PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > DmC: Devil May Cry
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #1
CrimsonBohemian

CrimsonBohemian's Gamercard
Different but a refreashing character (Kat)?

So I loved this game. I mean so much more than I thought I would! I'll be honest I was skeptical about the "new" Dante but I actually found him quiet enjoyable...despite a few moments of painful dialogue.

But I'm not here to talk about the angel-demon hybrid. I'm actually here to talk about Kat, Dante's human witch companion. Now I think it's really interesting that the developers wanted to break a pattern of reoccurring women in the series. Ya know dark mysterious women, with a troubled past, who tries to go toe to toe with Dante; for the most part the women of the DMC series are physically strong individuals but Trish, Lucia, and Lady all seem to be written the same way.

That why I liked Kat, she was different. She plays the quintessential support character who knows more than Dante and provides all these little things that he couldn't have survived without. Although she lacks physical skills like being able to slaughter massive amounts of demons, she make up for it with personality, depth, and subtle charm. But ya know what...she develops! Yes Dante and Virgil evolve too, but I feel if Kat wasn't present there would be something noticeably missing from the game.

Thoughts on this?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
phobzy85

Send a message via MSN to phobzy85

Phobzy85's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
She was a nice touch to the game and quite an interesting character. Especially being able to somewhat astral project herself to and from limbo. She was definitely a nice support character. Played well with the story.

phobzy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
conel33

Salaryman CP's Gamercard
I agree. Kat was a refreshing take on the DMC lead female. I really liked the way they developed the relationship between her and Dante, just like I really liked how they developed Dante's feelings for his mum over the flashbacks.

I love the old DMC games but the small amount of story in them is pretty terrible, especially the first two, re watching the cutscenes for those games on the HD collection was just painful.

I'm really glad they were finally able to integrate a decent story and good support characters into a DMC game after all these years.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
CrimsonBohemian

CrimsonBohemian's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by conel33 View Post
I agree. Kat was a refreshing take on the DMC lead female. I really liked the way they developed the relationship between her and Dante, just like I really liked how they developed Dante's feelings for his mum over the flashbacks.

I love the old DMC games but the small amount of story in them is pretty terrible, especially the first two, re watching the cutscenes for those games on the HD collection was just painful.

I'm really glad they were finally able to integrate a decent story and good support characters into a DMC game after all these years.

Agreed Beaker...