PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Thor: God of Thunder
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Sting7785

blandmr's Gamercard
Collectibles Guide

Legend:
H - Health Upgrade
O - Odinforce Upgrade
T - Thunder Color
C - Costume
HO - Hard only (These collectables can only be collected on hard or very hard)

Credit for the videos goes to shoe478.

Asgard

H: Right after it tells you to do the Mjolnir Leap, spin the camera around away from the leap point to find this collectable.
O: Right after the Mjolnir Leap, it's behind where you land. You'll see it in the cutscene of Thor landing.
T: To the right after using the Wind Blast to clear the first hall way.
H: After you use your rage to knock over a statue to make a bridge, this appears beside you.
H - HO: After you leave the inside area, look on the torch to your left.
O: In a piece of ice behind you when you start the area with the Elite Ice Born and you get the Grapple tutorial.
O - HO: Behind the Gjallerhorn.
T: This is when you are on the Rainbow Bridge after killing the Frost Goliath. After you watch the cutscenes following your first fight with the Jotun, this will be right behind you, and is shown in the last cutscene.

Niflheim

H: When you first get to Niflheim, you'll be in a narrow channel. Once you get to an area that opens up, there will be a cliff to your left. There are some ledges that if you jump on them, they will fall down, revealing vault points. You'll have to use the air dash in between the vault points to get to your next move. You'll use 2 vault points and then be able to dash to a platform with the collectable. This is before you Mjolnir Leap down to fight the Jotun. If you do this, you've got to far and won't be able to get back up.
O: After you first see the Ymir face and a path opens, destroy the ice up on a ledge with the Mjolnir throw. This will reveal a Mjolnir Leap point. Follow it to find the collectable.
H: Progress through the tunnel after the last collectable and you'll see this in the ceiling frozen in ice. Throw Mjolnir to drop it.
H: After you get to the end of the wind cavern, turn around and you'll see this high up. Mjolnir throw against the ice column and it'll get knocked over to make a ramp.
T: After the cutscene where Ymir freezes the waterfall and river, go melee the waterfall to reveal a cave with the collectable.
O: After vaulting up into the cave once you destroy the Ymir face, go back down once the waterfall starts and this will appear.
O: Once you see the cutscene with Loki, and you're at the bridge with wind that you can't crs, Mjolnir Leap up to the ledge. To your right you'll see some breakable ice. Break it and once the wind calms, jump to this ledge. Continue around this section, moving when the wind calms, and hiding in crevices when it's blowing and you'll come to a vault point which will get you to this collectable. You can do this now, or you can wait until after you destroy the Storm Spire and the wind will have stopped. This makes it a bit easier.
O - HO: When you're in the first ice spike section, there will be a vault point on your right. Smash the ice up here.
C: After the ice spikes, turn around and you'll see a collectible on top of some ice. Make sure when you smash the ice to get this you grab it fast, otherwise it'll fall of the waterfall and be lost unless you have a save to reload.
O: There is a grapple point near the right Jade Turret after the Frost Goliath. Follow this to the collectible.
T: After you stop the ice spike traps in a long hallway by smashing the ice at the end of the hallway, turn around and go back to the beginning of the area. You'll need to vault up to this one, then air dash towards it to collect it.
H: When you're climbing the Storm Spire, you'll be propelled upwards by a Jade Accelerator. From here, before breaking the ice to continue, you can jump on some ice platforms and vault up to where the collectable is.
O: Inside of one of the Jade columns you destroy on top of the Storm Spire.
H - HO: After you destroy the face of Ymir and the 2 Jade Turrets on the bridge (the one that was windy before the Storm Spire was destroyed), this one is under the bridge. Look down the ledge near the save rune to find where to jump off.
H: Use the vault point to the left of the Cave of Ages entrance.

Vanaheim

O: Near where you crash land on Vanaheim.
H: When you enter the next area with the collapsed bridge, it's under the segment that you enter on. Drop down to the right to of it (facing away from the door you just came through) and there's a tunnel leading to it.
T: After you see the first Mjolnir Leap point in Vanaheim, don't use it yet. Just down into the pit area ahead of you and it's on the left.
H: In the first area that you have to do "maintenance" for the Frostgrinder, throw Mjolnir at the spore pod hanging high up to the right to drop this.
O - HO: After you see the Skraeling bomb you from above, this is in the next area. Look in the ravine to your left as you're moving up the path and you'll see a vault point near a ledge. Jump down there.
O: In the middle of the area after you see the Skraeiing destroy the path you came in on. Very obvious.
C: When you enter the next open area, you're near a temple. Inside this temple is the collectible. You have to activate 4 red runes to open it. 1 is on the temple, 2 and 3 are to the left and right of the Beacon area door, and 4 is further to the right where the Swap Trolls come from.
O: Off to the left when you're on the long bridge over a swamp after leaving the Beacon area for the 2nd time.
H: When you're on the small boat and you first get ambushed by Skraelings, jump off the boat and air dash over to the left, past the poison gas to this collectible.
O: Above the battle area where you fight 3 trolls and there are Skraelings firing on you from a ship. Before you get on the ship, knock it down with Mjolnir Throw.
H: About halfway through the river barge ride, you'll bomb open a door. Inside here the doors will lock and the water will drain. Throw Mjolnir at the blue tube above the door you're heading towards to drop this. You'll get it when you pass through the doors.
O: After you destroy the mortar canons during the barge section, but before you get back onto the barge. You'll head out of a cave and you can interact with a tree truck to your right to get the collectible.
T: When you finish the fight with the Mire Giant and kill the 2 trolls afterwards, ride the lift up. At the top, go behind the lift to a small path leading to this.
H: In the area where the walls close together on you, at the far end. Very obvious. Make sure you get it before you smash the ground to escape.
H - HO: When you go up the elevator towards Ulik in the Hall of Records, it's behind where you ascend.

Muspelheim

H: After the first encounter with enemies on Muspelheim, an Ore Carrier will have this collectable. Throw Mjolnir at it and use the Mjolnir Leap to get it.
O: After you drop down the cliff once you go past the first door you open with your hammer.
T: Just past the last collectable, fall down on the left of the bridge you come to.
C: Continue down until you see a lava waterfall on your left. Throw your hammer at it to destroy some rocks on the top and knock this collectable down.
O: This is just inside the door after seeing Loki in a cutscene. You must air dash across the pit to the fallen column to get it.
H: After fighting the first exploding Inferni, this is on an Ore Carrier above you. Throw your hammer at it to knock it down. This is after you jump on and off the drill.
O: When you're flying from drill to drill, you'll have to fight some enemies after the 2nd one. Clear the area and fly to the next drill. Before moving on, look tot your left and destroy a rock wall. Destroy another rock wall, move to the ledge and look on the right for a vault point. Vault up to the collectible.
H: Blow away the incendiary clouds after using a drill to destroy a force field.
T: When you're destroying the anchors, you'll be moving from one floating island to another. On the 2nd one, there are 2 rock columns with vault points on them. Use the one on your left when you're facing the anchor. This will make an ore carrier spawn with the collectible. Destroy the carrier and the item will drop. Get on the other column and air dash to the collectible.
H - HO After the previous collectible, you'll move to the central platform, and then after that to another floating rock. Clear the enemies and look off the back ledge for a rock to jump to. Jump to another rock to find the health collectible.
O: When you clear the platform with a bunch of Scorchers, look to the right of the Odinforce runestone to find some platforms. Follow these platforms to get to the collectible. Be careful, these collapse and if you don't make it all the way, they don't respawn, so you only get 1 shot at this unless you have a save to reload.
O: After you jump up to start working on the 2nd anchor, go towards the left to find some rock platforms in the lava. Follow these get to the collectible.
O - HO: After destroying the large drill, when you land back on the ground, look off the ledge below you to find a small area to drop down to.
H: After you destroy the shield with the drill, and after a cutscene with Loki, jump up a ledge to your left before Mjolnir Leaping towards the gate.
O: After defeating Surtur, at the bottom of the curved stairs outside the forge. Run around the corner to the left.

Asgard Besieged below.

Last edited by Sting7785; 05-16-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Sting7785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Sting7785

blandmr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke1 View Post
thanx mate this will come in handy Are you doing a achievement guide as well by any chance?
Not sure. Never done one before. So far all the achievements are very straight forward and there is enough information in the achievement description to let you know what to do and when. Although there is no sort of chapter select, so many of them are missable if you don't have a prior save.

Asgard Beseiged (Complete)

T: Behind you after you see the cutscene of the gate closing.
H: When you come to a save rune, smash some ice spikes on the opposite side of the area to find this one.
O: In some breakable ice after you close the Jotun portal. Get this before you proceed, as you can't go back once you do.
H: Behind a pillar on top of the palace. Head to the area left of the save rune if you're approaching it from where you first land.
T: Head to the right area from the same save rune (again, if you're approaching it from the area you first landed). An Inferni drill will come up and you can destroy it by reflecting its projectile. This will drop the collectible.
C: On a narrow path to the right of the stairs after you ward of the spawning Jotun.
O: Under the rock you lift to destroy the remaining Inferni drills.
H - HO: This is behind the Gjallarhorn, the first time you visit it.
O - HO: This is behind the Gjallarhorn during the second visit.
O: In the corner when you fight the Frost Goliath.
H: Appears after you throw the Inferni bomb.

Video credit to shoe478.

Last edited by Sting7785; 05-16-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff - Super Moderator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 32 (more» ...)
Let me know when this is finished and I'll sticky it, been a real help so far.

No thanks to Gackt!

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff - Super Moderator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 32 (more» ...)
Apologies for the double post. There seem to be two items per level that appear on Hard or above - and you only have one of those for Asgard revisited so I assume the missing one is a Hard only item. I'm nearly at that point so will have a look later.

No thanks to Gackt!

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
Deltron67

Deltron67's Gamercard
THANK YOU soooooo much for this! harly anyone is talking about this game,let alone making guides! You sir, rock the house down!
Deltron67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #6
ModernViking

Send a message via AIM to ModernViking

ModernViking's Gamercard
yes this is really helpful, thank you for completing it, having some trouble getting the first one on Neflheim, grabbing the cliff side seems ackward pressing B and just falling many times

thanks again for posting this!
~Hangman's NOOSE 1:46:74~

ModernViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #7
Sting7785

blandmr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernViking View Post
yes this is really helpful, thank you for completing it, having some trouble getting the first one on Neflheim, grabbing the cliff side seems ackward pressing B and just falling many times

thanks again for posting this!
Yea, it's tricky. You have to grab the vault point, let it vault you up, then air dash in the direction of the next vault point. Do this a few times to get to the ledge with the collectible.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
Neomaster

Neomaster2005's Gamercard
H: After the previous collectible, you'll move to the central platform, and then after that to another floating rock. Clear the enemies and look off the back ledge for a rock to jump to. Jump to another rock to find the health collectible.

that is a hard only collectable, i jsut found out the hard way after spending an hour trying to find it and giving up, *sigh* 5 fucking playthroughs of this shit and i cant even do it on easy

Last edited by Neomaster; 05-06-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Neomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #9
Sting7785

blandmr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomaster View Post
H: After the previous collectible, you'll move to the central platform, and then after that to another floating rock. Clear the enemies and look off the back ledge for a rock to jump to. Jump to another rock to find the health collectible.

that is a hard only collectable, i jsut found out the hard way after spending an hour trying to find it and giving up, *sigh* 5 fucking playthroughs of this shit and i cant even do it on easy
Sorry about that. I found that one while playing through on very hard and had missed it on my first playthrough. Since it doens't tell me that it's a hard only collectible when I'm already on hard or very hard, I didn't know. Fixed in the guide now.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:20 AM   #10
Reaper44

WIPES44's Gamercard
gr8 job m8 on the guide help me out very easy to follow well done.
Reaper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:25 AM   #12
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Asgard Beseiged

O: This is behind the Gjallarhorn during the second visit.

I'm not seeing this. I see the ghost image of a Hard Only collectible, but nothing there on second visit to defend the horn. Is this also Hard Only? Or did I need the one that appeared on the first horn defense?

Edit: I had a save for the first defense, and that's Hard Only too.

Last edited by daishichi; 05-11-2011 at 05:29 AM.
daishichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #13
FailedSeppuku

FailedSeppuku's Gamercard
great help, just got my 1000G!!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #14
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
To make it easier to read, maybe color code it!
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #15
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This is awesome. GameFly just shipped this to me so will definitely be using this.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 AM   #16
MASTERBALL

MeonOne's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeonOner View Post
This is awesome. GameFly just shipped this to me so will definitely be using this.
................:
I've written several guides and shared several solutions on this site. XBA banned my original account (MeonOner) because they accused me of "hacking away" at my games. XBA never showed me any proof that my games were hacked. And when I asked to show me proof XBA did not reply and just banned me. Reason why XBA was not able to come forward with proof is because my games were not hacked. Now I was forced to create a new account and start over.

"If I die today, remember me like Perfect Cell."
MASTERBALL is offline   Reply With Quote