Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Child of Eden
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Help For The Rythmically Challenged

Ok, I need help.

I'm pretty good at the game. I've got a few top 20 world scores on the hard modes using Kinect, but unfortunately I have about as much rhythm as a 3 legged elephant.

So, despite being able to clear the levels on hard, never get hit etc, I can't for the life of me consistently hit Perfect Octa locks.

Sure, I do it about 50% of the time. Long story short, I don't really hear a beat. And if I do, I sure as hell can't time it. I just get 8 targets, pray, and fire.

Is there any visual clue to look for so I know when to fire? Because audio clues go way over my head.

Its just frustrating. The shooting bit etc I find quite easy, but hitting the perfect locks is impossible for me. And not something I will be able to learn. I've been trying years to learn to have a sense of rhythm, but I'm just not gonna get it.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Natanji

Natanji's Gamercard
Just tip your foot along with the rythm constantly. It works then.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver
But at what beat? The music is constantly changing and on some of the techno sections that are incredibly fast I have no idea when I would start it.

I'm good enough shooting wise to get the 800ks, just not rhythm wise. Because of this I've not even attempted any of the harder achievments yet.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
Long

Longxinus's Gamercard
You are not the only one who has problem with the rhythm in this game, lol. I can handle other rhythm games like RB and DC much better. xD

Right now I'm being forced to use Kinect to get stars easier. But yeah, if everyone has better tips than just "tapping your foot along", then feel free to share.
Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Yeah there must be something I'm missing. Sometimes there are more than one beatlines going at once, which do you go for?

And some of the techno sections (like the sections where the music is played by your machine guns), the beats there must be like 1/32 or something. No way I can tap to that or keep count.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
MrFrost

The MrFrost's Gamercard
If you can't get the beat down, just watch the reticule, as you lock on enemies, segments of the reticule will fill up.

On the 8th lock-on the reticule will flash, release the button right after the flash and it should be a perfect everytime.

It's actually a tiny bit after the flash, takes a little while to get it right but you should get the idea.

I could be wrong, maybe I was getting incredibly lucky, so let us know if you can confirm it.

MrFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I bob my head to the beat, it helps alot for me.

That said, I'm pretty fond of 'boom boom' music either way, so if you're totally immune to such rythm, then you might have a problem on your hands...

Guides & Roadmaps created:
Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
Zaxex

Subtle Villainy's Gamercard
I'm pretty awful at this game but I find when using a controller the vibration really helps. I've also tried it on pretty powerful speakers set to "bass" mode which again seems to help. Headphones could too, I haven't tried those yet.

I have more of a problem when you've fired a "perfect" octo-lock and the sounds it makes give an illusion of different timing; like you're trying to fire a certain time after the last shot rather than in time with the music. And sometimes there's almost no discernible "beat"; during lulls etc.

Maybe turning down the SFX in favour of the music would be easier still. You probably don't need too much natural rhythm to learn to do well at Child of Eden. Especially if the hint about following the reticule's flash is correct.
Zaxex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #9
xMANNY FRE5Hx

xMANNY FRE5Hx's Gamercard
just like zaxex mentioned, turning on the controllers vibration AND lowering effects all the way plus raising the music under options makes the world of difference.

Those ambient sections suck balls though, there's no effing beat!!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:35 AM   #10
undergr3nades

Send a message via AIM to undergr3nades Send a message via MSN to undergr3nades Send a message via Yahoo to undergr3nades

Undergr3nades's Gamercard
On the sections where you can't "hear" the beat, you can always try using the "machine gun" to shoot and not lose the multiplier, but typical it's like this...

1-2-3-4, keeping in time, so once you get ON beat, let go on any of the "beats" and you'll be okay, if you LOSE the beat.. just wait for it to catch back up to where you feel/hear the rhythm. It's really hard to explain on a forum.. but I'm in college for music, (already have my minor) and I sometimes have trouble counting and I'm a counting god! conceited too.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
mercyforme

mercyforme's Gamercard
If you have any way to bump up the bass in your sounds system that could potentially help a great deal.
mercyforme is offline   Reply With Quote