PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #61
tigersrule
 
tigersrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,611

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
For those of you (like me) that have had trouble completing the solo Platinum extraction, try the Alliance Infiltration Unit @_@

She's... awesomely broken. INFINITE MEDIGELS FTW (At least until they nerf her, which they will for sure. )
She has infinite medi-gels? Also, how many credits do you get for a platinum game?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I've never been to California, but it's going to be a shame that my first trip out there will be mostly me kicking your ass.
Community Blogs | Ambassadors | Community Gaming | Artist of the Month

tigersrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #62
Hagane
 
Hagane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vegas'
Posts: 937

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersrule View Post
She has infinite medi-gels? Also, how many credits do you get for a platinum game?
Repair Matrix seems to be bugged, it's supposed to get you back up ONCE per game- but it seems to happen every single time you have it active. (Yay for underdogs finally being able to do Platinum solo!)

Depends, if you have a nice team and you get all the objects done quickly- around 135k-ish?

EDIT:

Damn, just unlocked the Collector Adept... and I must say- uber satisfying.

When you stack the SMG/Pistol Power mod, Ascension Stance, Biotic Gear, and Power Equip- you can nuke Gold spawns with Dark Sphere.

@_@
__________________

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.

Last edited by Hagane; 02-28-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #63
The Duke of Darkness
 
The Duke of Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,891

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
Repair Matrix seems to be bugged, it's supposed to get you back up ONCE per game- but it seems to happen every single time you have it active. (Yay for underdogs finally being able to do Platinum solo!)
It's suppose to work everytime you have it active. Why would they have an evolution that gives you 75% damage reduction for 5 seconds when getting up if it only worked once the entire game?

Most people have trouble soloing Plat because of sync kills from what I've read on BSN and what people I've played with have said.

Repair Matrix doesn't work for sync kills...
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #64
Hagane
 
Hagane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vegas'
Posts: 937

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
It's suppose to work everytime you have it active. Why would they have an evolution that gives you 75% damage reduction for 5 seconds when getting up if it only worked once the entire game?

Most people have trouble soloing Plat because of sync kills from what I've read on BSN and what people I've played with have said.

Repair Matrix doesn't work for sync kills...
I doubt that it's meant to work "forever", that just seems a little ridiculous xD

But hey, if that's what the devs want- I have no problem at all! (The again, they've been wrong before... and look at the Talon's crossbow, broken in the opposite way that Repair Matrix is. )
__________________

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #65
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Unlocked EDI yesterday, holy crap is she good.
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #66
The Duke of Darkness
 
The Duke of Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,891

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
I doubt that it's meant to work "forever", that just seems a little ridiculous xD

But hey, if that's what the devs want- I have no problem at all! (The again, they've been wrong before... and look at the Talon's crossbow, broken in the opposite way that Repair Matrix is. )
I just watched the livestream and Eric said it revives you once per cast, so working as intended

They lied about the geth fix, not sure about Primes but the Drone still staggers the shit out of you.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #67
PimplyPete
 
PimplyPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Home of the Brave
Posts: 553

PimplyPete's Gamercard
Here's a Collector Hybrid build for anyone that's interested, this setup will make him deal a ton of damage while keeping him somewhat tanky. Let me know what you guys think.

Dark Sphere - 4a/5b
Seeker Swarm - 4a/5a/6a
Dark Channel - 3
Ancient Warrior - 4b/5a/6a
Firness - 4b/5a/6b

__________________
PimplyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:50 AM   #68
Hagane
 
Hagane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vegas'
Posts: 937

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
I just watched the livestream and Eric said it revives you once per cast, so working as intended

They lied about the geth fix, not sure about Primes but the Drone still staggers the shit out of you.
Platinum objectives class it is then! (I guess they just wanted to give the Turian/Geth Infiltrators a good run for their money.)

And yes, the Geth still stun-lock you do death. x_x

Geth Hunters- shotgun stunlock/shield gates ignored, Geth Primes- triple "Siege Pulse" stunlock, Geth Rocket Troopers- rocket stunlock/double tap, Geth Pyro- elbow of doom/health and shield gates ignored, Geth Bomber- taser stunlock... nothing's changed. (Hell, at least change the Geth Primes COMBAT DRONE to not have 100% stun with it's attack!)
__________________

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:59 AM   #69
Sqeagy
 
Sqeagy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 444

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Found a glitch with the Krogan Warlord. Apparently, after upgrading his skills after unlocking him, leveling him up once from 18 to 19 gave me 72 more skill points, so all my skills have all 6 slots filled.
Sqeagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #70
Hagane
 
Hagane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vegas'
Posts: 937

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
Found a glitch with the Krogan Warlord. Apparently, after upgrading his skills after unlocking him, leveling him up once from 18 to 19 gave me 72 more skill points, so all my skills have all 6 slots filled.
That's the Character Card glitch, if you get multiple class character cards from a crate and you happen to have a leveled character from that same class with some points assigned- you may be able to get extra points.

It was supposed to have been fixed some time ago
__________________

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #71
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
I just watched the livestream and Eric said it revives you once per cast, so working as intended

They lied about the geth fix, not sure about Primes but the Drone still staggers the shit out of you.
They still stagger noticed that straight away. Also you know they are straight up bullshit when a Rocket Trooper shoots you out of his back while shooting a team mate. *slow clap*
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #72
KriugerisLT
 
KriugerisLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 1,276

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The Geth Juggernaut is just ridiculous. Cannot get sync killed, doesn't stagger and has a melee attack that drains hp/armor/shields/barriers and restores his own shields. 50% damage reduction with Siege Pulse. It's just so fun to play with him. You can tackle 2 banshees and a brute on Gold with him and just laugh at them, because they can't do shit to you.

Only thing bad about him is the Hex shield. I found it useless. Kept it at 3, because it's still worthwhile to some degree. Like when hacking a node or protecting the item carrier.

I can already imagine. 3 Geth Juggernauts and a Volus farming Platinum on ANY map, lol.
__________________

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 03-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #73
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
The Geth Juggernaut is just ridiculous. Cannot get sync killed, doesn't stagger and has a melee attack that drains hp/armor/shields/barriers and restores his own shields. 50% damage reduction with Siege Pulse. It's just so fun to play with him. You can tackle 2 banshees and a brute on Gold with him and just laugh at them, because they can't do shit to you.

I can already imagine. 3 Geth Juggernauts and a Volus farming Platinum on ANY map, lol.
I'm hoping to unlock him before next weeks balance changes, the EDI bot is the first time I've been able to play a "OP" class seeing as I usually unlock them just after they've been hit with nerf shots.
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #74
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,561

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The Juggernaut does stagger a bit if hit with enough force, but you never get stun locked. Also the DR is only 40% with the proper evolutions. His Heavy Melee is a bitch to use unless you're hosting as well. His damage output is terrible and his slow speed can get really annoying if you're playing a mobile map.

Far from a perfect class, but still really fun. Hopped into a Platinum/Rio/Reaper game and I was more or less the distraction, standing in front of the hole and tanking the hits thanks to his Heavy Melee and Geth Sentry. The Hex Shield helped on objective waves.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 03-01-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #75
KriugerisLT
 
KriugerisLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 1,276

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Talon merc and Cabal Vanguard are probably the weakest of the bunch. Don't know about others, but the Cabal Vanguard just felt weak. A pseudo biotic charge with no shield recharge? Really? It's cool though, that you can use it without targeting an enemy. Useful GTFO ability, but other than that, it's pretty useless. The biotic buff is the only good thing about her. Her melee is also decent, but nowhere near as good as let's say a Krogan's. Her poison damage gimmick is also worthless.

Haven't tried the Talon merc yet, but from what I heard he's also pretty weak. The only good thing about him that I heard of, are those mines that do great damage and you can place 3 of them. Pretty much a tactical character to build killzones for your other team members. Might give him a go and see if he changes my mind.

So far, only the Turian female is pretty disappointing.
__________________

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 03-01-2013 at 02:36 PM.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #76
pined5551
 
pined5551's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,139

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Any idea if this will have a GOTY/Complete Edition with everything on disc, later in the future?
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #77
Inebriated Jedi
 
Inebriated Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dantooine
Posts: 2,146
Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
Any idea if this will have a GOTY/Complete Edition with everything on disc, later in the future?
There hasn't been any for the previous games, so I highly doubt it.
__________________

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #78
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post

Haven't tried the Talon merc yet, but from what I heard he's also pretty weak. The only good thing about him that I heard of, are those mines that do great damage and you can place 3 of them. Pretty much a tactical character to build killzones for your other team members. Might give him a go and see if he changes my mind.

So far, only the Turian female is pretty disappointing.
The mines are the best part about the Merc, most people have said the bow was a bit of a disappointment/weak.
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #79
Hagane
 
Hagane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vegas'
Posts: 937

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
The Juggernaut does stagger a bit if hit with enough force, but you never get stun locked. Also the DR is only 40% with the proper evolutions. His Heavy Melee is a bitch to use unless you're hosting as well. His damage output is terrible and his slow speed can get really annoying if you're playing a mobile map.

Far from a perfect class, but still really fun. Hopped into a Platinum/Rio/Reaper game and I was more or less the distraction, standing in front of the hole and tanking the hits thanks to his Heavy Melee and Geth Sentry. The Hex Shield helped on objective waves.
Juggernaut revolutionized Platinum matches though, he's doing what no other character has been able to successfully do in the past: tank.

I slapped on a Cyclonic Modulator IV, Cryo Rounds III, Stronghold Package V and my Particle Rifle on a Giant/Hazard Platinum match this morning... and let me tell you, I only went down once when we were doing an objective xD He freakin' great at attracting aggro while your teammates finish off whatever it is that's trying to kill you. (Bonus points if you have a Volus with you, in which case- BOOM, full-on ironclad defenses. )

Of course, that playstyle could be understandably boring for some people.
__________________

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #80
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Alliance Infiltration Unit is powerful but the Repair Matrix doesn't seem to work from time to time. Last night I had it active, went down and activated it as I got back up only to be stun locked and slapped back down. No biggie except the RM did nothing.

Lag possibly but it was active for a good couple seconds.
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #81
KriugerisLT
 
KriugerisLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 1,276

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Repair Matrix is unpredictable sometimes. When I was playing with her, activated it, got sync killed by a Phantom, but the ability used up like a medi-gel, and I was up and about again. Even though people said that it doesn't protect from sync kills, somehow it protected me. No clue, maybe I lucked out or lag helped me out, but that's not possible, because I hosted that match. I host a lot, because I often get a full lobby in ~1-5mins time. Especially on Gold/Platinum.
__________________
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #82
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
Repair Matrix is unpredictable sometimes. When I was playing with her, activated it, got sync killed by a Phantom, but the ability used up like a medi-gel, and I was up and about again. Even though people said that it doesn't protect from sync kills, somehow it protected me. No clue, maybe I lucked out or lag helped me out, but that's not possible, because I hosted that match. I host a lot, because I often get a full lobby in ~1-5mins time. Especially on Gold/Platinum.
Another funny/useful thing about Repair Matrix is it enables you to survive the Reactor hazard on FB: Reactor. I happened to run in just as my friend pressed the button and I went down but as the doors opened I got right back up again, superb.
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #83
demonocracy
 
demonocracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK.
Posts: 48

juujiro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
The Geth Juggernaut is just ridiculous. Cannot get sync killed, doesn't stagger and has a melee attack that drains hp/armor/shields/barriers and restores his own shields.
I swear I've been slightly staggered by Banshees. Only Banshees. Otherwise, the only things capable of knocking down the Juggernaut for me has been a Turret I might not have seen or a group of Ravagers.

I have to say I enjoy being the Juggernaut because it saves some of my... uh... otherwise reckless teammates from repeatedly getting sync killed. I'm actually having fun distracting Primes, zapping their shields with melee while a group of Krogan Warlords smash him from behind. I normally hate tanky characters but this guy... I love him.
demonocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #84
CIF
 
CIF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 898

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
I quite like the Cabal. She moves almost as fast as a Drell (esp w/ Biotic Focus), can have 900/1425 H/B, and teleports more easily than the Fury (one of my favorite characters). Heavy melee is a hybrid of Fury/Slayer and Shadow Strike. Rank 6 of Biotic Focus gives you 40% barrier back instantly (which is enough most of the time) and the power gives damage reduction anyways. Poison Strike not locking on is a blessing in disguise since you can use it whenever, and used right you can "dance" around boss enemies. She definitely suffers on the more open maps, but on White, Glacier, Goddess...oh boy. Play smart, don't venture too far off, and host if possible, like all Vanguards.
__________________
Completed games

Last edited by CIF; 03-02-2013 at 09:22 PM.
CIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #85
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonocracy View Post
I swear I've been slightly staggered by Banshees. Only Banshees. Otherwise, the only things capable of knocking down the Juggernaut for me has been a Turret I might not have seen or a group of Ravagers.

I have to say I enjoy being the Juggernaut because it saves some of my... uh... otherwise reckless teammates from repeatedly getting sync killed. I'm actually having fun distracting Primes, zapping their shields with melee while a group of Krogan Warlords smash him from behind. I normally hate tanky characters but this guy... I love him.
He can be staggered, it is very small though and takes a lot IIRC.
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #86
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,561

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
He can be staggered, it is very small though and takes a lot IIRC.
I noticed that it doesn't take an absurd amount (on par with Krogan/Batarians I assume), but you have to be standing still. I can stand in front of a Banshee and be "staggered" by her melee again and again, but if I start shooting or using Heavy Melee it doesn't interrupt me. Kind of weird.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #87
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
I noticed that it doesn't take an absurd amount (on par with Krogan/Batarians I assume), but you have to be standing still. I can stand in front of a Banshee and be "staggered" by her melee again and again, but if I start shooting or using Heavy Melee it doesn't interrupt me. Kind of weird.
That is bizarre, the short story is that 9/10 he gives no fucks which is fantastic.
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #88
Opiate42
 
Opiate42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel
Posts: 7,184

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
The mines are the best part about the Merc, most people have said the bow was a bit of a disappointment/weak.
The omnibow is absolutely useless.

The Talon Merc was my freebie, and I want my money back.
__________________
"It's 5000 miles to the Vale, we got a horse, a tiny sword, winter is coming, and we're wearing boiled leather"

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #89
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
The omnibow is absolutely useless.

The Talon Merc was my freebie, and I want my money back.
I dodged the bullet but didn't get much better in the gift pack, Cabal Vanguard. I've got the Talon and Geth Jug to unlock from this DLC (Along with a handful of older ones...looking at you GETH TROOPER.)
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam


Last edited by Burnout x360a; 03-04-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #90
Hagane
 
Hagane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vegas'
Posts: 937

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
The omnibow is absolutely useless.

The Talon Merc was my freebie, and I want my money back.
I spec into Concussive Arrows for crowd-control and armor weakening If you treat it more as a novelty and less like an integral part of the Talon Merc (like Bioware falsely misrepresents in the trailer/their posts) then he's pretty decent

The Mines of course, are by far- his best trait. (I also got the Talon Merc out of my Gift Box, I'm not angered by it. He's one of my favorite Engineers now.)
__________________

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45 AM.