Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Tootell
Banned User

Joes Gnasher's Gamercard
Thumbs down Games people rate which you just can't seem to get into?

Title says it all what game do people rate highly but your not to fond off

Prime example for me is dead space I'm into chapter 4 and just can't get into it
Tootell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
CrazyMv94
Banned User

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
The Mass Effect Trilogy, I only played a bit of ME2 and the story complete never got my interest.
CrazyMv94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Bethesda games. Loved Morrowind, played it some crazy amount of hours. But Oblivion and Skyrim are pretty far steps backwards in comparison minus the combat improvement and obvious graphical improvement. Although the combat still sucks. I want to like them, but between going backwards from what they used to be good at and ruining Fallout by making it Oblivion with guns...I just can't enjoy the garbage they produce.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Bethesda games. Loved Morrowind, played it some crazy amount of hours. But Oblivion and Skyrim are pretty far steps backwards in comparison minus the combat improvement and obvious graphical improvement. Although the combat still sucks. I want to like them, but between going backwards from what they used to be good at and ruining Fallout by making it Oblivion with guns...I just can't enjoy the garbage they produce.
Every chance you get... lol

Only game I can think of is Dead Rising. I love zombies and most things zombie related, but I couldn't get into Dead Rising. Think it had something to do with being timed. You're timed in Dead Rising, right? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else...lol
Old 02-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Bulletstorm- Just way too repetitive for my liking. You'll basically be killing the same 5 enemies with the same 5 objects throughout the majority of the game. The dialogue is funny at times, but mostly juvenile and tiresome.

Crackdown- Did not like this game at all. If it wasn't for the coop then I would have hated it even more. I thought the sequel was a vast improvement and actually enjoyed that one.

Dead Rising 2- Loved the original and was disappointed with this one, especially the lameass 'psychopaths' and the ridiculously long loading screens.

Halo 3- There's not one thing I liked about this game. Hated the single player, coop, and multiplayer. I even hated the achievements LOL.

GTA IV- This one was a HUGE disappointment for me. Horrible driving mechanics, clunky controls, and average multiplayer. It's not a bad game, but it could have been a hell of alot better IMO.

Singularity- I really don't understand what everyone's love affair is with this game. I thought it was very average with a gimmick that's been done before in games like Timeshift and Wolfenstein. The multiplayer, on the other hand, was surprisingly enjoyable.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Bioshock, Resident Evil, Dead Rising & Fallout games. Played at least one or two games from each series and I pretty much can't stand them. I should probably give Bioshock another go but games like Dead Rising just make me sick.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Gears of War and Mass Effect. I've played every one of them in the series, but just can't get into it.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #8
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
There's a ton:

Skyrim
Dead Island
Dead Rising
Fallout
Dead Space
Gears of War
Mass Effect
BioShock

Just to name several.
"We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse."
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Metal Jim View Post
GTA IV- This one was a HUGE disappointment for me. Horrible driving mechanics, clunky controls, and average multiplayer. It's not a bad game, but it could have been a hell of alot better IMO.

Assassins Creed - the first was too repetitive for me, after that it was fine.

Oblivion/Skyrim - I 1000G'ed Oblivion and that was it, never bothered with Skyrim.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #10
KillerBEA

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA 91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Dead Island
Call of Duty series
Dead Rising
Left 4 dead
[Youtube] [MAL] [Blog] [Twitch] [Extra Life]
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #11
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
The Legend Of Zelda
Fallout
Skyrim
Resident Evil
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #12
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Assassin's Creed. I've only ever played the first one, and I just couldn't get into it. It's still a good game, but it's not a game I'm used to playing.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #13
DMagoo24

DMagoo24's Gamercard
Promise you won't shoot...
Borderlands... I just couldn't get into it...

Dead Space, I played a majority of the first, but it just seemed to get boring as I went.
DMagoo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #14
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Bioshock, Gears of War, Oblivion come to mind right now. I'm sure they're great games, I just couldn't get into them and have fun.

Minecraft seems to be the biggest one. I'm not very creative so theres little for me to do in Minecraft.

Last edited by Tsaako; 02-17-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #15
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Call of Duty
Halo
Gears of War 3
Mass Effect 3
GTA IV
Dragon Age Origins

Pretty much big name games there, but I just don't enjoy them.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #16
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Call of Duty after COD3. I played a bit of COD4, but I dunno, maybe I just liked WWII a bit too much lol
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #17
dzy

Dishonored and Deus Ex. I figured out I don't really enjoy games with a sneak element to it
dzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #18
Xenos Heretic

Xenos Heretic's Gamercard
The most recent example for me would be Dishonored, I can see where it gets its appeal but for the life of me I just couldn't like it as much as everyone was saying I should, it just felt like it wasn't quite as good as all the hype made it out to be
Xenos Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #19
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzy View Post
Dishonored and Deus Ex. I figured out I don't really enjoy games with a sneak element to it
You can play both without ever needing to sneak, infact I found Dishonored to be much more fun that way.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #20
Sk1ppyPT

Sk1ppyPT's Gamercard
GTA series. Can't get into it. Don't know why really.
Sk1ppyPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #21
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Bioshock - I don't see the appeal to it

Mass Effect - Why does everyone have a hard-on for this series?

Gears of War - I played the first one a lot, but it wasn't even good. Don't know why it's everybody's "go-to" game lately

Dead Space - don't care for it after playing the first one

Resident Evil - which is funny cause I've played 5 & 6, because I wanted a good Co-Op game with my friend, but the games were boring and sucked

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #22
MR T SOPRANO

MR T SOPRANO's Gamercard
i thought Mass Effect was terrible
Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #23
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Far Cry 3.
Sqeagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #24
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
being a huge survival horror fan, I can never get into Bioshock, it's just way too overrated imo. I can't stand Mass Effect as well, I played the 1st, I should probably play the 2nd, since it's considered the best in the series but idk!
Neme6ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #25
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Halo series and COD series - just not my type of game.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #26
bhinnrichs

Big Cat 333's Gamercard
It's funny that so many people have said Dead Space. I actually just beat it last night after not playing it for almost a year and I really enjoyed it. Now, I need to play DS2 before the new one.

My game that I can't get into is Call of Duty. After playing MW and MW2, I just can't play COD anymore after falling in love with Battlefield 3. I even got Black Ops 2 as a gift and have yet to play it.
bhinnrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #27
Nevergraf

Nevergraf's Gamercard
I really like Dead Space, despite the fact that I've only ever played the first one.

OT; I could never get into the gameplay of Assassins Creed. I've only played the first title but I just couldn't get into the game. I did like the story & I do recognize it as a good game, it's just that I couldn't get into it. Something to do with the gameplay mechanics that pushed me away.

With Love!

Last edited by Nevergraf; 02-17-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Nevergraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #28
Vampire Amaya

Vampire Amaya's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm probably gonna regret this, but...

Any Final Fantasy game.
Also the Halo and CoD series'.

Vampire Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #29
Dexter010

Claptrap NL's Gamercard
Dead Space
Dexter010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #30
Benste28

Geewas's Gamercard
Oblivion.. I just don't get those games.. hard achievements. Would rather play runescape.
Benste28 is offline   Reply With Quote