PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #391
Andreas_loel
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,433

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Bully, The warriors, RDR

And i would be quite fucking happy if Sacred 3 could come soon
__________________
GT: Mr Fiskeh

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #392
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Cool Repetitive

It is interesting you bring that up. I'd actually been writing a thesis on this very subject, relating to E3, just within the last week. In fact I have it written here.


Killer Instinct was by far and away the most impressive game show cased for me at E3, that definitely took a lot of courage on Rare's part. I know the "Helix" team behind it isn't Rare, yet it has a lot of Rare employees. And the game looks so jaw-dropping I would just as soon record the video.

It signifies that Rare is back, and they are formidable again. The approach of their company or who fills each role, isn't as important now. I wouldn't be shocked for example that the main team is working on Conkers Bad Fur Day 2 right now, each weekday, only they changed their name from "Rare" to something else. A lot of Rare employees did leave the company, and went on to form new ones such as Double Helix which also works with MS. They did this for various reasons, mainly a certain stigma attached to "Rare" that makes it sound childish.

Sure, the leads left and a few others disappeared who used to make "Rare" back in the day, yet truth be told there was no one "making" Rare. Rare is still a solid studio, they just have a different cast and crew with very few old timers remaining now. They have teams who did things like Battle Toads or RC Pro Am, not the crew who made Sabreman/Jetpac or Donkey Kong games. So there's nothing really wrong about this, it's just they changed to go a different direction. As to why I'm impressed, I mainly like the new path they've chosen. I'm not surprised at all the shifting around of staff and I think they did the right thing. After all, the old timers who love doing iOS games are gone which makes room for new blood. Double Helix and Rare both excel at creating games with edge. I already predicted we will see a good result out of this, with Conker 2 on Xbox One.

The whole thing is ultimately a matter of cause and effect, what I prefer to call the "ergonomics of economics." MS can't allow Rare to keep trying to play it safe, because that's not the market they cater to now. That market has split up again. Sure, there is always a family looking for a Rare game: yet there is just as many hardcore gamers who desire an edge. Rare's finally awoke to this, and this gen, we will see less Kinect Sports/Banjo and much more Conker or Battletoads. These are the ones that will make your great sales, and sales are the bottom line here. In Europe people are especially starved for Rare games with edge, akin to Perfect Dark or a Conker 2.

All it needs to do, is fulfill that desire - flood that market with the games people wish to buy. And they can't do that too fast in irrational ways. They need to follow the road map, which as of this E3, I sense consists mainly of episodic film games. Quantum Break is the exact criteria of new IP Microsoft truly needs to break into the European market. It has all the aspects of a thriller, a mystery and a novel with a well done script. It's got good characters. It's different and edgy. Everyone's leaving the Wii in the dust, so it provides something for this audience - those who turn back to their tablets and Amazon pads. Quantum will likely get good sales then, enough to raise Sony's dander which will quicken a release date of Alan Wake 2 for global launch.

There's a science to all this, a science to the law of economics. People more often then not; insulted me for suggesting that Microsoft would lock down Breath of Fire 6. They said it was a "waste of energy" and a foolish pipe dream, as though it could never happen and there would be no Breath of Fire 6. However, where are those folks now once I was proven one hundred percent correct about Breath of Fire 6?
http://the-magicbox.com/1308/game130801b.shtml


Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, and Breath of Fire plus Monster Hunter are million sellers. Well, quite frankly people are still wrong. Because that isn't at all the ONLY version of Breath of Fire. I mean CAPCOM would not do this in a way they hedge their bets. One of them is designed to be a cash-cow, in the mobile phone market among the thousands/million plus mobile players in Asia now. That's the watered down PC version. However there is another version of Breath of Fire and Monster Hunter they clearly haven't announced yet......what platform do you think that one's for?

MS is definitely not someone to fool around. If CAPCOM strikes it rich with some mobile Breath of Fire software, then the real deal is already slated for Xbox One to offer cross-play with PC. And when we look at how good the games could look on a 20 million dollar budget, just imagine double that budget now running technology similar to cry engine 3. Now that is exactly, the exact tech they will duplicate for Breath of Fire on Xbox One. Anyone want to bet against this proposition? After all, MS is making $ on the licensing side for their mobile phones, CAPCOM has all these contracts. How can that NOT feed into the launch of the real deal, alongside the release of brand new console hardware in 2014?

So what's my prediction here? I feel that pretty much, MS is indeed saving the best for last. For all the Game of Thrones fans across Europe they will unveil the next Breath of Fire at some event. Followed shortly thereafter by Lost Odyssey 2 (in full regalia) and a new IP. The budget for these games will be lower than we figured they would be, since companies are now playing up the strength of the mobile phone market. And the mobile phone markets make these folks so much easy money, there is pretty much no better way to expand growth of video games. You know this pachinko craze isn't going to be going on forever...What better time for Sony or Microsoft to cash in on it then now.

The Wii will continue to flounder, and literally anyone leaving that market is going to look at PS4 or Xbox One. So this is the big way MS can get a slight edge over Sony, which might even mean victory in Europe. And that is why I fully believe, we will see Breath of Fire, Lost Odyssey and Alan Wake launched on the new Xbox in the new year.

Last edited by RaitakanaMendoza; 08-03-2013 at 09:32 PM.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #393
The Belgrade Phantom
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32

BG Fantom's Gamercard
If we talk about games which have not been announced yet then I would like to see :

Mass Effect 4
Mafia 3
Sleeping Dogs 2

Also I would like to see a some good game about Highlander and game about my heroes from childhood Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ; )
The Belgrade Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #394
rdskns170
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 299

the only IS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Belgrade Phantom View Post
If we talk about games which have not been announced yet then I would like to see :

Mass Effect 4
Mafia 3
Sleeping Dogs 2

Also I would like to see a some good game about Highlander and game about my heroes from childhood Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ; )
From what I see there is a mass effect "4", but with no Shepard, and more of a spring up and not along the lines of the trilogy aka Halo-ODST like..
__________________
Moving up to the XBOX ONE! Go BUCKS!!

rdskns170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #395
MabusScarab
 
MabusScarab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,013

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Iron Brigade (Trenched) 2
Fusion: Genesis sequel
The Saboteur 2
__________________
Letsgowings.com Detroit Red Wings Fan Site Moderator
ChurchOfMabusRadio.com Site/Forum Admin
NHL 14 Leaguegaming.com CHL GM Kootenay Ice
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #396
soldier95
 
soldier95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 117

TearfulPrawn77's Gamercard
Definitely Bully. I know a trademark has been registered for something Bully related this past week but since nothing has been formally announced about it yet I will include it. I enjoyed the game so much back on the PS2 and replayed it again on the 360 with Scholarship Edition. A sequel would be amazing.
__________________
soldier95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #397
Purge
 
Purge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Posts: 4,447
Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Fez 2
Dark Souls 2
Alien Hominid
Castle Crashers
Super Meat Boy
__________________
mangalist
Every night, I can feel my leg, and my arm... even my fingers.
The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?



Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #398
Galarzaa90
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mexico
Posts: 60

Galarzaa90's Gamercard
Red Dead Redemption Sequel, Prequel or even if the story is totally unrelated
__________________
Galarzaa90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #399
Spartan343DAlterias
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 52
Lightbulb good times

lol, I just love the discussions of Xbox fans and Sony ponies. Because you guys don't give a crap about artsy stuff, you just lay it on the line. Sales are what matter, you don't get the art without the sales.

Cash is what counts on the hill, kiddos.
bottom line: If it ain't selling, it isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Doesn't matter how amazingly awesome or artistic it is....

fact of life: the Wii U is a piece of garbage. that isn't just my opinion, it's NOT SELLING to pretty much the entire united kingdom....

nobody is buying it, thus they don't like the artsy crap like wonderful 101 and mario 3d. If it was really all so lovely good, bloody all the nintendo drones would be buying it.

they don't buy it, thus all these exclusive games are a waste of time. even the Ps3, with its pathetic first 2 years, had better exclusive games than Wii U!!

lmao, AND SADLY THAT ain't an opinion. it's a fact. I liked metroid back on the SNES, but looking back that was the most boring crap ever. you want example of what games not to do, look no further than nintendo'. these are just simply games people don't buy....

bloody heck, I wouldn't take a wii u if it was thrown threw my window. that's just being realistic you see. I already want the last guardian, quantum break, dead rising 3 and sunset overdrive.

those are all great exclusive games for xbox one & ps4.....no ONE is denying that..when you say they suck that's an opinion. the games are what people buy, nice stuff like BELOW. stuff with sass.

these games are UNIVERSALLY liked, unlike say "WII U" and pikmin....THAT is a fact. most of the games on wii u are universally HATED......in germany, uk, you name it. that is also a fact.

economics drive the industry kids, if a game doesn't sell it doesn't get made. I have one thing to say about the lost odyssey idea..that sounds like a winner. because people are starved for good rpgs.

lost odyssey is a great RPG that could sell a million copies easily, revive the rpg genre and light up the charts in europe. IF it had the right marketing it would clobber the sales chart. conker 2, could outsell ratchet & clank with total ease.

metroid on the other hand....that'll never happen, that series is stuck on handhelds and IT IS NOT POPULAR.

Last edited by Spartan343DAlterias; 08-05-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Spartan343DAlterias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #400
alpha17
 
alpha17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kitsap,Washington
Posts: 710

alpha613's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_loel View Post
Bully, The warriors, RDR

And i would be quite fucking happy if Sacred 3 could come soon
I would love a Warriors sequel, the second movie was supposed to happen then stuff happened and it just ended up getting bogged down.

Republic Commando 2
This would be amazing since they could take plenty of inspiration from the books, or even just make up a new story from the eyes of Delta as Imperial Commandos.
alpha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #401
godsandm0nsters
 
godsandm0nsters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 169

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard
Left 4 Dead 3, Fallout 4 and Fable 4 hand down.
__________________



Retail Completions: 60 | Arcade Completions: 24
Last Completion: BioShock Infinite (1695)
Currently Playing: Aliens Colonial Marines, Spec Ops The Line
godsandm0nsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #402
BiggD
76 Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,206

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Fallout 4 (which is currently in development, I believe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsandm0nsters View Post
Left 4 Dead 3, Fallout 4 and Fable 4 hand down.
Valve would NEVER make a Left 4 Dead 3, lol.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #403
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Talking Touche?



Well, that's the whole thing you see. The Wii is an absolute flop. I don't think I'm being unfair when I say that, even if I'm not saying what crowds love to hear. (If anything I'm being nice: since there's an awful lot of hardcore who would love for nothing less than Nintendo's bankruptcy!)


I genuinely believe Zelda Skyward Sword is a bad game, not because I hate it, but because the game is riddled with bugs. It doesn't even swing his sword right, and I don't think Nintendo really knows what they are doing today period.

Apple has shaved so much of their Gameboy market away from them, this only makes it all the more embarrassing to be proven right. I doubt they even have the pull with Mario that they once did. Gamers got to eat, and if they already got 2 other consoles there's no way they'll buy a Wii.

The bottom line here is I'm being kind and just stating the truth, when I say Wii U is a total disaster. Compared to the others its basically a flop games wise. There is nothing really amazing coming out, such as Dead Rising 3 or Titanfall like we see on Xbox One.

And besides a 360 port those are permanent exclusives. The Wii, thanks to Nintendo literally ignoring Apple now has only these type of games. It is like someone releasing a console with nothing but Goichi Suda games, that's the situation that Wii U is in now. Sadly it isn't going to turn around either.
Sure, I could say that it's awesome the Wii has Bayonetta 2 or Fire Emblem/SMT, but if I never liked Fire Emblem anyway it doesn't really matter to have it. They're going to sit there on the shelf and barely be bought at all, basically and these are the AAA games Nintendo relies on.

So anyway, getting back to my main point of this post. I think it is very clear that MS knows they need to capitalize on the Wii bumbling. They have a golden opportunity here to even outshine it in Japan, and get locked head to head against Sony for the crown by early next year. I can see it right away. Wii will take a great thumpin, and I'm sure there isn't a company who would not cheer for Nintendo's exit...but it's certainly not happening by way of these contestants. (If Nintendo messes up real bad, if anyone forces them to turn into an IPTV it would be Apple)

This whole bit about bringing back Lost Odyssey in several areas is actually a great idea. First because, the franchise still has quite a bit of pull in Europe and also because Sakaguchi just got done with his own projects. So even having Sakaguchi's name mentioned in the same press junket, would do wonders for Xbox One in various markets which are extra tough. Secondly, because the artwork for this game could definitely do justice on the Xbox One - not to mention Experia Phones.....and even the Vita & Android 5s since nobody has seen jrpgs of this scale before. Blue Dragon was so much milder...and you got to get good sales in before you try other things. So actually what 10 years ago would've sounded crazy, is a great idea today.

And finally my last point of contention I would argue. I don't know if it's such a good idea mind-share wise to put Lost Odyssey on multiple platforms, yet profit wise its a perfect fit. If they needed to they could just change some names around and end up with a hefty profit. Duly noted because Xbox One intends to win, and using some games with broader appeal such as Lost Odyssey and Breath of Fire will make it so they win. The winner's circle is in this console war is very small with the separation of units even smaller.

I could see games like Alan Wake 2, Titanfall, Halo 5, Breath of Fire, Conker 2 and Lost Odyssey 2 being the crown jewels that put the victor over the top. Think of it this way..we all know Sony is bringing Jak & Daxter back. We can't have a real console war without real mascots. Conker sure would fit the bill in regards to Xbox more "edgy" image, and then of course there's Capcom's BoF series. And after all, MS is facing zero competition from the Wii due to Nintendo's many fumbles. Best way to answer that is take the ball and run with it.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #404
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Future of entertainment

I always go by a general rule when I speak about something. That rule is, assume everything is the opposite of what it appears to be since its the opposite of what it appears to be. They're out to hit a home run. The upcoming Gamescom show is no different and I'm sure we'll see soon.

My bottom line here is Quantum Break was and is an epic game, beyond what anyone ever expected MS to do. Look at what they did in just the on screen demo. You're talking here about a game, that essentially lets you shut down time, to control elements of the FMV on screen in real-time.

Nothing like this has ever been attempted before, anytime, anywhere. We should expect this to be a rule from games they announce. I know a lot of folks are hyped up on Gamescom being where they reveal Crackdown 3. Personally I believe that won't be the swan song of the show.

I think MS is going to shock some people, and Germany is going to be where the public gets their first look of Lost Odyssey 2 and a new IP. A lot of trends have been hinting at this. I think it's time to listen.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/...al-fantasy-vi/
Kingdom Hearts was just announced. Recent interviews, article with Sakaguchi relating to Final Fantasy, and cryptic comments from Xbox One developers confirming the system's energy functions. A lot of people early on dismissed the rumor, but MS has since confirmed that Xbox One will feature a "on-demand" power save mode. That means it can go into stand by anytime just like a PC, showing people were far off the mark again.

The rule regarding MS console surprises should likewise apply to games too, so I feel the public should be ready for Lost Odyssey 2. I don't think they are going to unveil the whole thing...but I bet we'll see teaser trailers. Lost Odyssey and Quantum Break are real important IPs to Microsoft. It's a way to "satisfy" europe's masses, because europe is very very fickle.


They can't just throw anything out there anymore. So my bet is, LOST ODYSSEY 2 is teased....CRACKDOWN 3 is semi confirmed, and a new game by Rare is confirmed. The public isn't told that game is Conker 2, yet it clearly likely is. CONKER 2 could wind up as one of Microsoft's most important games yet.....We're talking about a game that can outshine Jak and Daxter in different countries.

MS has nothing that outshines Jak and Daxter so far. This is a make or break it time for platforming games, and with the rumors of Sony reviving Legend of Dragoon/Jak & Daxter, it's the only time to strike. Banjo won't cut it, Fable isn't enough. Fable 4 will likely be the last one for years.

Nintendo is a joke, as even Amazon makes a better console. Someone needs to revive our platforming genre. I work in whole sale and Mario doesn't sell anymore, it just -DOES.NOT.SELL. That's why you find Mario games littering the PC nowadays, free mario games. Nobody wants to buy it, when they can play it for free.

I wonder if Nintendo even cares about Mario? If they did surely they would sue all these people tossing out mario games all over the PC market. I can play any Mario game on a PC or tablet nowadays, tell me why I need Wii U? I think people are thus, very very wrong about this years sales. Wii U will flop everywhere, Xbox/PS sales will be the strongest yet instead. People will have to buy something, so we'll see them all buy a PS4/Xbox 1, pretty much confirming analyst's suspicions.

People don't like Nintendo nowadays...I couldn't tell you why. However it makes for fertile ground to bring something back with a lot of raunchiness, like Conker. And that is exactly what microsoft will do. I fully predict we're going to find out about Conker 2, and a teaser for Breath of Fire, shortly after Europe's Gamescom expo. We will hear of Crackdown 3...But there's going to be teasers for Lost Odyssey, Breath of Fire 6....and cryptic noise about Rare's upcoming game & Half Life.

Last edited by RaitakanaMendoza; 08-17-2013 at 02:22 AM.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #405
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SK3TS N GR4VY View Post
I guess I would like to see maybe another crackdown or L4D3 but ya know lol. So yeah Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, L4D3 would be some of my picks
Count on the fact that Gamescom will have plenty of surprises in store then......for all of us.


RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #406
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Lightbulb New games..

I must admit, I'm buying Ryse due to it looking like such a technically impressive game. Yet I'm not thinking their combat looks too hot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAimfRS2Z0g

I want something new...Crytek delivers. It really should up the ante however, and try to outclass God of War by making all movie sequences optional. There's too much potential to outshine the others.

GoW is a hit because of it's combos. Quick time events were so aggravating to me in God of War, I nearly broke a controller one time. It would be a lot nicer to aim for Dark Souls / Castlevania. Castlevania events rarely ever happen, as you can skip the worst. With Ryse they should make it an option that you can skip all of them, that way they are up-staging God of War and competing with Dark Souls.

Also I'd rather Kinect controls your inventory...Like used in Dead Rising 3, because lets face it Kinect works best when optional. And DR3 is basically my #1 so far, since Microsoft Vancouver and Capcom are making it...meaning its a 2nd party game. MS funded creation, so won't be ported.

I like Kinect, in some things. I just believe it needs to hit that full potential. Making it an accessory is a great way to expand 1st party games...making it the only way to control an npc is a good way to collapse them.

Maybe I just don't have the sense of taste as Europe has, since I still don't see how Ryse is all that good. I desire it to be good, yet it's got nothing on Quantum Break or Titanfall so far. It should aim to outclass Demon Souls.

But the graphics...Wow, the graphics are unrivaled. Which wouldn't surprise me if Ryse and Conker 2 wound up winning most graphically impressive games of the show. There's just no way to deny, Xbox One is bringing graphics that PS4 is barely capable of.

With all that said, I think Sunset Overdrive will remain exclusive since MS did tout it as a new IP next to Crackdown. And they have their stealth game being worked on. So they wouldn't greenlight Sunset with Insomniac, if they didn't have contracts on the IP to later have new series. Its the same way Sony wouldn't greenlight Ratchet. Sony does own the IP rights, but not the game, so Ratchet won't be on other systems. So neither will Overdrive, as Black Tusk studios is building MS new Splinter Cell series.

It is like saying that Nintendo is porting Bayonetta 2 everywhere. It's never even a possibility! They need the game to survive, so it won't be until Bayonetta 3 that you see it on other platforms. MS knows that Sunset Overdrive stays exclusive like D4, or they wouldn't create it.

Last edited by RaitakanaMendoza; 08-17-2013 at 06:05 PM.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #407
IDarK VorteXX
 
IDarK VorteXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London
Posts: 553

IDarK VorteXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaitakanaMendoza View Post

This whole bit about bringing back Lost Odyssey in several areas is actually a great idea. First because, the franchise still has quite a bit of pull in Europe and also because Sakaguchi just got done with his own projects. So even having Sakaguchi's name mentioned in the same press junket, would do wonders for Xbox One in various markets which are extra tough. Secondly, because the artwork for this game could definitely do justice on the Xbox One - not to mention Experia Phones.....and even the Vita & Android 5s since nobody has seen jrpgs of this scale before. Blue Dragon was so much milder...and you got to get good sales in before you try other things. So actually what 10 years ago would've sounded crazy, is a great idea today.

And finally my last point of contention I would argue. I don't know if it's such a good idea mind-share wise to put Lost Odyssey on multiple platforms, yet profit wise its a perfect fit. If they needed to they could just change some names around and end up with a hefty profit. Duly noted because Xbox One intends to win, and using some games with broader appeal such as Lost Odyssey and Breath of Fire will make it so they win. The winner's circle is in this console war is very small with the separation of units even smaller.
Lost Odyssey should definitely have a sequel but it would be hard to continue Kaims story. If they were to do it i would suggest creating new characters and stories. Both sakaguchi and Uematsu should come back and create a Lost Odyssey 2.
__________________

*Thanks to Audacious for the great signature*

I wear a mask. And that mask, is not to hide who I am, but to create what I am. I'm BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” – Abraham Lincoln
IDarK VorteXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #408
BitterMelonFarm
 
BitterMelonFarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 232

BitterMelonFarm's Gamercard
Conker 2. Please, please fucking Conker 2.

While we're at it, Lollipop Chainsaw 2. I don't know anyone else who loves the first game as much as I do, but I think it's fantastic.
__________________

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig!
Back after a lengthy hiatus
Latest Completion: South Park: The Stick of Truth
PSN - kingslayer52 (Vita and PS3, PS Plus)
BitterMelonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #409
Spartan343DAlterias
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 52
Wink yup

yo it has begun! Microsoft just registered fable legends....so they are prepping for europe.
yep you guys hit the literal nail on the head. The only reason I'm against an immediate release of Conker 2, is I bet you all a million bucks Conker would be the last gasp for Nintendo in europe.


I mean they even discontinued the WiiU in all ASADA stores!! that is europe's largest retailer, in the whole country. You people honestly think nintendo isn't gonna pull out of europe when say..Conker hits front page?!

Or heck, maybe we should call them "nintendont" considering all the bs bogus ways they tried to censor Chris Seavor's games..his works of art. consider how conker could've sold 3 MILLION copies...had they not told 'em they couldn't use weapons/online multiplayer in their game. Can you guys imagine the crowds. LOL, can you imagine them having to pull the WII U off store shelves because mario isn't selling as high as conker's bad fur day......Can you all imagine the level of humiliation!?!?

Oh, man get the popcorn lads!


microsoft is likely buying out part of Crytek according to this video...with Homefront and Conker secured it's a new ball-game in Europe. there's no way in heck sony doesn't release ratchet and jak 4 early on for ps4...
http://www.gamechup.com/homefront-2-...ed-early-build

anyway guys, that 3 MILLION of lost sales due to blatant censorship by *cough cough* the N. is easily 3 million in lost sales from rare...

In a franchise they really like, in one they're really good at....conker. Imagine if they weren't held back, and got to do everything they ever wanted.....in Conker 2. with 16 or more vehicles, an M 18+ rating, and a mascot sporting an official machine gun....not some gimmick.

hehe you all see my point, now? why not allow crytek to take a swing at Battletoads. BANJO KAZOOIE should be left in the dustbin....CONKER should rightfully come out and steal the spotlight!!!

then once the conker beast has been awoken....the NEW teams will take over the banjo series, and copy everything in conker for one last finale....
Spartan343DAlterias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #410
Spartan343DAlterias
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 52
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Deltaforge View Post
that ain't in-game footage...
Spartan343DAlterias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #411
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Arrow A saga for ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDarK VorteXX View Post
Lost Odyssey should definitely have a sequel but it would be hard to continue Kaims story. If they were to do it i would suggest creating new characters and stories. Both sakaguchi and Uematsu should come back and create a Lost Odyssey 2.
Yes, yes I agree. Yet that's exactly my point. Kaim will work as a cameo character no matter what, since he had to live for over 1000 years. The storyline is already very fleshed out to tell a rich epic of how such people came to live a thousand years to start with. It was just a really good story or project covering centuries of history.

You don't throw a story like that away you build upon it. Kaim, while he doesn't need to be in the lead is vital to the Lost Odyssey mythology. They could have flashback sequences telling more about how he got there, why Seth, etc. so we finally knew what happened inside the mirror realm. Maybe it brings the pirate back, who knows. And cancel the slow turn-based combat, copy Grandia's style. A story needs to tell a story yet it needs to sell too, so bring Shigematsu and Takashi to get the story absolutely right and then release the game. (Under the name of Lost Odyssey, but obviously as a Part Deux)

Last edited by RaitakanaMendoza; 08-18-2013 at 08:35 PM.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #412
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Post Platforms

Likewise, the Xbox system needs a 3d platformer that sells well. It has been missing that element. Whether it kicks Nintendo out or not is no problem of mine. The key here is Chris Seavor has always had an axe to grind with Banjo-Kazooie. After a lot of playtime I found though, I had those same complaints.
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole...50/icon_xl.jpg

It's slow, there's too much to collect. It takes too long in each hub. Vehicles don't break up the slow feeling; they cripple it. It just isn't as fun as Conker. In fact, Conker obliterates the game. So yes I fully agree we bring Conker back and pay Chris to work with Double Helix. It is time for a REAL platform game the Xbox audience can relish in, alongside Halo. I just have this gut feeling that's all.....that Conker 2 is closer than we ever thought.

I also feel that if Conker is set to land soon, Banjo has gone on hiatus. And with that whole series I would rather Microsoft team up with Insomniac and Dakota Games probably, to turn them loose on Banjo and make him Conker's best disciple.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #413
BitterMelonFarm
 
BitterMelonFarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 232

BitterMelonFarm's Gamercard
I agree that Microsoft should resurrect Conker and make him the Xbox mascot. As of now, the company has no real mascot. Master Chief, as the face of a company, inspires no enthusiasm. The Halo brand is huge and deservedly so, but Master Chief really isn't a big part of that. The Xbox is geared almost exclusively towards teens and adults, and what better way to promote the system than with Conker, the ultimate anti-Mario. I like the idea of making the sequel darker and grittier while retaining the trademark wit and sick hilarity that made us love the alcoholic, foul-mouthed, and perpetually horny squirrel in the first place. The multiplayer could make the game an essential must-have for Xbox One owners. If they're smart, Microsoft's next huge franchise is a Nintendo cast-off from over a decade ago.
__________________

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig!
Back after a lengthy hiatus
Latest Completion: South Park: The Stick of Truth
PSN - kingslayer52 (Vita and PS3, PS Plus)
BitterMelonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #414
KrisChin86
 
KrisChin86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada!
Posts: 5

KrisChin86's Gamercard
Eternal Darkness 2, Timesplitters 4 and Duke Nukem 5!
KrisChin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #415
Toon
 
Toon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyrule
Posts: 376

v Selkies v's Gamercard
Battle toads 2. But really, I'd kill to see pyschonaughts 2, banjo threeie, and star wars shadows of the empire HD remake or shadows of the empire 2.
__________________
I'd like to care, but I just don't have the time.
My MAL|My EDM tracks
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #416
Dristoid
 
Dristoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 119

Dristoid's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
Battle toads 2. But really, I'd kill to see pyschonaughts 2, banjo threeie, and star wars shadows of the empire HD remake or shadows of the empire 2.
Pyschonauts 2 sounds awesome.

I'd like to see Mercenaries 3 and Bastion 2.
__________________

Dristoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #417
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Cool :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
Battle toads 2. But really, I'd kill to see pyschonaughts 2, banjo threeie, and star wars shadows of the empire HD remake or shadows of the empire 2.
Battletoads was real great back in the day. I definitely feel we need a new one of those down the line - a Battletoads: Revenge to compete head to head. What lots of people may not understand, is Rare's best winning streak was in the PC days.

Back in the 1980s where they weren't attached to anyone...with Battletoads, Solar and more. And we need that developer back. That's only possible if Rare teams up with other MS studios. So far I feel things are headed the right direction, it'll be good to take the temperature after Gamescom.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #418
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorean Mitochondria View Post
They could grow the squirrel up into a soldier, go for a more frisky adult feel than him being this dorky cartoon. Get rid of the "I'm a squirrel!!" girly exterior, and make him a smarmy evil doppelganger of Jak with a gun. One who can pop one liners off like Jimmy Fontaine!
Indeed, indeed....

It might produce sour grapes for the 'other' crowd, yet he's the only Mascot the Xbox needs. He's always been that...and was the main reason for a buyout. These franchises are the gritty dark horses that will bring the sales. Conker is the anti-mario. Lets turn him loose. :
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #419
MasterBubs82
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 107

MasterBubs's Gamercard
I'm hoping there'll be a sequel to Skies of Arcadia, but I'm gonna wait on that to see if SoA 1 might be an XBLA game first (I'd like it to be. Sega spent a lot of their time getting a lot of the Dreamcast games on XBLA, and they're good ports too).
MasterBubs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #420
ManiacCODS
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 67

xMISTxREAPERx's Gamercard
Dead Space 4!
ManiacCODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 AM.