PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: What tournament type would you want to be the first?
1v1 tournament 12 40.00%
Video Game Olympics 13 43.33%
Completion competition 4 13.33%
Did I miss something? Please post below 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Vote for the tournament type!

It's almost mid-February and everyone is hyped about the first ever Ambassador tournament! At least I am

We have gotten a lot of suggestions about different kind of tournament types and we have currently +70 Ambassadors listed on the forums and counting.

I have listed the different type of tournaments up for a vote in this thread so please give your vote on what tournament would suit you the best and would get you in!

1v1 tournament
1v1 matches where the player who wins advances to next stage and so on until there's 4 players left. Winners will go to Gold matchup and Losers will go to Bronze matchup. Players will play games they have listed as their tournament games.

Video Game Olympics
We gather teams of players from their home countries and they battle against each other like in the real Olympics!

Completion Competition
Players try to get as much gamerscore in games selected by the judge (me) from different genres.

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro

Last edited by Jappe XBA; 02-13-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
I voted for Completion Competition because as of right now my internet sucks and playing online would be almost impossible so I can't participate in the other two choices.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
I'd go for the 1v1 multiplayer tournament, building toward the Video Game Olympics. VGO has the possibility to be the most complex event we have ever seen on the site, so it might not be the best thing to start with.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
I'd go for the 1v1 multiplayer tournament, building toward the Video Game Olympics. VGO has the possibility to be the most complex event we have ever seen on the site, so it might not be the best thing to start with.
Good point. My vote goes for the 1v1 tournament as well since it is quite easily doable.

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Old 02-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm leaning more towards this. The 1v1 would be the easiest to setup and is straight forward, but love the idea for the VGOs to still be done soon.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I voted for the VGO. I'd like to see them come through and the amount of work put toward them exceed anything conceived before.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
I voted for the VGO. I'd like to see them come through and the amount of work put toward them exceed anything conceived before.
Same vote/thoughts. + teams by country all competing, would be awesome.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Old 02-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Looks like I need to get some Finnish mates to the Ambassador program before the Olympics

Microsoft Fanboy:
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
I voted for 1v1. Keep it simple for the first go and see how it works out. We can get more experimental later....
Old 02-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Let's start off big: VGO gets my vote!

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Though I "participate" in them I've long since realised that gamerscore related competitions aren't the thing for me, so a completion competition will never get my vote.

I also think that a VGO might be a little much for a first attempt, especially since it would probably require more people and we're trying to find out what the numbers are like.

So that leaves a 1v1. Simple yet awesome.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
Ceris
~Kairi's Student~

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Staff - Guide Team   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
1v1s are a good idea to start with, but when available in a game, I'd rather go with team vs team instead of just 1v1.

Are there enough active Ambassadors and a large enough variety of nationalities to do a VGO?

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.

Last edited by Ceris; 02-13-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #13
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Olympics. The others don't seem like a good idea imo.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #14
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Video Game Olympics! That would be fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #15
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

Kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
Looks like I need to get some Finnish mates to the Ambassador program before the Olympics
In the likely chance that certain countries only have 1 or 2 competitors would it make sense to focus more on regional areas (based on user base size) rather than countries? Just a rough "mental sketch" to get my idea across. Nordic countries could likely be one region, mainland Europe, throw any mid/south pacific countries in with Australia, Asia, South America, Central America (plus Mexico), Canada could likely do okay on it's own or maybe merge it with something really small?, and then obviously US and UK on their own. If the US/UK end up still being really overpowered you could possibly break them down into west/east or north/south. Just a thought...

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
I think if VGO is the one everyone wants we will need to make it broader by region like someone said and make it a little less complicated for starts.

But I don't think we should "shy" away from it just because it'll be a big undertaking. You don't learn until you make mistakes and try.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #17
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
I think if VGO is the one everyone wants we will need to make it broader by region like someone said and make it a little less complicated for starts.

But I don't think we should "shy" away from it just because it'll be a big undertaking. You don't learn until you make mistakes and try.
you could do like the NHL did one year for the All Star game, North America (or the America's) vs the World.

Quote:
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #18
Capn Doug

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
you could do like the NHL did one year for the All Star game, North America (or the America's) vs the World.
Yeah... good luck with that. I don't think most Canadians would want to compete for "Team Americas."

Simple solution: No more than two participants from each country per event. If UK has 10 people, they end up focusing with each person doing only an event or two, while a team with 2 or 3 could have one person showing off and competing in every event.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Quote:
Yeah... good luck with that. I don't think most Canadians would want to compete for "Team Americas."

Simple solution: No more than two participants from each country per event. If UK has 10 people, they end up focusing with each person doing only an event or two, while a team with 2 or 3 could have one person showing off and competing in every event.
If that's the case, I think you and I will have to have a face off to see who represents Canada in the music genre
Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
Capn Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
If that's the case, I think you and I will have to have a face off to see who represents Canada in the music genre
I said no more than two participants. I count two people vying for the position. The problem solved itself beofre you even mentioned that there might be a problem!

Plus, I'm pretty sure you're better at drums, we're not too far apart on guitar (edge to you) and I'm probably better at vocals and dancing. So even if it was just one person, we'd just divy it up.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #21
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
VGO sounds fun, but I don't think i've seen any other Australians posting in here. I could carry the entire country on my own but I just don't know if i'm ready for that kind of responsibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #22
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

Kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
VGO sounds fun, but I don't think i've seen any other Australians posting in here. I could carry the entire country on my own but I just don't know if i'm ready for that kind of responsibility
Well seeing as all staff are automatically eligible Rekikire could show up out of the blue.

Quote:
I said no more than two participants. I count two people vying for the position. The problem solved itself beofre you even mentioned that there might be a problem!

Plus, I'm pretty sure you're better at drums, we're not too far apart on guitar (edge to you) and I'm probably better at vocals and dancing. So even if it was just one person, we'd just divy it up.
Hey, what about me! I beat your Poker Face score on the in game leaderboards in the first Dance Central if I recall correctly

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #23
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Quote:

I'm terrible at singing and my drums are busted, so guitar only.

Though if we were going to do a music genre face off the smart idea would be band vs band.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #24
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Though if we were going to do a music genre face off the smart idea would be band vs band.
This makes most sense if we end up getting to a music face off.

Anywho, what Deadly Dog said - we might as well try the VGO even if it's "too" big. I'd say why don't we just have at most 3 participants per region/country instead of 2. America and UK has 5-10+ Ambassadors, no?

Last edited by BiggD; 02-14-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 AM   #25
Spanish Assault

Quote:
oh yeah... that's right. You guys are better then us. I forgot.

Whatever, I tried to offer a solution....I didn't ask for Canadians to sing God bless America.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 AM   #26
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I call Guitar Hero player, Rock Band guitarist, and CoD rusher for team 'Merica!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #27
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratify View Post
I call Guitar Hero player, Rock Band guitarist, and CoD rusher for team 'Merica!
Allow me to sing vocals for you in Rock Band and rush along your side in CoD and our team will be lead to victory, my fellow 'merican.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:23 AM   #28
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I voted VGO. Team 'Merica all the way!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #29
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
You Americans won't know what hit you..

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #30
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
You Americans won't know what hit you..

Yeah right!

Closed Thread