PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > DmC: Devil May Cry > Vergil's Downfall
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
jamesbong1983
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 54
Hell and Hell mode Mission 5 Boss fight help

I reach Mission 5 on Hell and hell mode with my super vergil on

But I find the boss attach is very hard dodge
has anyone beat this mission 5 on hell and hell mode before

Just wish to look for tips on how to beat him
jamesbong1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Doopliss SWE
 
Doopliss SWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 374

doopliss swe's Gamercard
I'd rather someone tell me how to beat him on SoS. In form 2 he just keeps spamming Blistering swords until I die. I hate Vergil he SUCKS SO MUCH!

EDIT: Ok, so this seems to work quite well. Might be a little too risky for HaH, but I'll leave that up to you. Basically, I just repeated this combo over and over:

"Solar Flare, Air Y,Y, Drive, Stomp". Does quite a bit of damage, and he can't block Solar Flare, so as long as you can squeeze it in before he hits you, you'll get the combo. If he has activated Blistering Sword, you need to stop the combo and deal with them, but he souldn't do that if you just keep being offensive. 1st form is really simple, you can basically walk up to him and do it. on the 2nd and 3rd form, you need to recognize where he ends his attack strings, then punish him with this. Atomic works too instead of solar flare, but it's slower, so I don't recommend it.

EDIT: Or you can just use this and win after 3 connected Solar Flares: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=429501

Last edited by Doopliss SWE; 03-11-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
dkykong
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 110

dkykong's Gamercard
Heres wat i did for that fight on HAH:

Phase 1: wait for him to do the overhead attack where he lands on u. Avoid it by simply evading out of the way. Make sure u have ur doppleganger ability activated on red mode for extra damage. So after u evaded the overhead attack follow it up with a sword throw to keep him in place then do y,y,y>hold y and try to get perfect slash, if u dont its still fine. As he is caught in the slashing animation dash towards him and do y,y,hold b to get him in the air then y,y, RT+b x 2. This combo alone is enough to initiate the evading part of the fight. Of course i cant give much advice other than u need to be sharp and time ur evades well. U cant afford to get hit this early in the fight because u will need to save all the orbs u can for phase 2 & 3.

Phase 2: his moves are a little trickier to avoid this time but eventually u will learn the pattern and how to avoid them. Wat i was angel dash around until he reappeared in the air to perform the dive kick move. For that just jump straight up into the air and it should avoid it (note: dont bother evading the move cause it wont avoid it). After he performs the dive kick and u jumping straight up to avoid it, as u land he should be nearby. Quickly follow up with the exact same combo from earlier with red doppleganger activated. Note if u dont attack him soon enough after the dive kick he will follow it up with a dash slice move that will hit u if u attack too late. But if u do manage to get to him on time and successfully perform the whole combo with red doppleganger on it should be enough to initiate the final phase.

Phase 3: the 2nd dodging sequence is trickier and faster. Wat i did was jus angel boost around which would automatically avoid the attacks from the ground. As ur angel boosting around and u see the swords locking onto u just evade when they strike. Whether ur on ground or in the air they can be evaded as long as ur timing is right. Once vergil returns he will have a mix up of his move sets from both phase 1 & 2 at his disposal. By now u should have a be familar with his movement and how to avoid most of his attacks. Just wait for one of the attacks listed above and avoid it and follow it up with the same combo. It should be enough to end the fight.

At first i was overwhelmed by the fight as well but with patience and persistence the fight will become easier. The combo i have provided is not hard to pull off and he rarely, if ever, counters it. He seems to only counter combos that have been repeated. Anyways i hope my tips will help and goodluck!!!
__________________
Currently 100% on all game achievements. Hope i can keep my streak alive
dkykong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
jamesbong1983
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 54
Thanks for the reply, I will try the strategy hope I can beat it.
Some of you mention about summoning sword at me
Is there a way to destroy the sword, I am really suck at dodging them.
jamesbong1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
CyberJohn
 
CyberJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8

pHg Johnny's Gamercard
I was annoyed with other strategies so all I did was hold LT and jam on X+A+Y and marched around him with the doppleganger out. Got hit twice. It wasn't pretty or stylish, but it worked.
CyberJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
Doopliss SWE
 
Doopliss SWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 374

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbong1983 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I will try the strategy hope I can beat it.
Some of you mention about summoning sword at me
Is there a way to destroy the sword, I am really suck at dodging them.
He won't do it if you keep close and are offensive. If he does it... Frankly, you're ****ed. Most unfair attack in the game.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
The Duke of Darkness
 
The Duke of Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,841

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
He won't do it if you keep close and are offensive. If he does it... Frankly, you're ****ed. Most unfair attack in the game.
Wha? Just hit it back at him, simple as that.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
Doopliss SWE
 
Doopliss SWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 374

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Wha? Just hit it back at him, simple as that.
I have yet to succeed with that even once, not even using moves designed to reflect projectiles, like LT+B. And 4 times? Easier to just rush him down so he never uses the move.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
The Duke of Darkness
 
The Duke of Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,841

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
I have yet to succeed with that even once, not even using moves designed to reflect projectiles, like LT+B. And 4 times? Easier to just rush him down so he never uses the move.
Just use the regular Y attack its all about timing. Hit the first one and it stuns him and the other 3 dissapear.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #10
Doopliss SWE
 
Doopliss SWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 374

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Just use the regular Y attack its all about timing. Hit the first one and it stuns him and the other 3 dissapear.
I see. But I don't think it's worth learning the timing just for that move when I can so easily prevent him from using it at all now.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
Vitamin Dean
 
Vitamin Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 95

CMxDean's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
I see. But I don't think it's worth learning the timing just for that move when I can so easily prevent him from using it at all now.
I just did it on VMD difficulty and it's not difficult to dodge his attacks once you see the patterns he uses, then using the Y attacks when you're in position. You can juggle him with repeated perfect solar flares but the damage is too little to make it worth it in case you mess up.

Also spamming him with dives doesn't work VMD mode, can't speak for the other modes.
Vitamin Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #12
Vitamin Dean
 
Vitamin Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 95

CMxDean's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkykong View Post
Heres wat i did for that fight on HAH:

Phase 1: wait for him to do the overhead attack where he lands on u. Avoid it by simply evading out of the way. Make sure u have ur doppleganger ability activated on red mode for extra damage. So after u evaded the overhead attack follow it up with a sword throw to keep him in place then do y,y,y>hold y and try to get perfect slash, if u dont its still fine. As he is caught in the slashing animation dash towards him and do y,y,hold b to get him in the air then y,y, RT+b x 2. This combo alone is enough to initiate the evading part of the fight. Of course i cant give much advice other than u need to be sharp and time ur evades well. U cant afford to get hit this early in the fight because u will need to save all the orbs u can for phase 2 & 3.

Phase 2: his moves are a little trickier to avoid this time but eventually u will learn the pattern and how to avoid them. Wat i was angel dash around until he reappeared in the air to perform the dive kick move. For that just jump straight up into the air and it should avoid it (note: dont bother evading the move cause it wont avoid it). After he performs the dive kick and u jumping straight up to avoid it, as u land he should be nearby. Quickly follow up with the exact same combo from earlier with red doppleganger activated. Note if u dont attack him soon enough after the dive kick he will follow it up with a dash slice move that will hit u if u attack too late. But if u do manage to get to him on time and successfully perform the whole combo with red doppleganger on it should be enough to initiate the final phase.

Phase 3: the 2nd dodging sequence is trickier and faster. Wat i did was jus angel boost around which would automatically avoid the attacks from the ground. As ur angel boosting around and u see the swords locking onto u just evade when they strike. Whether ur on ground or in the air they can be evaded as long as ur timing is right. Once vergil returns he will have a mix up of his move sets from both phase 1 & 2 at his disposal. By now u should have a be familar with his movement and how to avoid most of his attacks. Just wait for one of the attacks listed above and avoid it and follow it up with the same combo. It should be enough to end the fight.

At first i was overwhelmed by the fight as well but with patience and persistence the fight will become easier. The combo i have provided is not hard to pull off and he rarely, if ever, counters it. He seems to only counter combos that have been repeated. Anyways i hope my tips will help and goodluck!!!
Thanks man used this strategy and did it!

Few things I may add,

never move directly backwards from his attacks as they will hit always move to the side

in phase 1&3 when he uses the judgement move don't attack him straight after dodging, sometimes he will be vulnerable then but most times he'll follow straight up with a 3 hit combo.

in phase 2&3 when he kicks just jump up or evade up then down, the gap between him landing and then using his follow up attack is very small
Vitamin Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #13
THC BLUNTED
 
THC BLUNTED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 315

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
This fight was a major bitch and took me about 50 attempts to finally get. I tried using a lot of other peoples strategies but what worked for me was this:

First off, make sure your doppelganger is always active. If you get hit you have to reactivate him and after the dodging sequences you have to activate him. This helps you do a lot more damage to Hollow Vergil.

Then basically just time his attacks and wait for an opening. His attacks vary every round so it will take some practice to find out when to attack. When you have that figured out just mash the Y button on his ass. If you have your doppelganger active you can stagger him to do a lot of damage only requiring one burst of attacks per round.

I took him down very quickly when I did it right making my fight last under 2 minutes. The fight can be very cheap so dont get too frustrated when he hits you when you thought you should of had him. I had a few good runs get ruined because of a cheap hit or two but dont worry you will eventually get it. Good Luck!
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 AM.