PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
GUS
Banned User

chocking gus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Exclamation Rope ascender in Bunker GLITCH

Glitched metal box that dont move from place, this is a glitch many is having and not being able to finish the game, so a tough asking if any of u here are having this?

EDIT: SOLUTION: after using the bow to move the crate walk toward the floor, aim with the bow and you will phase through the floor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pJ1htML6As

Last edited by GUS; 03-04-2013 at 03:03 PM.
GUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
I heard of this, hope they release a patch soon

MyRifleIsBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
aspa

a s p a's Gamercard
I'm having exactly THAT glitch right now, stops me from proceeding. Sweet.

@Defs: TEST YOUR FUCKING GAMES BEFORE RELEASE FFS!
aspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Can anyone give a rough idea when this happens in the game so people who are getting the game in the next few days can back up their saves prior to this?

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
GUS
Banned User

chocking gus's Gamercard

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Can anyone give a rough idea when this happens in the game so people who are getting the game in the next few days can back up their saves prior to this?
Minor spoilers

after finding ur friends and they are fixing a boat, a guy asks u to get a tool on a boat for him, after getting that tool delivering to him the next area on the boat after defeating a big black guy boss is this area glitch.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #6
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspa View Post
I'm having exactly THAT glitch right now, stops me from proceeding. Sweet.

@Defs: TEST YOUR FUCKING GAMES BEFORE RELEASE FFS!
The game isn't released yet. Maybe you're testing it for them for free!
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #7
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS View Post
Minor spoilers

after finding ur friends and they are fixing a boat, a guy asks u to get a tool on a boat for him, after getting that tool delivering to him the next area on the boat after defeating a big black guy boss is this area glitch.
Thank you for that. Hopefully you can find a solution to the problem.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #8
GUS
Banned User

chocking gus's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
i take that job with eyes closed because their testers are not doing a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Thank you for that. Hopefully you can find a solution to the problem.
as i can see only a patch can solve this or replay the hole game from the beginig wich is a pain because the glitch is near the end.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #9
aspa

a s p a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
If it's shipped, it's released imo. Please stop defending such stuff.

/edit: Alright, I started all over, because I realized I missed out on Chatterbox, so I had to anyway. I'm past that glitched spot and I think I know the reason why this bug happens:

It seems like that the game spawns ANOTHER crate WITHIN the original one if you died/reloaded at that boss guy. Those 2 crates will block each other and cause them to float and get stuck in mid air. I got killed by the boss on my first time and as a result that glitch happened. Now I've made a backup save at bonfire on the beach, right before you head towards the ship.. just in case. Well, I arrived on the ship and killed everyone w/o dying/reloading and I was able to pull over the crate as it was originally intended.

tl;dr: MAKE A BACKUP SAVE AT THE BEACH RIGHT BEFORE THE SHIP AND DON'T GET KILLED BY THE BOSS THERE. Hope that helps. Everyone who is already affected by that glitch has to wait for a patch or start a new game.

Last edited by aspa; 03-02-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #10
realfox

realfox81's Gamercard
I am at exact the same spot and have the same glitch which prevents me from playing the game. As someone above me said you should not die at the boss which does trigger the glitch is wrong. I didnt die and can not proceed :-( Hope they release a patch soon.

Boosters welcome: contact me here or on XBL if you want to boost a game which i own.
realfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #11
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I'll find out on Tuesday when the game is released.

You know, I really wish more devs would put shit like this in games as a big, "HAHA" to people who get it early... then patch it out day one of course.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Maybe if we wait until Tuesday when you are legally allowed to buy a copy of the game, a patch will be live.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
realfox

realfox81's Gamercard
I HAVE legally buyed the game...

Boosters welcome: contact me here or on XBL if you want to boost a game which i own.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
GUS
Banned User

chocking gus's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Maybe if we wait until Tuesday when you are legally allowed to buy a copy of the game, a patch will be live.
there is already a day one patch and it didnt solved anything, good luck...
Old 03-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
aspa

a s p a's Gamercard
Maybe you guys should move out of canada if you want to get your games earlier. You know, there are places on this planet where you can walk in a STORE and BUY tomb raider since last tuesday. No need to be jealous.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #16
EnteringtheCosmos

There is a 22mb update already out, not sure what it fixes but pretty sure it will fix this glitch.
EnteringtheCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #17
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspa View Post
Maybe you guys should move out of canada if you want to get your games earlier. You know, there are places on this planet where you can walk in a STORE and BUY tomb raider since last tuesday. No need to be jealous.
I believe you missed the word "legally" in my post.

Stores that break the street date can be fined up to $100,000 per copy of the game. It's against the law.

If the public are not legally allowed to own a copy of the game, then as a developer they don't have to try and rush a proper update to fix issues like this until March 5. Issues will negatively reflect on reviews though.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:24 AM   #18
GUS
Banned User

chocking gus's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnteringtheCosmos View Post
There is a 22mb update already out, not sure what it fixes but pretty sure it will fix this glitch.
dude read above posts
Old 03-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #19
realfox

realfox81's Gamercard
I tried from this save point with the 22 mb patch installed and after that i deleted the patch and tried it offline without the patch. So this patch hasnt to do with the glitch. I started a new playthrough, because i see i have also missed the achievement chatterbox.

Next time when i start this level i will make some savegame backups on my usb drive.

Nice that i already 100% find any collectibles in every corner i was before and thanks to the developers that this didnt go over to a new playtrhough. You have to collect everything again

Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #20
xxMaceXxx

xxxx M4CE xxxx's Gamercard
I'm on PS3 and my game also glitched ...
xxMaceXxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
BIG L RETURNS

BIG L RETURNS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMaceXxx View Post
I'm on PS3 and my game also glitched ...
BOOM goes the dynamite everyone. mind blown.

BIG L RETURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #22
Syrette

rolemodel86's Gamercard
Going to get a bit of abuse for this but I see two pretty common misnomers in this thread and I feel I should stick up for devs/QA:

1. The publisher - not the developer - is generally the one who makes the choices regarding resources including putting out patches etc (which isn't free remember). All too often I see people ranting at the devs and not the pubs, which isn't always fair...

2. ... which leads me onto my second point, which is that people shouldn't automatically blame QA/testers if a game ships with a fairly common bug/glitch. QA probably have seen this issue but it's not up to them whether it gets fixed or not.

Again it's not free, the publishers have to weigh up whether it's worth spending time and money fixing something only a few people might get. Without the game being out, it's not always easy for the to predict how many people might be affected by an issue. If an issue only affects 1 in a 100 gamers then it might not be worth fixing, as sad as that is.

3. Publishers don't like to put out updates/patches for every single issue. It makes business sense to wait to get a whole bunch of issues locked down and fixed than to immediately pay to get a TU out the moment an issue is located. Also, don't forget how game code works - fixing one issue might cause another. It all needs testing/certification. Not always as simple as just editing a line of code and being done with it.

The update that came out is just the usual day one update. Microsoft charge thousands for every TU after it. So a lot of blame should be aimed at MS really for these things not getting fixed immediately.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #23
Syrette

rolemodel86's Gamercard
Anyway, can any of your unfortunate souls who have been affected by this tell me exactly where it happens?

There's a useful description above which will help me in keeping an eye out for it, but is it possible to nail it down to a particular chapter/level/mission/area? I can see myself forgetting to back up my save without a more direct description of where it is.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #24
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrette View Post
Anyway, can any of your unfortunate souls who have been affected by this tell me exactly where it happens?

There's a useful description above which will help me in keeping an eye out for it, but is it possible to nail it down to a particular chapter/level/mission/area? I can see myself forgetting to back up my save without a more direct description of where it is.

Thanks!
I never got affected by it, but it's at the part

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Rep; 03-03-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #25
GUS
Banned User

chocking gus's Gamercard

found a SOLUTION, helped to be realised by killtheplanet... on youtube, didnt tried yet but hope it helps someone here, after using the bow to move the crate walk toward the floor, aim with the bow and you will phase through the floor.

Last edited by GUS; 03-03-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #26
daweba360

Da Weba 360's Gamercard
i have a solution !!!!!!!! there are 2 crates overlapped take your mg and shoot with the grenade launcher on the crates in 90 degree TThe grenade must land on the crate the then overlapped crate teetering out of the false crate When u see the crate is completely out of the other use your rope ascender on the now teetering crate and voila the crate makes the hole u need
daweba360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #27
GUS
Banned User

chocking gus's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daweba360 View Post
i have a solution !!!!!!!! there are 2 crates overlapped take your mg and shoot with the grenade launcher on the crates in 90 degree TThe grenade must land on the crate the then overlapped crate teetering out of the false crate When u see the crate is completely out of the other use your rope ascender on the now teetering crate and voila the crate makes the hole u need
Video? pls EDIT,my solution wich isnt really my is confirmed to be working, so spread the word guys that ppl with this shitty bug can go back to finish it.

Last edited by GUS; 03-04-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #28
daweba360

Da Weba 360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS View Post
Video? pls
sorry cant make a video i have no webcam but it works try it for yourself
Old 03-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #29
BIG L RETURNS

BIG L RETURNS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daweba360 View Post
sorry cant make a video i have no webcam but it works try it for yourself
we aren't doubting you at all, but we do need something more. If you don't have access to a capture card, you'll have to slow down and be much more in depth with your solution. The above solution you posted was copied and pasted word for word to another thread on this forum, which leads me to believe you got excited and wanted to be the first to tell everyone.

That's great! But, we need something more descriptive so others may try this method out. Props to you if you can provide more details and this works!

BIG L RETURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #30
daweba360

Da Weba 360's Gamercard
simply shoot with the grenade launcher on the metal box thing 5-6 times untill the metal box is teetering behind the solid one then use your rope ascender on the teetering metal box and now the crane is turning with the metal box and makes the hole in the ground !

sorry for my bad english but im from Germany / in german i can it explain much better

Last edited by daweba360; 03-04-2013 at 02:18 AM.