PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #32
GalaxyRed13

Send a message via AIM to GalaxyRed13 Send a message via Yahoo to GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I hope the next part will be later today, because Part 16 ending right there right before going into the projector is weird. lol

EDIT: Considering where you stopped the video, I went on through the projector using a video I found on Youtube where the film reel is, so I'm in the lab waiting now. But I'm unsure if you're staying there, or just grabbing the chest by the projector and returning back to the bridge, to cross it and get to the other projector (so there's no point in coming back to the area later).

Last edited by GalaxyRed13; 04-19-2013 at 10:32 PM.
GalaxyRed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #33
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyRed13 View Post
I hope the next part will be later today, because Part 16 ending right there right before going into the projector is weird. lol

EDIT: Considering where you stopped the video, I went on through the projector using a video I found on Youtube where the film reel is, so I'm in the lab waiting now. But I'm unsure if you're staying there, or just grabbing the chest by the projector and returning back to the bridge, to cross it and get to the other projector (so there's no point in coming back to the area later).
Can you actually go back to Disney Gulch then? On my game, when I first enter the Mad Doctor's lab for the boss fight, both projectors shut off, so I don't think you can just head back through the projector again straight away? At least you got the film reel, I chose the wrong path if I remember correctly, so I had to return to get it anyway!
XBL Rarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #35
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBL Rarity View Post
Can you actually go back to Disney Gulch then? On my game, when I first enter the Mad Doctor's lab for the boss fight, both projectors shut off, so I don't think you can just head back through the projector again straight away? At least you got the film reel, I chose the wrong path if I remember correctly, so I had to return to get it anyway!
I didn't look at the time to see if the projector was still on or not, since I turned the game off after the auto-saved finished. But I turned it on just now and noticed it was off. But at least I went the right way. lol

EDIT: By the way, I'm not sure if you know this, but I've seen someone else's videos of the game, and they were able to get two collectible pins in Dark Beauty Castle, instead of just the Charge It Pin. It required you to thin out the last machine that you need to charge in the room before it for the pin to show up (which is the Beauty Only Thin-Deep Pin). You don't have to worry about missing the Charge It Pin doing that, since you can reach it outside, by double jumping up to it before gliding across that one spot with Oswald. The only thing you'll miss is those three chests going to the top of that room that usually just has tickets in them (which isn't all that important really). I know Beauty Only Thin-Deep can just be gotten from the Pin Trader later, but this way, you don't have to keep buying bags until you get it later.

Last edited by GalaxyRed13; 04-20-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #36
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Quote:
I didn't look at the time to see if the projector was still on or not, since I turned the game off after the auto-saved finished. But I turned it on just now and noticed it was off. But at least I went the right way. lol

EDIT: By the way, I'm not sure if you know this, but I've seen someone else's videos of the game, and they were able to get two collectible pins in Dark Beauty Castle, instead of just the Charge It Pin. It required you to thin out the last machine that you need to charge in the room before it for the pin to show up (which is the Beauty Only Thin-Deep Pin). You don't have to worry about missing the Charge It Pin doing that, since you can reach it outside, by double jumping up to it before gliding across that one spot with Oswald. The only thing you'll miss is those three chests going to the top of that room that usually just has tickets in them (which isn't all that important really). I know Beauty Only Thin-Deep can just be gotten from the Pin Trader later, but this way, you don't have to keep buying bags until you get it later.
Ha, no I didn't know that! This game never fails to surprise me at how strange it can be sometimes. It's like "Eh, whatever you choose, we'll give you both pins for it". I only use Thinner after the game is complete to get the remaining pins, but if you can get both of these pins in Dark Beauty Castle at the same time, go for it!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #38
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

I had something that I should probably say, since this part also had a similar thing in it. Two parts before this one, you had a part of the video acting really weird. I'm not sure if that was your encode, or if it was something that happened with the game while you were recording, and you just didn't fix it (or you just decided to do it to be funny). The parts don't mess with anything in the actual guide itself, but they seem to be "WTF moments".

The first time it happened was when you take the balloon ride from Mean Street South to North, talking to the Gremlin, and he says "How about a ride?", then during the "loading screen", his voice repeats the line a couple of times, ending with him doing it in slow motion. Not sure if you did that on purpose or not.

The second time, during an underground area, where you're trying to push that generator (and you couldn't finish it in that video), right before you put the text up to explain that, you had the video going in super slow motion.

The third time, this last part, ended with you talking to Ortensia to get the quest updated, then left the house. Then before you ended the video, you showed yourself go back in and talk to her, and put the video in slow motion again (voice and all) while she spoke.

Anyway, regardless, I'm going to wait until you have the next boss defeated in your videos before I continue to follow them again. Having to wait a day for a new part each time and start following that part makes things go really slow.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #39
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Quote:
I had something that I should probably say, since this part also had a similar thing in it. Two parts before this one, you had a part of the video acting really weird. I'm not sure if that was your encode, or if it was something that happened with the game while you were recording, and you just didn't fix it (or you just decided to do it to be funny). The parts don't mess with anything in the actual guide itself, but they seem to be "WTF moments".

The first time it happened was when you take the balloon ride from Mean Street South to North, talking to the Gremlin, and he says "How about a ride?", then during the "loading screen", his voice repeats the line a couple of times, ending with him doing it in slow motion. Not sure if you did that on purpose or not.

The second time, during an underground area, where you're trying to push that generator (and you couldn't finish it in that video), right before you put the text up to explain that, you had the video going in super slow motion.

The third time, this last part, ended with you talking to Ortensia to get the quest updated, then left the house. Then before you ended the video, you showed yourself go back in and talk to her, and put the video in slow motion again (voice and all) while she spoke.

Anyway, regardless, I'm going to wait until you have the next boss defeated in your videos before I continue to follow them again. Having to wait a day for a new part each time and start following that part makes things go really slow.
They're little bonuses that I usually forget to delete whilst horsing around in Sony Vegas. And that's cool if you wanna wait, though you may be waiting a while, back on night shifts at work this week!

Last edited by XBL Rarity; 04-22-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #40
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Quote:
And that's cool if you wanna wait, though you may be waiting a while, back on night shifts at work this week!
I know you posted this at the beginning of the week, so you're likely not working night shift now (unless you are until Monday, anyway). I just felt that I should go ahead and say that, it isn't that I want to wait, but your videos are pretty much a 100% guide (I can't seem to find any others that come close, by text or video), and I already finished part 18. That's why I'm waiting this time until you get to the boss in episode 2, since you seemed to only be uploading one video a day. Also since your videos haven't been more than 10 minutes a piece usually, I'm stuck in a waiting game. I'm sure others are too, obviously, but I haven't seen anyone else post in the thread since I started posting.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #41
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Quote:
I know you posted this at the beginning of the week, so you're likely not working night shift now (unless you are until Monday, anyway). I just felt that I should go ahead and say that, it isn't that I want to wait, but your videos are pretty much a 100% guide (I can't seem to find any others that come close, by text or video), and I already finished part 18. That's why I'm waiting this time until you get to the boss in episode 2, since you seemed to only be uploading one video a day. Also since your videos haven't been more than 10 minutes a piece usually, I'm stuck in a waiting game. I'm sure others are too, obviously, but I haven't seen anyone else post in the thread since I started posting.
Well, I finish night shifts tonight, so I'll make sure to upload some more parts this coming week. The only other thing I could do is maybe take my Laptop to work with me and render videos there. I do care work, and at the moment I do "Sleep Ins" meaning that unless someone needs help during the night, I'm pretty much on standby, so maybe I could render videos whilst I'm waiting to be called on.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #43
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Part 20 (Two videos in one day?!!!)
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #44
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Nice. Hopefully doing more than one a day will get you finishing at least up to the second boss by the end of the week. Or earlier, depending on how many parts you have that goes that far (since I think the earlier parts for episode 1 (first boss) was so long because of all of the gremlin quests, which I don't believe there's anymore of).
Old 04-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #45
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Quote:
Nice. Hopefully doing more than one a day will get you finishing at least up to the second boss by the end of the week. Or earlier, depending on how many parts you have that goes that far (since I think the earlier parts for episode 1 (first boss) was so long because of all of the gremlin quests, which I don't believe there's anymore of).
Yeah, I just like to do a lot of the optional stuff first, that's why my videos sometimes take a while to actually get to the meat of the game!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #46
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Part 21 (no second part today, did some more recording)

Last edited by XBL Rarity; 04-30-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #47
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Part 22

Some other things I just wanna add as well:
1. I apologise in advance for some of the terrible gameplay when I reach VentureLand and the Train Tunnels. My mind just went completely blank sometimes when it came to figuring out what to do!
2. I had another major recording session today (I'm now up to Autotopia), and most of the side quests that are known to glitch, HAVEN'T! Meaning I should be all good for getting the Perfectionist achievement!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #50
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Quote:
2. I had another major recording session today (I'm now up to Autotopia), and most of the side quests that are known to glitch, HAVEN'T! Meaning I should be all good for getting the Perfectionist achievement!
I hope the glitch doesn't happen with me, then.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #51
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Quote:
I hope the glitch doesn't happen with me, then.
Let's hope so, "Watch The Skies!" and "Donald's Date" are the quests that usually glitch for me!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #52
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Just a quick update, I have now completed the main storyline, just need to purchase a few more pins and finish the last side quest, and that's it! I've decided to prioritize recording over uploading footage for the past few days, as I'm doing night shifts next week, so I'll make sure to upload some videos next week!

EDIT: Finally did it! Now time to upload some stuff!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9560786...in/photostream

Last edited by XBL Rarity; 05-09-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #53
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Quote:
Just a quick update, I have now completed the main storyline, just need to purchase a few more pins and finish the last side quest, and that's it! I've decided to prioritize recording over uploading footage for the past few days, as I'm doing night shifts next week, so I'll make sure to upload some videos next week!

EDIT: Finally did it! Now time to upload some stuff!

I was wondering why there wasn't any new videos for awhile. That's a good idea, then.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #54
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
I'm wondering whether or not to include me purchasing all the costumes though. All you have to do is farm cloth and take them to the costume shop. You don't really need me to show you that do you?
Old 05-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #55
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm wondering whether or not to include me purchasing all the costumes though. All you have to do is farm cloth and take them to the costume shop. You don't really need me to show you that do you?
Not really. Just mention it maybe. lol
Old 05-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #56
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Exactly, I mean, I need to gather over 400 pieces of cloth for a start!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #57
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Quote:
Exactly, I mean, I need to gather over 400 pieces of cloth for a start!
I'm thinking you can get more cloth if you buy the Brave Little Tailor costume for Mickey (since it sounds like it would make sense, and it would be similar to his Construction Worker costume for scrap metal).
Old 05-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #58
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm thinking you can get more cloth if you buy the Brave Little Tailor costume for Mickey (since it sounds like it would make sense, and it would be similar to his Construction Worker costume for scrap metal).
I mean, I might record buying the clothes, but at the end of the day, you know, "Perfectionist" and "Master Pin Collector" are the real reasons my guide was made!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #59
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Quote:
I mean, I might record buying the clothes, but at the end of the day, you know, "Perfectionist" and "Master Pin Collector" are the real reasons my guide was made!
Yeah, but you can still mention that you had to farm for the other costumes (and maybe tell people to buy the Brave Little Tailor outfit first, if they don't have all of the pieces before they finish the story, so they can make the farming easier).
Old 05-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #60
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, but you can still mention that you had to farm for the other costumes (and maybe tell people to buy the Brave Little Tailor outfit first, if they don't have all of the pieces before they finish the story, so they can make the farming easier).
Alrite, sounds good!