Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback > FAQ
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
CrimsonBohemian

CrimsonBohemian's Gamercard
Custom Avatars?

Ok so kinda new to the whole forum thing, and I finally got my signature to work with movements and all!

So I was wondering about "custom avatars"? I see images I would like to post but it says the limit is 100x100 or 19.6 KB (whichever is smaller). I'm seeing people with fuller sized avatars, so is there something I can do? On a side note can avatars be gifs as well or just jpeg?

Also can we have more than one sig? I kinda wanna put something with my GT next to Buffy...
Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBohemian View Post
So I was wondering about "custom avatars"? I see images I would like to post but it says the limit is 100x100 or 19.6 KB (whichever is smaller). I'm seeing people with fuller sized avatars, so is there something I can do? On a side note can avatars be gifs as well or just jpeg?
Subscribers get a slightly larger limit of 150x150 (unsure about file size), that may be what you're seeing.

Avatars can be gifs, but most gifs are going to be too large for the restrictions.

Quote:
Also can we have more than one sig? I kinda wanna put something with my GT next to Buffy...
You can have multiple signature images, but all your images combined need to fit within the restrictions (500x300).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
Kairi
Mod / Guide & Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
The bigger avatars are for subscribers only. The avatars can be gifs as long as they are 100x100 and under the 19.8 Kb limit.

As for the sigs, you can have more than one. However, everything put together can not exceed the 500x300 size limit.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Ok so kinda new to the whole forum thing, and I finally got my signature to work with movements and all!

to get the fuller sized avatar image, you need to subscribe, it is one of the many perks. if you are interested, CLICK HERE TO BEGIN.

as for your signature, i think you can have as many as you want, so long as it is within the total size limit.

EDIT: ninja'd by 5 minutes! how embarrassing, that it took me so long to type

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
CrimsonBohemian

CrimsonBohemian's Gamercard
Thanks for the heads up guys...any tips on maybe where is a good place to make sure I can get avatars that fit? (or a way for me to resize them?)
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up guys...any tips on maybe where is a good place to make sure I can get avatars that fit? (or a way for me to resize them?)
Usually any picture you place for your avatar will be resized by itself.

If you want to do it on your own you can use programs like Photoshop, Gimp, etc. to resize it
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote