Other: Post below 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #61
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Next time post it official without 9000 question marks without a time. I was just on for 2 hours and got a pm from Dak 5 minutes before I got off. I need more than a 5 minute heads up because I went out of my way to free some time to play.
Sorry about the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
It was fun (besides the first CTF we did) Flood, Tornado and Griffball were all awesome. Is there a way to upload theater of our gaming session without a capture card?
You could upload it to your file share so that someone with a capture card could download it and upload it to YouTube. At the very least they could watch it in their own theater mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunder View Post
Indeed that first CTF game we played was too much. I felt bad for Stolenpaper and I. I told him it was like playing CoD4 on Shipment all over again. Too much chaos for one map.

We'll definitely do these again. We'll just need to figure out another game/date and time. We can definitely play Halo 4 again, but having some variety won't kill us.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up! ** **
Good times, indeed! Some of the maps/gametypes require some tweaking and thanks to playing them, we have a better idea of what works well with "X" number of people playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Apologies I forgot about this..someone should have messaged me I WAS online.. Better keep top of my timetable from now.
As Carmona mentioned earlier, FR's make this easier to see when people are online while playing. Maybe we should consider that for sessions from now on, to better coordinate.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #62
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
It was definitely fun times. dakisbac and I held our own in that 4-way CTF. Just enjoyable chaos. Grifball with mines....good times.

Quotes that made my night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac->Me
"You just won't go away! Your just like herpes."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNDER
"Guys, guys....(dead silence)...What's an achievement? How do you achievement?"

Old 03-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #63
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Indeed that first CTF game we played was too much. I felt bad for Stolenpaper and I. I told him it was like playing CoD4 on Shipment all over again. Too much chaos for one map.

We'll definitely do these again. We'll just need to figure out another game/date and time. We can definitely play Halo 4 again, but having some variety won't kill us.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up! ** **
Yeah I say the next one should be a racing game....Burnout or NFS MW. I'm all FPS'rd out.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #64
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
You missed out. Try sending Grifter a FR, that way you can see when he is on.
Sorry if I don't think "We'll play when this person is online" is a good way to do it. There needs to be a set time. I'm frustrated from a long week and the fact that it was 90 degrees inside when I was trying to contact or find people to play Halo with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #65
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Sorry if I don't think "We'll play when this person is online" is a good way to do it. There needs to be a set time. I'm frustrated from a long week and the fact that it was 90 degrees inside when I was trying to contact or find people to play Halo with.
There was a set time.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #66
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yunder suggested 4-7, Grifter suggested 6-11, which is when we were on. Grifter and I were on from 6 to after 1 actually...

You clearly didn't try very hard if at all to contact anyone since all you needed to do was check who was online and send them a message; this was the very first thing I did when I finished work yesterday. I didn't have anyone from the session on my friends list yet I was able to play just fine.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #67
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Yunder suggested 4-7, Grifter suggested 6-11, which is when we were on. Grifter and I were on from 6 to after 1 actually...

You clearly didn't try very hard if at all to contact anyone since all you needed to do was check who was online and send them a message; this was the very first thing I did when I finished work yesterday. I didn't have anyone from the session on my friends list yet I was able to play just fine.
4-7 and 6-11.
Gee. PST, EST, GMT, etc etc etc. I was on from 3-5 PST. So if I don't know the time zone or the person to contact then there's nothing I can do. This is what I'm trying to tell you guys. Next time create something like this.

Day - March 1, 2013
Time - 4-7 EST
Game - Halo 4
Contact - Grifter

Something that doesn't lead to any confusion whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Updated list thus far (in EST) are:
2pm-11pm
8am-4pm
10pm-?
6pm-?
8pm-?
6pm-?
5pm-?
10pm-?
This is the last post that any times mentioned. And these are 9 hour windows. So please don't give me the BS that I didn't try Dak.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #68
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
4-7 and 6-11.
Gee. PST, EST, GMT, etc etc etc. I was on from 3-5 PST. So if I don't know the time zone or the person to contact then there's nothing I can do. This is what I'm trying to tell you guys. Next time create something like this.

Day - March 1, 2013
Time - 4-7 EST
Game - Halo 4
Contact - Grifter

Something that doesn't lead to any confusion whatsoever.

This is the last post that any times mentioned. And these are 9 hour windows. So please don't give me the BS that I didn't try Dak.
You should have followed this thread more closely:

Quote:
Well, we won't be able to get everyone together at once, I knew that would happen. However, we can make the session for a few hours and people can jump in whenever they feel like playing/get home from work, etc. 4pm(ish)-7pm (ish) EST seems like the best bet. We can always start earlier, play later for anyone who wishes to play a little longer.

4pm - 7pm EST
1pm - 4pm PST
9pm - 12am GMT
Quote:
Anyone who wishes to play can send me a FR. I'll be on ~1 hour from now and will be available until late (when most are getting on). If you want me to host I will and if we want some custom maps/gametypes, those who played last time can confirm I have plenty!
And even if Grifter didn't say to send a FR, you could have contacted anyone who posted in this thread that said they would be participating.

Honestly, there is no reason for you to be upset about this. So what if you missed it. I did, too. There will be others in the future.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 03-02-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #69
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
You should have followed this thread more closely:

And even if Grifter didn't say to send a FR, you could have contacted anyone who posted in this thread that said they would be participating.

Honestly, there is no reason for you to be upset about this. So what if you missed it. I did, too. There will be others in the future.
I asked for clarification and I looked at everyones Gamercard while I was online and saw nobody playing Halo. That being said, I'm telling people they need more clarification.

And I'm trying not to be angry but with all the shit I'm dealing with irl it makes it a little hard when I'm getting no help from anybody in this thread whatsoever besides from Grifter.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #70
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I asked for clarification and I looked at everyones Gamercard while I was online and saw nobody playing Halo. That being said, I'm telling people they need more clarification.

And I'm trying not to be angry but with all the shit I'm dealing with irl it makes it a little hard when I'm getting no help from anybody in this thread whatsoever besides from Grifter.
So, we'll work on being more clear next time. There is nothing else that can be done about the session that is already over.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #71
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Quote:
4-7 and 6-11.

Day - March 1, 2013
Time - 4-7 EST
Game - Halo 4
Contact - Grifter
I agree, this is how it should have been done. In this case it wasn't, but you're the only person who had a problem with it. And I'm ever so sorry I didn't specify which timezone I meant in my previous post... it was totally impossible to figure out what I meant...

Quote:
You've got to pay attention

Quote:
Updated list thus far (in EST) are:
2pm-11pm
8am-4pm
10pm-?
6pm-?
8pm-?
6pm-?
5pm-?
10pm-?
This was people's availabilty, not session times. In that same post, underneath those times

Quote:
Which means (so far) there's two times that will produce the most players. 6pm would give us 4 at once and 10pm would have 7 players at once (assuming the "?" isn't too late).

Given that, wouldn't a start around 6pm and finish at 11pm (or later) give us the most players?
This is where Grifter suggested 6-11.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #72
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

I'm going to put it bluntly and that'll be that. Am I agitated at this? Yes. Should I take a step back? Yes. But do I think I am out of line to make a point that an inadequate system for this isn't work without being mauled by a bunch of forum police? No I do not. This is my point. I can debate this for hours to make my point but I'm trying to help.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #73
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
It might be a good idea to plan the next one more than a week in advance as well. Just a suggestion. That way it gives everyone enough time to try and work things out to make the session.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #74
BiggD
Halo: MCC - 120 Days Left

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Sure, it sucks I couldn't make the session but hot damn...some of ya'll are acting like it's the end of the world that you didn't make it.

Why must there always be so much drama and needless agitation. There will be plenty other sessions in the near future.

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog

Last edited by BiggD; 03-02-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #75
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
I'm going to put it bluntly and that'll be that. Am I agitated at this? Yes. Should I take a step back? Yes. But do I think I am out of line to make a point that an inadequate system for this isn't work without being mauled by a bunch of forum police? No I do not. This is my point. I can debate this for hours to make my point but I'm trying to help.
You need to relax a little. If you send Grifter a FR (and you don't really need to be his friend IRL) he'll send you a invite as soon as you log on. He was on most of the day, I logged on and got an invite in less then 10 seconds. I'm sure this could of been set up better, but it's not a 1v1 quick-scope/no-scope clan tournament. It was people from the site playing Halo 4 for fun....there was no winner, no trophies or anything like that. I'm hoping that the next gaming session, you're not gonna act like this too if something doesn't go your way. Take a breath and just make sure you are online and ready next time we have one....and get your AC fixed so you are less crabby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Sure, it sucks I couldn't make the session but hot damn...some of ya'll are acting like it's the end of the world that you didn't make it.

Why must there always be so much drama and needless agitation. There will be plenty other sessions in the near future.
Yeah, we heard about why you couldn't make it. You need to establish dominance in that relationship early or you'll be wondering why you are purse shopping one day.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #76
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
This is amusing.

If you think you've got it all figured out, you run the next session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 03-02-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #77
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Quote:
Yeah, we heard about why you couldn't make it. You need to establish dominance in that relationship early or you'll be wondering why you are purse shopping one day.
Hahah, in my defense, it was a good movie that I didn't wanna pass up and by the time we got done, the session was over :/ But I'm making a commitment to being there next time fellas.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #78
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Hahah, in my defense, it was a good movie that I didn't wanna pass up and by the time we got done, the session was over :/ But I'm making a commitment to being there next time fellas.
What movie did you watch?
Old 03-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #79
Spanish Assault

Quote:
The Notebook
Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #80
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Quote:
The Notebook
How'd you know...?

No seriously, we watched Se7en. With Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman. And I have to say, I'm glad I watched it instead of doing my usual gaming cause that movie was badass.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #81
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
How'd you know...?

No seriously, we watched Se7en. With Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman. And I have to say, I'm glad I watched it instead of doing my usual gaming cause that movie was badass.
That's good enough to miss gaming. I might be stuck in the same room as my fiancée watching Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 tonight. Help me!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #82
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
How'd you know...?

Great movie.

"The Box"

Old 03-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #83
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
That's good enough to miss gaming. I might be stuck in the same room as my fiancée watching Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 tonight. Help me!
Oh no. That's just unforgivable, dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Great movie.

"The Box"
"What's in the box?!" Will forever be one of my favorite movie quotes

Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #84
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Me and my brother-in-law were stuck watching it with my sister tonight. First one I'd seen. If it wasn't for Edward, Bella (that's the name, right?), and the whole let's make this a love story thing, it might have actually been decent, although I'm not too sure what would have been left at that point

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #85
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Me and my brother-in-law were stuck watching it with my sister tonight. First one I'd seen. If it wasn't for Edward, Bella (that's the name, right?), and the whole let's make this a love story thing, it might have actually been decent, although I'm not too sure what would have been left at that point
umm....ladies....lets try and stay on topic. If you ladies want to talk about how hot so and so's abs are try posting HERE.

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 03-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #86
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
umm....ladies....lets try and stay on topic. If you ladies want to talk about how hot so and so's abs are try posting HERE.

Worst movie thread? Come on get out..

Old 03-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #87
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
For the record, when I want to watch hot abs, I watch The Incredible Hulk.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #88
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
I was thinking about making a session on April 1st, but realized that may be a bad idea and people may not take it seriously...
Old 03-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #89
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I was thinking about making a session on April 1st, but realized that may be a bad idea and people may not take it seriously...
Trollololololol.

I'd play. I should be home for April 1.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #90
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Isn't that a Monday? Not the ideal time for me, but I could probably make it for a couple hours. Depends on the game.

Or were you just kidding?....