Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Are you as awesome as the staff?

Well, punk, are you?

Seriously, we all have our favorite games, genres, styles, etc. Madhatters13, one of our dedicated Maximum Club Directors, pointed out in the last month that over at our sister site they have clubs for each of the staff members. He thought it would be a great idea to implement a variation of that over here, and so I proudly give you (drum roll please!):

Are you interested in knowing what kind of games CovertDog enjoys? Go browse through Covert's Club of One to find out. Are you as manly as Minty? Are you lonely on a Friday night and looking for a good time? Check out Troy's Date Night at the Arcade club! Maybe you are more the type to enjoy a bit of blood with your breakfast? Kairi's World of Death and Bloodshed could be right up your alley!

With almost 30 different clubs to pick and choose from, the variety of games involved is sure to match up to your interest somewhere. Go browse through, sign up for any of the clubs that you qualify for, and then what do you think will happen?

That is right, MORE SHINY STUFF ON YOUR PROFILE! Like, ohmigawd, totally having a valley girl flashback right now! Gag me with a spoon! Well, maybe not, that sounds a bit uncomfortable... but hey, the shiny stuff is here for you anyway, spoon gag or not.

All the directions are found in the sign-up thread.

Let us know what you think of the various clubs, our game choices, and the concept overall!

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by troy0891; 02-26-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Pretty stoked to see if anyone has more than jack or you Creech!

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Pretty stoked to see if anyone has more than jack or you Creech!
I think jackanape has me beat. If I recall correctly, he has 5 and I am only at 4.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
And with that, my backlog just increased by another dozen or so games.

I was actually surprised at how few I have. I only qualify for Minty and Tyger's clubs. Still more motivation to go through the backlog I have.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I think jackanape has me beat. If I recall correctly, he has 5 and I am only at 4.
Ah well. You win some, you lose some!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
And with that, my backlog just increased by another dozen or so games.

I was actually surprised at how few I have. I only qualify for Minty and Tyger's clubs. Still more motivation to go through the backlog I have.
Please bear in mind that if there are pictures on the internet involving you and naked DDR, you automatically get disqualified from all awards...

Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   The Helping Hand   Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   Green Thumb - Emerald   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Ha! I don't qualify for any. I'm close on a few...something to strive for.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I guess I don't play the same games that the cool kids do.

Too bad that My Horse and Me 2 is PAL.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Too bad that My Horse and Me 2 is PAL.
Is it? We made sure all games were available to all regions, no server closures and none GFWL, WP7/8 and so forth...

If it is, then we can change it out as we simply made that list on behalf of Minty. He had no input, we made it for a laugh.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
Hayden

Hayden x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Hayden   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 2   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Is it? We made sure all games were available to all regions,
It is PAL only but it is region free.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Quote:
Is it? We made sure all games were available to all regions, no server closures and none GFWL, WP7/8 and so forth...

If it is, then we can change it out as we simply made that list on behalf of Minty. He had no input, we made it for a laugh.
I think the disc itself might be region free, although all cases are labelled PAL, and copies were only released in the UK.

Hence the reason a disc in the US will cost over $100.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #12
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
I think the disc itself might be region free, although all cases are labelled PAL, and copies were only released in the UK.

Hence the reason a disc in the US will cost over $100.
It was also released in Canada I believe and, as the game is region free, is not really an issue.

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
StayonTarget
Red Three Standing By

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
This might take a while. I can join Minty's pretty easily though. I'm half way there.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #14
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I got in Mintys! Hell yeah haha I only need 1 game for about 2/3 of some of the others.

P.s. Tried to sign up and the sign up thread is closed..?

Last edited by Genesis x360a; 02-25-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #15
Judge Bergan

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Nice, I'm close to Temporal's, but that's about it, lol. Might have to buy Battle LA just to join :P.

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Judge Bergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #16
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bergan View Post
Nice, I'm close to Temporal's, but that's about it, lol. Might have to buy Battle LA just to join :P.
I was thinking the same thing, lol. Not sure if Battle LA is worth it, but it may be the only opportunity I have to join one of the clubs.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #17
Mr Chaotix
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mr Chaotix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Ceris   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
My Horse & Me 2 getting in the way of me being as manly as Minty!

I do believe I can join Clueless'.
I am missing one of the 0g achievements from Halo 3, does that count too?

100,000G - 31/10/2014
Mr Chaotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #18
Corrupt.
Die, puny Earthlings

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 49 (more» ...)
Time for me to look through my games again...

"The price is wrong, bitch”
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
Ceris
~Kairi's Student~

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Staff - Guide Team   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Someone should go complete my club. Come on, Mirror's Edge isn't that hard.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #20
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chaotix View Post
My Horse & Me 2 getting in the way of me being as manly as Minty!

I do believe I can join Clueless'.
I am missing one of the 0g achievements from Halo 3, does that count too?
All achievements count, even 0g ones. So every game you need has to be 100% complete I'm afraid.

Also, I've opened the thread for sign ups now. Not sure why it wasn't done earlier so I sent a message to Creech, but no response (the man is busy so no biggie), so I figured I'd open it up and if there was an issue I could lock it again.

NOW FLY MY PRETTIES AND SIGN UP!!!!

Last edited by jackanape; 02-25-2013 at 04:20 PM.
jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #21
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
You're right, Crash Course is much harder for me. Didn't have any plans to play Alice either... until now.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
Mr Chaotix
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mr Chaotix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Ceris   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
All achievements count, even 0g ones. So every game you need has to be 100% complete I'm afraid.
Ahh okay, I guess this'll be motivation to get that last achievement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
True, it's not :P
But those Time Trials D: and the DLC too...

100,000G - 31/10/2014
Mr Chaotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #23
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Oyga..... so much change!
I remember when they didn't want awards, lol

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #24
kaleido42
CET & MCD

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

Kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Just curious how this will work when there's staff changes? Everyone keeps current awards but clubs are closed? New clubs made for new staff? Nothing changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
It was also released in Canada I believe and, as the game is region free, is not really an issue.
Definitely never came out here. May have had a German release I believe.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!

Message Me: XBL|XBA|PST
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #25
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
I don't compare to anyone..not even Minty lol this is depressing..

Become a Subscriber | Become an Ambassador | Become an Artist | Community Gaming

50,000G in Racing games - 28/03/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragarach Luin View Post
Barad's phone contains no games, only the numbers of various supermodels.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #26
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   The Helping Hand   Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   Green Thumb - Emerald   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I don't compare to anyone..not even Minty lol this is depressing..
Don't feel bad, me either. I'm missing one game from a few, but none of them complete .
Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #27
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Just curious how this will work when there's staff changes? Everyone keeps current awards but clubs are closed? New clubs made for new staff? Nothing changes?
It may of been discussed during the process but a rule of thumb is we don't like taking awards away from people. So my best guess is the Club will close but anyone who has completed it will keep their completion and award but after that it'll be no more.

If future staff are added to the site, they're more then welcome to make a Club. The set-up thread is easy to make and the award takes 2mins to make and upload. So stay tuned to future Clubs.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #28
KillerBEA
No Computer

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

The BEAst in I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   The Helping Hand   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Silver   Artist of the Month   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
How did I call Minty's so easily when I was trying to figure these awards out last night

Awesome, I need to sort out some corrections with the Maximum clubs in order to get the 2 I know I can get. I am gonna make a point to get Gackt's :P Since all 3 games are on my tag anyways.

This gives me something else to do, and I might be spurred to attempt Lost planet since Jackanape's club requires it and has Dark Souls in it. So I must get it lol Edit: Squeals in fear when he remembers Hexic HD is on Jackanape's :/

Last edited by KillerBEA; 02-25-2013 at 07:08 PM.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #29
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

If I made one I'd probably be a total dick and pick like 1 hard racer, 1 hard shooter, 1 hard sport game and then a Kinect game just so nobody can get in.

Haha, just kidding, I'd probably come up with something reasonable.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #30
Hayden

Hayden x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Hayden   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 2   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
If I made one I'd probably be a total dick and pick like 1 hard racer, 1 hard shooter, 1 hard sport game and then a Kinect game just so nobody can get in.

Haha, just kidding, I'd probably come up with something reasonable.
Exactly what Covert did, pick 3 very long/tough games and called it "Coverts Club Of One"