PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
KFZ Scrubs
 
KFZ Scrubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rapture
Posts: 11,317

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Why is this game getting a bad wrap?

Now, I haven't really been paying attention to this as much, but a lot of people seem to be getting mad at the game. I saw some people on N4G getting mad that the game god a moderately good review score
__________________
Brutal Boxing KO's of 2013:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVYO_1DPE8
Down with Haganai


KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
plum
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 491
I never ever listen to people opinions on games (reviews). The best way is to play it and see what you think.

For me looking at all YouTube videos it looks amazing just hoping for it it to feel smooth and great graphics
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
KuShNsTieN
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 567

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
I only think people dont really like it because of two things

1. Multiplayer
2. Achievements

Thats all thats really wrong with the game from the looks of it.
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
Xmoda
Banned User
 
Xmoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 120

x Xmoda x's Gamercard
idk its just the game isn't that great kind of pulling an uncharted and steering away from past lara games
Xmoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 6,877

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShNsTieN View Post
I only think people dont really like it because of two things

1. Multiplayer
2. Achievements

Thats all thats really wrong with the game from the looks of it.
This!

/10chars
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
VizualDze
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
This game is very much a mix of Uncharted and Far Cry 3, if anyone thinks that's a bad thing, then I don't know what to tell you. Two of my favourite games of this generation combining to make what two hours in, to me, looks like it could be the best Tomb Raider of all time. I'm blown away by it. Can't wait for release to play more!
VizualDze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
WhiteWolfDamo
 
WhiteWolfDamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: manchester england
Posts: 173

whitewolfdamo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShNsTieN View Post
I only think people dont really like it because of two things

1. Multiplayer
2. Achievements

Thats all thats really wrong with the game from the looks of it.
damn straight.
WhiteWolfDamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
cutterk73
 
cutterk73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 505

cutterk73's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoda View Post
the game isn't that great
so youve played it already and this is your review?
__________________


cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
Oddish
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 41
I've played it and I think it's awesome so far (aside from the fact that I'm currently stuck on a puzzle). Of course it reminds me of my favourite games ever, Uncharted, but why would that be a bad thing?
Oddish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
Rep
 
Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
Posts: 3,003
Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterk73 View Post
so youve played it already and this is your review?
Most likely just his opinion on the multiplayer since that's the only disappointing aspect of the game. The Single Player is amazing, and is definitely a great reboot to the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddish View Post
Of course it reminds me of my favourite games ever, Uncharted, but why would that be a bad thing?
Exactly.
__________________
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #11
rapture23
 
rapture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 213

MusicIsRapture's Gamercard
This game is getting a bad wrap because people fear change. Simple as that. It has nothing to do with the game itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoda View Post
idk its just the game isn't that great kind of pulling an uncharted and steering away from past lara games
This Tomb Raider is telling the story of how lara croft became the "lara croft" we all know. So it's not really pulling away from past tomb raiders because she hasn't developed into that person yet.

With that said this game really does feel like the older tomb raiders, to me at least. If you meant that they keep making her seem like she's weak and gradually builds herself up then you have nothing to worry about. She isn't a wimp in this game. She has some doubts at the start but then she goes and kicks ass like she always does.

They haven't ruined "lara croft". I think this game is a step in the right direction. It does have a mix of Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, and old school Tomb Raider. That isn't a bad thing. Those are all action adventure games. It's the natural evolution of the genre. Uncharted was inspired by Tomb Raider and now Tomb Raider is expanding on what Uncharted did. The way the story is presented is very much like Uncharted. To me Uncharted has always been like Tomb Raider so it's not a big deal that now Tomb Raider is like Uncharted.
__________________

Endorphin Rush
Opium Dreams and Sweet Denial
It makes me sick when scumbags cheat/boost/hack/mod or use pirated games to get trophies.
It's unfair to those of us that don't steal from developers and don't have to cheat/pirate to get our trophies.
If you have to use a method other then the originally intended way you don't deserve to have the trophy and should be banned from this site/PSN.
Unless you're one of the scumbags you will agree.
rapture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #12
Xmoda
Banned User
 
Xmoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 120

x Xmoda x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapture23 View Post
This game is getting a bad wrap because people fear change. Simple as that. It has nothing to do with the game itself.



This Tomb Raider is telling the story of how lara croft became the "lara croft" we all know. So it's not really pulling away from past tomb raiders because she hasn't developed into that person yet.

With that said this game really does feel like the older tomb raiders, to me at least. If you meant that they keep making her seem like she's weak and gradually builds herself up then you have nothing to worry about. She isn't a wimp in this game. She has some doubts at the start but then she goes and kicks ass like she always does.

They haven't ruined "lara croft". I think this game is a step in the right direction. It does have a mix of Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, and old school Tomb Raider. That isn't a bad thing. Those are all action adventure games. It's the natural evolution of the genre. Uncharted was inspired by Tomb Raider and now Tomb Raider is expanding on what Uncharted did. The way the story is presented is very much like Uncharted. To me Uncharted has always been like Tomb Raider so it's not a big deal that now Tomb Raider is like Uncharted.
i dont know i feel the narrative is tough to fall for one minute shes almost crying for killing a deer then shes a trained killing machine it jumps around a lot
Xmoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:34 AM   #13
ebin
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 125

ebin20's Gamercard
It's getting a bad wrap because the packaging machine was broken so they had to wrap the games by hand.
ebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 AM   #14
BIG L RETURNS
 
BIG L RETURNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 287

BIG L RETURNS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShNsTieN View Post
I only think people dont really like it because of two things

1. Multiplayer
2. Achievements

Thats all thats really wrong with the game from the looks of it.
^^^^LIKE^^^^

I don't want to prestige 3 times in an unwanted multiplayer to get my 1000G on a game that seemingly appears to be a wonderful single player experience and should've STAYED that way.

BIG L RETURNS I think it's sad that you - IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! -The Rock
__________________



BIG L RETURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
envint251
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 102

robandines's Gamercard
I almost had this preordered until I saw the achievement list. It's not only the multiplayer achievements that put me off, it's the emphasis on gunplay in the single player, making me think that this reboot has devolved into yet another third-person shooter, which I'm just not interested in from a Tomb Raider game.
__________________


envint251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think people dislike it, because it tries too hard to be something that it's not. That's something like Uncharted. It's not really a survival game either, given the features they put inside the game.

I'm guessing they wanted to cash in on a very large crowd.
__________________

Last edited by Vindicator51; 02-26-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #17
CASCADEYOUTH
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
I think people dislike it, because it tries too hard to be something that it's not. That's something like Uncharted. It's not really a survival game either, given the features they put inside the game.

I'm guessing they wanted to cash in on a very large crowd.
I hate how people always assume this game is stealing from Uncharted, Tomb Raider came first and as far as I know Uncharted has been stealing ideas from Tomb Raider. Just because Tomb Raider went the more shooter Uncharted feel is just a natural evolution of the game.
CASCADEYOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #18
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASCADEYOUTH View Post
I hate how people always assume this game is stealing from Uncharted, Tomb Raider came first and as far as I know Uncharted has been stealing ideas from Tomb Raider. Just because Tomb Raider went the more shooter Uncharted feel is just a natural evolution of the game.
You're thinking about the past, this is what's currently happening. There's no denying that TR came first, but the new one is heavily inspired by Uncharted.
__________________
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #19
cjdavies
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,144

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
People don't like MP especially the achievements, yet they don't have to play the MP
__________________

Last edited by cjdavies; 02-26-2013 at 05:38 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #20
rapture23
 
rapture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 213

MusicIsRapture's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoda View Post
i dont know i feel the narrative is tough to fall for one minute shes almost crying for killing a deer then shes a trained killing machine it jumps around a lot
I wouldn't judge the game until you play it. I think the narrative is very believable when it comes to that. She has feelings but she's not a wimp. You can feel remorse for killing an innocent animal and still go kill someone afterwards when they are threatening your life especially if you have training like she does. It's kill or be killed. Just because she can and has to do something doesn't mean she can't feel bad afterwards. The devs are trying to show that she has feelings and is human but she is also able and willing to do what she needs to do to survive. She had to kill the deer to survive. She did what she had to do. Just because she feels bad about it then the story is hard to get into? Her crying and feeling bad is part of her change into the lara croft from past tomb raiders the is learning to let go of that sentimentality and do what needs to be done to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by envint251 View Post
I almost had this preordered until I saw the achievement list. It's not only the multiplayer achievements that put me off, it's the emphasis on gunplay in the single player, making me think that this reboot has devolved into yet another third-person shooter, which I'm just not interested in from a Tomb Raider game.
This game is not a third person shooter. You should probably watch more gameplay vids because it is probably only like 20% combat. The rest is platforming, exploration, and puzzle solving. It doesn't have that much combat. They just showed combat in the videos to get people excited and it also doesn't spoil the rest of the game. It's not like they can show you all of the platforming and puzzle bits because then you would know how to do them and it wouldn't be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
I think people dislike it, because it tries too hard to be something that it's not. That's something like Uncharted. It's not really a survival game either, given the features they put inside the game.

I'm guessing they wanted to cash in on a very large crowd.
Uncharted and Tomb Raider are in the same genre. This game is a natural evolution of the genre. It might have some Uncharted styled gameplay but it just as much old school Tomb Raider as it is Uncharted.
__________________

Endorphin Rush
Opium Dreams and Sweet Denial
It makes me sick when scumbags cheat/boost/hack/mod or use pirated games to get trophies.
It's unfair to those of us that don't steal from developers and don't have to cheat/pirate to get our trophies.
If you have to use a method other then the originally intended way you don't deserve to have the trophy and should be banned from this site/PSN.
Unless you're one of the scumbags you will agree.

Last edited by rapture23; 02-26-2013 at 11:23 PM.
rapture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #21
Fifa08Meister
 
Fifa08Meister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 348
Send a message via MSN to Fifa08Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Fifa08Meister Send a message via Skype™ to Fifa08Meister

IIEvolution85II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game is immense SP and MP
__________________



Fifa08Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #22
Xmoda
Banned User
 
Xmoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 120

x Xmoda x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapture23 View Post
I wouldn't judge the game until you play it. I think the narrative is very believable when it comes to that. She has feelings but she's not a wimp. You can feel remorse for killing an innocent animal and still go kill someone afterwards when they are threatening your life especially if you have training like she does. It's kill or be killed. Just because she can and has to do something doesn't mean she can't feel bad afterwards. The devs are trying to show that she has feelings and is human but she is also able and willing to do what she needs to do to survive. She had to kill the deer to survive. She did what she had to do. Just because she feels bad about it then the story is hard to get into? Her crying and feeling bad is part of her change into the lara croft from past tomb raiders the is learning to let go of that sentimentality and do what needs to be done to survive.

.
after some more playtime this game is pretty good its just not for me i guess Also doesn't she not have training in this game? it shows how she became lara croft from previous titles
Xmoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 AM   #23
rapture23
 
rapture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 213

MusicIsRapture's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoda View Post
after some more playtime this game is pretty good its just not for me i guess Also doesn't she not have training in this game? it shows how she became lara croft from previous titles
She does have training. She talks about her training in this game during a conversation with roth and also she says to herself something about that she never expected all the training in climbing and shooting guns to actually pay off. It is kind of a off the cuff thing in both cases and is easily missed if you aren't paying attention. It's not like they made the fact that she has training a major plot point even though it would be nice if they made that fact a little more clear. Not even considering this game if you know lara's past you would know that her dad trained her when she was a teen and started taking her on expeditions with him. Her whole character development in this game is more about her becoming strong and independent not necessarily learning how climb, shoot guns, and the various things she does in this game. She already knows how to do those things but because she had always been with her dad she was never put in a position where she is all alone like this and needed to be the one to save people. So in short she has been on expeditions before and knows how to shoot, climb, and bandage herself up like she does in this game. This game is about her becoming that brave hero that we know and this game shows the first time a expedition has gone really wrong for her and apparently is the start of her going off on her own like she does in the other games without anyone's help.
__________________

Endorphin Rush
Opium Dreams and Sweet Denial
It makes me sick when scumbags cheat/boost/hack/mod or use pirated games to get trophies.
It's unfair to those of us that don't steal from developers and don't have to cheat/pirate to get our trophies.
If you have to use a method other then the originally intended way you don't deserve to have the trophy and should be banned from this site/PSN.
Unless you're one of the scumbags you will agree.

Last edited by rapture23; 02-27-2013 at 01:26 AM.
rapture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 AM   #24
CASCADEYOUTH
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
You're thinking about the past, this is what's currently happening. There's no denying that TR came first, but the new one is heavily inspired by Uncharted.
If this game is inspired by Uncharted then it's a really really really dark version of Uncharted. Like after playing this game I wouldn't even consider comparing it to Uncharted because Uncharted is a lot more witty where as this game is just really dark and violent and it reminds me more of the darker aspect of Far Cry than Uncharted
CASCADEYOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #25
DjBatfink
 
DjBatfink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lymington, UK
Posts: 621

dj batfink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Now, I haven't really been paying attention to this as much, but a lot of people seem to be getting mad at the game. I saw some people on N4G getting mad that the game god a moderately good review score
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShNsTieN View Post
I only think people dont really like it because of two things

1. Multiplayer
2. Achievements

Thats all thats really wrong with the game from the looks of it.
That's what it seems to be, the multiplayer side of it....
The single player side looks great.
I don't think it's so much having the multiplayer game mode put into the game, it seem's to be more the achievements tied to the multiplayer side, like having to prestige 3 times to unlock stuff for an achievement.
And if the multiplayer is going to be as bad as alot of people are saying, then it will end up being dead online, making some online achievements hard to get, plus not fun to play if it turns out disappointing...
Ok, you don't have to play the online side of course or even go for the online achievements, but having a multiplayer game mode that's very good or very bad can make alot of difference to the game and how people will like it overall

Plus, even though i haven't yet played the game and i'm only going by what others are saying about the online side, and i don't like the idea of multiplayer being added to TR, i am hoping that it will be fun to play a least...

Last edited by DjBatfink; 02-28-2013 at 11:20 AM.
DjBatfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #26
TheWeasel
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShNsTieN View Post
I only think people dont really like it because of two things

1. Multiplayer
2. Achievements

Thats all thats really wrong with the game from the looks of it.
i would say that there is a 3rd reason people don't/won't like it, which is also a big reason why alot of people hated RE6. i seen a review that said there is a large amount of QTE's in the game, which imo qte's rune a game rather than make it more enjoyable, the more qte's in the game the more it is disliked
TheWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:23 AM   #27
rapture23
 
rapture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 213

MusicIsRapture's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeasel View Post
i would say that there is a 3rd reason people don't/won't like it, which is also a big reason why alot of people hated RE6. i seen a review that said there is a large amount of QTE's in the game, which imo qte's rune a game rather than make it more enjoyable, the more qte's in the game the more it is disliked
There are not a lot of QTEs apparently that reviewer thinks any QTEs is too much. I understand your point but the QTEs in this game are nothing like the ones in RE6. The ones in Tomb Raider are mostly just 1 button and you don't have to ruin your joystick to beat TR. The QTEs really do add to the excitement of TR because they didn't over do them and they are only in places where you would normally just be watching an animation and not interacting with the game. They aren't intrusive either. To even mention RE6 QTEs in the same sentence of TR QTEs could very well be classified as gross incompetence for comparing the best (TR) use of QTEs with the worst (RE6). That's how different they are. With that said I liked RE6 QTEs all but the fact that just playing through the game twice completely destroyed my right thumb stick.
__________________

Endorphin Rush
Opium Dreams and Sweet Denial
It makes me sick when scumbags cheat/boost/hack/mod or use pirated games to get trophies.
It's unfair to those of us that don't steal from developers and don't have to cheat/pirate to get our trophies.
If you have to use a method other then the originally intended way you don't deserve to have the trophy and should be banned from this site/PSN.
Unless you're one of the scumbags you will agree.

Last edited by rapture23; 03-01-2013 at 04:25 AM.
rapture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #28
Midnight Malice
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,850

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
I think people dislike it, because it tries too hard to be something that it's not. That's something like Uncharted. It's not really a survival game either, given the features they put inside the game.

I'm guessing they wanted to cash in on a very large crowd.
That is a pretty harsh conclusion, it must be because the Uncharted series was the first to be a cinematic adventure that combined combat with puzzle based platforming elements... If you are going to use this type of debate, then you must not be happy with anything past like 1990, because that is really all games are, the natural progression of borrowing elements that work and updating them to the technology of thier day. The next time we see a truely unique game that can honestly say they didn't borrow any elements of thier game from anything else will probably be never. I haven't played it yet, because I don't steal/mod/pirate, so I will reserve my actual comparision until then, but from what I have seen so far, this Tomb Raider is borrowing just as much from Uncharted as Uncharted origonally borrowed from Tomb Raider. Where Uncharted had a simialr setting to Tomb Raider with a different gamestyle, this Tomb Raider has a similar style with a completely different setting/story. Seems fair to me. But if you want to get technical, Tomb Raider borrowed from Indiana Jones, who borrowed from ..... well I will just stop there, cause I could trace that back to 1888, and that is without research.

People are going to dislike it because that is what people do. They HAVE to find something to complain about in every game/movie/book/story that ever exists. The problem is that the majority of people that don't like it have to voice thier opinions on it, while it is the minority of people that like it (this is with anything) that say they like it. That old saying where people that have a good experience with something will tell 2 people while people that have a bad experience will tell 10, it applies to the internet as well.
__________________

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 03-01-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #29
Handgun:MILLA
 
Handgun:MILLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 60

HandgunMILLA's Gamercard
I loved this game. I've been a fan of the Tomb Raider series since the beginning. After TR3 it went down hill a bit but then Legend and Underworld made up for that.

I don't know if anyone else feels this... but the story is almost a direct copy of the series Lost, played by characters from the Tomb Raider universe... that's not a bad thing in my book by the way.

At first this felt like a very fresh game to me, but as i got more and more through the game, you slowly begin to realise it's got some classic tomb raider elements.

Don't know what the bad press is about (except the multiplayer, as that sux) but the 1 player game it one of the best games i've played in a long long while.
__________________


99% of my achievements are offline
Handgun:MILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #30
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 6,877

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handgun:MILLA View Post
I loved this game. I've been a fan of the Tomb Raider series since the beginning. After TR3 it went down hill a bit but then Legend and Underworld made up for that.

At first this felt like a very fresh game to me, but as i got more and more through the game, you slowly begin to realise it's got some classic tomb raider elements.

Don't know what the bad press is about (except the multiplayer, as that sux) but the 1 player game it one of the best games i've played in a long long while.
Totally agree on this one. I'm so in love with this game right now. After playing Dead Space 3 I was like "hmmmm", then Crysis 3 like "ok" but with this one...oh boy this game is a MUST BUY and definitely a GOTY candidate. Graphics are nice, Lara is hot, controls are easy, story is great and yeah MP sucks but the game was worth every single dime!
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:45 PM.