View Poll Results: Which should I get?
Tomb Raider 16 43.24%
Bioshock: Infinite 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
SilentHill002

SilentHill002's Gamercard
My First Game Dilemma of 2013

Being a poor man barely earning mor than minimum wage, I am forced to choose between two games I currently have pre-ordered. I recently estimated the outlook for personal funds and I have found I cannot afford both upon release. So now I am asking the X360A community which I should get. Should I get Tomb Raider or Bioshock Infinite?
Old 02-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I'm personally not a Bioshock fan, but I've never played a Tomb Raider game so I'm going to get that, which also has multiplayer. You should delve into more of the gameplay for each game before you make your decision.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Don't listen to BAR4D...he thinks Need for Speed Undercover is the best racing game ever.

Bioshock is just an amazing series. Well written and gameplay for the new one looks amazing.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #4
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Tomb Raider. It will have more replay value than Bioshock.
On another note, you should check into Gamefly, I am quite poor myself but thanks to Gamefly...I never miss getting to play any and everything I want without having to constantly buy games. Just a thought
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #5
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
he thinks Need for Speed Undercover is the best racing game ever.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #6
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Tomb Raider. It will have more replay value than Bioshock.
On another note, you should check into Gamefly, I am quite poor myself but thanks to Gamefly...I never miss getting to play any and everything I want without having to constantly buy games. Just a thought
$14.95 x 12 x how ever many years you had gamefly = throwing $$$ away. I buy cheap and resell on ebay for more then I paid for the game. I have a video game fund. I may not buy a game on release, but it's all the same to me.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #7
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
$14.95 x 12 x how ever many years you had gamefly = throwing $$$ away. I buy cheap and resell on ebay for more then I paid for the game. I have a video game fund. I may not buy a game on release, but it's all the same to me.
Actually I have 2 accounts and they are 4 game plans so 38dollars a month per account
But it beats spending 60 dollars for a new game, the amount of time I spend gaming it is well worth it.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #8
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Don't listen to anyone in this thread. Get Defiance.

But seriously, Tomb Raider gets my vote. It'll be a solid game and probably have more replay value than BioShock Infinite.

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #9
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post

But seriously, Tomb Raider gets my vote. It'll be a solid game and probably have more replay value than BioShock Infinite.
lol Yeah...perhaps you should look into Defiance! Free to play MMO coming in early April. It will offer plenty of replay value
Old 02-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #10
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

No one has metioned Gears of War Judgement? Even MORE replay value..

Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 AM   #11
Spanish Assault

Quote:
lol Yeah...perhaps you should look into Defiance! Free to play MMO coming in early April. It will offer plenty of replay value
for the console?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #12
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
for the console?
Yup.

OT: My vote goes for Tomb Raider. I like the look of the survival-type gameplay of the reboot, and I feel the opposite about where the Bioshock series went (I'm over the awesomeness that was the Gears series, too, since that was brought up). Plus the new Lara is totally hot.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #13
SilentHill002

SilentHill002's Gamercard
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I am taking them all into consideration.

My thoughts on each:

I could never get into the old Tomb Raider games but from what I have seen from the reboot it looks incredible.

Bioshock is a different story. I have played through the first two multiple times and love the series (even though the second one was slighlty disappointing). I have been looking forward to Infinite for a while.

I originally was going to get both games but as I said I can't afford them both. So it is pretty much choose one now and wait until Christmas for the other one (as my wife will surely get it then).
Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 AM   #14
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well, that depends on what you're into.

If you're a major fan of the Tomb Raider franchise, the reboot coming out breathes new life into the franchise with its darker setting and survival-focused gameplay.

As for Bioshock Infinite, I've lost interest in it after the 50th delay. Still, the floating city of Columbia looks amazing (even more so than 1&2's underwater city of Rapture).

There are other options as well. There's Dead Space 3, which came out a few weeks ago. Crysis 3 comes out in 2 days as of this post (if you pre-ordered it you get a code to download the first Crysis on XBLA ), as well as Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Devil May Cry was also recently released. Just a few more suggestions

All random friend requests on Live will be declined. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I'll gladly accept Steam FRs, however.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #15
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill002 View Post
Should I get Tomb Raider or Bioshock Infinite?
Wait a month and get them both?

Not knowing what your personal preferences are makes it difficult. For myself, I'd get Tomb Raider.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #16
Tootell
Banned User

Joes Gnasher's Gamercard
I know you haven't asked about this but what about if you get non on release ad I have noticed recently in the uk a few weeks after games are released game do a deal where they are just 20 for a few days so then if you waited you can get both. I did this with the majority of my games last year and will be doing it this year unless it's gears of war judgment which is a release day pre order for me
Tootell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
PAISA4EVER COL

PAISA4EVER COL's Gamercard
tomb raider for me its a release day pre-order
PAISA4EVER COL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #18
Skorpion XBA
Brick Breaker

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
If I had to choose between the two I'd go with Tomb Raider. I was never big on BioShock (even though this one looks pretty damn good), but I did enjoy the Tomb Raiders on the PS.

Quote:
Actually I have 2 accounts and they are 4 game plans so 38dollars a month per account
But it beats spending 60 dollars for a new game, the amount of time I spend gaming it is well worth it.
DAAAMMMN! 8 games out at once?! I had a 3-game account and had to reduce to 2 games because I couldn't play them fast enough. And I agree. I GameFly all of my games and only buy the games I really REALLY want (which is about 2-4 a year).

Last edited by Skorpion XBA; 02-18-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Skorpion XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #19
aspeedomodel

speedo model's Gamercard
To me, Bioshock never warranted many replays. Tomb Raider looks the same.

Why get either? Wait. Save. And get something that you know you want for sure?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
No one has metioned Gears of War Judgement? Even MORE replay value..
Gears of War...ew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
OT: My vote goes for Tomb Raider. I like the look of the survival-type gameplay of the reboot, and I feel the opposite about where the Bioshock series went (I'm over the awesomeness that was the Gears series, too, since that was brought up). Plus the new Lara is totally hot.
Lara's new look alone is totally enough to consider buying the game. But in all seriousness, this game does look extremely good.

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Gears of War...ew!
You don't mean that..Halo boy. -_-

Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #22
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
Because gamers always feel the need to pick a side. Something I will never understand. You could make a thread called should I buy Super Mario Bros. 3 or Forza Horizon (a comparison that makes no sense at all) and within ten posts we'd be into name-calling.

I never cared for past Tomb Raider games but this reboot has me interested. I'll wait for reviews but I might pick it up. As far as Bioshock is concerned, I pre-ordered the Songbird Edition so it's easy to figure out what gets my vote.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #23
Mr Cogfather

Mr Cogfather's Gamercard
While I'm a big Bioshock fan I would have to say get Tomb Raider because it's been so long since we've had a good Tomb Raider game and this one makes you think and use your brain (If you're into that kind of gameplay).
Mr Cogfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #24
Cima al Mondo

Cima al Mondo's Gamercard
Quote:

Until today i had never even heard of defiance. This site just didn't post any news about. There was a bunch of trailers and gameplay in the forums though.

OT: I saw bioshock but I recently became a huge bioshock nut so my answers a little biase...
However I have only heard good things about the game from people that had a chance at playing it early.

Games I want to boost:
Desperately looking for a co-op partner for Dante's Inferno. Other then that any Assassin's Creed, Bioshock 2, and Halo 4
(If you want to boost one of these games hit me up)

100% Completed games
Bioshock (1100/1100), The Walking Dead (600/600), Minecraft (400/400), The Wolf Amoung Us (100/100)

My Gamertag:
Cima al Mondo
Cima al Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #25
Xtowers

Xtowers's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
I'm siding with a very few people in this thread and vote for neither until they become cheaper. If you don't have a lot of money, don't spend it unless you're getting a good deal. You can get one new release game for $60, or several games, new or used, for the same amount of money (and rather good titles, too).

Those games will probably be on special in a few months anyways. I expect a lot of new releases this year will see sudden dramatic price drops as the next gen console releases loom.

Xtowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #26
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I'm gonna say get Bioshock Infinite. I never liked the Tomb Raider series. Bored me.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #27
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

The votes are even..next vote wins.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #28
Nevergraf

Nevergraf's Gamercard
I tried bioshock, it didn't interest me too much. Tomb Raider for sure, I'm pretty excited to get it myself! I am a big fan of Tomb Raider games, so my opinion may be a tad biased.

With Love!
Nevergraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #29
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Personally i think Tomb Raider is an average game with one playthrough. You would probably get more out of Bioshock Infinite, both story and gameplay wise.

They even included regenerating health in Tomb Raider, and goes on to call it survival still. Not to mention the goodie bags and stuff the press has received.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #30
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post

Not knowing what your personal preferences are makes it difficult. For myself, I'd get Tomb Raider.
Good point...they'll go on sale. Most likely $39.99...so buy them both for $20 more then the full price.