PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Crysis 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
schmageggey92

Is Crysis 3 worth $40

Crysis 3 is on sale this week for $40 and was wondering if it is worth buying for that price.
schmageggey92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
aspeedomodel

speedo model's Gamercard
Yes. Love the game. Exactly what I was looking for.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
schmageggey92

Hows the campaign
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
It's not worth that, the campaign is decent but downhill compared to Crysis 2 and only takes about 3 hours to complete on any difficulty. The multiplayer is decent but full of bugs, some of the achievements are also glitched. They did just bring out a patch, but didn't fix any of the important issues.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
aspeedomodel

speedo model's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmageggey92 View Post
Hows the campaign
I love the campaign. Took me 7 hours to beat on first play through, with me taking my time and checking for intel so forth. Great story, looks great, and is just fun.

Better than 2's campaign by far. Shorter, but stronger.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
The Lovat Scout

Send a message via AIM to The Lovat Scout Send a message via MSN to The Lovat Scout

The Lovat Scout's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Youre going to get mixed reviews here on the forums about the game, especially its campaign. B A R 4 D and aspeedomodel being perfect examples. Your best bet is renting it or biting the bullet and buying it. If you buy, beat it and don't like the multiplayer, you can always get SOME of your money back by trading it into places.

x360a gave it an 80, which in my book puts me right on the tip of the fence between buying and renting. Because the multiplayer wasn't a fav of mine in Crysis 2, I think I'll find time to simply rent it...
POLLIVER
RAFF THE SWEETLING
THE TICKLER
THE HOUND
SER GREGOR
SER AMORY
SER ILYN
SER MERYN
KING JOFFERY
QUEEN CERSEI
- VALAR MORGHULIS -
The Lovat Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
schmageggey92

Thanks guys, I'm probably going to just buy it. $40 isn't bad for a game that just came out
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just ordered it ($40 on Amazon). Loved Crysis 2's single player.. the multiplayer was decent, but nothing to call home about. But for $40, if I don't like it, I'll just max it out, and eBay it.. no worries.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #9
WipeoutBoy1

xenomorphs's Gamercard
No wait for it too drop in price then get it.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #10
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
3hrs is bullshit, sure MAYBE if your 100% steath the entire game and dont seek any collectables but even that would be pushing it. My first play on normal took between 7-8hrs completing all optional objectives and actually trying to find the collectables. The game is pretty sweet and its worth that price.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #11
schmageggey92

Thanks guys for all the input. In case you guys were wondering, I bought and maybe I'll see you guys online.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 AM   #12
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lovat Scout View Post
Youre going to get mixed reviews here on the forums about the game, especially its campaign. B A R 4 D and aspeedomodel being perfect examples.
Just speaking from experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
3hrs is bullshit, sure MAYBE if your 100% steath the entire game and dont seek any collectables but even that would be pushing it. My first play on normal took between 7-8hrs completing all optional objectives and actually trying to find the collectables. The game is pretty sweet and its worth that price.
You could fight every enemy with guns, do every secondary objective, collect all intel, die quite a few times on say.. veteran and it still wouldn't take 7 hours. I played through he game four times already and my play time is 12 hours something.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:08 AM   #13
schmageggey92

But short campaign, I can beat a few times and not get bored lolz
Old 03-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #14
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
Nah, not even 100% stealth. Collectibles aside, I finished it in 3.6 hours on SS and I didn't kill a single soul on Missions 3 or 7. For other missions, I just ran through sections with Armor activated and I did just fine. I died maybe like a total of 5 times on my SS run. 3/5 in Mission 1 lol.

OT: I think it's worth $40 for sure! I liked the Campaign a lot.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Guys not for nothing but if your saying your literally running through levels fully armored or cloaked, and disregarding most confrontations no shit the campaign is 4 hours long. I'm not saying it wasn't short I ran through on Vet and kept an eye open for intel not going out of my way but also enjoying the games atmosphere and taking out the enemies and I got about 6-7 hrs out of the SP. I do wish it was as long as 2 but oh well thems are the breaks.

OP also disregard the SS glitch it's only effecting a small amount of users, plus if the game is so short why not clear your save and just run through it for SS? sounds easy to me..
Old 03-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #16
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
You all seem to be implying that running through firefights or stealthing through them is the incorrect way to play. It's not. Crysis games are designed, FUNDAMENTALLY, to allow you to tackle the situation in any way you want. If you like to kill every enemy then you can, but you don't have to. That's the beauty of it.

Don't get ants in your pants simply because your way is longer.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #17
HellspawnRei

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed View Post
You all seem to be implying that running through firefights or stealthing through them is the incorrect way to play. It's not. Crysis games are designed, FUNDAMENTALLY, to allow you to tackle the situation in any way you want. If you like to kill every enemy then you can, but you don't have to. That's the beauty of it.

Well said Snowed.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #18
warrenpaul

Woz DJ's Gamercard
If im honest, i don't think it is worth it, its a good game but the multiplayer ain't really for me, each to there own as always though!

warrenpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #19
mildredcoston

bmw's Gamercard
I have no idea how and when to use the magic powers

Last edited by mildredcoston; 03-07-2013 at 02:20 PM.
mildredcoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #20
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:

Chach was the only one saying anything about that lol, but I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildredcoston View Post
I have no idea how and when to use the magic powers
Powers...? Like Cloak and Armor? Cloak is the and Armor is the .

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #21
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
You could fight every enemy with guns, do every secondary objective, collect all intel, die quite a few times on say.. veteran and it still wouldn't take 7 hours. I played through he game four times already and my play time is 12 hours something.
I remember you telling me it was short. I'll still rent it though just because I really liked Crysis 2.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #22
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Ravisher View Post
I remember you telling me it was short. I'll still rent it though just because I really liked Crysis 2.
Nah this is definitely worth playing especially if you did enjoy Crysis 2, just saying this isn't worth 30-40 for the hours you get out of it, so rent is definitely best option even if you want to 1000 it.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #23
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Quote:

I wasn't trying to say there was a right or wrong way to play, it just sounded like a few people on here were saying how easy it was to just cloak 'n crawl through the game. Making play time very short and not worth $40, Which is fine but your also inherently avoiding confrontation making the game much shorter. To each their own and I do agree it was sadly shorter than crysis 2 but what the game did, it did well.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #24
Eleriel

Eleriel's Gamercard
if I had known then what I know now... I would not have bought it at full price.
I would probably have gotten it pre-owned, even...

I want a game that has more re-play value...
(like Dead Space 3, which I've been playing since release and still find new stuff to do in).
Eleriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #25
schmageggey92

I picked the game up, and it's amazing. The campaign is short, but i'm going through on supersoldier now. and the multiplayer is amazing. Thank you again guys and girls for the input
Old 03-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #26
zeus0698

JetpakOperation's Gamercard
+1 to ninja tactics! Just did a Crysis 2 pacifist run (only against Cell), and let me say, it was a very different experience from my first rambo playthrough. Some of the parts were actually more difficult and took longer, especially the vehicle run (had to hoof it in cloak through the checkpoints). Only killed that douchebag Cell leader guy and the scripted human parachute when I jumped out of the window of the apartment (is that a spoiler?).

What's also funny is that in the dialogue, they kept saying that I wiped out dozens of squads of their buddies! I was very hurt after all the trouble I took to save all of them, even protecting them from the Ceph sometimes. No respect...
zeus0698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #27
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The multiplayer can be fun and the Campaign was enjoyable, but really short and super easy, even on Supersoldier difficulty. Thre are way too many glitches, including one that crashed my console after killing the final boss.

My final verdict. Don't waste your money. I regret buying it!

Last edited by TealPavelski; 03-12-2013 at 11:24 PM.
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #28
MIR7909

iGUNZERK NOOBS's Gamercard
great game. woulda rather paid 40 but paying 60 didnt bother me. love the story and MP!!
MIR7909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:00 AM   #29
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I, too, am upset that I didn't get to pay $40 for it: the multiplayer is filled with the same problems as the second game, and while the SP was nowhere near as entertaining as the second one, I still enjoyed it. It wasn't a total waste of money. Got about 835GS on the game - going to let myself suffice with 800GS+ from now on so I can play more games - and plan on trading it in soon.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #30
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Quote:

Well put sir.
Anytime time and speed come into a campaign people get all weird about being above/below par.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote