PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #1
I JUST D0 WORK

GriZzly GRiP's Gamercard
MGS4 on the new Xbox?

With revengence getting great reviews and myself really enjoying it I started to ponder if the new Xbox would ever get the all mighty MGS4. I'm assuming the new box will have a blue ray player and with all the upgraded features it would be able to run it no problem. Also it seems like a no brainier to bring it to the new Xbox to make even more money on the game. So I'm wondering your guys opinion, thoughts, comments. Do you guys think it will be ported, or am I just hopelessly hanging onto the it.
I JUST D0 WORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
Dark Anaconda

I wish they would do that, but honestly i doubt it. I wish Xbox360 players could get the all mighty MGS4, Demon Souls AND ALL the God of War Games.
In exchange for that, ps3 players should get all the Halo and Gears of War Games.

But this is just a dream and will never happen...
Dark Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
KirbyTheAlmighty

foxhound kirby's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Anaconda View Post
I wish they would do that, but honestly i doubt it. I wish Xbox360 players could get the all mighty MGS4, Demon Souls AND ALL the God of War Games.
In exchange for that, ps3 players should get all the Halo and Gears of War Games.

But this is just a dream and will never happen...
That would be the worst.
Competition is good.

Xbox One / Day One
KirbyTheAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
surreal_82

FXN Shadow's Gamercard
Probably not as I imagine ground zeroes will be current generation and then tell true MGS 5 will be on next gen.
surreal_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
I JUST D0 WORK

GriZzly GRiP's Gamercard
Ahhh I will just have to keep hoping

And yes competition is a good thing I agree with you on that, but I think it's done it's job by helping sell ps3's and I'd love to see it on next gen Xbox.

Last edited by I JUST D0 WORK; 03-10-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #6
TomtheIronMan

Sgt Harvey's Gamercard
Actually Kojima went on record shortly after launch saying the 360 was more than capable of running MGS4, the reason why he delayed the game a whole year was to wait for the dual layer 50GB blu-ray disc because he wanted to use uncompressed DTS audio. If he were to settle for a traditional (and easier to manager) Dolby Digital track they could easily fit it onto 3 or 4 DVDs as the bulk of the blu-ray data was just audio.
TomtheIronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
ChaosTheoryV2X

ChaosTheory V2X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyTheAlmighty View Post
That would be the worst.
Competition is good.
I agree on competition but after a few years I see no harm in games going multiplatform. However some never will as they are owned by the actual console company - i.e. Halo.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised in MGS4 makes the jump at some point, possibly just a digital download version or something along those lines. Its an easy way to make money off an already finished product (hence the recent tradition of HD bundles).
ChaosTheoryV2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
I JUST D0 WORK

GriZzly GRiP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheoryV2X View Post
I agree on competition but after a few years I see no harm in games going multiplatform. However some never will as they are owned by the actual console company - i.e. Halo.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised in MGS4 makes the jump at some point, possibly just a digital download version or something along those lines. Its an easy way to make money off an already finished product (hence the recent tradition of HD bundles).

Exactly my thought. Company's want to maximize and this would surely do so. Like u said it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to make a digital port.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #9
BSM

lol's Gamercard
As much as I would love to play 4 I'm happy we even got MGS HD collection and MGR R
BSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #10
SushiWashi4268

Sushi Washi4268's Gamercard
Seeing as how the next Xbox is rumoured to have Blu-ray the next CD format will surely be bigger than the current DVD-9 used on Xbox360. I honestly don't see why not, though the jokes used in MGS4 (like on Zanzibar) might be an issue if they decide to re-do the voice work (they talk about switching to CD2 as it was the case in MGS1 using Sony's branded names)
SushiWashi4268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
surreal_82

FXN Shadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiWashi4268 View Post
Seeing as how the next Xbox is rumoured to have Blu-ray the next CD format will surely be bigger than the current DVD-9 used on Xbox360. I honestly don't see why not, though the jokes used in MGS4 (like on Zanzibar) might be an issue if they decide to re-do the voice work (they talk about switching to CD2 as it was the case in MGS1 using Sony's branded names)
Yea the in game jokes had me giggling as I remember the original MGS the first time round on psone lol.

It is also the sole reason I got a PS3 this year when the super slim was released cheap, got a hdd off amazon and joined ps+... I reasoned if I could buy collectors edition of Skyrim for whatever that cost at release I could buy mgs4 and a ps3 for the same price combined it was worth it... And it's good 3d blu ray player... So far had 16 free full games in 3 months... And barely used it other than blu ray and mgs4... Sure the games will probably end up being a rainy day thing but mostly its gathering dust.
surreal_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
monchow

Monchow's Gamercard
I doubt MGS4 will ever be on the x-box, I remember it being very anti-Microsoft. with all the computers being apple branded and the NPCs using PSPs in game etc. Yet its still proabaly one of the best boss fights I have ever played
monchow is offline   Reply With Quote