PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II > Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Favorite DLC Multiplayer map(s)?

Among the 4 new multiplayer maps in Revolution (Downhill, Grind, Hydro and Mirage) which is your favorite?

I think that Grind is the best map in the pack because it takes place ON A SKATE PARK. Just when you thought Call of Duty couldn't get any crazier. Hydro and Mirage were pretty decent as well since they're somewhat symmetrical, but Downhill would be my least favorite of the 4 maps because I'm not really a fan of huge maps.

All random friend requests on Live will be declined. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I'll gladly accept Steam FRs, however.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 AM   #2
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
I don't think Downhill is that big at all. It's fairly small for a map, to be honest.

Anyhow, my favourite is Mirage. I love desert. This map is great. Hydro, meh. Grind, it's okay. Downhill is good. Mirage and Downhill are my favs. Although, the new zombie map looks interesting. I didn't play much but instead of opening that first door, I shot the roof of the elevator and it fell all the way down. :L

Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Downhill: A window camper/sniper paradise. Feels like Array, forget which game that was in right now but I never liked it. To be fair it isn't as bad as Array.

Grind: This years Stadium, but not nearly as fun. Still the best of the bunch. I like the sunny beach setting, a nice change from all the rubble towns.

Hydro: Absolutely awful. Feels like Meltdown with waterfalls. Terrible flow to it, no pun intended.

Mirage: Didn't get anything other than a game of Search & Destroy on it, but it seems forgettable enough.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Sanchezz4387

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
Downhill: Enjoyed the games i had on this last night, lots saying its a campers paradise but ive yet to see this. its quite big and open and i like the look of it. 7/10

Grind: I totally agree with this being the new stadium map, i LOVE this map its so much fun, the curved edges make a huge difference to the way it plays out and pretty much allows all play styles. 10/10

Hydro: Absolutely awful. Feels like Meltdown with waterfalls. Terrible flow to it, no pun intended. i felt this sums up my feelings, all my friends like it, i HATE it worst map in the game for me coupled with Meltdown. 1/10

Mirage:
The map ive had least games on, the bus and balcony past the bus seem to be campers/snipers paradise, it looks good however, is a decent size and offers a good variety of ways to play. a solid addition. 8/10

Die Riese: Had one game with what sounded like a group of 4 year olds but to be honest it was brilliant, an absolute 100% improvement for me, i was so dissapointed with what BO2 had to offer zombie wise, if this map is the example of whats to come then Zombies for me is back with a bang it is fantastic, round 9 was all i got to but i can see many wasted hours on this map. 10/10
Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 AM   #5
GeneralCurry726

GeneralCurry726's Gamercard
Grind, Downhill, Mirage, Hydro

Die Rise is a complete 180 for zombies in this game for me. It went from pointless in TranZit, to incredible in Die Rise.

IMO Hydro is one of the worst maps I've ever played in any multiplayer game ever. I can't even put my finger on why! I just despise it for some reason.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Chimhog

Chimhog's Gamercard
This is what I posted to another group the other day:

Hydro - 8/10: I think that the water hazard is a nice touch and there are lots of ways to flank people which is always welcome.

Grind - 10/10: Early days but I have to give this a flawless rating. This map has my kind of level all over it. The close quarters nature (with a few long straights) is is brilliant.

Mirage - 8/10: After a few extra goes last night I continued to like this level even if I have no specific reason to. Maybe it is because I have a thing about desert levels? Maybe it is because I was a beast each time? LOL

Downhill - 7/10: Arguably the best looking of each map (along with Grind) and surprisingly non-campy considering the layout. Got to enjoy it after a few goes but we shall see when the campy buggers take hold of the map.
Chimhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Ironically enough, Grind has to be my favorite of the DLC pack. I am not a big fan of domination, but Dom. on that map is a lot of fun. C4+B flag = epic multi-kills.

Mirage and Downhill are pretty decent but Hydro is a steaming pile of trash, headglitch and camp city
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
The Carrot Cake Kid

I like Mirage, Grind, Downhill and Hydro in that order
The Carrot Cake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #9
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Grind and Mirage are my favorite of the bunch.

Downhill was decent, and Hydro was one of the worst maps that I have ever played.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:03 AM   #10
Frozenghost001

Frozenghost001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
why do you guys all hate hydro? i played 3 search games on it and it was awesome! but then again, thats the only gametype ive played on it so far so idk how it plays on the others.

i love them all. i really like grind the most tho, but they are all pretty sweet.
Frozenghost001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

Considering all of them are pretty small, I don't really like any of them. I was really hoping that since most all of Black Ops 2's default maps are small in size already that they would change it up and add some larger maps finally. I'm a Search and Destory kind of guy and call me old school, but I prefer to play Search games where everyone slowly hangs back, scouts out the area, and sticks together to survive. Not suicide rushing and trying to get as many kills as you can before you die in the first thirty seconds. With tiny maps like Grind, it only encourages that play style and each round lasts about a minute and that's just not fun to me.

Here's to hoping that the next map pack has larger maps.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #12
Rabbitz

RabbitzGamertag's Gamercard
i feel like mirage is a big map too along with downhill but i like downhill because its not a triangle style map like mirage. but i think all four maps are pretty good
Rabbitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
B8ZZ

Send a message via ICQ to B8ZZ Send a message via AIM to B8ZZ Send a message via MSN to B8ZZ Send a message via Yahoo to B8ZZ Send a message via Skype™ to B8ZZ

bBazzaH's Gamercard
Grind, except for the shitty mid-map
B8ZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
FeatherbottomMR

I like them all
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
Sifu M

MI6 Agent Matt's Gamercard
i like all of them...my personal favourite is downhill cause of the great setting!
Sifu M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #16
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Grind - I really like this map, don't get me wrong. It's just, overrated to me. I think it's just the setting that really gets people's attention. 7/10

Hydro - What a shocker. A very badly set out map, suited for camping snipers. The water thing is just annoying. 3/10

Downhill - this map is really cool. It's like Array a lot which I like. 8/10

Mirage - This map is very underrated also. I don't see what's so bad about it. 9/10

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #17
BR247

BR247's Gamercard
Grind - I love the oddly shaped barriers and objects. It stops people from head glitching. I also love the middle area with the little 'window' where shit is always going on. 9/10

Mirage - This map is mediocre to me. I can't remember anything exciting going on while playing this map. It flows good, but nothing spectacular. 4/10

Downhill - This map gets the least amount of playtime out of the pack. It is pretty fun, and feels like Discovery from BO1. The hills of snow, and the little buildings make this map interesting. 6/10

Hydro - This is my favorite map out of the pack! I'm not sure why everybody hates it, I always have great games on this map with tons of kills. The simplicity is what I love. Most of the action happens in the middle without too much flanking. 10/10