Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #31
legreffer

legreffer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
I'm imagining the Geth Prime will be stagger proof, if so I am going to use it against Geth for all the times they've pissed me off with stun locking and staggering.
Yes he will have stagger resistance, Eric also said:

"As part of this DLC pack, we are reducing the amount of stagger that the Geth faction will perform on players. If I remember correctly, the Geth Prime pulse shots and his turret no longer stagger players. Geth Hunters are unchanged."

legreffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #32
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by legreffer View Post
"As part of this DLC pack, we are reducing the amount of stagger that the Geth faction will perform on players. If I remember correctly, the Geth Prime pulse shots and his turret no longer stagger players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legreffer View Post
Geth Hunters are unchanged.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 02-22-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #33
tom_servo

ixaigus's Gamercard
Quote:

So. Will we need to download the Citadel DLC before we download Reckoning? Or what? That isn't quite clear.
tom_servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #34
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_servo View Post
So. Will we need to download the Citadel DLC before we download Reckoning? Or what? That isn't quite clear.
Why would you need to download Citadel DLC its got nothing to with Reckoning? They don't even have the same release date.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #35
tom_servo

ixaigus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Why would you need to download Citadel DLC its got nothing to with Reckoning? They don't even have the same release date.
'Cause someone said something about the DLC being in two different parts. I don't know, maybe I read that wrong, but it seemed like you would need to download the Citadel to access the Reckoning DLC.

Like I said, maybe I read something wrong. I'm kinda stoopid like that.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #36
The Duke of Darkness

Quote:
'Cause someone said something about the DLC being in two different parts. I don't know, maybe I read that wrong, but it seemed like you would need to download the Citadel to access the Reckoning DLC.

Reckoning comes out 26th feb its free you can play it as soon as you download it.

Citadel comes out 5th march costs 1200 points and will be split into 2 downloads. Part 1 costs 1200 points, part 2 is free.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #37
tom_servo

ixaigus's Gamercard
Quote:
Reckoning comes out 26th feb its free you can play it as soon as you download it.

Citadel comes out 5th march costs 1200 points and will be split into 2 downloads. Part 1 costs 1200 points, part 2 is free.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
Oooh. Okay. So it's Citadel that's the two part download. I think I didn't read that right. I read it as Citadel being part one, and Reckoning being part two. Bleh. Blame it on tired eyes.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #38
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:

No that's only the Citadel DLC. You'll need to download it in two different parts as it's larger than MicroSoft's 2 Gb limit.

Regarding Reckoning, boy I can't wait to not unlock all that new content!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #39
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
A little interesting image from a supposedly "leaked" banner from this coming DLC:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/bnhxw

(It comes from an unreliable site, so... take it as you will! There are a few other banners like this, each featuring an alien species featured in Reckoning.)

Yes. That looks like a Collector Thrall. (Maybe that's why they've been so discrete about that last Adept...

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #40
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Few updates from the stream.

6 new characters, one is Ultra Rare (probably the Collector/Prothean Adept). Juggernaut can't be synckilled. Infiltrator has TC with shotgun damage as 6th evolution, Snap Freeze and a new defensive power. Female Turian Vanguard is all about AOE and DOT damage and has teleport dodge. Engineer has a omni bow. Krogan has a hammer and is able to regenerate health.
Picture taken from stream chat.

4 UR weapons, Venom, Punisher, Lancer and Spitfire. (Something tells me 21 mil will not be enough to unlock them. Shouldn't have stopped saving credits...)

No new maps. No new enemies. No Salarians, no Female Quarians.

2 new gear. One is hunter mode without damage boost, the other changes your melee to Batarian punch (it works on Volus...)

Last edited by esio gk; 02-25-2013 at 06:51 PM.
esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #41
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
I was going to post a summary but I think you got it down.

Trailer:

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #42
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
The Awakened Collector looks a teeny-tiny bit more interesting to me than the Juggernaut now

Also, the Lancer doesn't use Thermal Clips... so that's understandable. But damn, 4 Ultra Rares?! :/ (I only saved up 3.6 million...)

Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 AM   #43
The Duke of Darkness

BSN will call for nerfs all round as all these characters are so OP its not even funny
Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 AM   #44
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
BSN will call for nerfs all round as all these characters are so OP its not even funny
Very true lol! But I have hope that they won't get hit too hard... I mean, the Harrier still works.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #45
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
What doesn't BSN moan about though?

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 02-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #46
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
212 PSPs bought me 36 ultrarares. Particle Rifle x4, Harrier x2, Talon x1, Paladin x2, Wraith x2, Collector SMG x1, Javelin x6, Indra x3, Black Widow x1, Lancer x8, Punisher x2, Venom x4, Spitfire x0. Now everything is at 10, except Collector SMG and new ultrarares.

After playing a game with every character here are my thoughts.
Collector Adept - best new character, Dark Sphere is amazing.
Geth Soldier - with maxed shields and Cyclonic 4 he gets 11500 shields. That is the best thing about him. Hex Shield is only ocasionaly usefull, Pulse Cannon is OK.
Talon Engineer - useless when not hosting, bow hits like 30% of the time because of lag.
Krogan Sentinel - I have never been instakilled so many times during a mach. High risk, high reward I guess.
EDIbot Infiltrator - standard infiltrator with auto revive, and people thought Turian Ghost was overpowered. Very likely to be nerfed, sadly.
Cabal Vanguard - affected by lag more than other vanguards. Dodge is better than Fury/Slayer. Very Interesting

ADAS is less powerfull than I expected. Punisher is just OK, but I have it at low level. Executioner is very, very good. Haven't tried Venom, Supressor and Lancer yet.

Geth scanner is my new default gear for classes that don't need grenade gear.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #47
The Duke of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
212 PSPs bought me 36 ultrarares. Particle Rifle x4, Harrier x2, Talon x1, Paladin x2, Wraith x2, Collector SMG x1, Javelin x6, Indra x3, Black Widow x1, Lancer x8, Punisher x2, Venom x4, Spitfire x0. Now everything is at 10, except Collector SMG and new ultrarares.

After playing a game with every character here are my thoughts.
Collector Adept - best new character, Dark Sphere is amazing.
Geth Soldier - with maxed shields and Cyclonic 4 he gets 11500 shields. That is the best thing about him. Hex Shield is only ocasionaly usefull, Pulse Cannon is OK.
Talon Engineer - useless when not hosting, bow hits like 30% of the time because of lag.
Krogan Sentinel - I have never been instakilled so many times during a mach. High risk, high reward I guess.
EDIbot Infiltrator - standard infiltrator with auto revive, and people thought Turian Ghost was overpowered. Very likely to be nerfed, sadly.
Cabal Vanguard - affected by lag more than other vanguards. Dodge is better than Fury/Slayer. Very Interesting

ADAS is less powerfull than I expected. Punisher is just OK, but I have it at low level. Executioner is very, very good. Haven't tried Venom, Supressor and Lancer yet.

Geth scanner is my new default gear for classes that don't need grenade gear.
Punisher sucks if you ask me the damage between level I and X isn't alot and its shit on bronze at level I.

Juggernuat has 7600 with max shields and cyclonic 4. Cyclonic's add the % of base shields not upgraded.

We spent 35 million or so credits between the two of us and got the Spitfire once lol!

How could Bioware think EDIbot is balanced shes super powerful and has no weakness what so ever
Old 02-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #48
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Only DLC item I got was the Turian Cabal Vanguard, that was from the gift pack. (and then a PSP)

Poison Strike is downright AWFUL on console, I recommend skipping it entirely as it doesn't lock on and is hard to actually hit anything with it. Plus the points can go into making her tanky.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #49
The Duke of Darkness

Quote:
Only DLC item I got was the Turian Cabal Vanguard, that was from the gift pack. (and then a PSP)

Poison Strike is downright AWFUL on console, I recommend skipping it entirely as it doesn't lock on and is hard to actually hit anything with it. Plus the points can go into making her tanky.
Lol, I'll post here too. Were you off host? It works fine if you host just like shooting a gun but you're the bullet.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #50
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
The Collector is ridiculous. I think it's my new favorite Adept.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #51
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
My question would be why you purchased a PSP? Two reserves pack have gotten me four cards (the krogan, turian and two of the engineers, on top of the infiltrator I got from my free gift). I'd say decide what you want more first, characters or guns, then buy the special packs first, then move to the other. But maybe that's just me. :P

Eventually, maybe I'll buy the arms packs for the guns, but those I'm not in any rush for. In fact, I ended up buying the two weapons pack DLC for SP last week since I was getting tired of the same guns (and figured the Harrier would be a good fit for my current playthru RenShep), and playing with them, I thought to myself, "With how powerful this executioner pistol is, it's a good thing it's not in MP!" That was before I read anything about the weapons that were coming with this. Oops. :P
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #52
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
I bought 3.7 million credits worth of Reserves and Arsenal packs (got the Talon Engi in my Gift Pack), maxed out all the rare characters but no Collector :/

Got the Executioner VII, Adas VI, Suppressor III and the Geth Spitfire I.

The Talon Engineer's Omni Bow is... underwhelming, but I absolutely love the Cain Mines (Everything else is "meh", to me... even the Juggernaut )

Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #53
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Meh, I was expecting more from this pack. The new characters are decent overall, but that's about all there is to it.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #54
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
My question would be why you purchased a PSP? Two reserves pack have gotten me four cards (the krogan, turian and two of the engineers, on top of the infiltrator I got from my free gift). I'd say decide what you want more first, characters or guns, then buy the special packs first, then move to the other. But maybe that's just me. :P

Eventually, maybe I'll buy the arms packs for the guns, but those I'm not in any rush for. In fact, I ended up buying the two weapons pack DLC for SP last week since I was getting tired of the same guns (and figured the Harrier would be a good fit for my current playthru RenShep), and playing with them, I thought to myself, "With how powerful this executioner pistol is, it's a good thing it's not in MP!" That was before I read anything about the weapons that were coming with this. Oops. :P
I have better luck with PSP and SP.

Reinforced last night because I got Krogan Warlord and Anti Synthetic rifle from back to back SP's.

Also Krogan Warlord is the bomb.

Quote:
Lol, I'll post here too. Were you off host? It works fine if you host just like shooting a gun but you're the bullet.
I never host, not because I can't but because no one ever joins/takes forever to join my lobby. I'll give it another shot on host .

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 02-27-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #55
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
I got the GETH JUGGERNAUT, very slow but also very powerful.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #56
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
I got the GETH JUGGERNAUT, very slow but also very powerful.
Same. I was expecting a big melee attack with him but his shield absorption is sweet.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #57
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Quote:
Juggernuat has 7600 with max shields and cyclonic 4. Cyclonic's add the % of base shields not upgraded.
Didn't know that. Still its a lot of shields. And if you add 40% damage resistance from Siege Pulse you still get over 10k shields.

Got the Spitfire. Worthless. Geth Pulse Rifle on streoids. Horrible accuracy, annoying screenshake, annoying sound. Takes forever to kill anything big. Typhoon is better in every way, maybe except clip size.

Suppressor is pointless. Even if I get a headshot I cant take down shields or health in 1 shot. Am I missing something?

Venom is very good, makes cerberus very easy. 2 charged shots kill a Phantom. Best gun in the DLC.

Punisher and ADAS got the Krysea treatment. There is no reason to choose Punisher over Hurricane and ADAS=Striker.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #58
mark197205

mark197205's Gamercard
4 million credits all spent on psp's got me all the new characters maxed, adas I-X, Executioner I-X, M-11 I-X, SMG magnifier I-V, Sniper ultralight I-V, pistol magnifier I-IV, Geth scanner I-V, Batarian gauntlet I-V, Scorpion IV-V, Venom I, Talon IX and Black Widow II. I also got some level IV consumables.

Games at 100% = 9 (8 retail, 1 XBLA)
Games being worked on = A few..
mark197205 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #59
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
Same. I was expecting a big melee attack with him but his shield absorption is sweet.
That heavy melee laughs at bosses, watch as Banshees teleport straight to death.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 02-28-2013, 12:21 AM   #60
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
For those of you (like me) that have had trouble completing the solo Platinum extraction, try the Alliance Infiltration Unit @_@

She's... awesomely broken. INFINITE MEDIGELS FTW (At least until they nerf her, which they will for sure. )