Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
Rasp

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Games That are Hard to Find

This is something that I have recently been wondering about. And that is games that are hard to find. I have recently been attempting to track down a copy of Skate 2 and can't seem to find one under $40. However, today, on a trip to gamestop I came across a used copy for $14.99 and bought it. The guy at the counter said that I was lucky as the copy had just come in that morning and was the only one in my province (state).

I know the original Mass Effect was hard to come by until they did a reprint. I know there are probably several Japanese games, or games that few people have played. But I'm more talking about the games that when they came out, were fairly well known games, and originally had a lot of copies printed, but are just hard to come by.

And the ironic thing about Skate 2 is that its on the "Platinum Games" list.
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Skorpion XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I just downloaded Skate 2 for $15. It was/is on sale?

Edit: Yep, just checked. Still $14.99. I'm not sure if it's on sale or a price drop, but noneless it's $15 atm.

Last edited by Skorpion XBA; 02-20-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Skorpion XBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Fisheye

fisheye's Gamercard
Well, that makes me glad that I bought Skate 2 on launch.

I've heard some of the old NHL games are hard to come across. I've called all of my local GameStop's and they don't have a year earlier than 2010.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
Rasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Ravisher View Post
I just downloaded Skate 2 for $15. It was/is on sale?

Edit: Yep, just checked. Still on sale for $14.99.
I thought about doing that, but I really wanted a physical copy, and it took about a month and a half to find it, but I was beyond excited when I finally found it today. I ended up getting it for $12.48 after some coupons, an edge card and taxes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheye View Post
Well, that makes me glad that I bought Skate 2 on launch.

I've heard some of the old NHL games are hard to come across. I've called all of my local GameStop's and they don't have a year earlier than 2010.
Maybe it has something to do with I live in Canada, but my local gamestops seem to have 2 or 3 copies of all of them in their under $10 section.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
DesirableDan

DesirableDan's Gamercard
NFS Most wanted (orginal). Second hand copies are over $30.
The Incredible Hulk - Second hand go up to $30 ( I managed to get one for $10).

I been trying to get NFS MW.

Last edited by DesirableDan; 02-20-2013 at 09:05 PM.
DesirableDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
The original Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the Xbox 360 is pretty rare/expensive. Going for $40 pre-owned on Gamestop and a little less on eBay.

Glad I still have my PS2 and 360 copy of the game.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
Rasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
The original Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the Xbox 360 is pretty rare/expensive. Going for $40 pre-owned on Gamestop and a little less on eBay.

Glad I still have my PS2 and 360 copy of the game.
Its the only game I'm missing out on to complete my 360 Need For Speed collection. Have all the other games except for MW. Waiting for some dummy to put it on my local classifieds for $10 or so.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
As well-know as it is in this community, Avatar: TLA: TBE is actually somewhat rare.
"I wonder if I'm alive.... Breathe slowly. Open your eyes. Can you hear me? Look what's in front of you. An endless journey. Our end. What do you say? What do you feel? Were we ever really alive? This is the right choice. Let's switch off together. Let's float to no more. Goodbye. Goodbye to everything."
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
Floorkiller

threehaddock62's Gamercard
Skate 2 doesn't seem to be rare around here.

Some games I've looked for (Some found) that seem tough/expexive
Rock Band Country pack 1
The "Lips" DLC packs
Marvel Ultimate Allience 2
NFS MW (1st)
Some of the History Channel games
Darkest of Days- though now can be founf for 1/2 of what it was going for
Hulk
Hitman Blood Money (pre rerelease)
Namco virtual museum
Floorkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #10
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah the original Need for Speed: MW took me a while to find for a decent price. I was able to get it for $16 shipped on ebay a few months ago.

I'd assume that in a short while Too Human will be hard to get. I found the last copy at my gamestop for $2.99
Edword is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #11
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Also, Too Human will be difficult to find soon...
"I wonder if I'm alive.... Breathe slowly. Open your eyes. Can you hear me? Look what's in front of you. An endless journey. Our end. What do you say? What do you feel? Were we ever really alive? This is the right choice. Let's switch off together. Let's float to no more. Goodbye. Goodbye to everything."
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I know the Original Marvel vs Capcom 2 for xbox was really rare. They only made a limited amount of copies. It sells for over $60 on eBay.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold - Has the discontinued DLC on it. Goes for over $60 too.
Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition - $400 - $700
Fallout 3 Survival Edition - $300 - $500
Mass Effect Collectors Edition - $200 - $500
Assassins Creed 2 Master Edition - $80-$200

Those are a few that I saw on eBay recently.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 AM   #13
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Although they're not AAA titles, I can't remember the last time I saw Viva Pinata or Fuzion Frenzy 2 in any shop near me. Yes, I am looking for them for some easy gs.

Too Human I have seen plenty of copies about. I did pick up X Men Destiny as well recently. Hard as hell to find. Gonna sell it soon as I don't really care for it at all.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 AM   #14
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Beautiful Katamari. It's a Japanese game but it was released everywhere back then.

Game is 6 years old and only 1 copy left on Amazon for 30 quid..

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #15
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Raiden Fighters Aces was the hardest game for me to find. I only saw it one or two times at GameStop, but my sister got for me from Amazon for just $7. I elected never to sell the game, as I could never find it where I live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratify View Post
Also, Too Human will be difficult to find soon...
I didn't like Too Human that much, but seeing as though Silicon Knights is forced to destroy all unsold copies of the game, I might just hunt it down, it might be like, what, $5 now?
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #16
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDeathSG45 View Post
I didn't like Too Human that much, but seeing as though Silicon Knights is forced to destroy all unsold copies of the game, I might just hunt it down, it might be like, what, $5 now?
New copies have been going anywhere from thirty to fifty dollars on Amazon since the recall and destroy announcement. You can find it at Walmart, where it's thirty. I picked it up used at Best Buy for $9.99, go to their site and search the game and put in your zip code to see if one near you has it. It's also easy to find at Gamestop, where it's...drumroll...$1.49 used.

Wow, that was a ton of useless information for you.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:44 AM   #17
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
New copies have been going anywhere from thirty to fifty dollars on Amazon since the recall and destroy announcement. You can find it at Walmart, where it's thirty. I picked it up used at Best Buy for $9.99, go to their site and search the game and put in your zip code to see if one near you has it. It's also easy to find at Gamestop, where it's...drumroll...$1.49 used.

Wow, that was a ton of useless information for you.
Wow. And I though Prey was cheaper. I remember buying it for just $3. That may be the cheapest XBOX 360 game EVER
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:53 AM   #18
hupheryspangler

hupheryspangler's Gamercard
This time last year I could get Tales of Vesperia for 11.99 and now it is 39.99. The Orange Box has tripled in price as well.
hupheryspangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #19
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hupheryspangler View Post
This time last year I could get Tales of Vesperia for 11.99 and now it is 39.99. The Orange Box has tripled in price as well.
Yeah I don't know what's up with the Orange Box, that's bullshit. You can still find it alot of places for $19.99 which it should be. It's currently $53 on Amazon.

There are a number of games like this. I constantly price games online and it's crazy when you see stuff like that. I paid $33 with shipping for Tales of Vesperia a month ago just because I wanted to have it. Gamestop sells that used for $39.99, which is ridiculous because you can get it from Games On Demand for far less.

Another one worth noting is Lost Odyssey. That's $69.99 (usually it's $79.99) new. Gamestop usually have it for around ten but those jokes never have a case or cover and the shape of the discs is almost always unacceptable, atleast to me.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #20
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
the original mass effect, not platinum hits version. Also the original NFS mw game. And isnt there one of the anime games that you can get 1k in literally 10 mins also on that list
Old 02-21-2013, 03:29 AM   #21
DesirableDan

DesirableDan's Gamercard
Need some advice. I know someone that wants to trade Orginal NFS most wanted for halo 4. I know halo 4 price would drop in the future, but NFS will stay at $30+. Do you think this is a good deal.?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:32 AM   #22
StayonTarget
Angry Irishman

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I know Bully SE is extremely hard to find on disc. It's on Games on Demand however. Avatar TBE is also hard to find. But this is because of achievements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #23
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesirableDan View Post
Need some advice. I know someone that wants to trade Orginal NFS most wanted for halo 4. I know halo 4 price would drop in the future, but NFS will stay at $30+. Do you think this is a good deal.?
I would take that deal, honestly that was the last really good NFS
Old 02-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #24
bafalcon

james gadd 11's Gamercard
Im having real trouble finding Dead Space anywhere in Australian shops.
bafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #25
natho420

xDevilsMagiic's Gamercard
LEGO Indiana Jones
Call of Duty 2
LEGO Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy
The Sims 3
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues
The Simpsons
Bully: Scholarship Edition

These are hard for me to find new, & cheap.

natho420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #26
Rasp

Seeing all these posts, Im starting to believe that game rarity has a lot to do with region. I'm on the West Coast of Canada and would have no problem getting a old copy of NHL, or Dead Space, or Lego Indiana Jones. But games I can't find here, such as Skate 2, can be found other places.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #27
Skorpion XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasp View Post
Seeing all these posts, Im starting to believe that game rarity has a lot to do with region. I'm on the West Coast of Canada and would have no problem getting a old copy of NHL, or Dead Space, or Lego Indiana Jones. But games I can't find here, such as Skate 2, can be found other places.
I would say that you're correct. A lot of these games I see at GameStop all the time and cheap. I've never seen Avatar though.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #28
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

This may be another case of regional availability, but you'll have a really hard time finding a copy of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance or M:UA 2 anywhere around here. Same goes for most games released anywhere from 2007-2009. It's just sort of a dead zone for games. However one general rule, which can probably be applied anywhere, is your local EB Games or Gamestop will always be full of old sports game whose servers have been shut down, and as a result people don't want anymore, leading to a glut of them in the secondhand shops. They really shouldn't even put them out on display; no one's going to come in looking for a used copy of NBA 08 or Madden 07.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (7/31/2014) 96

Games 100%: 85
Latest: LEGO Marvel

Working on:
World of Tanks (520/600)
GTA V (890/1000)
Jumper (starting soon)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #29
Rasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Ravisher View Post
I would say that you're correct. A lot of these games I see at GameStop all the time and cheap. I've never seen Avatar though.
Funny you mention Avatar, my local Gamestop has at least 5 copies in their under $10 bin, all going for $4.99
Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #30
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Bully Scholarship edition
Tales of Vesparia
Beautiful katamari

Non platinum hits version of fallout 3 game of the year edition.

Too human

Dead space 3 dev team edition

Kingdoms of amalur reckoning, its not extremely hard to find but if you do expect to pay 25-30 for it.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote