PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Fusion: Genesis
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Road Map

Fusion: Genesis
Achievement Guide and Road Map

Overview:
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
- Offline achievements: 20 (200)
- Online achievements: 0 (0)
- Approximate amount of time to 200/200: 15-20 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements: None
- Glitched achievements: Using the auction house can cause negative money. See Introduction.
- Do cheat codes disable achievements? N/A
- Does difficulty affect achievements? N/A
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed? None

Introduction:
This is an easy twin stick shooter that takes place in the future in space. The game is made to be multiplayer all the time so there is no pause option even when playing solo. There are no multiplayer achievements and it is not necessary to play with other players. The tutorial needs to be carefully played to learn the controls and it is important to note that the player menu is accessed with the back button.

There are 5 factions that have their own stereotype but very little making their gameplay unique. Each faction sells comparable weapons and ships that have differences at the scout, interceptor, and heavy fighter levels but are exactly the same in transports and cruisers. Don’t bother buying every ship (especially lower than tier 4). I only bought scout ships and was able to finish the factions enough to buy tier 4 ships.

There is a glitch with the auction house that causes massive negative money so don't ever use it. Even though it will not affect your achievements, it is a pain in the ass and will make buying new ships/sentients impossible until you make enough money to be positive again and afford the ship/sentient.

Walkthrough:
Step 1: Join and complete at least 1 faction. I would suggest The Dominion of Allied Planets or The Revenant Order so you can do warzone missions. Joining every faction isn’t a bad idea either so you can put points into faction skills. Must have skills are: Ablation, Advanced Radar, Increase Cargo, Roll, Flares, and Clone. Others to consider would be: Harvest, Super Shield, and Teleport. Sell your starting sentient when you can afford an uncommon sentient and start mining to get it up to level 40.

Step 2: Complete warzone missions to get battlecannon 4 weapons. You can work your way up buying a battlecannon 1, 2, and 3 to make the missions go faster but the objective is to get 2-3 battlecannon 4s. These are the best weapons in the game and will make the rest of the game a lot easier.

Step 3: Finish the other faction missions. Faction story missions are unique but the faction xp missions are all identical.

Step 4: Finish the main story. I liked using the Consortium Tier 4 heavy fighter because of its speed and ability to use battlecannons without limit.

Step 5: Dark Legion Raid Mission and Ark Mission. Dark Legion missions are easier with more players but you should be able to do the first mission solo. Bring the Consortium heavy fighter for the higher speed. For the Ark Mission, use a cruiser and be careful, dying will cause you to restart.

Step 6: Level grinding! Now that you have all the other achievements, it’s time to grind to 100. You will probably have level 50 already but to make the trip to 100 faster, farm the Ark Missions’ first two areas.

Conclusion:
Nothing too difficult here, this should be a staple easy gamerscore game.

Trader 10
Join the Consortium faction.

See Zealot.

Smuggler 10
Join the Sunshadow Syndicate.

See Zealot.

Protector 10
Join the Praetoriate Fleet.

See Zealot.

Warrior 10
Join the Dominion of Allied Planets.

See Zealot.

Zealot 10
Join the Revenant Order.

After completing the tutorial level, you go to a station and the main story NPC gives you an overview of each of the factions. Just select the particular faction and head to the marked station to do some minor mission to join the faction. You can change faction at any time and the order you do them in makes no difference.

Tycoon 10
Complete all the Consortium story missions.

See Chosen.

Crimelord 10
Complete all the Sunshadow Syndicate story missions.

See Chosen.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 09-10-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Lawmaster 10
Complete all the Praetoriate Fleet story missions.

See Chosen.

Warlord 10
Complete all the Dominion of Allied Planets story missions.

See Chosen.

Chosen 10
Complete all the Revenant Order story missions.

Each faction has identical faction xp missions available from mission givers at the faction station. Do the faction story missions as soon as you have enough faction xp. The faction missions are fairly straightforward but will be unique and tell the story of the game from a different viewpoint and are not tied together.

Skilled
Earn all skills for a faction.

After joining a faction, you can put points into faction skills. There are no skill trees, each faction just has four different skills. You get one point per pilot level. The achievement unlocks when any faction skill group has at least one point in each skill. You can save your game, put a point in each skill and dashboard to avoid wasting points. It is possible to respec your skill points using prismatic crystals but you would need to complete the main story to get any.

Warmonger 10
Complete a Warzone mission.

Warzone missions are only available to the Dominion of Allied Planets and Revenant Order factions. You want to do these missions to accumulate warzone credits so you can buy battlecannon 4 weapons.

Defender 10
Complete a Dark Legion Invasion mission.

These are only available after completing the main story missions. Dark Legion Invasion missions are like defend missions where you need to defend the station from Dark Legion spawns that increase in difficulty with each day that passes. These can be easy if you have a public game that other players join to help you defend. I recommend using the consortium tier 4 heavy fighter with two battlecannon 4 and a DPS sentient. Your weapons will be more than enough for the legion ships and you will be able to abuse afterburner to move around the station.

Savior 10
Complete the Ark special mission.

This is only available after completing the main story missions. You are transported to a special area with some tough enemies and challenges. I would suggest bringing a tier 4 cruiser class ship with at least two battlecannon 4 and a maximum level healer AI with the ability to regenerate your hull. The last weapon slot is up to you, some people like another weapon but I like the energy boost from a DPS sentient. The roll glitch will be immensely helpful. Cruisers that use roll are impervious to beam weapons for the duration of the level.

Collector 10
Acquire a new sentient AI.

Go to any faction station and purchase a new sentient. Sell the starting sentent when you pick up an uncommon sentent. There is no point in keeping common sentents around because they have a lower max level.

Omniscent 10
Level a sentient to maximum level.

Press the button to bring up the menu and toggle auto-feed on your sentient to have them automatically gain levels. All you have to do now is head to a debris field and start mining. Sentients will automatically move to mine and collect ore and crystals. Maximum level for uncommon sentients is level 40 (32 for common sentents).

Upstart 10
Reach pilot level 25.

See Legend.

Veteran 10
Reach pilot level 50.

See Legend.

Hero 10
Reach pilot level 75.

See Legend.

Legend 10
Reach pilot level 100.

The fastest way to level up is to do the Ark mission and clear the first two areas.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 01-12-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Awesome, thanks a ton. There's still very little info about this game on the net, much appreciated that you took the time to post this up.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MabusScarab View Post
Awesome, thanks a ton. There's still very little info about this game on the net, much appreciated that you took the time to post this up.
If you don't mind, could you PM me or post here with some feedback on how this guide helped and especially anything that could be added or changed to improve it?

Open to anyone else who plays this game as well. Feel free to add me on LIVE as well, be sure to include x360a and fusion:genesis. Be willing to chat over mic if you want to play.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:04 AM   #5
tincann

TinCannEd's Gamercard
Excellent Job Shinobi. Very thorough & Well Done. I wish they would patch the Auction House though. It would make this game A LOT more enjoyable.
tincann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
AriousX

ariousx's Gamercard
A Guide for the Game

I have been searching for a good guide online all over the place does anyone know of one. I keep my laptop by me when I play games so that I dont miss anything. I was hoping to try and find a way to be able to look at the pilot skills and buff Icons without having to go to the glossary everytime seeing as there is no pause in game. Would just be nice to have a little more information at hand. Any help would be great. If you would like to add me just send me a message on Live letting me know you are from 360a. Thanks!
AriousX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
fastman309

fastman903's Gamercard
In the road map you say do warzone to earn the battle cannon, there is no battle cannon listed in the warzone rewards, do you mean the battle gun?
fastman309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastman309 View Post
In the road map you say do warzone to earn the battle cannon, there is no battle cannon listed in the warzone rewards, do you mean the battle gun?
Battle guns I guess. I though it was battle cannon. It is described as a beam or missile weapon I think but it is a very fast firing particle(?) weapon. Sorry I haven't played this game in a while so I am off on the terminology.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
montrossity

Send a message via AIM to montrossity

montrossity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Game takes about 25 hours or more. 15 is way too quick.

Ultramarathoner.
Swim, bike, run.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #10
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrossity View Post
Game takes about 25 hours or more. 15 is way too quick.
I never timed it but that estimate is based on an achievement grab run. If you immersed yourself in the game playing optional additional missions and farming money to buy ship upgrades and unneeded weapons, it's going to take you longer.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
I think 15-20 estimate using the additional weapon glitch and burning through solely for achievements is an accurate estimate. I personally took my time, got everything I wanted, farmed for rare items and put over 60-70 hours but I was playing for enjoyment not quick achievement hunting.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote