PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 3 > Awakened
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #61
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
So, obviously a lot of us played/beat it. Your thoughts on the ending?
Kinda lame, way too much of a cliff hanger to leave it at that, there's gotta be another DLC in the pipeline. They just can't leave us hanging on til DS4!
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #62
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Two gripes:

1) Every environment recycled from main campaign. Was expecting at least some different areas. Even the hallucination sections were exactly like the co-op chapters from the main campaign.

2) Not a single reward for playing. No suits, parts.....nothing. Not during, not after. Big dissapointment.

I know people don't expect a lot for 800 points, however, less than two hours of content that consists of running through the same areas you have already seen again is kind of pushing it.

Like Rivercurse said in another thread (I'm not posting there because the OP didn't even bother to use this subforum), the only really entertaining part of the DLC was the last 20 seconds, in a cutscene. The rest of the DLC felt like pure filler.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #63
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Do the parts you collect not carry over into main game?
Sqeagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #64
GeneralCurry726

GeneralCurry726's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSpider72 View Post
Two gripes:

1) Every environment recycled from main campaign. Was expecting at least some different areas. Even the hallucination sections were exactly like the co-op chapters from the main campaign.

2) Not a single reward for playing. No suits, parts.....nothing. Not during, not after. Big dissapointment.

I know people don't expect a lot for 800 points, however, less than two hours of content that consists of running through the same areas you have already seen again is kind of pushing it.

Like Rivercurse said in another thread (I'm not posting there because the OP didn't even bother to use this subforum), the only really entertaining part of the DLC was the last 20 seconds, in a cutscene. The rest of the DLC felt like pure filler.

I agree with both of those points.

But, overall I thought this was a cool dlc. Almost worth the 800 if it was maybe 1 hour or so longer.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #65
Sqeagy

You didn't play it for more then an hour? What the hell were you using? It took me an hour and a half to beat. Then again, I was looking for collectibles.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #66
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Two gripes:

Completely agree. The recycled envoironments were a bit insulting to anyone with eyes.

It would have been amazing to have Awakening included in the core game and had it begin after the credits finished rolling. That would have been a great surprise and a perfect ending. Or having the ending I just described play out as a reward for beating all of the difficulties. Why don't games do fun stuff like that anymore? Don't answer that last part.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #67
ii SlayerX

Best part was the ending cutscene other then that, pretty disappointing. Beat it in under 60 minutes and I was looking for collectables along the way plus my first runthrough was on pure survival. Its been said but the completely recycled areas was bullshit. At least give us something a little new and not something weve seen before with added candles.

War... War never changes. Or does it? War has changed. Did it? The answer is no. Unless it is yes. No, of course it is. It is war!
ii SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #68
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Do the parts you collect not carry over into main game?
They will stay in your inventory across that same save, however, none of the parts or circuits are unique to this DLC, that was my gripe. Everything is obtainable from the main campaign. I wanted to see some unique rewards and we got jack shit. I mean come on, not even a unique suit??
Old 03-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #69
Sqeagy

I thought it was pretty good. I wish you saw more.....

How do I put spoiler tags before I continue?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #70
ii SlayerX

Quote:
They will stay in your inventory across that same save, however, none of the parts or circuits are unique to this DLC, that was my gripe. Everything is obtainable from the main campaign. I wanted to see some unique rewards and we got jack shit. I mean come on, not even a unique suit??
At bare minimum I would have expected a new suit. For shame.

War... War never changes. Or does it? War has changed. Did it? The answer is no. Unless it is yes. No, of course it is. It is war!
ii SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #71
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...hp?faq=general

Third question down.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #72
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
I thought it was pretty good. I wish you saw more.....

You don't need to. There is a spoiler alert in the thread title. Anyone that reads this thread should know to expect spoilers.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #73
Sqeagy

The only thing I didn't like was how easy the achievements are. I got all of them, and now I'm back to missing two achievements. I'll beat this game on Pure Survival/Hardcore one day.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #74
Sqeagy

Quote:
You don't need to. There is a spoiler alert in the thread title. Anyone that reads this thread should know to expect spoilers.
That's what I was thinking.

I wish they added more of your slain friends as necromorphs. Seeing Norton as one was cool, but I was kinda sad I didn't see a Buckel or Santos or....Rosen I think his name was.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #75
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
So, obviously a lot of us played/beat it. Your thoughts on the ending?
Loved it. I'm sure I read this will probably be the only DLC for this one so it sets up Dead Space 4 very well and I'm excited for it already
However if there was more DLC that would be good to. A few missions searching for Ellie or something.

Enjoyed the whole thing. The new necromorphs were interesting, and the whole Isaac going insane thing was fun. Didn't really care that it was mostly recycled areas from the main game either. They'd changed them enough for it not to matter.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:27 AM   #76
Sqeagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
Loved it. I'm sure I read this will probably be the only DLC for this one so it sets up Dead Space 4 very well and I'm excited for it already
However if there was more DLC that would be good to. A few missions searching for Ellie or something.

Enjoyed the whole thing. The new necromorphs were interesting, and the whole Isaac going insane thing was fun. Didn't really care that it was mostly recycled areas from the main game either. They'd changed them enough for it not to matter.
This is how I felt. I don't care about the areas. The story was really good. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a new DLC though.

Now that I think about it, Didn't they do the same thing with Dead Space 2 where they released the game and starting talking about the DLC release the same day and it was released a month later?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #77
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Now that I think about it, Didn't they do the same thing with Dead Space 2 where they released the game and starting talking about the DLC release the same day and it was released a month later?
Not sure, I was late getting DS2 and even then I only finally completed it about 2 weeks before DS3 was released.
I wasn't a huge fan of Severed either, I think because it was different characters. That's another thing I like about Awakened, the fact it's Isaac and Carver not some other characters. Not that it really could be, I don't think there were any sane people left alive on Tau Volantis.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Old 03-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #78
Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

I think another DLC could probably just about be squeezed out from within the DS3 narrative.

I'd rather they saved anything further on in the timeline for DS4.

This story definitely isn't done.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #79
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
I think another DLC could probably just about be squeezed out from within the DS3 narrative.

I'd rather they saved anything further on in the timeline for DS4.

This story definitely isn't done.
I could see an "Arrival" (Mass Effect 2) type of DLC to cap this but more likely we'll just get a couple overpriced suit packs and no more campaign content.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:15 AM   #80
Prime Inertia

Stellar Inertia's Gamercard
I personally loved the DLC. It was what I expected. Im not one to complain much.
Prime Inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #81
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Awakened:

Well I gotta say, I like the ending better than the one from the original game but LEVEL-BACK-TRACKING AGAIN (Severed)!? Really!?

Also the boss fights with the cult leader are the same shit as the final boss fight in Dead Space 2. Thanks but no thanks.

All in all I think it was ok but not really a great DLC.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #82
Brawl Kirby

Brawl Kirby's Gamercard
I actually feel really disappointed with the ending

after 3 games the nekros finally won? Is this the thanks for killing milions of nekros and wrecking a fuckin moon just to see 10 new around the earth at the end?

I really hope this is NOT the complete end (wouldn't surprise me from an EA game though)
Brawl Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #83
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawl Kirby View Post

after 3 games the nekros finally won? Is this the thanks for killing milions of nekros and wrecking a fuckin moon just to see 10 new around the earth at the end?

I really hope this is NOT the complete end (wouldn't surprise me from an EA game though)
Of course they haven't won. Isaac is alive and back at Earth, no doubt Dead Space 4 will be coming within the next 2 years where we'll get to kill even more necros and moons Whether it will be as Isaac or not I don't know. I still thought Visceral wanted to end Isaac's story with this one. Maybe EA is pulling the strings though and don't want to risk changing the lead character for fear of losing some loyal fans.

Point being, the end is supposed to leave you wanting more. I'd say it's worked.

1000G/100%
Old 03-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #84
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawl Kirby View Post

The odds have always been stacked against Isaac. Remember the after-credits ending for DS2? When they revealed that the marker at Titan Station was officially labeled site 13? After all of that effort and we find out there were at least 12 other markers just like the one he just destroyed?

Isaac has never had it easy. But now he has Carver to help him.

I personally loved the ending. It sets up one hell of a sequel. With seemingly impossible odds. I'm all for it.

As for the DLC itself? Sure, it was short. But I wasn't expecting anything ridiculous in length. It was long enough to bring me back to the game. And it told a decent story in the process. And again, it answered all of the questions the game itself left unanswered. And gave us the "real" ending. The return of Isaac's dementia was a welcome addition. Not to mention seeing that asshole Norton come back as a Necromorph was fucking priceless. Really enjoyed killing him a second time.

All in all, not the greatest DLC in the world. But what were any of you expecting? It officially ends the DS3 story arch. And leads us into DS4. And I'm fine with that.

8/10.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #85
Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by majica8 View Post

point being, the end is supposed to leave you wanting more. I'd say it's worked.
QFMFT.

10char
Old 03-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #86
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
The odds have always been stacked against Isaac. Remember the after-credits ending for DS2? When they revealed that the marker at Titan Station was officially labeled site 13? After all of that effort and we find out there were at least 12 other markers just like the one he just destroyed?

Isaac has never had it easy. But now he has Carver to help him.

I personally loved the ending. It sets up one hell of a sequel. With seemingly impossible odds. I'm all for it.

As for the DLC itself? Sure, it was short. But I wasn't expecting anything ridiculous in length. It was long enough to bring me back to the game. And it told a decent story in the process. And again, it answered all of the questions the game itself left unanswered. And gave us the "real" ending. The return of Isaac's dementia was a welcome addition. Not to mention seeing that asshole Norton come back as a Necromorph was fucking priceless. Really enjoyed killing him a second time.

All in all, not the greatest DLC in the world. But what were any of you expecting? It officially ends the DS3 story arch. And leads us into DS4. And I'm fine with that.

8/10.
Pretty much how I feel about it. It was a bit disappointing gameplay wise, but story wise I thought it was riveting. They are really taking this in a different direction than I thought but I am sure interested in where it'll go.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #87
ttdrevan

o Revan x's Gamercard
Love Dead Space series, but DLC was too short, not really scary and the story ended in point when we either go back to the Moon in SP DLC or this was only SP DLC and we will play on Earth in the next game.

Revan's 1000/1000+ Games
Call of Duty 2, Fable II, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed 2, The Force Unleashed, Modern Warfare 2, Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3, Prince of Persia (2008)
ttdrevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #88
Blerbman

Just finished the DLC. Gotta say, I hated the ending. While shocking and unpredicted, it was pretty much a "fuck you, no more Dead Space" move. Even if DS4 is made (I've heard rumours of a cancellation, so that would explain the ending), it will probably have an unbelievable plot because let's face it, there were how many moons exactly? How the fuck do you kill a moon, especially when they're literally sucking people into the sky, let alone a bunch of them? Good fucking luck, any suspension of disbelief flew out the window at that moment for me.

I'll probably still buy it, because I love the actual gameplay, but any interest I had in the lore is gone. It's a shame, because DS3 had one awesome subplot with the whole "discovering aliens" thing, and how the fact that multiple moons exist implies more ancient civilizations existed... It's rich with creative potential, and I wish they would have left it a little more open-ended.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what they do next.
Blerbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #89
sharkhunter21

shark hunter 21's Gamercard
I liked this dlc(as well as the severed dlc from DS2). Didn't mind the back-tracking due to the new enemies/enemy skins, and the return of Issac's own mental breakdowns. But of course there is a couple things I would have wanted more of. Loved the whole idea of Issac and Carver fighting each other but I wish that lasted longer, would have killed for a section where you and your partner get separated for a bit.
Cult leader was interesting but that all of that build up and the final encounter just felt lacking.
And the final cutscene, holy crap! One moon was tough enough to take down, now we have to deal with 7? going by the number of moons we can see in Issac/Carver's head. I desperately want another dlc so we don't have to wait however long for DS4 but I'll gladly wait to see how in the hell Issac/Carver/(and hopefully) Ellie will defeat all these moons plus the millions/billions of necromorphs.
Only thing that could have made it just a tiny bit better would have been a suit at least
sharkhunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #90
Jaskier

Jaskier85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blerbman View Post
Just finished the DLC. Gotta say, I hated the ending. While shocking and unpredicted, it was pretty much a "fuck you, no more Dead Space" move.
Not necessarily. I'm not so sure if what Isaac and John saw was even real - at the very end, right before the screen cut an orange filter was applied, the same filter used during hallucinations. As a matter of fact everything that happened in Awakened might have simply taken place in Isaac's head when he's waiting to die falling toward Tau Volantis' surface. It starts with a hallucination and unexpected survival, than deluded stuff just keeps piling on, and Isaac was supposed to be over mental problems he was suffering in Dead Space 2. Because of that I think that it's just as likely that Earth is safe and everything was imagined, as that it's being attacked by the moons.

Regarding the part about killing the moons - Unitologists might have dismantled EarthGov in the colonies, but I'm pretty sure that EarthGov's Navy "docked" at Solar System has some impressive fire-power. Considering that merchant navies in Dead Space universe have tech allowing them to literally "crack planets" and even relatively small vessels like the Valiant pack a lot of nuclear ordnance, I think it's safe to assume that the full-force fleet could obliterate the necromorph moons. That's why stalling Carver and Clarke was so important - so the EarthGov (or the S.C.A.F. for all the moons knew) wouldn't have time to mobilize.

Jaskier is offline   Reply With Quote