PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: What tournament type would you want to be the first?
1v1 tournament 12 40.00%
Video Game Olympics 13 43.33%
Completion competition 4 13.33%
Did I miss something? Please post below 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #61
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Kind of have to throw this one out there now:

Not meaning to insult, it's just hilarious.
I'm pretty sure we'd be fine without Canada....

Just annoyed that the sites pastime seems to be trashing the USA. The fact that you felt no member from Canada would want nothing to do with Team America is just stupid...the continent they are located on is called NORTH AMERICA.

I do know one thing, what ever we decide I want NOTHING to do with Canadians.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #62
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I'm pretty sure we'd be fine without Canada....

Just annoyed that the sites pastime seems to be trashing the USA. The fact that you felt no member from Canada would want nothing to do with Team America is just stupid...the continent they are located on is called NORTH AMERICA.

Aww.... Someone's taking this a little personally.

Either way, there is a big difference between wanting to play on Team America and being forced to play on Team America (which is what your plan came very close to being). Under the system as I have proposed it, if a Scot is not comfortale competing with the English, they could essentially play as Team Scotland. If someone wanted to compete for Team Texas, they could. The big thing: It is their choice to do so.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #63
kaleido42
CET & MCD

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

Kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Seriously? You want nothing to do with any of us because of the words of one of us? Since Doug's initial comment you've done nothing but trash talk all of us!

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!

Message Me: XBL|XBA|PST
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #64
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Aww.... Someone's taking this a little personally.

Either way, there is a big difference between wanting to play on Team America and being forced to play on Team America (which is what your plan came very close to being). Under the system as I have proposed it, if a Scot is not comfortale competing with the English, they could essentially play as Team Scotland. If someone wanted to compete for Team Texas, they could. The big thing: It is their choice to do so.
Again, so how did making your statement help in anyway. Saying you wanted to make it so you can pick where you represent would of been fine. You had to jab the US, again because it's the "IN" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Seriously? You want nothing to do with any of us because of the words of one of us? Since Doug's initial comment you've done nothing but trash talk all of us!

There is more to it then just this...same thing happened in an off topic thread....about Zombie Apocalypse. You guys do realize that we are just trying to organize a tournament....not change your beliefs or make you love America. Honestly I'm upset cause it wasn't called for. I think less of you two because of your narrow minded comments. I'm done discussing this on here. PM if you want to discuss some more.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #65
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Wow. I never knew voting for a tournament type would turn into such a dramatic and argumentative discussion.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
~ HARLEY IS LOVE, HARLEY IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 02-17-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #66
kaleido42
CET & MCD

Kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester
Quote:
PM if you want to discuss some more.
Done....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Wow. I never new voting for a tournament type would turn into such a dramatic and argumentative discussion.
It's hopefully out of the thread now, time to get back to brainstorming

EDIT: For the record, I've got nothing against the US, or playing in a collective tournament with US members, I just don't want this grouped up into some big thing of only 2 teams (NA vs EU)

Last edited by kaleido42; 02-17-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #67
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Wow. I never new voting for a tournament type would turn into such a dramatic and argumentative discussion.
Exactly. I have no idea when this went from playful banter about different teams to taking offense and actually hating on another country and its people. I don't really wanted to be associated with other Ambassadors that harbor hate against a country or a group of people.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #68
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Quote:
EDIT: For the record, I've got nothing against the US, or playing in a collective tournament with US members, I just don't want this grouped up into some big thing of only 2 teams (NA vs EU)
Never assumed you did The more teams the better. Canada and U.S. should be separate and that's that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Exactly. I have no idea when this went from playful banter about different teams to taking offense and actually hating on another country and its people. I don't really wanted to be associated with other Ambassadors that harbor hate against a country or a group of people.
I'm sure no one meant any harm in arguing over their countries and everything. So long as there's no thoughts or discussions of "we're genuinely better than your country and therefore we don't want to play with or against you" then we're fine.

Last edited by BiggD; 02-18-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #69
kaleido42
CET & MCD

Kaleido42's Gamercard

Quote:
Exactly. I have no idea when this went from playful banter about different teams to taking offense and actually hating on another country and its people.
Agreed. A thing or two that I said either has or will hopefully be settled privately with someone... I'm sorry if anyone took offense to anything I said, please let me know (specifically and privately) so it can be learned from and avoided in the future.

I hope none of my food comments offended you xhunterrrr

Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 AM   #70
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze

Old 02-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #72
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GSL 13 Winner   Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a
Quote:
Wow. I never knew voting for a tournament type would turn into such a dramatic and argumentative discussion.
I wake up and this is the first sensible post of all those 20 posts you guys made during the time I was gone...

I could go on and delete all of those trash talk posts but I'm just too tired at the moment.

On topic: Teams by time zone would be good, but then again when 2 teams are competing they are still from different time zones and the difference can be anywhere from 2 hours to 10 hours. It would also take away the idea of Olympics where at least I think it's people competing for their country.

Maybe the best idea would be actually to open up a sign-up thread and see how many people we get and from how many countries/time zones/continents and then make the decision on how to divide them in teams.

Of course you might end up in a team with someone who you don't like (referring to this Canada-US argument) but then again I don't think every athlete in the real Olympics like each other who are competing for the same country.

Disliking someone on your team brings down your chemistry though (thanks NHL games for this term) but isn't that what teamwork is for? Getting along with people and try to work together for the best outcome.

Please no more trash talking. At least on the public side.

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8.1) Microsoft Lumia 532 (WP8.1) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #73
kaleido42
CET & MCD

Kaleido42's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
I wake up and this is the first sensible post of all those 20 posts you guys made during the time I was gone...

I need to unsubscribe and forget about this thread, too much butthurt... I assume a new thread will be made when an official decision is made?

Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #74
StayonTarget
Red Three Standing By

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Jappe. A bigger problem than time zones would be connection. You can't play Cod if the host is on the opposite side of the world.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #75
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GSL 13 Winner   Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a
Quote:

I need to unsubscribe and forget about this thread, too much butthurt... I assume a new thread will be made when an official decision is made?
There will be new discussion thread when the tournament is about to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Jappe. A bigger problem than time zones would be connection. You can't play Cod if the host is on the opposite side of the world.
How about I host the matches so everyone has the same latency?

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8.1) Microsoft Lumia 532 (WP8.1) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #76
kaleido42
CET & MCD

Kaleido42's Gamercard

Quote:
There will be new discussion thread when the tournament is about to start
Alright, thanks!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #77
StayonTarget
Red Three Standing By

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Quote:
Then we'll be sitting at the popular table at a mental asylum.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #78
Ceris
Guide Team

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Staff - Guide Team   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Wouldn't that create even more of a problem when dealing with different time zones? With you needing to host, we could end up dealing with Australian time, North American times, and European times all at once.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #79
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
Wouldn't that create even more of a problem when dealing with different time zones? With you needing to host, we could end up dealing with Australian time, North American times, and European times all at once.
Yeah that was a part of a joke maybe we could come up with someone who has the best connections and they would host it.

If everyone is not happy with that we could change the host to other continent during the match if the other team still feels that the others have host advantage.

Mostly when I was still playing Cod with my friends we owned everyone even though we had yellow connection

Microsoft Fanboy:
Old 02-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #80
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Yeah that was a part of a joke maybe we could come up with someone who has the best connections and they would host it.

If everyone is not happy with that we could change the host to other continent during the match if the other team still feels that the others have host advantage.

Mostly when I was still playing Cod with my friends we owned everyone even though we had yellow connection
wow...this sounds like a logistics nightmare. Hopefully you can figure out something without it being such a pain in the rear-end.

Whatever you decide, since I was acting like such a baby over the weekend I wont be allowed to complain.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #81
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
wow...this sounds like a logistics nightmare. Hopefully you can figure out something without it being such a pain in the rear-end.

Whatever you decide, since I was acting like such a baby over the weekend I wont be allowed to complain.
I don't understand your attitude. We are all here to have fun, be a noticeable part of the X360A community, and represent the site to attract more people.

As for hosting, my loving Time Warner Cable internet could host everyone. I don't mind. I do enjoy host advantage.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #82
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't understand your attitude. We are all here to have fun, be a noticeable part of the X360A community, and represent the site to attract more people.
Oh no...now an American v. American fight might break out Guys...just let each other be.

Anywho, I have great connection so if we're looking for "candidates" who could host, I could be considered.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #83
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Oh no...now an American v. American fight might break out Guys...just let each other be.

Anywho, I have great connection so if we're looking for "candidates" who could host, I could be considered.
I am not starting a fight or wanting one.

And if you host, then how will I have my host advantage. I'm not good enough to win without it.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #84
Spanish Assault

Quote:
I am not starting a fight or wanting one.

And if you host, then how will I have my host advantage. I'm not good enough to win without it.
No issues here. Lets move on.

It's pretty safe to say that if there would be hosting...it would by a neutral host. In a game like Call of Duty doesn't it randomly assign host? Can't we just let the game decide who is host?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #85
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
It's pretty safe to say that if there would be hosting...it would by a neutral host. In a game like Call of Duty doesn't it randomly assign host? Can't we just let the game decide who is host?
I think some games try to find the best host (or so they tell us) In my experience the lag issues only happen when people drop in and out. I've hosted games with people from NA and Europe and have had no problems until new people started joining.

If there were only a small group of us and we were in a private match, hopefully connection won't be a major issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
always remember; ''WWTD'' (What would Taylor do?)
Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #86
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
In a game like Call of Duty doesn't it randomly assign host? Can't we just let the game decide who is host?
I think that's true.

There seems to be a lot more complications about this tournament than we had initially accounted for

Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #87
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I think some games try to find the best host (or so they tell us) In my experience the lag issues only happen when people drop in and out. I've hosted games with people from NA and Europe and have had no problems until new people started joining.

If there were only a small group of us and we were in a private match, hopefully connection won't be a major issue.
for some reason when I play MW2 with a large group it almost always make me host....my internet is the slowest Comcast has....it kind of sucks.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #88
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

I thought the matches are being played in Private matches where the host is the guy who you decide it to be. I don't know how a tournament game could be played on the Public side

Dedicated servers would be best but does CoD have them? No.

One positive thing about submitting a high score in a game instead of online versus is that there is no lag and everyone has equal chances to win.

Does anyone know how this kind of tournaments have been held before? Like the Subscribers Cod 4 tourney?

I wasn't around yet when that happened.

Microsoft Fanboy:
Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #89
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Does anyone know how this kind of tournaments have been held before? Like the Subscribers Cod 4 tourney?

I wasn't around yet when that happened.
I wasn't a subscriber back then but I occasionally sat on the sidelines and watched

The larger games like COD and GTA would have a set time limit eg 10 minutes, then whoever came 1st would win. The smaller rooms like UNO were set up so that the winner or top 2 of each round progressed to the next. I don't think the smaller ones had staff sitting in on the game but relied more on everyone being honest and the winner would sign their name in the thread to let the staff know they had won.

I guess it all comes down to how many people sign up/show up as to how each game is set up. If enough people show up for a game like COD then you may need to have 2 matches, then the top half of each go into a final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
always remember; ''WWTD'' (What would Taylor do?)
Old 02-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #90
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

So when is this thing happening!?

Closed Thread