PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dynasty Warriors 7
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
ZuBzErO123

ZuBzErO123's Gamercard
Quick Skill Points!

Ok, I messed around alot with different ways to maximize my skill points gain, and I quickly came to the conclusion that Battle for Supremacy may not be the best option to take when grinding. The huge amount of travelling and waiting for the officers to bunch up can take it's toll.

I decided to try out Conflict at Xuchang (located in the upper-right area of the map, 2 places above one of the cities if i remember) and never went back.

Basically, it's a straight run to the end boss with hordes of officers between you and him/her. Firstly, get the Red Hare on the character you are boosting, and equip a nice axe and another weapon with some good stats (I'm assuming you know to make sure you have the Skill Points Up seal on each weapon for maximum gain). Boot up the level on beginner for an easy time and you're away.

The way I did it was as follows: (NOTE: don't bother getting off your horse, use the axe to kill officers due to it's good range and power when mounted)

-In the first area, go to the officer on the left and kill him. Move to the central area and 3 officers will have bunched up there for some easy kills, kill them. Then move onto the one hassling one of your allies northeast of there. This will net you 5 kills in the first 30 seconds or so.

-In the next area (bottom of the huge stairs) kill the officer in front of you. Then move to the officer in either the left or right. When he's dealt with, use the mousou on the horse to zip across to the opposite base and deal with that officer. Now kill the officer at the bottom of the stairs standing next to the spawning supply officer. This will net another 4 bringing your total to 9 officers

-Now mousou again up the stairs towards the lone officer at the top, an ambush will trigger revealing another 2 officers in the same area, deal with them. Jump off your horse and run into the base to deal with the final officer.
This will add another 4 bosses and a grand total of 13.

Total Skill Points: 208
Total Time: 2 mins.

This is the most efficient way I could grind the skill points that I could find and the most satisfying as I just plowed through the level in a flash.

NOTES:
- Always be swinging your axe on the smaller enemies, they will die in one hit and your mousou bar will fill up in seconds, allowing you to zip around the map more frequently.
- Also, by killing smaller enemies, you increase the chance of Speed x2 and Attack x2 Power-ups dropping. Having either or both of these will decrease the time of your run by a considerable amount.
- The load times started to get a little annoying, but I stuck with it. I would install the game onto the hard drive as this drastically decreases load times. Thanks to Rashaka1 for confirming this.
- Sorry for the long post

Hope this helps even just one person, take care all

Last edited by ZuBzErO123; 04-18-2011 at 11:08 AM.
ZuBzErO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hmm... Conflict at Xuchang DOES sound like it could replace Mt. Xingshu Defense as the best low-difficulty skill-grinder... you wouldn't happen to have noticed where the HP+10 powerup was on that map, would you?

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
ZuBzErO123

ZuBzErO123's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon View Post
Hmm... Conflict at Xuchang DOES sound like it could replace Mt. Xingshu Defense as the best low-difficulty skill-grinder... you wouldn't happen to have noticed where the HP+10 powerup was on that map, would you?
Hmm sorry mate i'm not sure

I did try Mt. Xingshu, didn't really feel quicker to me, and Battle for Supremacy really did my head in after a while lol
ZuBzErO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #4
iKhaotic

xZero Shift's Gamercard
Quote:
As far as I know, HP+10/20 drops in this game are now completely random. Sometimes even faceless generals will drop them, it's all luck now.

Nice skill farming method, just tried it out myself and it works pretty well. Pretty quick with Red Hare and the final Axe.

If the word "Gundam" rings a bell for you, join the Gundam Union group here on x360a: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...hp?groupid=609
iKhaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKhaotic View Post
As far as I know, HP+10/20 drops in this game are now completely random. Sometimes even faceless generals will drop them, it's all luck now.
Far from it. There's a HP+10 in a pot in every battle-map. I've tracked them down in a number of heavily-used ones, since it's really not worth the effort if you don't intend to return frequently. Also, while +10s and +20s CAN drop from enemy officers in place of sword/shield powerups, it's not what I'd call 'random' - there IS a method to it. Basically, HP-powerups are considered one tier 'above' ordinary drops. If an enemy officer would normally drop a +1 sword or +1 shield, he can never drop a +10 HP. But if you kill him with an 8-hit combo, so that he'd normally drop a +2 powerup, then it's possible that he may drop a +10 HP instead. Similarly, in a battle of higher difficulty, playable officers will drop +2 powerups by default, so they always have a chance of dropping +10 HP instead - and if you kill them with a 16-hit combo, normally causing them to drop +4 powerups, they may give you +20 HP instead.

Going by this pattern, it's probably that - on higher difficulties yet - +4 drops become default for playable characters (with generic officers presumably moving up to +2's), and +8 drops become possible, though I don't know whether that requires a 24-hit combo, or a 32-hit combo... regardless, that would probably also include the potential for a +40 HP drop. I rarely play on high difficulties, though, so I don't really know...

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
iKhaotic

xZero Shift's Gamercard
Quote:
Far from it. There's a HP+10 in a pot in every battle-map. I've tracked them down in a number of heavily-used ones, since it's really not worth the effort if you don't intend to return frequently. Also, while +10s and +20s CAN drop from enemy officers in place of sword/shield powerups, it's not what I'd call 'random' - there IS a method to it. Basically, HP-powerups are considered one tier 'above' ordinary drops. If an enemy officer would normally drop a +1 sword or +1 shield, he can never drop a +10 HP. But if you kill him with an 8-hit combo, so that he'd normally drop a +2 powerup, then it's possible that he may drop a +10 HP instead. Similarly, in a battle of higher difficulty, playable officers will drop +2 powerups by default, so they always have a chance of dropping +10 HP instead - and if you kill them with a 16-hit combo, normally causing them to drop +4 powerups, they may give you +20 HP instead.

Going by this pattern, it's probably that - on higher difficulties yet - +4 drops become default for playable characters (with generic officers presumably moving up to +2's), and +8 drops become possible, though I don't know whether that requires a 24-hit combo, or a 32-hit combo... regardless, that would probably also include the potential for a +40 HP drop. I rarely play on high difficulties, though, so I don't really know...
Hmm, interesting... Thanks for the info.

Though aside from personal satisfaction, you wouldn't really need much extra health at all in this game since there's no reason to play on Chaos. On normal difficulty, taking too much damage shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If the word "Gundam" rings a bell for you, join the Gundam Union group here on x360a: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...hp?groupid=609
Old 04-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #7
Welsh Killa B

welsh killa b's Gamercard
nice find buddy , i will be doing this v soon, only got the officer i dont like tiles left in conquest to do , then i will be grinding out all those skills . . .

TEAMWORK >> SKILL >> YOU
Welsh Killa B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #8
Rashaka1

Rashaka1's Gamercard
I also used Mt. Xingshu Defense for grinding and it worked perfectly for me. I just finished the 1k about 10 minutes ago. Last thing I had to do was the 1 million fame, using Lu Bu on Fierce Warriors of Wei on Chaos was netting about 7500 fame every 3 minutes or so.

Yes, installing to the HD drastically decreases the load times.

I have also found that the basic sword and the shaman staff are the best combo for grinding as the top staff and the next to top sword both have 5 slots for skills. You can put in whatever you need on them, since your secondary weapon is never actually used for anything you just get the 5 buffs from it. The main reason for using the sword is that everyone in the game has 3 stars for ability to use the weapon.

Rashaka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
bfmv lfc

Mr Evil Donkey's Gamercard
Thumbs up

This helped me 100% the game last night. Brilliant guide! I would highly recommend it to anyone who is struggling with getting skill points.
bfmv lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
iKhaotic

xZero Shift's Gamercard
Thought I'd add to this strategy a bit:

When you're inside the main open area right before the big stairs,once you kill the officer next to the supply captain, use your horse musou to zip all the way east to the lone officer there, kill him, then musou back to the big stairs. Afterwards, kill the officer on top of the big stairs and the two ambush units, then at the top of the big stairs, musou your way west to the lone officer there, kill him. Now from this area, the game allows you to ride your horse towards the enemy commander. This extra adds 32 more skill points for an extra maybe 15 seconds of moving around, and saves you the hassle of getting off your horse and running towards the commander.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
Excellent tip! I prefer Battle for Supremacy only in one scenario. Grinding the 2240 skill points for the Synergy skill that Lu Bu has. 592 points per go (with 16 points per officer, Skill Up seals on both weapoins plus the skill up skill unlocked.) but above all it's just SO. MUCH. FUN. Got the Halberd skill up to 3 stars so that it unlocks the Whirlwind attack. Combined with Red Hare you can just tear up everything in a few minutes. Get around 3k kills each time around without trying much.

But for efficiency it isn't the best choice, and I'd go with TC's method for other officers. Not to mention taking a lower level officer into BfS is a little crazy even on Beginner, especially against Wei's cavalry troops.

Malkaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #12
acurate bob

Acurate Bob's Gamercard
I agree with OP saying that Conflict at Xuchang is better for the skill. But not the method he said.

I did it so fast you think I might by lying. If you go directly to the officer you need to ultimately defeat to win then all the other officers come either to you, or group up in the centre of the map.

A couple of full musou gauges and level done. Just herd them together like sheep and slaughter them.
100,000 - 19:50, 28/10/10. Apache Air Assault - Touchdown.

Most Proud 1000: Dead Space/The Saboteur
Most Depressing 1000: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
acurate bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #13
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurate bob View Post
If you go directly to the officer you need to ultimately defeat to win then all the other officers come either to you, or group up in the centre of the map. \.
When I tried this, 3 or 4 of the officers didn't come.