PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #31
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD Rick View Post
You can only restart checkpoints if you die. Otherwise, thereīs just the option to restart the entire level.
And yes, it does count to kills and stuff achievements.
So at spots you can simply nuke yourself to farm 'chievos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss4goku2425 View Post
one of the secret cheevys is "you are doing it wrong" which requires u to die 13 times.
Yes sir we have it.

Edit: Remember to post a difficulty for the game as you begin to play folks!

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 03-19-2013 at 01:07 AM.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #32
braycuster8

bmw's Gamercard
This site allows nothing of the sort.

Last edited by braycuster8; 03-19-2013 at 01:05 AM.
braycuster8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #33
ss4goku2425

SS4GOKU2425's Gamercard
It's Gotta Be the Brain is best done when u aquire the fire axe. simply stun the walker with RB and go for the legs it will fall to the ground in which u can easily manuver around and chop the other leg off. then go for the arms but becareful and do not aim directly the arm as you may wind up cutting off the head.

Have a Nice Trip!
Can also be done easily with the fire axe. isolate a walker then chop off his leg may take a couple of hits then quickly strike the head as its fall with a hard strike. A strong strike with the axe is a one hit decapitation.

Last edited by ss4goku2425; 03-19-2013 at 01:54 AM.
ss4goku2425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #34
GUS
Banned User

chocking gus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Yes this is a slight error. I'm trying to figure out right now whether it was just missed or something happened to it.
You Go Your Way, I'll Go Mine 5
Dismissed a Survivor

i got this achiev but the page here didnt have it, so the game has 51 achievs or someone made a mistake? because this achiev exist
GUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #35
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS View Post
Dismissed a Survivor

i got this achiev but the page here didnt have it, so the game has 51 achievs or someone made a mistake? because this achiev exist
Right I'm trying to compare this list to that of xbox.com to our one here on x360a.

It'll be a couple days until everything gets hashed out.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #36
GUS
Banned User

chocking gus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Right I'm trying to compare this list to that of xbox.com to our one here on x360a.

It'll be a couple days until everything gets hashed out.
o just saw the error, i counted and there are only 49/50 achievs here on x360a. in the game page, so it should been like this: There are 49 achievements with a total of 995 points. its missing
Dismissed a Survivor

Last edited by GUS; 03-19-2013 at 02:19 AM.
GUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:20 AM   #37
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS View Post
o just saw the error, i counted and there are only 49/50 achievs here on x360a. in the game page, so it should been like this: There are 49 achievements with a total of 995 points. its missing
Dismissed a Survivor
Awesome catch. I'll submit this ASAP.

Edit: Submitted. It'll be updated in the coming days.

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 03-19-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #38
xD Rick
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to xD Rick

xD Rick's Gamercard
Just a quick update.
Just finished first playtrhough, and unfortunatelly no chapter select.
The squirrel I got on first stage still counting as collected, though.
Also, the last mission is easy to get the fire 300 bullets achievement, it has plaenty of amo for the assault rifle there. You also use a mounted machinegun, but I donīt know if it counts.
In the very first mission you can get the no kill achievement, then go to main menu, start a new game and use only fire arms. If you run like hell when collecting the gas cans, you can also unlock the achievement regarding not getting grabed.

In my opinion, and I suck at FPs, this game is far beyound easy.
xD Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #39
Mr Magic

mr blackmagik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Here is a complete collectible guide. Some level's only have a Squirrel, you can always press start to see if the level has any collectibles and to see if you have them or not.

Cabot Ridge -
Squirrel: In the same room as Jess Collins in the cabin

Sedalia -
Squirrel: After exiting the store, go up the ladder in the alley. Go to the right side of the roof to cross to the other building. Inside the door and down the ladder.

Pemberton -
Poster: Down the hall from the sheriff

Squirrel: Heading towards the motel, go into the gas station on the right, the squirrel is on top of a shelf in the middle of the store. Enter through the back.

Garwater -
Squirrel: Inside the fire station. Enter through the door on the far left. On a desk inside the first room.

Poster: In the very next room after the squirrel.

Fontana -
Squirrel: Right near the start there will be a fenced off area in front. Jump on top of boxes on the right to get over the fence. Jump on another pickup to reach the overhang. Squirrel is right next to the zombie in the chair.

Poster: In the dinner. Go around the outside of the counter, and its on the wall to the right. Directly opposite of the left door.

Cleburne -
Squirrel: In the morgue, which has about 10 zombies feeding on dead bodies when you walk in, it's in the back left corner on top of a hospital bed.

Poster: Once you get to the first large desk that's in a corner, go down the hallway to the right. The last door on the right has the poster laying flat on a desk.

Oakiew -
Squirrel: After you push the car to block the fence, follow the path to the right of the tents all the way down. Inside the tent at the end of the path, the squirrel is in the back right corner.

Taggart -
Poster: In the projector building. If your facing the counter, look left.

Squirrel: Behind Charlene's house, in a shed.

Lemon Hill -
Squirrel: Go down the alley where Merle tells you to look for fireworks. Up the ladder at the end, walk forward and fall down in the gap between buildings. The squirrel is on the left end.

Barksdale -
Squirrel: Enter the Donut shop from the street. Go through the hole in the wall in the back. Jump over the counter, it's behind the counter.

Lafferty -
Poster: After talking to Noah, go through the grocery store to the back right. At the locked door a zombie will break through. Inside that room is the poster.

Squirrel: In the very next room after the poster. There is a square area with cash registers around it in the center of the room. The squirrel is on a cart in the center of it.

Archer Creek -
Poster: When (guy) says to "get in, snipers on the roof" enter the door to the left of the blue car. It's the second building from the left. The poster is straight ahead.

Squirrel: From the poster turn right ahead go in between the cubicles. The last cubicle on the left has the squirrel.

Danvers -
Squirrel: Once you enter the large room full of cubicles, go down the left path. The squirrel is at the end of this path next to the left corner cubicle.

Polksville -
Squirrel: After you get inside the green train car, it's inside on the right.

Sherwood -
Squirrel:The second house on the left from the start. The one with Harrison and his wife in the bedroom. It's in a corner in the garage.

Poster: Inside the house with a black car parked in the driveway. It's in a bedroom in the back with the lights on.

Firesign Stadium -
Squirrel: After turning the corner past the burning tank, you will be in a open area with a large tent to the right and a fence with cars in front of it to the left. Go all the way down following the left side and you will see a lone tent. Go through the fenced off area to enter the tent. Squirrel is on a table.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #40
Mr Magic

Here is a list of all the weapons. I may have forgot one or two firearms, so if I did let me know. Also I have the DLC which gives you a few extra weapons so I'm not sure which are DLC and which aren't. Those are marked with a *. Also a few I wasn't sure if they count or not like the turret so I marked those as well.

Guns:

Bolt Action Rifle
Assault Rifle
Semi-Auto Rifle
Pump Shotgun
Semi-Auto Shotgun
Double Barrel Shotgun
Fast-Action Handgun
Hi-Power Handgun
Revolver
*Crossbow
*Minigun

Melee:

Fireaxe
Machete
Hunting Knife
Baseball Bat
Sledgehammer
Hatchet
Pipe
*Survival Knife
*Reinforced Hatchet
*Advanced Machete
*Kukri
*Sawtoothed Machete
Old 03-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #41
Mr Magic

A few tips on achievements:

Now Don't You Get Bit - After I got "Crash Course in Brain Surgery" I would let 1 walker grab me and then push off the second. You could also try baiting 1 walker and just keep pushing away.

Crash Course in Brain Surgery - If you get surrounded, let one grab you and kill it, then another one will immediately grab you again, etc, etc.

Zig-Zagging All Over The Road - Game is minimal 2 playthroughs and on your just select the area you didn't go to on your first time. You need to do this for collectibles also.

Good Samaritan - This is cumulative over multiple playthroughs.

Guys Night Out/I Can Handle Myself/Rosie Rampager - If you dismiss all your survivors before leaving for Sherwood (so at the end of the chapter before) you will get "I can handle Myself", in Sherwood there is one male and one female, you can only choose one. If you want both achievements quickly you can back up your save.

Down to my Last - I emptied my pistol so I only had one shot left. Then when your on the turret go into you inventory and drop everything else. Including other guns and ammo. All besides the pistol with 1 shot.

Have A nice trip/Need More Spots Up Front/It's Gotta Be the Brain - On the turret on the last level, I just aimed for the legs and then try to shoot the head. This is also an easy way to get the dismemberment achievements.

Two Head are Better Than One - I just shot into a group with the shotgun. Any shotgun should do, just get close.

------

Still looking for my last optional survivor. So if anyone finds them all let please post.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #42
Amazon XD

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
Gunlist.
Tell me where to get the sledgehammer, fireaxe, and pipe, please?

I know the machete is most easily found in the level with the diner. After helping the woman (going to the theater), you'll have to return to Scout to tell her that Mia is safe. When you arrive, open the door Scout was standing behind, and there will be a machete there.
Arcade- 24
Most Proud of- First in the World for Duke Nukem 3D.

Most Recent Complete- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Amazon XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #43
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Iīm absolutelly sure I used all the firearms listed, and didnīt get the achievement.
I could not save the women in Sherwood, how you do it?
And would you happend to take note on how many survivors are in the game, as well as their names, for the Every Men, Woman and Child achievement?

It is worth to mention that for the Now Donīt You Get Bit achievement if you chop both arms from zombies, they will always grab you (pretty senselles, right? How you grab someone without arms? xD)
Old 03-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #44
Amazon XD

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD Rick View Post
Iīm absolutelly sure I used all the firearms listed, and didnīt get the achievement.
I could not save the women in Sherwood, how you do it?
And would you happend to take note on how many survivors are in the game, as well as their names, for the Every Men, Woman and Child achievement?

It is worth to mention that for the Now Donīt You Get Bit achievement if you chop both arms from zombies, they will always grab you (pretty senselles, right? How you grab someone without arms? xD)
I'm going off the assumption that all the survivors are listed in the "Extras" section on the main menu under "Relics". Just assuming that you get a relic for each survivor you complete the game with.
Arcade- 24
Most Proud of- First in the World for Duke Nukem 3D.

Most Recent Complete- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Amazon XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #45
Mr Magic

Fireaxe can be found in the huge hospital level. Once you get the main lobby there is a door the is being locked with the Fireaxe. You initially see this room from above and there is a glass barrier around the upper floor.

Pipe is in the same location as the second Squirrel.

I don't remember where the Sledgehammer was, sorry.

As for the Guns, I was pretty sure I forgot at least one. Because I just wrote them down from memory. But if I am missing one then I don't know which it is. Are you sure you used the Bolt-Action Rifle and the Semi-Auto Rifle?

EDIT: There is also a Fireaxe right next to Noah Cruz in the Outlet Mall on Lafferty.

Last edited by Mr Magic; 03-19-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Mr Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #46
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Fireaxe can be found in the huge hospital level. Once you get the main lobby there is a door the is being locked with the Fireaxe. You initially see this room from above and there is a glass barrier around the upper floor.

As for the Guns, I was pretty sure I forgot at least one. Because I just wrote them down from memory. But if I am missing one then I don't know which it is. Are you sure you used the Bolt-Action Rifle and the Semi-Auto Rifle?

EDIT: There is also a Fireaxe right next to Noah Cruz in the Outlet Mall on Lafferty.
Yeah, pretty sure.
Donīt know if you can get the achievement using the ones you skipped between playthroughs, though.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #47
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:

The Sledgehammer is on the Sherwood location. It's in the garage of the second house on the left. The one with the couple.

The Hatchet is on the same level, across the street from the garage with the Sledgehammer.

Quote:
Down to my Last - I emptied my pistol so I only had one shot left. Then when your on the turret go into you inventory and drop everything else. Including other guns and ammo. All besides the pistol with 1 shot.
------

Still looking for my last optional survivor. So if anyone finds them all let please post.
EDIT: This is gonna sound dumb but how do you drop things from your inventory without being at your car before missions?

Last edited by DamagedWill; 03-19-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: More info
DamagedWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #48
Mr Magic

Go into your inventory and hit Y to drop. Press the back button to open your inventory.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #49
DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Go into your inventory and hit Y to drop. Press the back button to open your inventory.
I cannot believe I played through the whole game without knowing that.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #50
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Finally got my grubbies on this! Can't wait to pop it in and see what it's like.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #51
Mr Magic

If anyone finds an optional survivor in a restaurant, can you post what town you were heading to to get there. I think it's my last one, but I haven't come across them yet.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #52
DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
If anyone finds an optional survivor in a restaurant, can you post what town you were heading to to get there. I think it's my last one, but I haven't come across them yet.
I just came across a survivor on a random road event. I was on the way to Archer Creek on the highway when I got a prompt saying a woman was yelling for help on a train car. Her name is Gloria Garcia.

Could that survivor be a random event survivor or are there more than one?
Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #53
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Why don't we get a option survivor list formulated. I can use one of the open posts below the guide to hold it until we can move it into a correct space.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #54
Mr Magic

I found Gloria, and I believe there was one more that was in the campsite area. Same deal, stuck on top of a truck. I think there is 3 total, and the last is in a restaurant.

Sorry, there is also one on top of a gas station roof.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #55
DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Why don't we get a option survivor list formulated. I can use one of the open posts below the guide to hold it until we can move it into a correct space.
Sounds like a plan. Off the top of my head...

Sedalia - Jimmy (Top of supermarket)
Warren (Gas station)

Fontana - Mia (Theater)

Oakiew - Svenson (Portable)

Cleburne - Todd (One of the hospital rooms)

Lafferty - Noah (First room in Outlet mall) (For Noah you might have to make the decision to save him at the hospital but I'm not entirely sure on this)

Danvers - Sheila (She automatically joins when you leave)

Sherwood - Harrison (2nd house on the left)
Jane (2nd house on the right)

Random - Gloria (Top of train car)

Quote:
I found Gloria, and I believe there was one more that was in the campsite area. Same deal, stuck on top of a truck. I think there is 3 total, and the last is in a restaurant.

Sorry, there is also one on top of a gas station roof.
That's gonna take a bit of time I bet. Nothing better than random events.

Last edited by DamagedWill; 03-19-2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: More info
DamagedWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #56
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Anyone know who to save or how to get an AR at the start and infinite ammo?
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #57
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamagedWill View Post
Sounds like a plan. Off the top of my head...

Sedalia - Jimmy (Top of supermarket)
Warren (Gas station)

Fontana - Mia (Theater)

Oakiew - Svenson (Portable)

Cleburne - Todd (One of the hospital rooms)

Lafferty - Noah (First room in Outlet mall) (For Noah you might have to make the decision to save him at the hospital but I'm not entirely sure on this)

Sherwood - Harrison (2nd house on the left)
Michelle (2nd house on the right)

Random - Gloria (Top of train car)

That's gonna take a bit of time I bet. Nothing better than random events.
This is great. I'll create the section now. If we can keep the descriptions coming as people find them that would be stellar as well!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #58
DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Anyone know who to save or how to get an AR at the start and infinite ammo?
You get the relic for starting with a crossbow and assault rifle just for beating it. To get the relic for infinite ammo you have to get all the other relics. You're looking at probably three playthroughs for that one.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #59
Mr Magic

The guy on the rooftop is Blake. And you do have to save Noah in the hospital to save recruit him in the mall. Otherwise he gets killed.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #60
DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
The guy on the rooftop is Blake. And you do have to save Noah in the hospital to save recruit him in the mall. Otherwise he gets killed.
Wasn't his first name Jimmy? Gah, can't remember. That's good to know about Noah. I figured that's how it worked but I wasn't sure.