Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dishonored
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Question about Ghost

I tried to find this and couldnt. I just finished Chapter 2 and it showed I didnt have any alerts but the box for Ghost was not checked. IS there a difference between alarms and alerting people? I would hate to have to start over due to this but I think I probably will have to. I could have sworn I was being careful but I guess I must have alerted someone without knowing. If someone could answer this for me I would appreciate it. Bascially the question is "does the box for Ghost have to be checked at the end of a chapter to get the ghost achievement?" Thanks.
davidmerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
Daisho87

Daisho87's Gamercard
I had the same problem getting the ghost box checked after mission 2. I simply replayed the mission to get it. I do believe that the box has to be checked for the achievement to pop. I would imagine that box is there for you to know if you're on the right track.
Daisho87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
I think its okay if they are briefly alerted when they have the white lightning bolts over their head (the fewer the better). For Ghost though, I think if they turn red and/or shout to their friends that's what ruins it.

Honestly I save before I tranquilize somebody, then spend the runes that when you tranq somebody their body disappears. That's the best I can offer up.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #4
Daisho87

Daisho87's Gamercard
Agreed. They can have any number of the white bolts above their heads. That doesn't count as them being alerted. They are alerted when the bolts turn red and "break". They will chase after you and call for their friends. When they have the white bolts they will still call out sometimes, so it can be hard to tell the difference sometimes.
Daisho87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
Lord-nimod

nimod1's Gamercard
i just completed the game and got ghost on every mission, but the ghost and shadow achivement did not pop. and i am 100 % sure that no one was alert, if any of you have the same problem let me know.
Lord-nimod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
KrilleRuth

Mr Skak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-nimod View Post
i just completed the game and got ghost on every mission, but the ghost and shadow achivement did not pop. and i am 100 % sure that no one was alert, if any of you have the same problem let me know.
That happened to me too. But I got a random kill somewhere instead of detection. All missions shows both boxes checked and "ghost" and "clean hands" did not pop. The other related achievements did pop, like no detection and no upgrade. No idea where I messed up as it doesn't show I killed anyone on any of the missions.

Edit: could have something to do with the intermission between mission 2 and 3 where you come across some weepers, only part where you don't get to see stats at the end.

Last edited by KrilleRuth; 05-06-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Spellcheck etc.
KrilleRuth is offline   Reply With Quote