PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #31
CaptCommando4

CaptCommando4's Gamercard
Just thought you might want to add the No Damage achievements to the Gliched/Glitchy section. After the patch I beat Minstral, Sundowner, and Jetstream Sam all with S rankings and had the "No Damage" pop up during the fight summary.

However the only achievement I got was the one for Sundowner and I dismissed the Minstral fight since I figured it was possible one of the dwarfs dropped some health and I simply missed it.

That was proved wrong when I completed the Jetstream Sam fight 3 times with No Damage and the achievement didn't pop. Was ready to sell the game, but finally found a thread that detailed a possible problem with restarts and the new patch.

I deleted the patch and 2:22 later I beat Jetstream Sam without taking any damage and had the achievement pop right away.

This problem might not apply to everyone since there haven't been a whole lot of posts about it, but it might be worth mentioning in the guide. Wish Konami/P+ would just tell us what exactly that patch changed.

Thanks for all the work on the guide.

Cheers!
CaptCommando4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #32
AuraSoldier313

AuraSoldier313's Gamercard
The Politics of Silencing Foes (Hard, no damage Sen. Armstrong). It's uploading right now and should be available in an hour or so.

Had a real hassle with this one; not with the fight, but the footage. I use After Effects to edit and occasionally my captures won't record at 59.94fps, and instead drop to something like 59.910fps etc. Sometimes I can tweak the framerate and it'll sync back up and it's all fine, but occasionally the footage is broken a bit too much, so it gives me an error and I can't do a thing with it in AE, so I have to start all over again and capture from scratch.

Guess how many captures I went through till I got one that worked? Five. Needless to say, I'm not particular happy with how that turned out. But guide's made, that is what's important.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #33
zidanezaith

AcecatZaith's Gamercard
Yo!!! great guide you have posted..
Wanna help you a bit... For the achievement "What doesn't kill you.." I found the easiest spot to get it is when fighting Mosom.. When he launches the attack when he rolls and slashes you.. mostly all of the attacks can be blocked easily.. Tried this on easy and normal and was the same result... Achievement popping up!!!..
Hope it helps a little
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #34
Farbodkain

Farb0dkain's Gamercard
hi,i have one question about this "Ich Liebe Kapitalismus!" one!i had Term "Complete" Front of every item in customize list except main.i purchase every item in this section but not upgrade all of them.and in this guide said dont need.in fact i don't get this achievment yet.appreciate anyone to help me to figure it out.3 Achievment Remain and this "Ich Liebe Kapitalismus!" one of three.Thanks a lot
Farbodkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #35
xXSARKURDZz

xXSARKURDZz's Gamercard
Just got "becoming the lighting god" achievement
now it's time for easy ones
thanks for the guide
xXSARKURDZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #36
Alcomoney

Tactical XR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farbodkain View Post
hi,i have one question about this "Ich Liebe Kapitalismus!" one!i had Term "Complete" Front of every item in customize list except main.i purchase every item in this section but not upgrade all of them.and in this guide said dont need.in fact i don't get this achievment yet.appreciate anyone to help me to figure it out.3 Achievment Remain and this "Ich Liebe Kapitalismus!" one of three.Thanks a lot
Finishing all the VR missions with a 1st place score gets you the HF Long sword, which is what I assume you're missing.

NANOMACHINES, SON. - Senator Armstrong
Alcomoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #37
ShadowBuster

ShadowKnight X7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMANNY FRE5Hx View Post
Can you get the s rank achievement by s ranking the levels out of order? For example I did not s rank 000 but plan to s rank 001 then go back and s rank 000. Does this void the achievement? Thanks.
You can rank the leves in any order you want, but you have to go and beat the last level for the complete ranking on revengeance difficulty that means..going through senator armstrong again
ShadowBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #38
ShadowBuster

ShadowKnight X7's Gamercard
Also does needing a really cheap tactic for armstrong on revengeance difficulty and also getting the S rank on him...i know a really cheap way to beat him, you need the infinite wig B.

1st) As the battle starts go into ripper mode and hit him with some heavy strikes before he punches the ground, when he's about to punch the ground dodge it A+X, then try to attack him as quick as possible to stun him, try to launch him in the air with Upx2+X.

2.) when he's in the air go into blade mode and start slashing him DONT STOP slashing him till he gets up, he should have at least 100% health..then he will go to that recovery mode, blade mode that and break it.

3.) Repeat the first process..

4.) When he has 10%health he will jump to throw the giant pillars at you, if your good at cutting the do that, if you completely suck at cutting things in blade mode with the right thumbstick (like me) you can towards him and slide under the things he throws, by then he should attack you with his final move leading to the quick time events..and your done
ShadowBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #39
Farbodkain

Farb0dkain's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcomoney View Post
Finishing all the VR missions with a 1st place score gets you the HF Long sword, which is what I assume you're missing.
i fineshed the VR with 1st place.and i had HF Long sword but i don't get this achievment yet.this game had a lot of glitch.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #40
mnwlkr

Mnwlkr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehapoc View Post

A Lover, Not a Fighter - 20
Successfully complete 10 No Kill battles during story mode.
  • In order to obtain this, you need to purchase the wooden katana or the stun blade. Equip this as your main weapon, unequip your secondary weapon and then proceed through some of the early missions of the game and you should obtain this.

This is not exactly right.
While the wooden sword is a much easier way to do, you can in fact use any swords for this.

Just use your sword to disable the cyborgs in a battle.
By "disable", the easiest way is to cut off at least one of their legs.
Then just walk away from them. They will disappear after some time.
UG seems to be okay to destroy for me.
mnwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #41
Punisher294

FrankCastle492's Gamercard
Is it true that using the fox blade isn't recommended for the Revengeance S ranking run, because using it lowers your score or something?

Punisher294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #42
Lumen18
Banned User

Quote:
i fineshed the VR with 1st place.and i had HF Long sword but i don't get this achievment yet.this game had a lot of glitch.
Of course you didn't get it. You NEED the upgrades too for the achievement; then it will unlock.

Fox Blade doesn't lower the score (not that I know anyway), it's just that it kills enemies a bit too fast and this may cause you to miss all Zandatsus, which translates (if combined with a short max combo) to an A Rank despite No Damage bonuses.
Lumen18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #43
Milo FTW

Milo FTW's Gamercard
great guide

if i can voice my opinion i'd suggest stating which missions each achievement is earned in. for example which mission is the dwarf gekko achievement in. over all great guide
Old 03-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #44
Farbodkain

Farb0dkain's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumen18 View Post
Of course you didn't get it. You NEED the upgrades too for the achievement; then it will unlock.

Fox Blade doesn't lower the score (not that I know anyway), it's just that it kills enemies a bit too fast and this may cause you to miss all Zandatsus, which translates (if combined with a short max combo) to an A Rank despite No Damage bonuses.
No i did not.after update MGR and then go to Customize items and give me the Achievment without complete the all upgrade weapons.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #45
Lumen18
Banned User

I'll try with the update and see if it works, thanks.
-
Confirmed: with the Title Update you won't need the upgrades on the weapons. So this TU is not all bad after all

Last edited by Lumen18; 03-03-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #46
Alcomoney

Tactical XR's Gamercard
Quote:
Did you collect all the Data Storage, MIB and Left Arms? Those unlock weapons as well and you should have a total of seven main weapons not counting any DLC.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #47
Punisher294

One more question, if i get S on all the ranked matches of a mission except one and finish the stage, do i have to do all them all over again on S to get S ranking for the entire mission?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #48
Alcomoney

Tactical XR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher294 View Post
One more question, if i get S on all the ranked matches of a mission except one and finish the stage, do i have to do all them all over again on S to get S ranking for the entire mission?
I've seen someone say that it wasn't possible to do that. I assume you'll have to get an S all over again, that's what I did.

Getting an S isn't difficult anyway once you have all the upgrades and such to help you.

But, I haven't tried getting an S on a ranked fight I missed and have it accumulate with my previous scores... So I can't be certain.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #49
Punisher294

Its just the area when i play with the dwarf gekko in R-02, i kept getting an A no matter how fast i got to the vent :/ drove me nuts so i just left it.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #50
Lumen18
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcomoney View Post
I've seen someone say that it wasn't possible to do that. I assume you'll have to get an S all over again, that's what I did.
Your assumption is correct. C'mon people, just how lazy are you getting?

Regarding Dwarf Gekko, you are either not being fast enough or you are taking damage. From your rank, I'd say you are being too slow. Restarting won't work as usual in that "fight".
Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #51
Punisher294

first i went around cheering the other gekkos, after i got that achievement i restarted, which I assume is what you mean by restarting wont work, good to know, thanks One more thing, for some reason i have all the IDs (Left arms) in the collection but the achievement didn't unlock, do i have to finish the entire chapter or something?

Edit: And now with the VR Missions as well, i hunted down the last computer and have all the VR missions unlocked, no achievement

Last Edit: Yup, had to finish a chapter, any chapter.

Last edited by Punisher294; 03-03-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #52
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'll make some changes to the guide after I finish some work. I know I've been neglecting it a little bit.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #53
Farbodkain

Farb0dkain's Gamercard
I finally Get GOD Achievment.Thanks Alot "Alcomoney" and "tehapoc"
Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #54
Hammodi

Hammodi's Gamercard
I just got enemy specific achievements in one playthrough.... once you kill the enemy press start and restart and it should count
Old 03-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #55
lighthouse777

starlight777's Gamercard
Tearing Away the Disguise - 20
Destroy all of the humanoid Dwarf Gekkos during story mode.
  • This achievement is fairly buggy. Community speculation has set some parameters for unlocking this achievement. In order to unlock it, you need to play from mission R02 to R07 without quiting out. I believe the achievement should unlock upon completion of the mission.
ok i got this without an issue

the last two will disappear on you if you cause an alert
and i bet thats the reason some are not getting this

you do not have to play thru without stopping as i stopped and quit out at each level

the very last one i used a box and as soon as i got up to it, i killed it
but the one prior to that is much harder to keep from disappearing
i did the box up to the right side of the gekko

you move down a lane and to a set of stairs
the gekko is on the grass at the bottom
but if you start an alert, he will disappear
i tried 4 times, but i finally got him
as i said, i used a box, down the lane, down the stairs to the right of the gekko
there is a stand
i could come out of the box with no alert
but if i moved towards him.. instant alet and he disappeared
if you watch you can see him do that
so instead when i got to that stand i used a rocket launcher
had to do it twice
but for whatever reason no one saw me
this is how i did that one

and the very last one i just used a box right up to him
got out and killed him
i guess i was far enough away not to cause an alert

now as for those left hand collectibles.. i give up

ps i have the strategy guide so i knew that the last two gekkos will disappear
and was prepared.. also you need to finish the chapter for it to credit

Last edited by lighthouse777; 03-13-2013 at 04:18 PM.
lighthouse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #56
lighthouse777

starlight777's Gamercard
oh i played on EASY to get all the collectibles out of the way

so you can get them on easy

see my gamertag starlight777 if you want proof

i always start on easy if the game has collectibles
did that with crysis 3 then finished it on super soldier
i just do not want to be distracted finding stuff

and i really hate collectibles
lighthouse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #57
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah, never doubted yours or anyones ability to get the collectibles on easy difficulty. Running through on easy difficulty is fairly pointless, though. It's an extra playthrough that's really unnecessary and doesn't really teach you how to block/parry properly. Plus, there aren't really any incentives to playthrough on easy as you don't really earn any beneficial items for completing the story mode on that difficulty.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #58
Binshmayyl

Bin Shmayyl's Gamercard
oh god this game is so hard .. thanks for the guide
Binshmayyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #59
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher294 View Post
Is it true that using the fox blade isn't recommended for the Revengeance S ranking run, because using it lowers your score or something?
No. Who said that or are you making shit up? :P

The Fox Blade makes it so much easier. It's recommended you use it if you have it for everything but boss battles. And for the boss battles it's recommended that you use the wooden sword...

madmankevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #60
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!
I don't mind when I dream, but I've been scalded by steam, but I try not to dream about you

ALL HAIL FRANCIS!
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote