Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #1
Starsider Sajun

Starsider Sajun's Gamercard
So... multiplayer

So, multiplayer is a bit ridiculous it seems.

I'm happy to say that I'm very good at FPS games in general, and that includes Bioshock, but I can't see myself playing the multiplayer long enough to get any more of the achievements beyond the basic ones that you get almost immediately.

At what point did they add the electric crossbow insanity? There's literally nothing you can do against a level 50 player who's got that thing, except die of course.

Is there some gameplay mode or map or something where it can't be used?
Starsider Sajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
Rashaka1

Rashaka1's Gamercard
If you find one. Let me know.

Rashaka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Starsider Sajun

Starsider Sajun's Gamercard
So yeah... apparantly there's no map that doesn't allow the crossbow and shock plasmid combo. There is a mode but it's melee only and no one plays it.

That's one of the main problems I'm seeing with the game. About the only people that play it are people like me trying to get the achievements and a bunch of level 50+ players all who seem to play with the shock and crossbow combo.

The core gameplay is pretty fun. Bioshock 2 is by no means a great multiplayer shooter, but it's good enough to where I'd play it regularly, if it weren't for that one combo. When you get in a map and you see that one or two players have like 20-30 more kills than the rest, and somewhere around 5 or so deaths apiece, it's not long before you realize which weapon and plasmid they're using...

Dunno who at 2k decided it was a good idea to add a 1 hit kill weapon to a game where you can completely stop a player's movement for a few seconds. Whoever it was needs to be slapped in the face.

That all being said, I have stuck with it. Level 22 right now. It doesn't really take that long to level up I suppose. Between 3-4 matches of doing semi-decently will net you a full level, and every now and then you'll get in a match with no one using that damn combo and then it's much more even and the game is really fun.
Starsider Sajun is offline   Reply With Quote