PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 3 > Awakened
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #31
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
I'm liking some of these guesses

I'd rather play as Ellie though.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #32
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
It's all speculation, EA intentionally released the achievement list early to build up hype.

Lets stop whipping around our virtual penises and just wait to the DLC is released
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #33
Akinokaze

Akinokaze FA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
The biggest mystery is the achievement for completing Awakened. The title "Bad Moon Rising" has some pretty heavy implications as to what's in store for the series. But again, I'm hoping all of these questions will be answered, or at least addressed with this DLC.
This could already be hinted at by the fact that DS3 has gone back to the tradition of having the first letter of each chapter spell out a message.

From the dead space wikia.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Akinokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #34
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hooter View Post
It's all speculation, EA intentionally released the achievement list early to build up hype.

Lets stop whipping around our virtual penises and just wait to the DLC is released

i dont think this is why they did it.

Whenever the new achievements were released it took away 1 complete game and made it 1000/1250... this ALMOST made me hold on to the game til the dlc came out (to re-complete the game). Anyways, since they still havent released the date of the dlc, i decided to trade this game in today while gamestop is doing the extra 50% on any game

i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #35
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinokaze View Post
This could already be hinted at by the fact that DS3 has gone back to the tradition of having the first letter of each chapter spell out a message.

From the dead space wikia.
I noted that in the first post, I believe. Needless to say, the other moons seem to be where they'll be taking the series. If they actually make a fourth.

Either way, I can't see anyone but Isaac dealing with them. Bringing in a new protagonist this late in the game makes zero sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i fist brown i View Post
i dont think this is why they did it.

Whenever the new achievements were released it took away 1 complete game and made it 1000/1250... this ALMOST made me hold on to the game til the dlc came out (to re-complete the game). Anyways, since they still havent released the date of the dlc, i decided to trade this game in today while gamestop is doing the extra 50% on any game

Quoted for truth. It had nothing to do with hype. And everything to do with keeping achievement whores from selling their copies. Plain and simple.

As far as "whipping our penises around"? Maybe whoever it is that posted that does it. But this is an achievement discussion.

Don't like it? Don't contribute. Simple as that.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #36
Akinokaze

Akinokaze FA's Gamercard
Quote:
Either way, I can't see anyone but Isaac dealing with them. Bringing in a new protagonist this late in the game makes zero sense.
Talked about that with a friend when we'd both finished the game and I semi-joked about the possibility of them pulling a metroid and having us play as ellie [while she's under marker influence and thinking Isaak is still alive.]

I kinda wanna see how well they could do that, if they could manage to fool us uptil the big reviel. But I'd rather just keep playing as Isaak if he's still alive [can't assume anything from the ending] cause there's no way it wouldn't be leaked and the surprise ruined.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #37
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
Talked about that with a friend when we'd both finished the game and I semi-joked about the possibility of them pulling a metroid and having us play as ellie [while she's under marker influence and thinking Isaak is still alive.]

I kinda wanna see how well they could do that, if they could manage to fool us uptil the big reviel. But I'd rather just keep playing as Isaak if he's still alive [can't assume anything from the ending] cause there's no way it wouldn't be leaked and the surprise ruined.
Gotta admit, that's a pretty interesting, creative concept. But again, bringing in a new protangonist just doesn't make any sense. Isaac is THE character. And while I'd be interested to see if they could pull off something like what you're talking about. I'd probably feel more alienated as a fan, by the fact that they'd have the nerve to swap out characters this late into the series.

Not to mention. Ellie just came across as a selfish, whiny little wench in this game. I really don't think I could stomach playing as her for the entire duration of a game. Unless she pulled a metroid, and didn't say a word for the entire game.
Resident Evil 5
Old 03-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #38
Wandering Fist

Wandering Fist's Gamercard
How the heck are they going to follow the ending? Surely that would be left for Dead Space 4. I think this DLC will take place during the events of the main game. With Isaac and Carver.
Wandering Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #39
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
I'm gonna go outside the box. I don't think this is a Clarke/Carver DLC. I think it's Ellie.

There is no guarantee Isaac even survived. You can take it two ways :

a) He spoke, therefore he is alive.
b) Because of the way his voice trails off, its his dying breath.

I personally think they'll go with option B, and give the franchise a new star.
Last Achievement : 100 Times Too Many - Alien Isolation (Xbox One) - 5g
Last 100% Completion : Alien Isolation (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #40
Akinokaze

Akinokaze FA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
I'm gonna go outside the box. I don't think this is a Clarke/Carver DLC. I think it's Ellie.

There is no guarantee Isaac even survived. You can take it two ways :

a) He spoke, therefore he is alive.
b) Because of the way his voice trails off, its his dying breath.

I personally think they'll go with option B, and give the franchise a new star.
There's also C) He's already dead and Ellie is hearing him like Isaac heard Nicole.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #41
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
There's also C) He's already dead and Ellie is hearing him like Isaac heard Nicole.
Nope because she left before Isaac speaks.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #42
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
me thinks you got it wrong. He was saying that Ellie could be hear Isaac in her mind or seeing a hallucination of Isaac
Old 03-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #43
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

I wouldn't buy it if they suddenly made Ellie insane like that. Nothing she's done would suggest she's been under the influence of the Marker. Plus she's already gone back to Earth space. It's quite clear she got away fine.

I'm not sure what the DLC will be. I was thinking it would probably be set around the Prologue time but as someone mentioned there is no evidence of Unitologists being on Tau Volantis around that time, while the achievement list suggests you will encounter Unitologists. Although having said that, it specifically says "Cult" in the achievement/s, where as I always thought Unitology was a recognised religion rather than a cult in the DS universe. Perhaps that makes a difference. I guess it could just be that Unitology was considered a cult rather than a religion when it was first formed.

While I would like to find out what happened/happens to Isaac, I would be happy either never knowing for sure or having to wait until the next game. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy if this DLC did carry on Isaac's story.

Whatever it turns out to be I'm sure it will be just as good as the main game.

I assume the rumours of it being released today were wrong. Didn't think it would come out on a Sunday.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #44
Akinokaze

Akinokaze FA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
He's speaks on a blank screen. That could be him sending a message while in space around Tau, it could be Ellie picking up the signal while traveling, or it could be Ellie hallucinating, there is no context.

While she's never exhibited signs of marker madness in the games it's possible that she has a very high tolerance for it and it's just starting to hit, who knows.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #45
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Just food for thought but the official Dead Space facebook page just posted a picture of Issac fighting a necromorph not seen in the main game along with "Dead Space 3 Awakened details are coming soon."
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #46
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamagedWill View Post
Just food for thought but the official Dead Space facebook page just posted a picture of Issac fighting a necromorph not seen in the main game along with "Dead Space 3 Awakened details are coming soon."
You beat me to it. It's worth noting that they specifically pointed out that it was a NEW necromorph.

If this is set after the events of the main game. That means EA has officially started selling the endings of their games as DLC.

But I think it's safe to say that this screen confirms that: This DLC will NOT take place during the prologue. Isaac is alive. And he and Carver will be the playable characters.

Now, given the achievement list, I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say that this takes place after the events of the main game. It's not confirmed exactly when this DLC takes place. But I can't see it taking place during the events of the main game. At all.
Resident Evil 5

Last edited by ThePumpkinKing; 03-04-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #47
Akinokaze

Akinokaze FA's Gamercard
While it's possible thats a bait and switch to throw us off [you could just see Isaac fighting or his model could be a placeholder to not spoil it] I guess this kills my idea that we'd be playing as one of the unitologists then.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #48
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
It didn't look all that new to me, looked more like a slightly bigger version of the ones that like to play peekaboo with Issac.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #49
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
It didn't look all that new to me, looked more like a slightly bigger version of the ones that like to play peekaboo with Issac.
It does look like a stalker on steroids. I guess that would still be considered new though. They might act differently or something.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #50
Reach Infinity

Annysia's Gamercard
So i went in my local gamestop yesterday and i was looking at the pre-paid awakened dlc box. I do not know if this is credible and i have read some people asking what the dlc is about, but they were advertising a picture or isaac and carver floating in from of a moon. There was a caption was under saying "their story continues"
Reach Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #51
Joseph0714

I Hazer I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach Infinity View Post
So i went in my local gamestop yesterday and i was looking at the pre-paid awakened dlc box. I do not know if this is credible and i have read some people asking what the dlc is about, but they were advertising a picture or isaac and carver floating in from of a moon. There was a caption was under saying "their story continues"
I found THIS on Gamestop.com, it shows Isaac and Carver not floating, but it's them like you said, plus release date says 3/12/2013. Let's hope Gamestop is correct about the release date.

Sig. created by: Audacious

Joseph0714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #52
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph0714 View Post
I found THIS on Gamestop.com, it shows Isaac and Carver not floating, but it's them like you said, plus release date says 3/12/2013. Let's hope Gamestop is correct about the release date.
The release date might be right, but the picture is one of the original promotional images from the main game. Even so, with this and the screenshots from the DS Facebook I'm still not 100% convinced it will be Isaac and Carver.

1000G/100%
Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #53
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
The release date might be right, but the picture is one of the original promotional images from the main game. Even so, with this and the screenshots from the DS Facebook I'm still not 100% convinced it will be Isaac and Carver.
Dude. Wake up. Several images have been posted on the facebook page. And the phrase "their story continues" spells it out for you. It's crystal clear that this DLC picks up after the end of the main game, and follows Isaac and Carver.

Geez. Talk about refusing to see what's right in front of you...
Resident Evil 5
Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #54
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Dude. Wake up. Several images have been posted on the facebook page. And the phrase "their story continues" spells it out for you. It's crystal clear that this DLC picks up after the end of the main game, and follows Isaac and Carver.

Geez. Talk about refusing to see what's right in front of you...
The ONLY thing that has said "Their story continues" is what someone says they saw at a local Gamestop. Not like it was officially from EA/Visceral.

Why so hostile anyway? I've stated several times I don't care which direction this DLC goes in, whether it's carrying on with Isaac and Carver or going back to the past when the outbreak originally happened.

I'm just saying I wouldn't put it past them try to trick us into thinking it was one thing then finding it's something different when it's released. Calm down a bit O_o

1000G/100%
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #55
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph0714 View Post
Apparently, March 12th is a solid/fun day to be a gamer:

God of War: Ascension
*Rumored* Dead Space 3 DLC drop
Battlefield 3: End Game DLC Drop
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #56
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
http://www.destructoid.com/dead-spac...r-247991.phtml

Confirmed. The dlc takes place after the fight with the Moon. Issac and Carver have to get a ship up to get back to Earth. Dealing with Unitologists that have gone completely insane and also a return of Issac's dementia, courtesy of the huge Marker signal that went off after the Moon was destroyed.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #57
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamagedWill View Post
http://www.destructoid.com/dead-spac...r-247991.phtml

Confirmed. The dlc takes place after the fight with the Moon. Issac and Carver have to get a ship up to get back to Earth. Dealing with Unitologists that have gone completely insane and also a return of Issac's dementia, courtesy of the huge Marker signal that went off after the Moon was destroyed.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.
The crazy as fuck unitologists look creepy as hell. Hopefully some more scares are waiting in this DLC!

I am curious how they survived, though. I hope they just don't start with Isaac and Carver walking around on Tau Volantis.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #58
Lothra

Lothra's Gamercard
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

The DLC has you starting on Tau Volantis right after the endgame playing as Isaac and Carver, and as per the achievement description you then have to find your way upto the Terra Nova Sovereign Colonies ship because its the only one still able to sustain shock jumping back to earth.

That's all that's really been revealed about the DLC, and that Isaacs dementia is back because the Necromorph Moon's destruction has somehow awakened its brother moons.
Lothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #59
Geoff66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hooter View Post
Apparently, March 12th is a solid/fun day to be a gamer:

God of War: Ascension
*Rumored* Dead Space 3 DLC drop
Battlefield 3: End Game DLC Drop
Can someone call in sick for me on tuesday?
Geoff66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #60
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
So, obviously a lot of us played/beat it. Your thoughts on the ending?
Sqeagy is offline   Reply With Quote