PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: What tournament type would you want to be the first?
1v1 tournament 12 40.00%
Video Game Olympics 13 43.33%
Completion competition 4 13.33%
Did I miss something? Please post below 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #91
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
So when is this thing happening!?
Never. We are just going to talk about it forever.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #92
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:

I say this thing commences right away!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Old 02-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #93
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I wasn't a subscriber back then but I occasionally sat on the sidelines and watched

The larger games like COD and GTA would have a set time limit eg 10 minutes, then whoever came 1st would win. The smaller rooms like UNO were set up so that the winner or top 2 of each round progressed to the next. I don't think the smaller ones had staff sitting in on the game but relied more on everyone being honest and the winner would sign their name in the thread to let the staff know they had won.

I guess it all comes down to how many people sign up/show up as to how each game is set up. If enough people show up for a game like COD then you may need to have 2 matches, then the top half of each go into a final?
Creech told me that he was holding the Cod 4 tournament up and it was easier because it was only one time.

In VGO we are going to have many match-ups going on and maybe even at the same time.

The teams will be given a time limit (probably a week) to complete an event, for example Call of Duty match. If during that time (week) the teams can not get a game set up, they will both get a lose for that event. In other words there will be no medal awarded to either team and both teams' chances to be #1 in the end gets a little worse.

Quote:
We need to get the rules set up and I'll open a sign-up thread soon.

People from USA and UK will be divided into smaller teams. People from around the world will be playing either for their own country (if they have enough contestants) or their continent.

USA will be divided into time zones. Time zones are PT, MT, CT, ET.

I have no clue how we could divide UK so please give some suggestions fellow Europeans!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #94
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
I have no clue how we could divide UK so please give some suggestions fellow Europeans!

Regions!

East/West Midlands, NE/NW/SE/SW England, London etc.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #95
Spade.
Telemiscommunications

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Should 'Merica be split into 2 or 4 sections?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #96
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratify View Post
Should 'Merica be split into 2 or 4 sections?
timezones...so 4.

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Altaοr Ibn La-Ahad
Old 02-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #97
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
In VGO we are going to have many match-ups going on and maybe even at the same time.

The teams will be given a time limit (probably a week) to complete an event, for example Call of Duty match. If during that time (week) the teams can not get a game set up, they will both get a lose for that event. In other words there will be no medal awarded to either team and both teams' chances to be #1 in the end gets a little worse.

People from USA and UK will be divided into smaller teams. People from around the world will be playing either for their own country (if they have enough contestants) or their continent.
So far, sounds good. A week should be plenty of time to complete an event. BAR4D's suggestion for splitting up the UK/Europe seems ideal. And the four teams for the U.S. (based on time zones) is a great idea. Who else is on the East Coast?

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #98
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
So far, sounds good. A week should be plenty of time to complete an event. BAR4D's suggestion for splitting up the UK/Europe seems ideal. And the four teams for the U.S. (based on time zones) is a great idea. Who else is on the East Coast?
Eastern Time zone here.... even though I live in the Mid-West....crazy.

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Altaοr Ibn La-Ahad
Old 02-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #99
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
I know the VGO is first in the poll (barely), but I agree with Doug's initial sentiment that we shouldn't start with it. There's a lot to work out which will take awhile, and this thread has evidenced that attitudes will only complicate things (both impatience and "nationalism").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-21-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:25 AM   #100
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
I know the VGO is first in the poll (barely), but I agree with Doug's initial sentiment that we shouldn't start with it. There's a lot to work out which will take awhile, and this thread has evidenced that attitudes will only complicate things (both impatience and "nationalism").
In theory it might be a good idea to have the 1v1 tournament starting in April, use that to test the set up for time zones, get any problematic rules corrected and test honest self reporting as a means of tracking scores. Have the VGO start up in July and August when schedules are a little freer for those of us who are in school (making setting up times easier) and just go to town.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #101
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 45 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
In theory it might be a good idea to have the 1v1 tournament starting in April, use that to test the set up for time zones, get any problematic rules corrected and test honest self reporting as a means of tracking scores. Have the VGO start up in July and August when schedules are a little freer for those of us who are in school (making setting up times easier) and just go to town.
I had suggested this in the thread earlier but it seemed to get lost amongst all the excitement. We shouldn't jump into something so complex when the ambassador 'program' is in its infancy.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #102
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
I know I said that I'd leave, but....

I voted for the olympics, but if it makes an ounce of difference I'd like my vote to be unofficially taken back (seeing as I see no way to change it in the actual poll) and put it towards the 1 on 1 thing. I've changed my mind and agree now with the people saying to do the smaller event first. See how easily people can get matched up before doing anything quite so massive.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #103
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Sounds good to me too. Even though someone else needs to run the VGO if it will start in the summer since I will have to leave to the army in July and I will rarely be on until 2014.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #104
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Sounds good to me too. Even though someone else needs to run the VGO if it will start in the summer since I will have to leave to the army in July and I will rarely be on until 2014.
That can be worked out later. It shouldn't be too hard though. There's plenty of people who would fit the criteria to manage it (staff and members alike).
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #105
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
That can be worked out later. It shouldn't be too hard though. There's plenty of people who would fit the criteria to manage it (staff and members alike).
We will be managing the Ambassador program with Yunder from now on. If he is up for the task then he can run the VGO as well as other things related to the program while I'm gone.

So have we decided to go with the 1v1 tournament now?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #106
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
So have we decided to go with the 1v1 tournament now?
Seems like it. Now to figure out the semantics. I imagine discussion would be in the order of format first, then game(s), then ruleset. Should we have that discussion in a new thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-25-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #107
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Seems like it. Now to figure out the semantics. I imagine discussion would be in the order of format first, then game(s), then ruleset. Should we have that discussion in a new thread?
Well the games should be posted here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=422495

Format and rules have been hashed out before, but probably need to be re-posted to get everyone on the same page. Then it comes down to signups and bracketing.

Change is inevitable.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #108
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

I'm currently out of city but when I'll get back, I will create the sign up thread for the 1v1 tourney and will list the rules in there so we can kick this off in April
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #109
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Closed Thread