PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Kivlov

Kivlov's Gamercard
Bad audio?

Every version I have ever played of Streets of Rage 1 has had the same decent audio.

Yet in the version in this it has some weird out of tone beat during some sections, such as the boss music, and level 3, 4 and 5 etc. Just one tone that is off.

Anyone know why this is?

Because I hate it so much it ruins the game. I thought it was the version but it is the same on US and Europe versions.

It is harsh as this is the perfect example of how arcade games should be and I have been wanting Streets of rage 1 on the arcade for so long and was sick of playing the mega drive collection just to play it, and now the audio sounds like a gnat farting.

In the Jukebox section, it seems like its whatever tone is coming out of the FM channel 02 audio line.

Last edited by Kivlov; 05-31-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Kivlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Man On The Run

The Grim Muffin's Gamercard
I know what you mean but i actually think were hearing the music as its meant to be. Well thats one theory as i dont believe they have altered the mix as the games seem to be the exact versions from each region in the same state they were always in, even down to the dots on the borders

I have the official soundtracks from these games so ill have a listen.
Man On The Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Beardyboo

VC OF THE NFE's Gamercard
Another thought is that it may be the emulation. I would hazard a guess at that is exactly what it is. Either that or your sound needs adjusting.
Beardyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
Kivlov

Kivlov's Gamercard
Go into your game and play for example the SoR1 level 3 music in the jukebox alongside this version:

You will notice the weird difference.

The boss music is easiest to notice:

Last edited by Kivlov; 06-19-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Kivlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I started this last night and noticed it straight away. I would say emulation too - it's literally like playing it on a bad PC emulator.

Played it online too, didn't realise online disables achievements - what the hell is that about?

Also suffered some slowdown during the game - couldn't tell if that was online lag or dodgy emulation either.

This package of three games should be awesome, but there are some horrible issues with it. Glad I only paid 400MSP for it....

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I would think it's bad because of the way games sounded back then...bad! They sucked compared to what games sound like today and even with today's technology, you can't make shitty sound, as good as today sound. Maybe a little better but that's all.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
v_thorne

Verkolac Thorne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I played this game on the Sega Genesis back in the day, and as far as I've noticed the audio for Streets of Rage 1 is fine. The boss music is the same as it was on the console port.
v_thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #8
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah I've played it in local mode since I posted my message and it plays very accurately. Don't know whether the online is broken or me or my mate just had a dodgy connection, but I'd now say it was a lag problem.

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote