Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #61
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Here you go LOSERZ!

*=*

bwuahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #62
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Here you go LOSERZ!

*=*

I think I'll purposely try for those, not going to lie.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #63
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Do that and I honestly think you'd have at least 2/3 of the competitors purposely not scoring on the first day
I agree with Kaleido. If that actually becomes an award, the whole tournament will be over on the first day.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #64
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
I swear I posted this already, but what time is whatever you said in the UK? Maybe an idea to put all available times so anyone who can't work out the difference doesn't miss out (of course I am not in included in that )?
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #65
a_correa4

acedawg4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Im down....
Old 03-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #66
a_correa4

acedawg4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ps - not sure im unable to pull up the rules, but im down to play anywayz :-)
Old 03-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #67
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_correa4 View Post
Im down....
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_correa4 View Post
Ps - not sure im unable to pull up the rules, but im down to play anywayz :-)
No you're not "down" to play I'm afraid.

I'm guessing you didn't read the title or first post at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Post here if you wish to participate in the April Staff/Subscriber's.

Eligibility:
You must be a staff member and/or subscriber when you sign up and maintain that status throughout the competition period. Basically, if you click on the link above and access is denied, you are NOT eligible.

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 03-21-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #68
Obsolete XBA
Master of Bacon (the cat)

Send a message via MSN to Obsolete XBA Send a message via Skype™ to Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Submit - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
I swear I posted this already, but what time is whatever you said in the UK? Maybe an idea to put all available times so anyone who can't work out the difference doesn't miss out (of course I am not in included in that )?
I second this! I'm also not included in that... ahem.. *looks to the floor nervously*
Old 03-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #69
FabledGamerHero

FabledGamerHero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - First Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Sign me up. I am going for 100K GS before I hit 2 months, so needing to get a lot of achievements each day will help keep me motivated.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #70
VforVendetta

VforVendettaXBL's Gamercard
Have fun, guys!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #71
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Guess I know what book Jappe has been reading

The fact that this picture exists somewhere on the internet is absolutely hilarious

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
Old 03-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #72
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Guess I know what book Jappe has been reading

How did you discover my latest e-book orders hacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Winning by virtue of unemployment. It's a time honoured tradition
First time for me! Going to take everything out of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabledGamerHero View Post
Sign me up. I am going for 100K GS before I hit 2 months, so needing to get a lot of achievements each day will help keep me motivated.
If you're going to get 92,000 gamerscore in 2 months that's nice. Took me what, 3 years to get my 100k

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 03-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #73
FabledGamerHero

FabledGamerHero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - First Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
If you're going to get 92,000 gamerscore in 2 months that's nice. Took me what, 3 years to get my 100k
Well I only need about 1600 per day obviously with working full time most GS would be earned on the weekends.

I have enough Retail games that take less than 10 hours to complete to get the 100K so I figured I would set a really high bar. This is not my first account, I just decided to go for keeping 100% completion so I started a new account and am now trying to catch up to the point where my old account is as quick as possible. My old account has over 160K and I used that for about 3 years.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #74
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabledGamerHero View Post
Well I only need about 1600 per day obviously with working full time most GS would be earned on the weekends.

I have enough Retail games that take less than 10 hours to complete to get the 100K so I figured I would set a really high bar. This is not my first account, I just decided to go for keeping 100% completion so I started a new account and am now trying to catch up to the point where my old account is as quick as possible. My old account has over 160K and I used that for about 3 years.
If you manage to pull that off then respect to you, man

I could probably pull that off if I had no job and I started a fresh account. Also would eat up probably about $500 for the games required. 1600 in a day doesn't sound bad but when you miss a day then it's already 3200 for another day

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 03-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #75
Skorpion XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
Quote:
Here you go LOSERZ!

*=*

I hope like hell I'm not the first one out lol.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #76
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Here you go LOSERZ!

*=*

I'd be to ashamed to ever come back to this site if I was stuck with that in my award showcase lol.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #77
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
I'd be to ashamed to ever come back to this site if I was stuck with that in my award showcase lol.
Would be kind of funny if that happened and you left the site on 9,999 posts.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #78
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
That would be the best reason to use the subscriber perk of reordering awards. Get every other award bumped up to be ahead of that one and bury it so no one sees.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:58 AM   #79
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
That would be the best reason to use the subscriber perk of reordering awards. Get every other award bumped up to be ahead of that one and bury it so no one sees.
Subs can reorder their awards?! This is news to me.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #80
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I think this is the first time I've actually looked forward to a Monday. I want this tourny to start so I can actually play some games.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #81
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Question! If I have no game/time to earn an achievement in until Tuesday, does that mean I automatically get eliminated on the first day (Monday) for obtaining zero achievements?

Old 03-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #82
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Question! If I have no game/time to earn an achievement in until Tuesday, does that mean I automatically get eliminated on the first day (Monday) for obtaining zero achievements?
Yes it does. Best find time if you want to stay in.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #83
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Quote:
Yup, enjoy your award.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #84
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Yes it does. Best find time if you want to stay in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
Yup, enjoy your award.

Damnit! And I'm not even one of the ones who actually want that award lol. My schedule this month is way too busy between my college classes, work/volunteering hours to even be able to get on at all some days...so I'll probably get eliminated within a week regardless. Oh well Hopefully I'll be free and less busy during the next tourney.

Last edited by BiggD; 03-30-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #85
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Damnit! And I'm not even one of the ones who actually want that award lol. My schedule this month is way too busy between my college classes, work/volunteering hours to even be able to get on at all some days...so I'll probably get eliminated within a week regardless. Oh well Hopefully I'll be free and less busy during the next tourney.
There are a number of games with achievements that you can get with no skill in just a minute or two. My recommendation would be Splosion Man, since there are 4 achievements that can be earned in 5 minutes or less that you will not get unless you try. View the Credits, change the control set up, splode 300 times, don't kill anyone on the first level. All of these can be done in a minute or two (or 5). Plus, the game is awesome.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:25 AM   #86
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
There are a number of games with achievements that you can get with no skill in just a minute or two. My recommendation would be Splosion Man, since there are 4 achievements that can be earned in 5 minutes or less that you will not get unless you try. View the Credits, change the control set up, splode 300 times, don't kill anyone on the first level. All of these can be done in a minute or two (or 5). Plus, the game is awesome.
True, true. I probably won't even have the time nor desire to sign onto Live, but I'd rather not lose in the first week so I'll rely on those cheap and free Arcade games if necessary.

Last edited by BiggD; 03-31-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #87
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Closed Thread