Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #31
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cogfather View Post
This game sounds like something I would really enjoy..being a fan of RPG style games, is it turn-based? Also is it only for Game Boy Advance? If so I think I might go pick one up just to get this game because I've played so many RPG's but never found reason to play the Game Boy Advance and now I might have a reason.
No, it's not turn-based, it's sort of exploration-based. It's been a long time since I've played it, so I've forgotten some of the details but I remember some of the most interesting caveats, like the random space battles and the numerous Gun Data that could be found. I really hope Wayforward (the developers of the game) will come around with a sequel or at least a remake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMv94 View Post
Bayonetta 2.........oh wait.
Yeah, it's gonna be a Wii U-exclusive. But at least you know there's a sequel for it!
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #32
HMS Resolution

HMS Resolution's Gamercard
Clive Barker's Jericho 2? Battlestations 3? Mirror's Edge 2? Heavy Rain 2?

Others have said it already but more Deus Ex!

HMS Resolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #33
Mr Cogfather

Mr Cogfather's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Resolution View Post
Clive Barker's Jericho 2? Battlestations 3? Mirror's Edge 2? Heavy Rain 2?
Mirrors Edge 2...I think has already been confirmed that it's going to happen which I'm excited for but I could just be in denial that they need to make one and thought that someone said it somewhere.
Mr Cogfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #34
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Bulletstorm 2 & PGR 5..PLEEEASE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #35
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
L.A. Noire
Deus Ex
Brute Force
Tony Hawk's Underground
Rainbow 6 (wait...we're getting one for that, nevermind )

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #36
SinEchoHunter

SinEchoHunter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Brown View Post
otogi
time splitters
bulletstorm
XIII
that james bond parody i forget the name of (i think it was you only die twice), you play as a female secret agent, it's set in the 70's and you have gadgets disguised as lipsticks and perfume. it was almost like austin powers the video game

conclusion: i miss the days when FPS games were funny and less serious
i think it was called no one lives forever and it did have a sequal
Old 02-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #37
RaitakanaMendoza

That is very easy for me considering the only ones I've played. They didn't have too many games this generation, after all was done.

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2
The Darkness 2
Infinite Undiscovery 2
Gunstringer 2
Midtown Madness #4
Conkers Bad Fur Day part 2
Lost Odyssey 2
Alan Wake 2
Magna Carta 3
Deus Ex: 4
Otogi 4
Bulletstorm Half Shanked
L.A. Noire 2
Deathspank 3
Kameo part 2/New IP
The Last Remnant 2
Halo Wars 2
Perfect Dark part 2
Crackdown 3

** Banjo Kazooie 3....And here is the caveat, it must be open-world Banjo Kazooie and he must be able to hop in cars. Way I envisioned this game wasn't long ago yet it was perfect. Banjo-Kazooie carried a short weapon, ala Jak and Daxter and both had to navigate a very large world using cars, special moves and Fallout like missions. Meaning Banjo is in a platform type game, using similar platform mechanic to Jak & Daxter. It would be so good, you could also unlock new special moves via orbs and targets. You could also finish each level time-attack style, to complete each hub differently. It would be split into twelve different worlds, each world would be same scale as a small city. Kazooie could split up from Banjo/vice versa, and Rare+Double Fine would handle controls. Missions could be completed in any order via avatar, but story remains linear. This game would be everything Jak and Daxter SHOULD be, and would (I hope) force Sony to release Jak 4. Microsoft hugely needs this, to push platformers forward.

For Playstation 4:
Jak and Daxter 4, no excuses
Brave Fencer Musashi 2
White Knight Story 2
Midieval 4
Maximo 2 co-published by Sony, no excuses
Legend of Dragoon 2 (with RIDEABLE dragons)
Heavy Rain 2
Mark of Kri 2
Legend of Legaia Part III
ICO IV
Kengo Legacy of a Blade 3
Infamous 3
Syphon Filter 5, no excuses
Dark Cloud 3 w/ online co-op
Trine Part 2
Blasto 3
Champions of Norrath 2
Summoner Part 3
Folkore 2

All above sequels need to be made and are priority. Each one screams for a second follow up that does its predecessor justice. Each one can succeed, in the right developer's hands.

For those who ask why I don't put any Nintendo IPs, well nintendo doesn't have as many IPs as either MS or Sony. They keep using the same IPs they do have over & over, which is something the industry doesn't favor. Plus MS and Sony are sitting on a gold mine of untapped IPs that innovation wise break new ground. It is time they use them, as there is a huge opportunity for success if the right developer is chosen. That will only move us all forward, not backwards. We will only see the very best games, when microsoft and sony go head to head without a 3rd leg competitor.

For reference it's wise to note that N has set off the hardcore by favoring an opposite philosophy, gimmicks and colorful stories to replace innovation. Since the 90s, it has moved our industry backward instead of ahead. That might also explain their dc level sales and shrinking market, especially in europe to a certain extent. (though I wouldn't mind a new sega console) No hardcore gamers are going to cross back over to N. again, with things as small time as Bayonetta 2 or Zombie Land. Why N. believed such is beyond me. (They are stuck where they are, until a time when their console merges with mobile which I've always believed is destiny since 1995.)

Last edited by RaitakanaMendoza; 02-17-2013 at 12:33 AM.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #38
ox bigboss xo

oX BIG BOSS Xo's Gamercard
i want a sequel between mgs peace walker and mgs 1,(could be ground zeroes).
Also to see lost odyssey 2 would be a dream come true. Prey 2 and a sequel to tales of vesperia aswell
ox bigboss xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #39
Sunsofholomon

I so agree with all the above list lol. I would probly pay $55 each for every one of those games, even if I had to sell part of my car.

Also Banjo Nuts & Bolts was pretty good imo....if ms hadn't tried to go after the mario kart fanboys it could've been the best game in the series. Ditch the vehicle collecting crap! Bring us a real next gen game.

Fable >>>> Zelda for me too haha. I know they not supposed to be competing, but seriously? The way you can enter any dungeon in any order and even get married online and crap is so much better than legend of zelda. It like how I imagined zelda to be in my dreams, lol.
Sunsofholomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #40
Tegnar

tegnar's Gamercard
Portal 3
Alan Wake 2

Also not a sequel but i really want games to go back to WWII style shooters, Some old school Call of Duty or Medal of Honor
Tegnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #41
ThreeDog

Send a message via Skype™ to ThreeDog

Lacaki's Gamercard
Bully 2

Bully 2.... Nuff said
ThreeDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #42
batsman13 ateam

Batsman13 ATeam's Gamercard
Alan wake 2

When i get a xbox 720 will be based on its release date alone
batsman13 ateam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #43
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Bulletstorm
Bully
Deus Ex
L.A. Noire
Prey
RAGE
Singularity
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #44
Stratego44Xtainia

Thumbs up

All those games above are definitely good suggestions. But I would have to add to this list Jet Force Gemini 2 and a new Battletoads game. I think it's time we see what Rare and Twisted Pixel can really do.

Also Microsoft, you really have got to diversify and setup a small team in Japan who will not do anything but first-party games. A team you can call your own who spends very little but creates fantastic IP.

You are sitting at around 2 million japanese users currently, so the situation is not hopeless. But it will require a lot of hard work, and that means a dedicated first party...

Microsoft Executive: "But we tried that, and Mistwalker got us nowhere. Japan just doesn't seem to care about the platform."

Ah yet you made a mistake, you did not try hard enough. The opportunity is lying right there, but you must persevere with your own team. While you can't be an instant success, the high probability remains that you will eventually take second place selling around 9 million systems to sony's 8 million systems in Asia. But there is only one way you will ever do it.

Microsoft Executive: "Hmm, alright. I'm listening. How do we do it?"

Very simple. Allocate around 1 million dollars to Japan and focus main pool of your resources on Europe. Use that 1 million to buy a Tokyo studio, that absorbs all the main talent from Mistwalker like Matsuno, Nobuo Uematsu, Hoshino, Toshida and Amoura. Turn this into your Microsoft first party division who makes nothing but epic rpgs, they want to make alongside your Feelplus & windows teams. Supervise the project so they launch at the same time the new xbox does, as well as on 360.

Along with having them handle all the story details, integrate the Kinect device into the game so players can also play it by voice-command. Add the kinect dashboard features on xbox, so one can socialize and buy things at the mall or windows store making it very profitable. You will then not have to do anything, your japan team will make at least 2 or 4 rpgs within the year and your system will be a moderate success all over Asia. You will not have to cut staff, the ROI will be better plus less downsizing..

Microsoft Exec: "Hmmm that is a great idea. But we have Final Fantasy....thanks for the tip. It seemed hopeless."

Japan is hopeless otherwise, but there's a silver lining. FF is not enough on its own but 3rd parties will make JP/EU exclusive games for you if above steps are followed.

Microsoft Exec: "Well how about Sakaguchi? He won't want to work with us again. So.."

So skip him and don't worry about Sakaguchi. By setting up a dedicated 1st party team, ala Lost Odyssey 2, san-Sakaguchi will run to you. He will find all his old pals on the new team..and then wouldn't want to miss out on being part of the magic. Who would? That is your only way to do fair in Japan, then win Europe. Japan's Wii sales are in massive decline with mobile phones, you have a phone too. Use cross-platform play & exploit every hole in their strategy would be the only wise choice.

Microsoft Exec: "Makes sense. We need a few more sequels. Better keep all this hush-hush too.....can't let anyone else know of our plans."

IMO, the only successful business plan xbox can have is above.
Stratego44Xtainia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:22 AM   #45
RPGRulerKahn

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaitakanaMendoza View Post
For those who ask why I don't put any Nintendo IPs, well nintendo doesn't have as many IPs as either MS or Sony. They keep using the same IPs they do have over & over, which is something the industry doesn't favor. Plus MS and Sony are sitting on a gold mine of untapped IPs that innovation wise break new ground. It is time they use them, as there is a huge opportunity for success if the right developer is chosen. That will only move us all forward, not backwards. We will only see the very best games, when microsoft and sony go head to head without a 3rd leg competitor.
I have a question for you. What if Nintendo decided to go third party, would you have any interest in their games then?

Myself I always imagined like an open world version of zelda or majora.....with all CGI cut-scenes. Best of both worlds. That would be so cool but I know Nintendo would never make one.
RPGRulerKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:29 AM   #46
RaitakanaMendoza

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGRulerKahn View Post
I have a question for you. What if Nintendo decided to go third party, would you have any interest in their games then?

Myself I always imagined like an open world version of zelda or majora.....with all CGI cut-scenes. Best of both worlds. That would be so cool but I know Nintendo would never make one.
Maybe? http://greengamesandham.com/lp/?game...io-kart&lp=858

Hmm..I never thought about it. That's an interesting proposition. I suppose it'd be good for gamers to have more choice overall, but I probably wouldn't buy any.

I just really dislike Nintendo's games and their whole philosophy. I'm sure they may be good but the only way I'd buy a Nintendo game is if 3 things happened:

1- Game was in full HD, towns were the size of Final Fantasy XI and the story was mature with edgier content.

2- Game contained a hard mode by default, and ability to have drop in co-op with a friend. Prerequisite being its free roam like GTA with ability to ride horses.

3- Game was not about a princess Zelda, but a much darker story centered on Hyrule and everything else going on around Zelda. Also would have to have achievements, no bull crap avatar mode & custom swords.

I honestly feel really letdown by them. Nintendo really burned me & many others, when they promised a real HD Zelda and gave us the bs of Disney Wind Waker. They burned me again when they turned Donkey Kong into a damn gimmick, switched sides & let the Rogue Squadron series die, and basically turned the Metroid franchise into a drama about a little girl.

In fact you could say I don't trust a thing about Nintendo nowadays to do anything creative...as I was not only bored, but felt heavily burned by their focus on the same bs mario games every 2 months. I pretty much don't give a crap about mario, unless he's in a new free roam game similar to GTA. Then maybe I'd buy it if it had real drop in co-op.

Fact is though, Sony exists because there's a lot of people who just dislike Nintendo. They wouldn't be around otherwise, and neither would Microsoft. Now thing is, I don't really give two craps about Sony's design philosophy and I hell don't trust them in the living room...or Microsoft for that matter..

Because I definitely can see, Sony plans on forcing us to be always online and charging for content. And Microsoft the lesser evil, plans to do the same and charge us up the ass for it. But that said, Sony has all the games I could ever want so I'd still buy the system anyway..plus Microsoft has the games I need like Halo right down to Alan Wake so I'd buy them always anyway...

Why? Why do we ever buy consoles, the games we need and features. I like Sony's vision for games and Microsoft's vision, because it produces better and greater AAA experiences. I don't like anything about the direction they'll take games tho, which is pretty bad. I hope that enough backlash will keep them from charging us to play backwards compat games, block used games or music, etc but there's no rules now. What keeps me coming back to sony or later ms, is adult games. Great times with very dark themes which remind us how grim the world is, not N's fantasy.

When it's all said and done though, I agree with Sony or MS to a large extent Nintendo holds games back and we all need to make money. They leave a lot of crap in the store that shoves out real games. So in a way, that grudge for me is personal and is what keeps all these great games coming. I ain't loyal to anything, though. If they caused a crash due to greed, I wouldn't run to nintendo or their handhelds. I would go right back to PC & game with all my friends there, get back to half life & grab the best experience right there.

I guess all I'm saying is, take it or leave it, nintendo won't change the industry.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #47
SicklyPlague
Subscribing Member

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
A squeal to mafia 2 would be amazing. a full blown open world mafia style game set in the 50's or 60's maybe following Vitto after he became the new head of one of the families.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #48
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Bully (I loved this lighthearted game)
L.A. Noire (Hands down, and awesome game)
Alan Wake (The original was very unique, and slightly spooky)
Tropico...5 (I love this whole series...since the PC days)
Deus Ex (Maybe leaning towards the old 2000 version?)
Dragon Age (More like the 1st one...please)
Red Dead Redemption (Loved everything about it)
Portal (Another one would not be a bad thing)

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #49
HowCanHeKillMeWithBread

X BloodStormz X's Gamercard
Star Wars Battlefront 3!!!!
HowCanHeKillMeWithBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #50
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Quote:

A proper 3D Mario, with pipes, blocks and turtles. Not set in a 'world' only Mario World!

The whole Mario franchise would interest me to be honest.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #51
UCanCallMeDuckey

I agree with a lot of games listed, but also I would really like to finish the story to:

But that will most likely never happen with THQ and all

I Fink you Freaky and I like you a lot

UCanCallMeDuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #52
Rasp

I would love to see a Skate 4. As well as another DiRT game, but more along the lines of DiRT 1 or 2. Wasn't a huge fan of 3 or Showdown.
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #53
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
XIII?

Theres a 3rd on the way! lol
He probably meant this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XIII_%28video_game%29

Though it does say there's a sequel for it, even if it's not on consoles, and a completely different genre...
Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #54
UCanCallMeDuckey

I'd really like to see another Futurama game.

I Fink you Freaky and I like you a lot

UCanCallMeDuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #55
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

It's really no secret myself and many other people would like to see a sequel to Mirror's Edge, but the more time passes, the more it seems likely we will never see one. The game is almost 5 years old at this point, and while we are nowhere near Duke Nukem levels for time between installments, I can't help but think that DICE has no plans to go back and make another parkour game, given the insane amounts of money Battlefield 3 and its expansions have brought in.

I do hope I'm proven wrong at E3 this year. More than ever, seeing as this may be the last year the 360 isn't completing for space on the show floor with the 720 or whatever comes next.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (9/9/2014) 113

Games 100%: 89
Latest: Grand Theft Auto V

Working on:
World of Tanks (560/600)
Fable Anniversary (190/1000)
Destiny (starting soon)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:18 AM   #56
Mr Cogfather

Mr Cogfather's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoWorld3Dclass View Post
Y'all are addicted to 100% generic games and it shows! This list of sequels is one of the most generic I've ever seen.I freaking hated the presentation. All the way through I was bored and couldn't wait to click it off! Every last game they showed is some generic shooter, I loathed it. I'm so sick of every single game I see, being more generic than before. Microsoft and Sony are the most generic companies I ever seen, gaming as I knew it is dead. What's that, we gonna get something original?

Oh joy, more Killzone! More Uncharted! And then Sony gonna trot out more Zone of the Enders too. I'm sick to death of it all, its all crap! All I see out of Sony and Microsoft is the same old generic futuristic games, Halo, Project Gotham Racer, Fable, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Zone of the Enders, Devil May Cry, Ninety Nine Nights, Killzone, Gears of War, Infamous, Crackdown, Saints Row, Jak and Daxter, Goldeneye, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Divinity 2 Draconis, Dragon Age, Red Dead Revolver, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter, Dead Rising, Condemned, Forza Motorsport, God of War, Splinter Cell, Deadly Premonition, Metal Gear Solid etc!

God of War is one of the most generic games I've ever seen in gaming. It's boring! Always the same brown boring colors, lifeless worlds and environments. No people whatsoever! Fallout has no people whatsoever! You people today who call these games, these 1st party/3rd party abominations by Sony or MS just make me sick. It is the most generic, same-old brand crap I have ever seen anywhere. You all buy it! You buy millions and millions of copies of these games, and all the above games that are generic. You love these games and actually brag about them. If this is modern gaming today I hope it crashes! I've not seen a colorful original game in ten years. MS and Sony ruined Rare, today all they make is generic games.

Y'all saying Nintendo is going third party, well maybe they will in a couple years. But they're the only developer who makes any original, colorful game whatsoever. Everyone copies them! Dark Cloud was a copycat, Halo was a copycat, Darksiders is a copycat, Metal Gear is a ripoff of Contra. All the video games on the market today have robots in them, totally generic. If this is what Nintendo leaves behind good riddance. Video games have died for me and become action movies, ever since final fantasy became a generic space opera in ff7. Y'all saying this is the golden years are telling lies to yourself, the only company who makes real games barely exists today this is what games have become. Heck with it all.
God of War? That's not futuristic at all. Also There are some great games that aren't generic at all and have there own style of gameplay and story and if you're playing just for graphics or gameplay then you just should look somewhere else because yes as you said it's going to be the same generic bullshit. =/ Not always though every now and then a good game goes under the radar that you might miss because it's underrated by websites and alike.
Mr Cogfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #57
Spartan343DAlterias

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoWorld3Dclass View Post
Y'all are addicted to 100% generic games and it shows! This list of sequels is one of the most generic I've ever seen.I freaking hated the presentation. All the way through I was bored and couldn't wait to click it off! Every last game they showed is some generic shooter, I loathed it. I'm so sick of every single game I see, being more generic than before. Microsoft and Sony are the most generic companies I ever seen, gaming as I knew it is dead. What's that, we gonna get something original?

Oh joy, more Killzone! More Uncharted! And then Sony gonna trot out more Zone of the Enders too. I'm sick to death of it all, its all crap! All I see out of Sony and Microsoft is the same old generic futuristic games, *Halo, Project Gotham Racer, Fable, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Zone of the Enders, Devil May Cry, Ninety Nine Nights, Killzone, Gears of War, Infamous, Crackdown, Saints Row, Jak and Daxter, Goldeneye, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Divinity 2 Draconis, Dragon Age, Red Dead Revolver,* Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter, Dead Rising, Condemned, Forza Motorsport, God of War, Splinter Cell, Deadly Premonition, Metal Gear Solid etc!

God of War is one of the most generic games I've ever seen in gaming. It's boring! Always the same brown boring colors, lifeless worlds and environments. No people whatsoever! Fallout has no people whatsoever! You people today who call these games, these 1st party/3rd party abominations by Sony or MS just make me sick. It is the most generic, same-old brand crap I have ever seen anywhere. You all buy it! You buy millions and millions of copies of these games, and all the above games that are generic. You love these games and actually brag about them. If this is modern gaming today I hope it crashes! I've not seen a colorful original game in ten years. MS and Sony ruined Rare, today all they make is generic games.

Y'all saying Nintendo is going third party, well maybe they will in a couple years. But they're the only developer who makes any original, colorful game whatsoever. Everyone copies them! Dark Cloud was a copycat, Halo was a copycat, Darksiders is a copycat, Metal Gear is a ripoff of Contra. All the video games on the market today have robots in them, totally generic. If this is what Nintendo leaves behind good riddance. Video games have died for me and become action movies, ever since final fantasy became a generic space opera in ff7. Y'all saying this is the golden years are telling lies to yourself, the only company who makes real games barely exists today this is what games have become. Heck with it all.
Riiiight...I imagine you count the new 3D mario land where he rescues the letch from the castle among your most 'favored' moments in original gaming too, eh? Real original.

I'm not too sure on what you're referring to by copycat. Kings Field came out decades before Mario or Zelda exists, it had huge swords and white corn fields. I suppose that makes Zelda a clone of King's Field.

Is it past someone's bedtime or something? Reality is, if the above games I highlighted did not exist, then the industry would crash. Generic as in what? Here's a bit of history for you. Games were turning more generic before Microsoft or Sony made their move, starting with the impeccable Devil May Cry. Games were already beginning to focus more on a western audience, with more edgy content.

Capcom was quite certain the future of gaming was heading that direction. Do you not comprehend this fact? They released Resident Evil entirely because of their foresight with regard to games taking on western tones. To a hyper-ized Nintendo zealot like yourself, this means that suddenly it was turning generic. Devil May Cry and Resident Evil may have had generic elements, but they're some of the best games of all time. Halo may have had some generic hallways, but without it video games would be dead.

Also, it is amusing that you highlight that Microsoft or Sony killed Rare. MORE ACCURATELY, NINTENDO KILLED RARE. No, Microsoft released some of the most stunning franchises of all time. Need I remind anyone of Mech Assault, Midtown Madness, Crimson Skies Road to Revenge, Oddworld Odyssey, Halo, Fable, Enclave, Jade Empire, and Sudeki?

These were some of the most highly regarded games of the time, coming out of Microsoft Game Studios. Also at that time, Sony was releasing some of the best games to ever be produced. Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Gran Turismo, God of War 2, Ratchet and Clank and a diamond called ICO.

Lets discuss the facts surrounding this era. Jak and Daxter was innovative, ground-breaking and already focusing heavily on a western audience. Jak and Daxter had aerial and land vehicles, weapons as well as multiplayer. It could easily be said that Banjo Nuts and Bolts was inspired by Jak and Daxter, to include the vehicle based gameplay. At the time Jak was selling millions, Nintendo released another 3D mario game. This one exactly the same as their prior six iterations, except he could spray water. When it comes right down to it, this is kooky, if not simply a gimmick. Banjo Kazooie therefore aimed to copy Jak and Daxter, not Mario. Thus when Banjo Nuts and Bolts came out, Greg Mayles pointed out how he liked the controls but felt too "much" focus was on the vehicles.

E.g, they were going to water it down. But they didn't and the result is an unsuccessful game that feels half-finished. The reason? Rare's staff lead wanted to do something more "creative" like the Wii, his words not mine. So the whole direction of Rare abandoning the market and going into Kinect, can directly be faulted on Nintendo themselves. If Nintendo hadn't decided to go into full gimmick mode, Rare would've never gone into that territory. Microsoft would have had no reason to move. Microsoft has to make money too, and Rare is an important developer for them. They still make good games, and had the team had the funding, they could have made the Banjo game they expected to make. Banjo could have been a 5 million unit selling franchise, had it not been rushed by a gimmick. That's the real reality of the situation. Microsoft wants to see what Rare can really do when they aren't held back, and had Rare been given the time, they could have made a game that tops Jak and Daxter.

Your rants scream of a delusional Nintendo droid, of the worst order. As far as AAA development goes, Microsoft has huge talent. Need I remind you that Lost Odyssey, one of the biggest RPGs this gen, was complete Microsoft 1st party. Sony, the developer you bash on, created Legend of Dragoon and Dark Cloud, two extremely successful franchises. Reality is they have a lot of talent, loads of it when they have time to flex their muscles. So next time troll harder? You failed. Viva Pinata, Trouble in Paradise, Kameo and the racing game were all Rare as well. Rare is 1st party now, they will deliver good games in the future. They will not ever deliver them on Nintendo platforms. Rare could easily make a game like Dark Souls, with the right lead? They know their power. Some of the most original games of this gen, were Microsoft games, like Ninety Nine Nights.

Why you dislike them, seems to be obvious but allow me to elaborate. You see games with adult content, as generic games unworthy of respect. This is factually flawed. The gaming market has changed, ever since Knights of the Old Republic was a hit, and Jak and Daxter sold millions. It is now a market for adults, from age 17 to age 45. It is no longer a market for kids and fanboys. That is why these games continually get made, and please millions of people, even if you dislike them. Fable a shooter? Mech Assault a shooter? Dark Cloud a shooter? No! The games have guns in them because our culture remembers civil war and pre-europe uprising. Guns in games sell, we enjoy what we play that isn't changing. Also, you chose some of the worst genres to shit on.

Every single game Nintendo has made for the past decade, features Mario jumping on something. It's old, it's over, it's done. The Xbox could come bundled with Grand Theft Auto, and outsell Wii in every territory sans Japan. Playstation could be bundled with the same game, and outsell it in every region plus Japan. It's just a fact that those games sell the most, games like Mech Assault, Armored Core and the rest sell out. Now you'll just roll your eyes and say they're generic garbage. Well sorry? And another great series One Piece is now on the Xbox and Playstation, one hardly would ever say that's generic. Apparently Inyuasha/One Piece games stopped being made for the Wii, go figure. Video games have changed and your post screams of ignorance.
Spartan343DAlterias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #58
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

I want a new Crash Bandicoot game so much. Maybe one day.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #59
Rebelgully

Blackhawk Six's Gamercard
Too Human (Impossible but still)
XIII
Killer 7
Fable (a good one)
Blinx
Dragon Age

That's all I can think of right now but those are some good ones I think.

Added: Kingdoms of Amalur
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Battlefront

Last edited by Rebelgully; 02-25-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Rebelgully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #60
Reifer

ReiferRoni's Gamercard
Quote:
I think its about time we see sequels to all the following and voice the demand.

Last Remnant 2
Project Sylpheed 2
Magna Carta 3
Infinite Undiscovery 2
Lost Odyssey 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Alan Wake 2
The Darkness 2
Eternal Sonata 2
Condemned 3
Deus Ex 4
Perfect Dark 3
And last but not least even if it takes a year, sequel to the niche Conkers Bad Fur Day 2

Need sequels to all these games, it's time!
Alongside the sequels, release new IPs twice a year.
Banjo Kazooie did have a 3, it was just called Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. It wasn't like the other 2, but it was still a 3rd installment.
Reifer is offline   Reply With Quote