Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #1
lxl Horizon
Banned User

lxl Horizon's Gamercard
Dead Space , Come on everyone be honest :D

I'm very very curious, and PLEASE be honest everyone

While playing this game, during a part that made you jump or something, did you EVER or know anyone who actually screamed out loud?
My cousin did but unfortunately i didint get to see it lmfao, he just told me he was very calm and the house was quite, and he leaned over to grab his mic and his leg went over the remote, and turned up the volume without him realizing (he had his game on pause ), so he turned to the tv again and went to resume, and he says as soon as he unpaused the vent snapped and he wasnt sure if the tv was louder then him xD

just imagine THAT! lmfao! ! Sitting there, all of a sudden. *BWAA* "OH MY GOD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! oh... oh wheres the remote?"

LMFAO!

if you got your stories dont be shy!
lxl Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
ArmeniusLOD

ArmeniusLOD's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by veece16 View Post
I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)
That creature is his wife/girlfriend that he keeps seeing throughout the game.

It takes a lot for me to scream out loud, but there were quite a few times where I would start shaking or jump a little. There were even a few times where it stirred up my bowls .
ArmeniusLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Volzagia

Volzagia's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quite a few moments made me physically jump the part with the guy baging his head against the wall freaked me out
Old 01-16-2010, 06:02 AM   #5
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Send a message via MSN to Eternal

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   x360a Book Club   SOTF Winner   Road Map - Silver   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I'll be honest. I can't bring myself to play this game.
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
Starstrukk X360A

Nerdcrest's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I get scared very easily, yet after the first chapter of this game I didn't find it scary at all.

And mind you, I haven't even touched Resident Evil 4 due to all the things people say about it; I was even too scared to touch RE5 until I had a friend play it with me.

Follow me on the internet:

Starstrukk X360A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:34 AM   #7
roulex

Roulex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
The part where you enter the bridge and the guys jump you, I was playing it in the SA office and a frind had just come in to watch--he literally screamed and jumped over the couch. It was flippin hysterical

roulex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
NoMaD DiSTuRBeD

the nomad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodingTurnips View Post
I get scared very easily, yet after the first chapter of this game I didn't find it scary at all.

And mind you, I haven't even touched Resident Evil 4 due to all the things people say about it; I was even too scared to touch RE5 until I had a friend play it with me.
Resident Evil 4 isn't scary at all. Apart from when you hear a chainsaw revving but can't see from where.

No game has every made me scream(with fear anyway). Giant Spiders and Hunters in RE1 was the worst for me when I was younger. Walk around a corner and get jumped on.

Dark Space had nothing scary IMO.

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:53 AM   #9
ArmeniusLOD

ArmeniusLOD's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodingTurnips View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMaD DiSTuRBeD View Post
Resident Evil 4 isn't scary at all. Apart from when you hear a chainsaw revving but can't see from where.

No game has every made me scream(with fear anyway). Giant Spiders and Hunters in RE1 was the worst for me when I was younger. Walk around a corner and get jumped on.

Dark Space had nothing scary IMO.
RE5 is even less scary than RE4 was. It's like they took the horror part out of survival-horror with this installment. I think RE5 was more tense and frustrating than anything. Tense because I would be afraid to mess something up when I was going through on the hardest difficulty.
ArmeniusLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #10
Ozbaab

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I think this game was perfect in terms of scariness.
I hate to be so scared that it puts me off playing a game, like the first mission in Condemned 2.

Dead Space tho, was very good, the only time I got REAL scared was at the ending when his girlfriend pops up from nowhere
Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #11
mmartynn

Send a message via MSN to mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
not exactly scared of the game, but i think the only time i jump at it was when i was stomping on corpses for the 1k limb dismemberment. not paying attention much to anythin else and BLAM a corpse jumps up at me and trys to eat my eyes.

dead space imo is probably one of the best 3rd person over shoulder shooters on 360.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #12
Starstrukk X360A

Nerdcrest's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbaab View Post
I think this game was perfect in terms of scariness.
I hate to be so scared that it puts me off playing a game, like the first mission in Condemned 2.

Dead Space tho, was very good, the only time I got REAL scared was at the ending when his girlfriend pops up from nowhere
I was actually expecting that, to be honest.
I was playing the ending with my uncle watching and during that cinematic he said he saw something moving in the background; that made me expect something to happen right at the end.

Sure enough, she showed up.

Follow me on the internet:

Starstrukk X360A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #13
oDrPepper

SolidaritY IX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbaab View Post
Especially on the hardest difficulty, it doesn't help knowing that the oil creatures are equally as powerful as they are scary.

I thought Dead Space was enough to keep me on edge at all times, but nothing made me cry out in fear.
oDrPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #14
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I never really jumped or screamed. I pretty preped myself for the game, knowing that it would be jumpy etc and it worked like a treat.

I would go through the game and look around as I played and was thinking "Theres a vent, get ready" and nothing will happen and like "Ok, open the door and brace yourself" then a body would fall and I wouldnt mind.

Obviously as I carried on I missed some things and forgot about my no scare plan and I did get a bit freaked out but all was good when you get into the swing of things.

But that bit where the guy in banging is head wasnt at all scary. For me, I wasted like 5+ mins wondering what it was and just walking really slowly around the corner etc until I saw him lol. One bit that gets me the worse though in the game is the music.

I remember one bit where I killed a few enemies and the violins kicked in. You know where there sound starts off slow and quite and picks up to a louder, higher faster pitch. It went on or ages and I spent 5+ mins again camped in a corner aiming for stuff to come. All because the music was tense and like something was going to happen. The musice suddenly stoped and ... nothing! lol. I laughted at myself!

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #15
Jayour

Jayour's Gamercard
Ahah, nice stories! I didn't get scared or jump once, however my girlfriend loves watching me play games but hates horrors, so that was fun!

Cant wait for Dead Space 2! >__<
Jayour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #16
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
To be honest I never scream out loud when scared, even at horror movies. I tend to get the chills with things like that. I have to say that the atmosphere has creeped me out a few times in this game. Ususally when i'm playing in the dark and you get a whispering voice or any of the Twinkle Star moments. Having a full blown digital surround system on really adds to it.

So as regards atmosphere and ambience the game is bloody impressive, and really hits the mark for me.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #17
IRONMAN

Rex odii's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Man I hyped the fear factor this game was going to have way too much. I played it, and it really wasn't scary at all. I thought I was going to be terrified during this game, so I put it off for 2 years to play it! I finally played it, and I have to admit, it wasn't scary at all, I didn't jump once. A little disappointed about that, but relieved all at the same time haha.

LISTEN TO METAL
IRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #18
Spectrex16

Send a message via AIM to Spectrex16

Spectrex16's Gamercard
Lets just say there was a lot of wtf moments

Spectrex16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:26 AM   #19
J0tar0Kjo

J0tar0Kjo's Gamercard
Spoilers everywhere

btw i'm playing this game and yesterday night i was at home, playing alone in my dark living room and i was so scared that i went searching for my cats in other rooms and kept them with me while playing just to have someone near me

J0tar0Kjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #20
Sidar80

Nothing in the game ever made me scream but there were a few moments that made me jump a little you know get the heart racing. On the first chapter when you have to get the key or whatever I had my back against a wall and I didn't know they could pop out of the vents behind you and one did made me jump lol. Other time that got me a little is when you first see the Brute punch that hole in the wall.
Sidar80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #21
SonneMori

Y SonnE's Gamercard
the game was awesome ... some freaky situations like the crazy "survivers" killing theirself. i thought " what the hell is that noise?" ohh look hes smashing his head against the wall ... but most of the people i was talking with about dead space told me that they were only scared at the end of the game like all the others already said in here. well i got warned and it didnt scared me at all. a bit sad but still a fantastic survival horror in my opinion
SonneMori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:59 PM   #22
Digilearner

Send a message via MSN to Digilearner

Digilearner's Gamercard
I refuse to play ANY scary game and to this point my gamercard has no horrors (except left 4 dead which I will ONLY play in co-op) or anything like that.....but, my friend had me try the demo. I was very wary and didn't want to but oh well, I enjoy shooters so gave it shot. Game started and I was already nervous lol. Not a fan of dark places haha. So anyways I saw the first monster that almost killed me but I managed to kill him (or so I thought!!!). When I was ready to progress the monster regained consciousness or something and started attacking me again and that is when I let out a small yell and said "Ok, I'm done, thank you" and went to the dashboard D: My friend has it and I am going to watch him play it, will be interesting....lol. That is my embarrassing story, please don't judge :P
Old 02-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #23
omegaloman1ac

it didn't scare me, but kept me on edge and paranoid of my surroundings.
omegaloman1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #24
syckrhythm

Send a message via AIM to syckrhythm

syckrhythm's Gamercard
this game is honestly one of the best horror/survival games made
my gf kept asking me to turn it off cuz she got so scared of it lol
when's DS2 coming out?
syckrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #25
VCNewsun

VCNewsun's Gamercard
Dead Space scares the hell out of me, I admit it. I've never played horror games though really, but yeah, at first I would jump and just start randomly mashing buttons. Took me a while to keep my cool.
VCNewsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #26
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Yes, this made me just, yell, and blanche and feel faint on several occasions.
I never managed to get any on video, unfortunately. My brother-in-law saw one time, though.

I had to pause the game and open the window to get some fresh air to stop me from feeling so faint. ='(
Then again, I get faint pretty easily..

So, I frikken loved this game. Seriously one of my favourite ever. I found it stopped being scary around 5/7 of the way through it, when everything became very predictable.

Still scared me at the very end, though.. *shudders*

Last edited by Phenoviral; 02-27-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Phenoviral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #27
Rorschach1244

Rorschach1244's Gamercard
I've never screamed out loud either, but i have jumped and came close a few times.
Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Falllout: New Vegas, Halo: Reach, Resident Evil 5, Dead Space, Bourne Conspiracy, Bully Scholarship Edition, Lego Indiana Jones, Assassin's Creed 2, Borderlands, Madden 06/08/09, Modern Warfare 2
-----------------------------------------------------
Portal:Still Alive, Harms way, Dead Rising: Case 0
Working on:
The Orange Box

Rorschach1244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #28
Castlevania1995

Castlevania1995's Gamercard
There were just a few spots that I jumped at. Things as the first Slasher jumping up when you thought it was dead etc. Also, on the first playthrough you get in a room where someone dies and pukes, with an Emergency Suplies thing next to him. I were so sure that he would jump up, that I was shocked when a slasher busted through the vent behind me.

These things have also killed me a few times. In MW2, pressing the right stick makes you knife, a OHK. Off course, this is not a good reaction on Impossible when you open a door to see an enemy jump at you.

From Ninja Gaiden II, known as one of the most difficult games on the Xbox 360

I completed the entire game without glitching, farming essence, skipping fights or skipping Tests of Valor. It was extremely difficult (being my first action game), but I'm proud of having been able to destroy everything the game threw at me.
If anyone knows any difficult (but fair) and cheap game, please let me know so that I can try to beat it
Castlevania1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #29
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I didn't really find it scary. I had the full effect as well [only played at night, with all the lights off, and sound turned UP]. Its an amazing game, and is one of my favorite Horror survival games, but there wasn't any times I really jumped or anything like that.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #30
Ze11os

Send a message via AIM to Ze11os

Ze11os's Gamercard
I'm on my 2nd run through of the game now working towards maxed out, havn't had any extreme reactions like some but plenty still that's made me jump or just give a brief shout. Most recent example? Coming through the... processing deck on chapter 7. Lights shut off and you hear a necromorph climbing around. I got myself back to the door ready and waiting... then the vent falls on my head and at first I thought it was a necro.

Other thing recently that got me? Goin' through chapter 5 to get the poison made. You're running back to the chem lab and right where you're going through the part where the guy was slamming his head against the wall in chapter 2 the door slams shut right in front of your face.
Viking, The Last Remnant, Resident Evil 5 (1000/1000), Left 4 Dead (1000/1000), Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Borderlands (1125/1125), Darksiders, Bioshock (1100/1100), Dead Space, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3 + DLC

100% Arcade:
Golden Axe, Sonic 3, Crystal Defenders, Worms, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, After Burner Climax
Ze11os is offline   Reply With Quote