PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
CASCADEYOUTH

Will there be a season 2 for Spartan Ops?

Just wondering if there will be a season 2 or if 343i is done with spartan ops for now
CASCADEYOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Definitely maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD

I HAVE WRONG OPINIONS ON TITANFALL DON'T LISTEN TO ME

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The desire to do a Season 2 is there and the storyline ended in a way that begs for Season 2 to explain itself. That just leaves the question of whether there was enough support to warrant them doing a Season 2. My gut tells me yes, but I could be mistaken. I want it personally.

(And a thought that crosses my mind. If they do Season 2, they'll have to create all new maps. They won't be able to re-use any of the ones they've used so far outside of the Infinity levels. So with the exception of multiplayer maps (which we've so-far eliminated Complex, Ragnarok, and Vortex.) It'll take a good bit of work to produce all of the maps from scratch for another season.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
Hishoa

Considering it's dubbed as "Season 1", it can be surmised that they'll be a Season 2... ?
Hishoa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #5
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
(And a thought that crosses my mind. If they do Season 2, they'll have to create all new maps. They won't be able to re-use any of the ones they've used so far outside of the Infinity levels.
Good point...

Maybe they could bring in some three or four fan generated maps from forge into SPOPS Season 2?

It'd be cool toying around with trait zones and stuff during gameplay, the gravity fluxuations in the final chapter of Episode 10 were great.

But unless Halsey and Jul recover the other half of the Janice key from the UNSC early on in a Season 2, and visit another Forerunner installation(for whatever reason)...and the UNSC pulls a Boba Fett and manages to track the two down.... We could have a whole 'nother adventure with Crimson on another Dyson Sphere.

Continuity.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #6
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Requiem went boom. Of course they'll need new maps.

Will there be a Season 2? My gut tells me yes.

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Most likely there will be a time lapse (maybe a year or two?) between Season 1 and 2 that will give the UNSC time to track down Jul and Dr Halsey. With 'Mdama's terrorist activity against human colonies, it's not likely he'll just sit back quietly. It seems more likely he'll make the first strike in an attempt to recover the other half first and that will kick off the events of the new game.

Not gonna lie, it would be cool to see them utilize some original maps from past Halo games since they don't seem to be interested in giving us remakes for multiplayer. Having a conflict on Earth could lead to one-time use maps like Terminal and Turf (which would actually plug into each other really well to make the map itself larger.) Plus levels boarding Covenant Capital ships could lead to the return of maps like Heretic and Zealot or even re-used portions of Truth and Reconciliation from Halo 1. They're willingness to recycle maps in Season 1 suggests they shouldn't have a problem recycling content from past games, especially Halo 1 since they still have the pre-built assets from the Anniversary release.

Just a thought...
Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #8
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Just a thought...
I agree with the time-lapse between Seasons - it there is a Season 2.

Bringing the battle to the Covenant - whether it be at their homeworld or ships - would be so great. Same for battling on Earth again.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #9
DHG arbitor

DHG arbitor's Gamercard
Halo 4 spartan ops season two

Maybe season to will be on earth like map pack majestic is
DHG arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #10
DHG arbitor

DHG arbitor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Good point...

Maybe they could bring in some three or four fan generated maps from forge into SPOPS Season 2?

It'd be cool toying around with trait zones and stuff during gameplay, the gravity fluxuations in the final chapter of Episode 10 were great.

But unless Halsey and Jul recover the other half of the Janice key from the UNSC early on in a Season 2, and visit another Forerunner installation(for whatever reason)...and the UNSC pulls a Boba Fett and manages to track the two down.... We could have a whole 'nother adventure with Crimson on another Dyson Sphere.

Continuity.
(Maybe another harvester)
DHG arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:21 AM   #11
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post

Continuity.
It's possible he'll go back to Trevelyan (formerly Onyx) to stop the ONI operations there thus allowing them to use Forerunner style maps.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
UltimateTT66

UltimateTT66's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASCADEYOUTH View Post
Just wondering if there will be a season 2 or if 343i is done with spartan ops for now

Perhaps they will keep spops season 2 to pay alongside halo 5 - an extra draw to buy the new console and new game...
UltimateTT66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #13
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateTT66 View Post
Perhaps they will keep spops season 2 to pay alongside halo 5 - an extra draw to buy the new console and new game...
That's how I think they'll do it.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #14
Furian

bg curator's Gamercard
Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Requiem went boom. Of course they'll need new maps.

Will there be a Season 2? My gut tells me yes.
Christ, dude. Spoiler alert?
Furian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #15
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furian View Post
-__- I would assume people who are checking this Thread actually bothered to finish Season 1. So no, not a spoiler.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #16
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   Subscriber - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
-__- I would assume people who are checking this Thread actually bothered to finish Season 1. So no, not a spoiler.
You assumed wrong. You don't need to finish something to be curious if there'll be more of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #17
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
You assumed wrong. You don't need to finish something to be curious if there'll be more of it.
Yeah, but people need to have a bit of common sense.

If you're talking about a sequel to something, it's really impossible to discuss it properly without talking about what happened at the end of the previous game.

Besides, if you actually gave a shit about the story, you can watch all the videos in about 30 minutes without playing any of the missions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD

I HAVE WRONG OPINIONS ON TITANFALL DON'T LISTEN TO ME

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:50 AM   #18
Furian

bg curator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Yeah, but people need to have a bit of common sense.

If you're talking about a sequel to something, it's really impossible to discuss it properly without talking about what happened at the end of the previous game.

Besides, if you actually gave a shit about the story, you can watch all the videos in about 30 minutes without playing any of the missions.
Other people have used spoiler alerts in this thread. It's just a common courtesy.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #19
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
Quote:
Haha i was thinking the same thing dude
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Quote:
Other people have used spoiler alerts in this thread. It's just a common courtesy.
Lol no. I stand by my convictions. That's like saying will there be a Halo 5 without playing 4. Why would someone ask or even care if there will be a sequel if they didn't play the previous one...

Common sense.

Quote:
Really? Lemons and Dark used spoiler tags? You're totally right...

Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #21
Furian

bg curator's Gamercard
I have not finished season 1. I was curious to see if there would be a season 2 before becoming too invested in it. I stand by my request for common courtesy. That was a pretty major plot point you gave away, and I am disappointed that I did not get to experience it myself.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #22
SAM 602

SAM 602's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I think it would be awesome if they made it available offline or released it on Disc to purchase for like 20 bucks, kinda like they did with Halo 2 Multiplayer maps/

I have rather enjoyed playing Spartan Ops.

I will miss the days when I can't jump on Spartan Ops because they no longer support the servers or I am with out internet for awhile...

Pipe dreams I suppose....

In timeline order
Halo Wars-58/58 100%
Halo Reach-69/69 100%
Halo: CE Anni-44/44 100%
Halo 2 Vista-41/41 100%
Halo 3-79/79 100%
Halo 3: ODST-47/47 100%
Halo Spartan Assault-8/25 32%
Halo 4-86/86 100%

SAM 602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #23
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Really? Lemons and Dark used spoiler tags? You're totally right...
Pretty sure I didn't include any spoilers in my posts actually. I made a vague mentioning that they couldn't re-use maps, but I didn't actually state why
Old 03-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #24
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Pretty sure I didn't include any spoilers in my posts actually. I made a vague mentioning that they couldn't re-use maps, but I didn't actually state why
Well still, I just feel as though these fellas need to chill. So I didn't use spoiler tags. Oh well, it's not the end of the world and they should have finished or known about SpOps Season 1 before speculating about a 2nd Season

Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #25
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I'm not taking sides here. We should've used spoilers, but he shouldn't have been so huffy about it. Everybody makes mistakes. That said, I generally don't care about spoilers. I'm the kind of guy that plays a Campaign 200 times before I'm sick of it. Obviously no mystery the 199 times after my 1st playthrough (although Halo 1, 2 and 3 still surprise me. I'm still hearing dialog I've never heard in the game or on the HBO dialog bank. Such a shame Reach and H4 ruined Grunts with their stupid alien chatter.) I'm in it for the epicosity (I totally didn't steal that word from Tobuscus, I swear.) And if for whatever particular reason I do care about a spoiler, I tend to avoid the internet until I've popped the spoil cherry myself.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #26
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm not taking sides here. We should've used spoilers, but he shouldn't have been so huffy about it. Everybody makes mistakes. That said, I generally don't care about spoilers. I'm the kind of guy that plays a Campaign 200 times before I'm sick of it. Obviously no mystery the 199 times after my 1st playthrough (although Halo 1, 2 and 3 still surprise me. I'm still hearing dialog I've never heard in the game or on the HBO dialog bank. Such a shame Reach and H4 ruined Grunts with their stupid alien chatter.) I'm in it for the epicosity (I totally didn't steal that word from Tobuscus, I swear.) And if for whatever particular reason I do care about a spoiler, I tend to avoid the internet until I've popped the spoil cherry myself.
Exactly! and I miss the Grunt chatter now that you bring it up "Ahhh! Demon!"

Old 03-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #27
Ensign Hugh Man

Dr Enword's Gamercard
All I know is my gut says, Maybe!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #28
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

I always took the fact that what we currently have now for Spartan Ops is referred to as 'Season One' as meaning there will be more in the future, under the title of 'Season Two' or possibly even more. Currently I'm in the middle of Episode 7, so I ask if anyone try to answer this, they be as vague and spoiler-free as possible.

Does the ending of Season One/Episode 10 of Spartan Ops lend itself to a second season with possibly the same number of episodes?

50k achieved 10/10/2011
Achievement: Full Recovery(50G) - Alice: Madness Returns

GTA Online Rank (3/10/2104) 43

Games 100%: 76
Latest: LEGO Harry Potter 1-4

Working on:
World of Tanks (265/400)
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel (930/1000)
GTA V (800/1000)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #29
ExtraWhippedCream

Dr Halsey 117's Gamercard
I seriously hope there is. They have included new material dealing with Halsey's future and I really hope they don't just leave it there until Halo 5.
ExtraWhippedCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #30
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post
Currently I'm in the middle of Episode 7, so I ask if anyone try to answer this, they be as vague and spoiler-free as possible.

Does the ending of Season One/Episode 10 of Spartan Ops lend itself to a second season with possibly the same number of episodes?
You wanted vague so here it is: Yes