Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
Free Beer

Free Beer's Gamercard
Help with Mortardom Achievement

So, I was kind of lazy when it came to getting the Halo 4 Achievements.

Anyway, I'm trying to get Mortardom and every guide and video says you have to steal the first wraith. And I've done that. But, the path that you HAVE to take to get to the next area after you steal it has a river of acid going across it. As soon as I try to cross it with the wraith, I just blow up...

Am I missing something here? it's happened to me twice already...

(Wraith is near 100% health too btw)

Old 03-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You steal the 1st wraith in the area where you intially take on the Lich. Use it to destroy the other wraiths in the area, then continue with the level. After meeting the Librarian, you'll end up in an outdoor segment again. Hijack another Wraith tank and take out the remaining wraiths needed for the cheevo.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
Free Beer

Free Beer's Gamercard
That doesn't help me though. There aren't enough wraiths to do it that way I don't think...

I need to know how to get it past the acid river.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #4
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
You steal the 1st wraith in the area where you intially take on the Lich. Use it to destroy the other wraiths in the area, then continue with the level.
Free Beer, this is one segment of the mission. You can't obtain the achievement here/continue to use the wraith you hijacked during the Lich sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
That doesn't help me though. There aren't enough wraiths to do it that way I don't think...

I need to know how to get it past the acid river.
You can't get past the acid river with your wraith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
After meeting the Librarian, you'll end up in an outdoor segment again. Hijack another Wraith tank and take out the remaining wraiths needed for the cheevo.

So basically, earlier in the mission during the Lich sequence, you hijack a wraith and use that wraith to possibly detroy another wraith or two. That counts as one(or two) wraiths towards getting Mortardom. Now you need to destroy four(or three) more wraiths with a hijacked wraith. The area directly after you meet the Librarian has plenty of wraiths for you to hijack and destroy.

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 03-10-2013 at 05:49 AM.
LickableLemons7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
Spartan Green

Spartan Green's Gamercard
I managed to do this without trying to steal a wraith in the first segment. On Legendary at least, there are enough wraiths in the last segment to pull this off. there are at least 6 wraiths in this bit. as i recall, i used the scorpion to destroy the first wraith right in front of me as i teleported back to the outside segment. then, i used the jetpack and sniper to take out anyone who could be a threat to me while boarding the second wraith. i guess it would help to get a checkpoint and maybe use the save and quit feature. the final bit pits you against wraith after wraith, well, at least 4. but it can get messy. hope this helps.
Spartan Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard
I learned if you punch the little wings off your Wraith you can actually fit it inside the Mammoth. This way if you're having trouble using every Wraith for a kill you can ride across the river and HAVE a Wraith for the Lich part giving you at least a one-up on the kill count.
RBmaster9345 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
smashingrascal

smashingrascal's Gamercard
There are enough wraiths in this level for 2 players to get the achievement.
smashingrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #8
Free Beer

Free Beer's Gamercard
Thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna give this another go later tonight I think.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
Free Beer

Free Beer's Gamercard
Just popped the achievement a little bit ago. Thanks for all your help, fellas.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #10
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
For this, I hijacked the very first wrath and used that to destroy everything right up until you get to the second river. I destroyed at least 8 wraths with the one I took.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
You can't get past the acid river with your wraith.
That's not entirely accurate. You can't cross the second river at all, but you can cross the first if you find the right spot. I just followed the mammoth across the river without problems. Just park your wrath behind the mammoth when it's straddling the river, get in the mammoth to make it start moving, jump out again before the back door closes, jump in the wrath and drive across the river. If you try to go around the mammoth then you'll fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #11
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
For this, I hijacked the very first wrath and used that to destroy everything right up until you get to the second river. I destroyed at least 8 wraths with the one I took.

That's not entirely accurate. You can't cross the second river at all, but you can cross the first if you find the right spot. I just followed the mammoth across the river without problems. Just park your wrath behind the mammoth when it's straddling the river, get in the mammoth to make it start moving, jump out again before the back door closes, jump in the wrath and drive across the river. If you try to go around the mammoth then you'll fail.
I actually went around the mammoth. The mammoth was parked on the river, I went on the right side of it and just boosted through it. Maybe it was lucky but its definitely possible.

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote