PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Sleeping Dogs > Year of the Snake
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Rights of Use:
This guide is a collaboration between The BiggD, and Ty-Rex. It is not to be used without consent of either author or Website Admin.

Overview
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10
-Offline: 4/4 (100)
-Online: 0/4 (0)
-Approximate amount of time to 100: 2-3 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: None
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: N/A
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed: None
-Cost of DLC: 560 Microsoft Points ($7 USD)

Introduction
Wei Shen's story continues in Year of the Snake as he rejoins the ranks of the Hong Kong Police Department in a series of new missions set immediately after the main game. He's been busted down to a lowly constable until he is fully trusted by the Hong Kong police, but a series of bombings by a mysterious Cult of the Snake puts him back in the action. While fighting the vicious new cult on the streets of Hong Kong, you'll be able to experience some new vehicles, new weaponry, and unlock four new achievements along the way.

Playthrough
This DLC is started from the main menu. There are a total of four achievements that can be obtained through this DLC. Bomb Squad and Cult Master will be obtained through the storyline and cannot be missed. There are a total of 20 collectibles in the form of Evidence Bags scattered throughout Kennedy Town, Central, and Aberdeen which can be obtained during, or after the main storyline. Finding all the collectibles will unlock Goodie Monster. Lastly, there will be four yellow speech bubbles (Favors) and eight light blue police badges (Side Jobs) that appear on your map while playing through the DLC. These can be completed at any time during the DLC in order to obtain Hong Kong's Finest.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hong Kong’s Finest 20
Complete all Secondary Content.

Secondary Content appears on the map as yellow speech bubbles (Favors) and light blue police badges (Side Jobs). As you progress through the main story, you will be able to complete these side objectives whenever you desire. They range from arresting cultist gang members to driving car-bombs into the harbor. There are 4 Favors and 8 Side Jobs to do. After completing all 12 secondary objectives, you will unlock the achievement.

List of the favors:
  • Protect the Lion Dancer
  • Delivery Boy
  • Help the Rookie
  • Lucky Money
List of the Side Jobs:
  • Public Disturbance (Party Pooper)
  • Indecent Behavior (Urine Trouble)
  • Plaza Patrol (Plaza Patrol)
  • Suspicious Vehicle (Bomb in the Bay)
  • Suspicious Vehicle (Bombs Away)
  • Suspicious Vehicle (Kennedy Park)
  • Park Patrol
  • Known Cultist Hideout
Goodie Monster 15
Find all Evidence Collectibles.

While this can be done during the main storyline, it is suggested that you work towards this achievement after beating the last mission, New Year's Eve. Once the story is complete, you can open the map and press to see where the bags are located. There are a total of 20 Evidence Bags around the city and they appear as grey circles on the map. Once you find a bag, their icon on the map becomes white.

Thanks to Ty-Rex, for an excellent video and map for all 20 Evidence Bags.

Bomb Squad 15
Complete the first mission.

Story-related, cannot be missed.

During the first mission of the game, you’ll need to catch a total of three suspects around the Kennedy Town plaza and dispose of a suspicious vehicle. Soon after, you are given an address to investigate. Head to the location of the address and after a small gang fight and cutscene, the achievement will unlock once the mission is complete.

Cult Master 50
Defeat the cultists.

Story-related, cannot be missed.

After completing the last mission of the DLC, New Year's Eve, you will earn the achievement. During this mission, you will need to drive Inspector Teng and a fellow officer to the harbor. Once you arrive, Inspector Teng will drive a speedboat to a shipping platform out in the bay. After a small firefight on the deck, you will confront the cultist leader and the mission is complete.

Below is the order of all the main storyline missions:
  • Illumination
  • Bomb Threat: Shopping Center
  • Bomb Threat: Suspicious Vehicles
  • Bomb Threat: POI
  • Transit Security
  • Cease Operations
  • SDU: Soho Riots
  • SDU: Nerve Gas
  • SDU: Park Assault
  • SDU: Dockyard Confrontation
  • New Year's Eve

Last edited by BiggD; 03-25-2013 at 04:47 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Awesome once I done last achievement in DS 3 DLC then I go on this game.

Big hugs or shake a hand to you for bought guide in day one for DLC.

Using your guide of course.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Fuck bro, I'm at Prestige 3/LV 56 now in Tomb Raider and you know what really hard is!? To keep on doing this grind while you have two great DLCs in the back waiting.

Unlocked the first achievement of this DLCs and I can't wait to finish it. Already had my good times and laugh when WEI SHEN started swearing again. Nice to see your guide up now, FOR GOOD THIS TIME hehe.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevo360 View Post
Awesome once I done last achievement in DS 3 DLC then I go on this game.

Big hugs or shake a hand to you for bought guide in day one for DLC.

Using your guide of course.
Thanks for the feedback, cheevo Hope you like the DLC, it was pretty fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Fuck bro, I'm at Prestige 3/LV 56 now in Tomb Raider and you know what really hard is!? To keep on doing this grind while you have two great DLCs in the back waiting.

Unlocked the first achievement of this DLCs and I can't wait to finish it. Already had my good times and laugh when WEI SHEN started swearing again. Nice to see your guide up now, FOR GOOD THIS TIME hehe.
Dude, you're only 2 levels away from Shopaholic?! That's legit man

The DLC was pretty fun, short, but fun. Wei Shen is a funny guy!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I'm capturing video of all the evidence bags as I find them, D. If you don't have a video by the time I'm done, I'll put them all together so you can have that. I can also take a good screenshot of all the bags on the map since it shows where you found them after you pick them up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I'm capturing video of all the evidence bags as I find them, D. If you don't have a video by the time I'm done, I'll put them all together so you can have that. I can also take a good screenshot of all the bags on the map since it shows where you found them after you pick them up.
Ty, that'll be great dude. I stopped short of playing before I could get the rest of the bags and don't have my own capture card, so I'll definitely use your video in the guide. Thanks man A picture of the map with the Bags will be helpful too if you do decide to do that.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
So hey, apparently if you start a new game it resets all the evidence bags you've found, but not your counter in the social hub. I don't know if it will give me the achievement at 20/20 on the hub but not in game, but I'll get back to you on that if it is the case.
Quote:

Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
So hey, apparently if you start a new game it resets all the evidence bags you've found, but not your counter in the social hub. I don't know if it will give me the achievement at 20/20 on the hub but not in game, but I'll get back to you on that if it is the case.
What the hell? That's weird, if it's glitched and you can retrieve the same bag over and over, that'd be interesting lol. But yeah, lemme know cause I probably won't be back on to finish that achievement until late tonight.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Great guide. Love the picture at the top too, I just imagine Wei shouting "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #10
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Yeah you need to get all 20 in one game save. Like you can't keep collecting the one in the apartment and keep reloading your save.for it to unlock no matter what the social hub says.

edit: fuck I just rendered the whole stupid thing and I noticed I didn't put the clips in order ffffffff

godfucking dammit I didn't look at where I was on the map in one of the clips
Quote:

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 03-12-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #11
Reel Big Mike

Reel Big Mike's Gamercard
All of the collectibles are listed on the map, you don't need to use any videos or hunt for them. Just bring up the map screen and press . All of the collectibles (shown as fortune cookie icons) will show up on the map. They are gray and turn white once you've gotten them.
Reel Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Thanks for the feedback, cheevo Hope you like the DLC, it was pretty fun!

Dude, you're only 2 levels away from Shopaholic?! That's legit man

The DLC was pretty fun, short, but fun. Wei Shen is a funny guy!
You welcome. Yeah I enjoy it. Much much and much million times better then first DLC with silly chinese zombies hehehehe
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #13
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Big Mike View Post
All of the collectibles are listed on the map, you don't need to use any videos or hunt for them. Just bring up the map screen and press . All of the collectibles (shown as fortune cookie icons) will show up on the map. They are gray and turn white once you've gotten them.
The collectibles don't show up until you complete the story, but thanks for the protips, Reel Big Mike.
Quote:

Old 03-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #14
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Solid work dude, need to pick this game up again and buy the 2 DLC's ugh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #15
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Okay, done with everything. Taking a picture of the whole map was problematic since the names of the areas would cover one of the icons and also it's just hard to see exactly where things were. So I ended up taking shots of the areas more close-up and then I just stitched them together and circled the icons since they are strangely hard to see.

And video guide:

In general, this was all a great way to make time go by at work now that I'm done with Saint's Row 3.
Quote:

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 03-13-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #16
sarahpero1

bmw's Gamercard
I don't think the game is gonna be too bad.

Last edited by sarahpero1; 03-13-2013 at 01:27 AM.
sarahpero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #17
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Solid work dude, need to pick this game up again and buy the 2 DLC's ugh..
Thanks, my man Square Enix is having a publisher sale today, and it ends the 18th of March. Sleeping Dogs is only $20 and the first DLC is $3.50. Pretty good steal at that price, as those are the prices I got mine when they had a sale couple months back!

Quote:
Okay, done with everything. Taking a picture of the whole map was problematic...I ended up taking shots of the areas more close-up...

[Picture]

[Video Guide]

...In general, this was all a great way to make time go by at work now that I'm done with Saint's Row 3.
Thanks again for these bro. I'll add them in right now. Hopefully the video/pictures wasn't too much of a bother for you. And don't worry about the picture, it looks good the way you made it.

Together, with my text and your pics/videos, we could take over this site.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #18
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
Together, with my text and your pics/videos, we could take over this site.
If we ran this site we could have a constant announcement telling people to work out. It would be great.

Also, I think you should have the small image of the map link to the bigger image on imgur in case people want to zoom in on it and not have it be all pixely.
Quote:

Old 03-13-2013, 03:51 AM   #19
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
If we ran this site we could have a constant announcement telling people to work out. It would be great.

Also, I think you should have the small image of the map link to the bigger image on imgur in case people want to zoom in on it and not have it be all pixely.
Hahah, that would be great, although many users would probably ignore our amazing advice.

I'll fix that up right now, good thinking!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #20
Shdwwrym

Shdwwrym's Gamercard
Quick question about the Goodie Monster tile image: Is that an older picture of it? I unlocked it earlier and it looks like this for me:

... in both my console achievement list and on Xbox.com. Here's a link to the tile on their site: https://live.xbox.com/tiles/Fs/h8/1Y...fn5-pTyAo=.jpg
But the site's checklist and your roadmap have a different image entirely. So considering the site generally makes sure the right tiles are displayed I'm a bit curious what is occuring here, or if I'm somehow just hallucinating. If it is wrong, where should I report it to be corrected? I know there's a forum for reporting missing tiles but it didn't seem to be the right spot for corrections.

Looking For Elliott's Portrait in Fable 3!

Message me if you're organizing something in multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption!

Last edited by Shdwwrym; 03-13-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Shdwwrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #21
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

I noticed you lowered the difficulty to 1/10 from 2/10. That's funny because I was thinking it should be lowered to 1/10 before. Guess it's that New Jersey thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shdwwrym View Post
I don't know where to report it, but you are correct.

That's so weird. The tile in the guide is the one from the PS3 trophy list, but the Xbox list has a different tile. Good catch.
Quote:

Old 03-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #22
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

[quote=Ty-Rex;5630433]I noticed you lowered the difficulty to 1/10 from 2/10. That's funny because I was thinking it should be lowered to 1/10 before. Guess it's that New Jersey thing.

Lol, we Jersians know best. With such straight forward achievements, two be story-related, I had to dumb it down to a 1/10.

Quote:
Quick question about the Goodie Monster tile image: Is that an older picture of it? I unlocked it earlier and it looks like this for me:

[Gold Envelope Tile]

...But the site's checklist and your roadmap have a different image entirely.
Quote:
I don't know where to report it, but you are correct...That's so weird. The tile in the guide is the one from the PS3 trophy list, but the Xbox list has a different tile. Good catch.
I've reported it in the correct Forum and have fixed it in the Guide. Hopefully the Staff fix the achievements on the game's main page sometime this week.

Thanks for the heads up guys. It's weird, because the tile I originally used was what the grey tile looked like on Xbox.com when the achievements were revealed. But when it unlocked, it was the gold envelope.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #23
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Ooooh dropping difficulty from 2/10 to 1/10 but I'm pretty sure this DLC will keep you a little bit longer busy than the one from Dead Space 3. I'll probably leave this one then for last.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #24
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide, just completed it.

Last edited by UberPirateNinja; 03-13-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:32 AM   #25
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Thank for the guide, D. Can't wait for the download to finish so I can get back into Sleeping Dogs for perhaps the final time.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:25 AM   #26
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Ooooh dropping difficulty from 2/10 to 1/10 but I'm pretty sure this DLC will keep you a little bit longer busy than the one from Dead Space 3. I'll probably leave this one then for last.
Yeah man, this DLC was wayyy to easy. Probably take you like 2.5 hours to complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
Thanks for the guide, just completed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle View Post
Thank for the guide, D. Can't wait for the download to finish so I can get back into Sleeping Dogs for perhaps the final time.
Glad it could help you guys

Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #27
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Awesome work The BiggD! I will be using this once I download the DLC. Need to get a few games done.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #28
Shdwwrym

Shdwwrym's Gamercard
Quote:
I've reported it in the correct Forum and have fixed it in the Guide. Hopefully the Staff fix the achievements on the game's main page sometime this week.
Sorry about that The BiggD, I thought it might be that forum but second-guessed it. Next time I'll report it properly and maybe even get an award thing for it. Thanks for the guide and for getting that reported so quickly!

Looking For Elliott's Portrait in Fable 3!

Message me if you're organizing something in multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption!
Shdwwrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #29
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeonOner View Post
Awesome work The BiggD! I will be using this once I download the DLC. Need to get a few games done.
Thanks, man Pretty good DLC, just extremely short if ya ask me.

Quote:
Sorry about that The BiggD, I thought it might be that forum but second-guessed it. Next time I'll report it properly and maybe even get an award thing for it. Thanks for the guide and for getting that reported so quickly!
Don't worry about it man! If you ever see any achievement tile, or game cover mistakes, head over to the Submit Forum and post a thread there using the correct format/rules After a few submissions, you'll get some nice awards and recognition! Anytime man!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #30
immortality20

Immortality20's Gamercard
Awesome guide, thank you. I just started this and am impressed on the quality so far. Kind of sad there is only 100 points though, would of liked 125 to make it 1250 total.
immortality20 is offline   Reply With Quote