower. So should I level up a Mage, cleric or warrior. As I only leveled up 2 weapons one is lvl 10 other is 4
I used a mage with the items you get through the campaign. But you might as well use a warrior to hit the enemies of the edge using smash.
Don't use cleric for the third tower.
smashingrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
leprekon

Leprekon666's Gamercard
Got it done. Spent 1600ms points but it was worth it to get past that stupid level. Used warrior and cleric for the marshel section. Good thing the tickets were discounted this weekend. I had issues with a level with 1 spawn per tower but only took 3 tries on a level with no spawn, go figure. Now I can use my nice weapons and level them up and enjoy the mp