PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 3 > Awakened
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
End Game/Awakening Discussion (MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS)

So, based on the new achievements, it's starting to look like the end of the game is going to be "extended" with the upcoming DLC.

We all know Isaac survived. I'm personally really pulling for Carver. He was just too awesome to have died at the end. But that's still up in the air. Either way, unless they do all new characters (ala DS2's severed - which seems unlikely here) we'll be picking up where the end left off, with Isaac and (hopefully) Carver looking for a way to get off of Tau Volantis, back up the Terra Nova, and the hell out of there.

I can't see this turning out any differently. My biggest question now, is will they close up the story ("brothermoonsareawake") exclusively through DLC. Or will they just draw it out into another game. Guess it all depends on how well the game sells. And how well the co-op is recieved. The later of which has been getting some high praise from critics and fans alike.

Regardless, it'll be cool to get a closer look at the events following the main game.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
So, based on the new achievements, it's starting to look like the end of the game is going to be "extended" with the upcoming DLC.

We all know Isaac survived. I'm personally really pulling for Carver. He was just too awesome to have died at the end. But that's still up in the air. Either way, unless they do all new characters (ala DS2's severed - which seems unlikely here) we'll be picking up where the end left off, with Isaac and (hopefully) Carver looking for a way to get off of Tau Volantis, back up the Terra Nova, and the hell out of there.

I can't see this turning out any differently. My biggest question now, is will they close up the story ("brothermoonsareawake") exclusively through DLC. Or will they just draw it out into another game. Guess it all depends on how well the game sells. And how well the co-op is recieved. The later of which has been getting some high praise from critics and fans alike.

Regardless, it'll be cool to get a closer look at the events following the main game.
I really liked the co-op aspect. It was a nice touch and glad it replaced the multiplayer of DS2. I don't think it will come after the end and follow Isaac. The ending is perfectly set up for another game.

Also, you should be careful with spoilers. The bit of text shown when you hover over the title of this thread ends with "We all know..." Could be very easy for someone to accidentally hover on it and spoil the ending if you have used two or three fewer words before that sentence.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

I hope the DLC is exactly as you described. It's pretty much what I was picturing after reading the Awakening achievements myself. I'm sure people will complain that they cut off the end to sell it to us later but I'd rather see significant story continuation than a side quest (ala Mass Effect 3 post-game add-ons) that has little bearing on anything other than minor or meaningless plot details. The last thing I want to end up with is some crap DLC where I'm playing from Norton's point of view during the middle of the game, you know?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
AmazingBowler

AmazingBowler30's Gamercard
Yeah, I hope this DLC continues Issac and Carver's story. And I also really hope Carver made it out, I was looking forward to seeing him in future Dead Space games. Regardless, I'm excited to play some more new Dead Space story content.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
Quantum Binman

Quantum Binman's Gamercard
It would be nice if they did continue to a truer ending of sorts - I felt a little disappointed at the end of DS3 and the final voice message reminded me of when shepherds body suddenly moved at the end of Mass Effect 3...

The one problem is that surely all necromorphs are gone now though if the marker signal is no more, right?
Quantum Binman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #6
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
I really liked the co-op aspect. It was a nice touch and glad it replaced the multiplayer of DS2. I don't think it will come after the end and follow Isaac. The ending is perfectly set up for another game.

Also, you should be careful with spoilers. The bit of text shown when you hover over the title of this thread ends with "We all know..." Could be very easy for someone to accidentally hover on it and spoil the ending if you have used two or three fewer words before that sentence.
Then where and when would it take place? The story as-is doesn't really allow for any additional characters to be introduced at this point. And we already know that one of the achievements involves escaping from Tau Volantis to the Terra Nova. So unless we're talking about 200 years prior - which seems extremely unlikely given that unitologists are involved - it's gonna be Isaac and Carver.

And as far as spoilers go. Gimme a break. I already tagged the thread for spoilers in the title. Anyone that "hovers" over it after reading the title has been thoroughly warned. I'm not going even further out of my way to accomodate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Binman View Post
It would be nice if they did continue to a truer ending of sorts - I felt a little disappointed at the end of DS3 and the final voice message reminded me of when shepherds body suddenly moved at the end of Mass Effect 3...

The one problem is that surely all necromorphs are gone now though if the marker signal is no more, right?
Seems like the unitologists are going to end up being the main threat. Also keep in mind - Just because they destroyed the moon and stopped the signal doesn't mean the necromorphs are gone. It just means that no more can be created.
Resident Evil 5
Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #7
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Then where and when would it take place? The story as-is doesn't really allow for any additional characters to be introduced at this point. And we already know that one of the achievements involves escaping from Tau Volantis to the Terra Nova. So unless we're talking about 200 years prior - which seems extremely unlikely given that unitologists are involved - it's gonna be Isaac and Carver.

And as far as spoilers go. Gimme a break. I already tagged the thread for spoilers in the title. Anyone that "hovers" over it after reading the title has been thoroughly warned. I'm not going even further out of my way to accomodate them.

Seems like the unitologists are going to end up being the main threat. Also keep in mind - Just because they destroyed the moon and stopped the signal doesn't mean the necromorphs are gone. It just means that no more can be created.
I've accidentally left my cursor sitting on a title before. So, yes it can happen. And someone was nice enough to spoil the ending to the game before it was released because of this even with "spoilers" put in the title. You don't have to be so rude.

I still don't think it will be Isaac. It just doesn't sound like a story line that follows after the end of the game. It could be going on simultaneously. It could happen before Isaac arrives at Tau Volantis. Either way, I am pretty sure there is nothing in DS3 alluding to a Unitologist Cult Leader on Tau Volantis with Isaac.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #8
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
I've accidentally left my cursor sitting on a title before. So, yes it can happen. And someone was nice enough to spoil the ending to the game before it was released because of this even with "spoilers" put in the title. You don't have to be so rude.

I still don't think it will be Isaac. It just doesn't sound like a story line that follows after the end of the game. It could be going on simultaneously. It could happen before Isaac arrives at Tau Volantis. Either way, I am pretty sure there is nothing in DS3 alluding to a Unitologist Cult Leader on Tau Volantis with Isaac.
Not being rude. Just saying I've done my part. And no offense. But if a topic title was marked spoilers, and you're the one that "accidentally" hovered too long over the thread title, it's YOUR fault the ending was spoiled. Not the TC.

As far as your second paragraph. How does it NOT sound like a story that follows the ending? Sure, like I said, there's the possibility that the DLC takes place 200 years prior. But it's extremely unlikely. Since Unitology would've only been in it's infancy. And even so, it wouldn't have taken place then, or anytime in between, because the unitologists didn't find Tau Volantis until Norton led them there. It also won't be going on simultaneously. This isn't Titan Station. There's no one else on the planet. There's Isaac, his group, and the unitologists. That's it. Untilogists, by the way, in full force. Just because Danik led them doesn't mean there aren't more "cult" leaders among them. That'd only make sense. Since virtually every large scale organization in the world has a leadership heirarchy.
Resident Evil 5
Old 02-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #9
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Not being rude. Just saying I've done my part. And no offense. But if a topic title was marked spoilers, and you're the one that "accidentally" hovered too long over the thread title, it's YOUR fault the ending was spoiled. Not the TC.

As far as your second paragraph. How does it NOT sound like a story that follows the ending? Sure, like I said, there's the possibility that the DLC takes place 200 years prior. But it's extremely unlikely. Since Unitology would've only been in it's infancy. And even so, it wouldn't have taken place then, or anytime in between, because the unitologists didn't find Tau Volantis until Norton led them there. It also won't be going on simultaneously. This isn't Titan Station. There's no one else on the planet. There's Isaac, his group, and the unitologists. That's it. Untilogists, by the way, in full force. Just because Danik led them doesn't mean there aren't more "cult" leaders among them. That'd only make sense. Since virtually every large scale organization in the world has a leadership heirarchy.
Each person is entitled to his or her opinion. No reason to come across as so hostile because I don't agree with you.

The achievements and title of the DLC just do not sound like they follow the main game storyline, to me at least. That is all.

Also, if you had read my post, I said you came CLOSE to spoiling the ending, but didn't actually. I never claimed you spoiled anything.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 02-18-2013 at 02:54 AM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 AM   #10
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
SO when does this Dlc supposed to come out? March right?
Sqeagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 AM   #11
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
The achievements and title of the DLC just do not sound like they follow the main game storyline, to me at least. That is all.
But why do you say that??? That's what I'm trying to find out here. The title ties DIRECTLY to the main plot (hell, even the hidden chapter message about the moons.) So, exactly how could you think that this doesn't tie in to the main story? Just doesn't make any sense. And you're not really providing any explanation to help it, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
SO when does this Dlc supposed to come out? March right?
Yep. And it looks like they aren't wasting any time. Hell, seems to me like they're having a hard time waiting. They announced the DLC the day the game released. And they've already updated the achievement list. So I'd say it'll be out the first tuesday of March.
Resident Evil 5

Last edited by ThePumpkinKing; 02-18-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #12
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
But why do you say that??? That's what I'm trying to find out here. The title ties DIRECTLY to the main plot (hell, even the hidden chapter message about the moons.) So, exactly how could you think that this doesn't tie in to the main story? Just doesn't make any sense. And you're not really providing any explanation to help it, either.
I don't have any proof or evidence. The feel just doesn't come across as story continuation. It is my opinion. I am allowed to have it, even if it is horribly wrong and unsupported.

Since it says nothing of Isaac, maybe it has to do with Unitology and less of Isaac. I do not know every little fact of the Dead Space universe nor have I ever claimed that. So, I don't know the history of Tau Volantis. But maybe there was a Unitology group that existed for a time there. If you know everything about Tau Volantis, feel free to share.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 02-18-2013 at 03:04 AM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:19 AM   #13
Sqeagy

I wouldn't mind having a dlc 200 years in the past playing as Tim and Sam again. You barely know anything about them other then that they are supposed to deliver the codex
Old 02-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #14
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Never cared for Carver. His death or disappearance would not bother me.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:23 AM   #15
Sqeagy

Yeah...I like Carver but I could kinda care less if he survived or not. in singleplayer, I forget he's even there because he doesn't do anything. He always just disappears.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #16
Milk Viper

MILK VIPER's Gamercard
Carver stole the show for me, Isaac was bland and whiny.
Milk Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #17
Fatalfox

Fringe of Fate's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
I thought that they just destroyed the one moon above tau volantis. Aren't there other moons across space that are the "brother" moons? This would mean that the necromorph situation is far from over, or maybe I interpreted the ending wrong?
I shall remain vigilant and unyielding in my pursuit of the enemies of the Coalition. I will defend and maintain the Order of Life as it was proclaimed by the Allfathers of the Coalition in the Octus Cannon. I will forsake the life I had before so I may perform my duty so long as I am needed. Steadfast, I shall hold my place in the machine and acknowledge my place in the Coalition.
- I AM A GEAR (Oath of the Coalition)
Fatalfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #18
Milk Viper

MILK VIPER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalfox View Post
I thought that they just destroyed the one moon above tau volantis. Aren't there other moons across space that are the "brother" moons? This would mean that the necromorph situation is far from over, or maybe I interpreted the ending wrong?
If I understand correctly, the "necromoon" was the source of the signal that was responsible for the markers that were in the previous games. So being destroyed removed the signal from the markers that were in the previous games. The necromorphs may still exist where the other moons are present.

I could be completely wrong. That it what ive learned so far.
Milk Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #19
k1lls1gn

k1lls1gn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It's kind of hard to believe that Isaac or Carver survived in my opinion.. I know after the credits roll you hear Isaac calling out to Ellie.. but it's still a mystery to me as to how he could manage to survive all of that..

But from looking at the achievement list.. it's looking like they indeed survived..
Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #20
Quantum Binman

Quantum Binman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Binman View Post

Quote:
The necromorphs would have to be gone - we learnt in DS2 that all Ishimura necromorphs became "goo" after that marker was destroyed so I'm not sure how they could work that in short of saying "Oh, actually Isaac hasn't ended it all."

I think you might be correct regarding scient... Sorry, unitologists being the antagonist (although I hope they aren't!)
Quantum Binman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #21
Jaskier

Jaskier85's Gamercard
Although I like the idea of DLC picking up where DS3 left off, I think that it will be taking place 200 years in the past. Perhaps we'll play as one of Mahan's top-tier soldier(s). Overloading a reactor = blowing a section of the base full of don't-want-to-die troopers or unitologists?. Unitology existed back then, and there were unitology fanatics among S.C.A.F. like the sergeant who manoeuvred his men into eating infected flesh. Also, it was never explained (or was it?) how Ellie found Tau Volantis in the first place - some intel on the expedition must have lasted after all. Maybe escaping on to the Terra Nova part is all about that - sending some transmission with planet's coordinates that will be discovered 200 years later? It's all just speculation, but the S.C.A.F. expedition has a lot of story potential and Visceral clearly realises that (all those stories told by logs in optional missions).
Also while "Awakening" might refer to Clarke and Carver, it was also used to describe periodic waves of increased religious attitudes among British colonist and then American people. Since unitology is featured in that DLC, this seems appropriate. Maybe we'll learn how the realy fanatical fraction came to be (kill the leader - give them a martyr just like Altman; spare him - allow his lies to spread and keep converting people).

Jaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #22
alexZ IT

x AL3X Zz x's Gamercard
And what about Lexine Murdoch Weller from "DS2 Severed" and "DS Extraction"? where is she? Lexine’s ship launches and escapes the Titan station (Severed ending). She is now a target of EarthGov with an immediate termination order if found.
I think she is very important because of her immunity to the Marker: EarthGov wanted Gabe Weller to conceive a child with her for analytical purposes.
alexZ IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #23
NewYorkJetsFAN

NewYorkJetsFAN's Gamercard
It could very well go either way in my personal opinion.

Although there is the after credits Isaac gasp for Ellie, idk it just seems so implausible that not only he but maybe even Carver could survive as well? I mean didn't those dudes fall from like a half mile in the air??? Not to mention the "Moon" will fucking crash right on top of them. And even if they did survive, they would be seriously hurt (although Isaac took some huge falls in DS3 and he popped right up just fine lol). Although if you look at the secret achievements they certainly could apply to this scenario easily. Also the name of the DLC: Awakened could easily be applied to the whole Brother Moons are pissed and ready to reek vengeance clue/sequel theory. Also "Bad Moon Rising" could be a reference to Isaac and Carver having a realization at the end of the DLC of another "Moon" popping up/looking for revenge.

On the other hand....

I could see how this DLC could be prequel DLC with that SCAF guy from the prologue or some other SCAF soldier. Not only does this make sense but it would also go along with Visceral's approach to DS2 DLC, in which there was a totally new character and backstory. And the biggest evidence to support this theory is the name of the DLC itself and some of the achievements. I think these names make more sense for this DLC theory in my personal opinion. Awakened? Could easily be a reference to the SCAF discovering the "Moon" is really convergence. "Bad Moon Rising" could be interpreted as your playable SCAF guy realizing at the end that the "Moon" is convergence. Also the two Unitologist choice achievements point towards your SCAF character making a choice about unitology. I mean if the DLC is with Isaac why dafuq would Isaac need to choose whether or not to kill a Unitologist and even if there was a mercy choice in the DLC, why dafuq would it be so important as to have two choice achievements????

Anyway you look at it, I'm definitely still excited,

Last edited by NewYorkJetsFAN; 02-18-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: CANT WAIT LOL
NewYorkJetsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #24
neosman8

Liam Rising's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskier View Post
Although I like the idea of DLC picking up where DS3 left off, I think that it will be taking place 200 years in the past. Perhaps we'll play as one of Mahan's top-tier soldier(s). Overloading a reactor = blowing a section of the base full of don't-want-to-die troopers or unitologists?. Unitology existed back then, and there were unitology fanatics among S.C.A.F. like the sergeant who manoeuvred his men into eating infected flesh. Also, it was never explained (or was it?) how Ellie found Tau Volantis in the first place - some intel on the expedition must have lasted after all. Maybe escaping on to the Terra Nova part is all about that - sending some transmission with planet's coordinates that will be discovered 200 years later? It's all just speculation, but the S.C.A.F. expedition has a lot of story potential and Visceral clearly realises that (all those stories told by logs in optional missions).
Also while "Awakening" might refer to Clarke and Carver, it was also used to describe periodic waves of increased religious attitudes among British colonist and then American people. Since unitology is featured in that DLC, this seems appropriate. Maybe we'll learn how the realy fanatical fraction came to be (kill the leader - give them a martyr just like Altman; spare him - allow his lies to spread and keep converting people).
the graphic novel liberation explains everything prior from who carver and danik are to how ellie got to tau volantis and no one had been there since the sovereign colonies did.

i hope its issac and carver but if you think about the unitologists helping danik are still there what if they split up and some are awakened and know the markers are bad and uprise and the others still believe they are necessary and you play as a unitologist fighting to kill the others and stop them.but im definitely hoping for more issac and carver i mean issac is the marker killer after all it would take more then a necromoon to kill him.

sonic adventure 2: battle HD
neosman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #25
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexZ IT View Post
And what about Lexine Murdoch Weller from "DS2 Severed" and "DS Extraction"? where is she? Lexine’s ship launches and escapes the Titan station (Severed ending). She is now a target of EarthGov with an immediate termination order if found.
I think she is very important because of her immunity to the Marker: EarthGov wanted Gabe Weller to conceive a child with her for analytical purposes.
EarthGov has been overthrown. I think it's safe to assume that Lexine is safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskier View Post
and there were unitology fanatics among S.C.A.F. like the sergeant who manoeuvred his men into eating infected flesh.
He wasn't a Unitologist. He was just driven insane by the Marker signal. Several SCAF soldiers were. Never once, anywhere, is it referenced that there were Unitologists involved in the SCAF expedition to Tau Volantis.
Resident Evil 5

Last edited by ThePumpkinKing; 02-21-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #26
Phil Anselmo

PH1L ANSELMO's Gamercard
The developers were quoted as saying the DLC will be some of the most disturbing Dead Space content ever, so honestly I don't think it has anything to do with Carver or Isaac. I think it has more to do with the prologue than anything. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended similar to Severed, either.
Phil Anselmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #27
ThePumpkinKing

So, because they claim it's "the most disturbing Dead Space content ever', that means Isaac and Carver are disqualified from being a part of it? Makes absolutely no sense. Since Isaac has been the main character for years. And they've cranked out some pretty fucked up shit for him to deal with.
Resident Evil 5
Old 02-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #28
Phil Anselmo

PH1L ANSELMO's Gamercard
Quote:
So, because they claim it's "the most disturbing Dead Space content ever', that means Isaac and Carver are disqualified from being a part of it? Makes absolutely no sense. Since Isaac has been the main character for years. And they've cranked out some pretty fucked up shit for him to deal with.
Anything discussed is pure conjecture at this stage. I don't think it makes sense that Isaac and Carver would be a part of anything "disturbing" considering how relatively tame (aside from Carver's missions) Dead Space 3 was. When they say most disturbing content ever, I'm thinking it has more to do with the prologue and what happened at the end with all the soldiers being hang, shot, and committing suicide.
Phil Anselmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #29
Akinokaze

Akinokaze FA's Gamercard
I see two likely possibilities for this DLC.

#1 It's set at the time of the prologue, they could have had a cult leader rise up amongst the soldiers during the outbreak with the DLC ending with it reaching level 5 and the extermination order being placed.

#2 It's set during the main story of DS2 and you will play as one of the unitologist soldiers. Text logs have one of them talking about his doubts about what they were doing on Tau, this could have been a hint to the character of the DLC in the same way that in DS2 there are logs pertaining both to the characters of ignition and dead space [mobile.]

Bare in mind they have claimed this will be their darkest, most disturbing content. In this you could start off a firm believer doing some horrible things and over the course of the DLC come to question things culminating in a choice allowing for multiple endings [this based on certain secret achievements I won't spoil.] I also think it likely that they will use this DLC to cover Elie's survival and capture a little better than the breif explanation we got at the end.

Of the two possibilities I'm putting my bets on #2

Akinokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #30
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinokaze View Post
I see two likely possibilities for this DLC.

#1 It's set at the time of the prologue, they could have had a cult leader rise up amongst the soldiers during the outbreak with the DLC ending with it reaching level 5 and the extermination order being placed.

#2 It's set during the main story of DS2 and you will play as one of the unitologist soldiers. Text logs have one of them talking about his doubts about what they were doing on Tau, this could have been a hint to the character of the DLC in the same way that in DS2 there are logs pertaining both to the characters of ignition and dead space [mobile.]

Bare in mind they have claimed this will be their darkest, most disturbing content. In this you could start off a firm believer doing some horrible things and over the course of the DLC come to question things culminating in a choice allowing for multiple endings [this based on certain secret achievements I won't spoil.] I also think it likely that they will use this DLC to cover Elie's survival and capture a little better than the breif explanation we got at the end.

Of the two possibilities I'm putting my bets on #2
Eh... like I said. There was no mention whatsoever of Unitology on Tau Volantis during the SCAF expedition. I suppose it's possible. But given that 1) Unitology was essentially fringe at the time. Nowhere near as widespread as it was during the events of these games, 2) There's no mention, ANYWHERE in the logs of Unitologist activity, and 3) It seems a little too far fetched that a Military expedition led by someone like General Mahad would have any tolerance for religious involvement. It just doesn't seem feasible that it could take place in the time period. If anything, the only character that we could even remotely accuse of being a Unitologist could be the Admiral. But I believe her actions and eventually insanity was a result of the marker/moon signal. And her influence was quickly stamped out by Mahad.

On the other hand, your second suggestion makes perfect sense. I'd forgotten all about the log you mentioned. But I actually think I might agree with you that the two characters we play as could end up being unitologist "defectors", for lack of a better term. Which could explain the names of the achievements tied to the Unitologist Cult Leader (kill him, you're a Heretic. Let him live, you're a True Believer.) Very interesting theory. I'd put money on that being a possibility more than I ever would the possibility of it taking place during the original expedition.

I'm still personally hoping to find out exactly what happened to Isaac and Carver (damned epilogue). But I'm thinking you might be on to something with your theory. Nice work.

The biggest mystery is the achievement for completing Awakened. The title "Bad Moon Rising" has some pretty heavy implications as to what's in store for the series. But again, I'm hoping all of these questions will be answered, or at least addressed with this DLC.
Resident Evil 5

Last edited by ThePumpkinKing; 02-26-2013 at 01:11 AM.