PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Gaming
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
x360a Community Cooperative Gaming

Welcome to the x360a Community Cooperative Gaming forum!

This forum will be used to pick a game of the week for x360a members to play together cooperatively. Note this is not a boosting session with a focus on achievements, but more a cooperative adventure to have fun and interact with other members of x360a. If achievements happen along the way, awesome! However, that is not the primary purpose.

After a game is selected, there will be a thread where members can announce their intention to join in along with some times throughout the week for us to aim for. Staff will join in as we can, and I would like to figure out some nice shiny badges to go along with participating in these events.

All of this is subject to change over time as we try different approaches and gather feedback from the community.

Grif Edit:
The focus has changed recently to include more than just Co-Op. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to hearing from our membership in the future. For more info and to give more feedback, click the following link:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=498817

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 06-24-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Update June 24, 2013
Old 03-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Where did this idea come from? Either way, I like this idea! As long as we pick some games I own.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I like this idea, it's always nice to have a break from achievement hunting and just do some gaming.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
Where did this idea come from? Either way, I like this idea! As long as we pick some games I own.
Purple Hooter I believe is who suggested this.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Purple Hooter I believe is who suggested this.
Well, then props to Purple Hooter. I do have one concern though: Isn't this stepping over the "Ambassador Gaming Nights" thing a bit? Sure, this is a full community thing, but one of the perks of being an Ambassador would to be able to play in their game nights. Or did I get the purpose wrong?

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Well, then props to Purple Hooter. I do have one concern though: Isn't this stepping over the "Ambassador Gaming Nights" thing a bit? Sure, this is a full community thing, but one of the perks of being an Ambassador would to be able to play in their game nights. Or did I get the purpose wrong?
The ambassador ones are going to be a bit more structured I think, and are also restricted to members of the ambassador program.

This is going to be a bit more casual.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
TR0UBLE

Trouble 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I like this idea, but hopefully people pick games I do own as Ceris said
Old 03-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

With a different game every week, as long as you nominate yours then I am sure it will happen. I own over 300 titles, and I bet we still will pick ones that I don't own now and then. You don't have to play every week.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
TR0UBLE

Trouble 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
With a different game every week, as long as you nominate yours then I am sure it will happen. I own over 300 titles, and I bet we still will pick ones that I don't own now and then. You don't have to play every week.
Yea true, I'm glad you came up with this idea creech would like to meet some x360a members outside of the forums and onto the gaming world of xbox live.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Creech you are like the greatest thing thats ever happened to this website..

That my attempt at being a kiss-ass, but we all know it is true

I am a big fan of Call of Duty, I realize a lot of people on here do not like it, but a lot of my real life friends do not play CoD anymore and its never as much fun my myself. So I would like to play with some people I would know around here on Black Ops 2 or something.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #11
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Nice idea, lucky there are like 6 Gamestops within spitting distance of me so I can switch up my pre-owned returns when games I don't have pop up lol.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Old 03-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #12
Spade.
A La Rev

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I'll grab whatever game gets chosen within my ability. A nice CoD / halo / BF would be and easy first.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
I'll grab whatever game gets chosen within my ability. A nice CoD / halo / BF would be and easy first.
What would be fun would be getting together a Search and Destroy team for CoD. But many people on here are not CoD fans.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #14
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I remember a few years ago I played RDR with a full lobby, and we all went off to hunt bears. Using our hands. I'd love to see a full lobby of people for Red Dead Redemption again.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Could some enterprising soul throw together a list of how many people can fit into a co-op session for each of these titles?

I know BP is 8, Halo I think is 4. RDR is pretty high up there if I recall, 16 or so.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #16
Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Quote:
Could some enterprising soul throw together a list of how many people can fit into a co-op session for each of these titles?

I know BP is 8, Halo I think is 4. RDR is pretty high up there if I recall, 16 or so.
Not sure if you're talking about full lobbies, or per team. So, I'll include both. I can give it a looksie.

Red Dead Redemption: 16 players
Battlefield 3: 2 players
Black Ops 1 & 2: 4 players (Zombies)
Modern Warfare 2, & 3: (Spec Ops)
Burnout: Paradise: 8 players
Borderlands 1 & 2: 4 players

Last edited by Yunder; 03-12-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #17
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Remember this is co-op gaming...Not sure that a COD deathmatch lobby is what I would consider co-op. I know there are some co-op modes in COD, but I don't remember them supporting 18 players.

Burnout Paradise is definitely 8, though.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #18
Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Quote:
Remember this is co-op gaming...Not sure that a COD deathmatch lobby is what I would consider co-op. I know there are some co-op modes in COD, but I don't remember them supporting 18 players.

Burnout Paradise is definitely 8, though.
Then I shall change it to 4 and 2 for Zombies and Spec Ops.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #19
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Tournaments, Ambassador sessions, Co-ops sessions..man these just keep on coming. More excuses to play..good thing!

Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #20
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
good idea....I'll jump into any sessions of games I own.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #21
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
The ambassador ones are going to be a bit more structured I think, and are also restricted to members of the ambassador program.

This is going to be a bit more casual.
Just a FYI, but we've been using ambassador sessions (so far) to recruit more people to the site and into the program as well. So not strictly for ambassadors.

In any case, more gaming with site members is better IMO. I look forward to some opportunities to play with people from our community.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #22
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks man, much appreciated!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #23
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #24
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 43 (more» ...)
Was wondering when this would come to fruition. Look forward to some sessions, especially if I can get a few pesky achievements out the way as we play for good measure
Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 AM   #25
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This is an awesome idea. I am very interested in this, as I do not have any friends that play online anymore.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #26
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I think this is a wonderful idea! I hope to participate in some of these in the future!

I don't mind. Forget it. There's nothing to lose
But my mind and all the things I wanted

Old 03-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #27
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Super excited about this. At first I thought it was gonna more PVP stuff but it's not. It's totally my favorite kind of gaming! I will gladly jump into any sessions I can
Old 03-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #28
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Would it help to post a copy of your "this week's game" thread in a more visible way? For instance, a if a new game is the featured game (let's say the new Gears game) post a thread in the Gears' forum so that the heavy traffic will see the open invite. In the instance of BP or Red Dead, post the thread in either "games" or "general xbox360 discussion" where there's more Internet traffic to increase visibility.

Or would this just create too much clutter and not help get more people involved?
Old 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #29
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Would it help to post a copy of your "this week's game" thread in a more visible way? For instance, a if a new game is the featured game (let's say the new Gears game) post a thread in the Gears' forum so that the heavy traffic will see the open invite. In the instance of BP or Red Dead, post the thread in either "games" or "general xbox360 discussion" where there's more Internet traffic to increase visibility.

Or would this just create too much clutter and not help get more people involved?
I think that is a great idea. Want to go create threads in BP and RDR forums?

Old 03-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #30
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Quote:
I think that is a great idea. Want to go create threads in BP and RDR forums?
To be clear, you want posts in the discussion and games forum as well as these:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...lay.php?f=1335
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...play.php?f=430

Or did I misunderstand? I don't mind the legwork, just wanna make sure I'm doing it right.

Edit: made the first announcement:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=433004

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 03-20-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Link
Closed Thread