PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #61
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamagedWill View Post
Wasn't his first name Jimmy? Gah, can't remember. That's good to know about Noah. I figured that's how it worked but I wasn't sure.
Yup Officer Jimmy Blake.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #62
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Yup Officer Jimmy Blake.
Ah, makes sense. Also I added "Sheila" and fixed a error in a survivor's name. It was "Jane" not "Michelle" for Sherwood.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #63
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Ah, makes sense. Also I added "Sheila" and fixed a error in a survivor's name. It was "Jane" not "Michelle" for Sherwood.
Rodger that. Both have been updated.

Anyone know if there is a certain animation that signifies when a walker is going to grab you or if they get close enough there is a chance it will grab you?

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #64
JoeyRR

Quote:
Sounds like a plan. Off the top of my head...

Sedalia - Jimmy (Top of supermarket)
Warren (Gas station)

Fontana - Mia (Theater)

Oakiew - Svenson (Portable)

Cleburne - Todd (One of the hospital rooms)

Lafferty - Noah (First room in Outlet mall) (For Noah you might have to make the decision to save him at the hospital but I'm not entirely sure on this)

Danvers - Sheila (She automatically joins when you leave)

Sherwood - Harrison (2nd house on the left)
Jane (2nd house on the right)

Random - Gloria (Top of train car)

That's gonna take a bit of time I bet. Nothing better than random events.

Thanks for this! I was missing ol' Svenson. Also thanks for the guide Deadly Dog!
JoeyRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #65
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Rodger that. Both have been updated.

Anyone know if there is a certain animation that signifies when a walker is going to grab you or if they get close enough there is a chance it will grab you?
They do a grapple motion but that's about it, it seems. Usually when I have one alone they punch once, then grapple.

Also, I'm using the relic for the crossbow and assault rifle on the 2nd playthrough. I cannot drop the crossbow so does that mean it has to be empty too at the end for the achievement?

EDIT : Nevermind, it popped at the end.

Last edited by DamagedWill; 03-19-2013 at 10:06 PM.
DamagedWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #66
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
They do a grapple motion but that's about it, it seems. Usually when I have one alone they punch once, then grapple.

Also, I'm using the relic for the crossbow and assault rifle on the 2nd playthrough. I cannot drop the crossbow so does that mean it has to be empty too at the end for the achievement?
I noticed the grapple motion. I'll probably just make a dud save to grab that if I don't get it naturally.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #67
spockroxfaces

spockroxfaces's Gamercard
Quote:
I noticed the grapple motion. I'll probably just make a dud save to grab that if I don't get it naturally.
It's wicked easy to boost and you don't need a dud save, bud. I did it outside of the theatre in Fontana. Just get everyone's attention and let them pool around you. Then swing at one and the rest will grab you in succession. If you're good at the QTE then you can easily get between 10-15 per death.
Also the pump shotgun is in the motel. It's basically unmissable.
Really dumb question, but is there a way to highlight your optional objectives so that you can follow your compass to them? I missed the batteries one because I had no idea where the police station was in Sedalia. Thanks in advance.
spockroxfaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #68
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spockroxfaces View Post
It's wicked easy to boost and you don't need a dud save, bud. I did it outside of the theatre in Fontana. Just get everyone's attention and let them pool around you. Then swing at one and the rest will grab you in succession. If you're good at the QTE then you can easily get between 10-15 per death.
Also the pump shotgun is in the motel. It's basically unmissable.
Really dumb question, but is there a way to highlight your optional objectives so that you can follow your compass to them? I missed the batteries one because I had no idea where the police station was in Sedalia. Thanks in advance.
Mm.. You have to be really good to hit 10 let alone 15. I'm averaging about 3-5 I believe per death.

There is no way I've found to be able to cycle between objectives. You simply need to remember what you've done and what you haven't. Also it crosses off the optional objectives when you finish them.

Edit: Anyone know where the keys are to the optional vehicle in Fontana?

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 03-20-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #69
xD Rick
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to xD Rick

xD Rick's Gamercard
Just found a surviror in a random event, when travelling from Cleburne to Lemon Hill. His name is Ahmad Farran.
xD Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:02 AM   #71
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpaul View Post
Here's a couple of videos i done today for this, I'm really enjoying this game to be honest, didn't think i would lol

Group Hug
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct | Group Hug Achievement/Trophy - YouTube

Two Heads Are Better Than One
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct | Two Heads Are Better Than One Achievement/Trophy - YouTube

Have A Nice Trip!
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct | Have A Nice Trip! Achievement/Trophy - YouTube
Do you mind if I put these in with the guide? I would rather ask your permission than do it without it and not be what you expected.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #72
Mr Magic

mr blackmagik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD Rick View Post
Just found a surviror in a random event, when travelling from Cleburne to Lemon Hill. His name is Ahmad Farran.
Do you remember what road you took? Back roads, Highway, or Streets(?). I'm not sure if it matters but it could make a difference.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #73
warrenpaul

Woz DJ's Gamercard
Quote:
Do you mind if I put these in with the guide? I would rather ask your permission than do it without it and not be what you expected.

Yep no probs, add them in there

warrenpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #74
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
Do you remember what road you took? Back roads, Highway, or Streets(?). I'm not sure if it matters but it could make a difference.
Took backroad, absolutelly sure.
The guy was on top of a truck or something, and I had to kill a few zombies and then he joined.
It´s worth to mention that I´ve never took these route before. In my first playthrough I´ve gone the other location.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #75
Skorpion XBA
RIP Travis

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I got "BOOM! Who Needs a Headshot" early in Pemberton. Just grab the grenade and flare from the police station and head toward the hotel. I recommend stealth killing the two walkers by the cars first. Then throw the flare near a group of walkers, wait until there are at least 5 and throw the grenade. Achievement unlocks instantly.

For difficulty I say about 3/10. Fairly easy game so far.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #76
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

It's good to see all the haters coming out in force to vote down our thread. Just gives the motivation we need to make this the best it can be.

Here's what we still need folks:

-Complete our collection lists of items, vehicles, and survivors. We need to beef up descriptions for the ones we already have.

-We need more votes on what the difficulty should be.

-We need to repost any information that's gotten lost in the posts that I haven't moved into the guide itself.

-We also could use video demonstrations if the author is willing to contribute and the video appears to add content and functionality to the guide.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #77
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
-We need more votes on what the difficulty should be.
Man I don't get it. Really no offense at all Deadly Dog but why don't you just simply PUT UP A POLL and link it to the thread instead of asking any single person in here!? This way people are free to vote for the difficulty, before and after the this guide is long finished.

For instance, like in this guide:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=425105

I could do it myself but since you are in charge of everything here. Well.

Quote:
Ooh, Shiny! 15
Distract 50 Walkers with Items

Distracting walkers with items is like throwing bait and having them flock to it. Items that can be used for distractions are as follows:
  • Glass Bottle
  • Flare
Also for this I can confirm, you can simply throw a bottle in the crowd, get killed by walkers, rinse and repeat until the achievement unlock. Not that it is a hard one but if want to get it out of the way ASAP. All preferable in the very first level. Not sure if this will also work for the kill/grab/dismember-related achievements but I assume yes.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #78
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

We have a poll up for the guide. Please make your voice heard!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=432879

Old 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #79
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Also for this I can confirm, you can simply throw a bottle in the crowd, get killed by walkers, rinse and repeat until the achievement unlock. Not that it is a hard one but if want to get it out of the way ASAP. All preferable in the very first level. Not sure if this will also work for the kill/grab/dismember-related achievements but I assume yes.
I can confirm they do, 100% sure.
Also for the distractions, if you´re feeling lazy, just get to the area with the open air cinema, turn on the projector and wait for a few minutes in the house. The zombies will be distracted again and again by the projector. And there´s a large number of them in this area.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #80
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Also for the distractions, if you´re feeling lazy, just get to the area with the open air cinema, turn on the projector and wait for a few minutes in the house. The zombies will be distracted again and again by the projector. And there´s a large number of them in this area.
Ahh this little tips is golden. I'm coming up on that area soon myself!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #81
Skorpion XBA
RIP Travis

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
This also works for stealth kills.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #82
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
We have a poll up for the guide. Please make your voice heard!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=432879
Finally. Nicely done. Now see the magic work!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion x360a View Post
This also works for stealth kills.
Thanks guys. Just found it out by myself. Unlocked "Crash Course in Brain Surgery" this way. That makes things quite easier since there is no chapter-select!

Edit: I know they are not really achievement-specific or related but will help for further playthroughs. I thought the info might come in handy. Taken directly from the game:

RELICS:

Crossbow/Assault Rifle: Complete the game once to unlock this relic.
Melee Boost: Complete the game once with Jane in your party to unlock this relic.
Marksman Boost: Complete the game once with Harrison in your party to unlock this relic.
Faster Stronger: Complete the game once with Sheila in your party to unlock this relic.
Surivior Success: Complete the game once with Noah in your party to unlock this relic.
Item Boost: Complete the game once with Swenson in your party to unlock this relic.
Bigger Clips: Complete the game once with Mia in your party to unlock this relic.
Stealth Movement: Complete the game once with Warren in your party to unlock this relic.
Silenced Weapons: Complete the game once with Blake in your party to unlock this relic.
Unlimited Ammo: Unlock all other relics to unlock this relic.

Multiple playthroughs, there you have it. Damn I hate it!!!

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 03-20-2013 at 06:28 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #83
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Should anyone happen to find the keys for Fontana sharing that info would be amazing!

Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #84
warrenpaul

Woz DJ's Gamercard
Should have another couple of videos for you soon, will post in here when done

warrenpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #85
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpaul View Post
Should have another couple of videos for you soon, will post in here when done
Yes please do!

On a side note our collection guides are coming along real nicely. Helps when I have 2 days off in a row. Haha

Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #86
DreamDevice
Banned User

End 0f Dreamz's Gamercard
!!!IMPORTANT!!!

Missing from this list of weapons needed for "They Know Me At The Range" is the Fast-Action Pistol which can be found in Celburne on the top floor of the hospital, on the floor, opposite side of a barricade under a blue-lit "Parking" sign.

This is JUST before you enter the room with the scientist working on a serum.
DreamDevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #87
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Should anyone happen to find the keys for Fontana sharing that info would be amazing!
If I can remeber it correctly, you got it from a zombie. It´s hanging in his belt or something alike...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #88
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDevice View Post
!!!IMPORTANT!!!

Missing from this list of weapons needed for "They Know Me At The Range" is the Fast-Action Pistol which can be found in Celburne on the top floor of the hospital, on the floor, opposite side of a barricade under a blue-lit "Parking" sign.

This is JUST before you enter the room with the scientist working on a serum.
Awesome!!! This is superb work Dream!!

Adding it ASAP!

Quote:
If I can remeber it correctly, you got it from a zombie. It´s hanging in his belt or something alike...
I actually posted how to get it. Optional objective.

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 03-20-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #89
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Anyone going to make a relic guide? I want to have them all, and infinite ammo of course. Or are the relics obvious?
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #90
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Anyone going to make a relic guide? I want to have them all, and infinite ammo of course. Or are the relics obvious?
We have all the relics listed in the road map, but all you need to do is keep the survivors all the way until the end.

Not much guide needed to be done there. Just let them stay in the car or make sure their health is full before sending them out.