PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #61
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
No. They still match your actual level. Your skills have nothing to do with the level of the enemies.

Also, has anyone noticed certain enemies running away on Legendary difficulty? I have had 5 Hulking Draugr run away from me during battle now.

Edit: As for the Oghma Infinium, I believe you can read it once and put it back in a chest or bookshelf if you do the glitch, but the game doesn't let you read the book again,

Last edited by Sqeagy; 04-09-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Sqeagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #62
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Ah well, i was just curious. sucks for those who planned on doing it and cant. well... unless they do it offline and patchless.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #63
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I could cry. I was less than an hour away from using the glitch. Literally. Just needed Orc blood. Came online, friend invited me to a party, accepted, started playing Skyrim and without even thinking about it accepted the f*cking patch... Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. I was just going to use it to hit level 80 and kill the legendary dragon, then revert back to my old save for everything else... ~le sigh
Old 04-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #64
ecto69

ecto69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
Also, has anyone noticed certain enemies running away on Legendary difficulty? I have had 5 Hulking Draugr run away from me during battle now.

I don't have the patch yet and have already noticed enemies running away and I have to chase them down. This is at a lower level around 63.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #65
resevil239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
No. They still match your actual level. Your skills have nothing to do with the level of the enemies.
Then what the hell is the point of it? If anything, reseting them would make every enemy in the game at the very least a damage sponge.

If my Archer, who has a skill of 100, resets it to 15, then what? I'm doing next to no damage (because the skill goes from 100 to 15) then doing even less because of the perk loses. Only to level up...which gives no benefit...unless there is a small level based damage boost?
resevil239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #66
resevil239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buruma View Post
I could cry. I was less than an hour away from using the glitch. Literally. Just needed Orc blood. Came online, friend invited me to a party, accepted, started playing Skyrim and without even thinking about it accepted the f*cking patch... Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. I was just going to use it to hit level 80 and kill the legendary dragon, then revert back to my old save for everything else... ~le sigh
Just clear the cache and you can doit.
resevil239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #67
Snake Eyes

"Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them"

I might missing something here and perhaps someone else can test this but companions still don't seem to keep armour equipped because I just started a new game and got some imperial light studded armour and gave it to Faendal in Riverwood and while he does equip it as soon as I tell him I don't need him anymore then wait a few days etc he'll have his default clothing back on I get him as a follower again and he won't re equip the imperial armour unless I give it to him again.

The same thing seems to happen with other companions because I have also tried giving Lydia Daedric armour and like with Faendal the same thing happens Lydia never ever seems to keep the Daedric armour permantly equipped when she leaves your service and then you wait a few days etc.

I do know that the companion your giving the armour to has to be trained in that armour eg Lydia might not wear light armour as opposed to you giving her better heavy armour but like I said I might be missing something but I was under the impression when I read that when companions are given better armour they a supposed to have it permantly equipped.

Last edited by Snake Eyes; 04-11-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #68
ecto69

ecto69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
"Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them"

I might missing something here and perhaps someone else can test this but companions still don't seem to keep armour equipped because I just started a new game and got some imperial light studded armour and gave it to Faendal in Riverwood and while he does equip it as soon as I tell him I don't need him anymore then wait a few days etc he'll have his default clothing back on I get him as a follower again and he won't re equip the imperial armour unless I give it to him again.

The same thing seems to happen with other companions because I have also tried giving Lydia Daedric armour and like with Faendal the same thing happens Lydia never ever seems to keep the Daedric armour permantly equipped when she leaves your service and then you wait a few days etc.

I do know that the companion your giving the armour to has to be trained in that armour eg Lydia might not wear light armour as opposed to you giving her better heavy armour but like I said I might be missing something but I was under the impression when I read that when companions are given better armour they a supposed to have it permantly equipped.
Not sure about permanent , prior this patch if you dismiss them, they switch to default, then you ask them to follow... You need to activate the armor again via take one and give back, ie like a ring or what ever.

Also not sure how it measures them, but it use to depend on base value not upgraded enhanced value.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #69
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by resevil239 View Post
Just clear the cache and you can doit.
You've tried this? Pretty sure without the patches you would be capped at level 50. At least with the new Legendary skill resets the grind shouldn't be too terrible. Just boosting Stealth from 15 to 100 (probably took half an hour) I gained around ten levels. Still sucks that I was one blood sample away from using the book when the patch was released but, oh well. Legit it is then.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #70
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by resevil239 View Post
Then what the hell is the point of it? If anything, reseting them would make every enemy in the game at the very least a damage sponge.

If my Archer, who has a skill of 100, resets it to 15, then what? I'm doing next to no damage (because the skill goes from 100 to 15) then doing even less because of the perk loses. Only to level up...which gives no benefit...unless there is a small level based damage boost?
It's so you can keep leveling up your character, eventually getting all perks for for all skills. Don't think you get a damage boost. Legendary applies to your skills, and a new difficulty called Legendary which if you play in increases the rate in which you level up your skills. You won't do much damage, but you'll level up pretty quickly.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #71
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm glad all of these fixes and additions have been implemented... but I'm disappointed that there STILL isn't a fix for the Blood Scroll glitch in the Dawnguard DLC. And yes, I've played the game with the update, and the glitch still hasn't been fixed. I'm really hoping that Bethesda will remedy this glitch in the next update, or my faith in the company will be put in question.

All random friend requests on Live will be declined. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I'll gladly accept Steam FRs, however.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #72
havocofsmeg

havocofsmeg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDeathSG45 View Post
I'm glad all of these fixes and additions have been implemented... but I'm disappointed that there STILL isn't a fix for the Blood Scroll glitch in the Dawnguard DLC. And yes, I've played the game with the update, and the glitch still hasn't been fixed. I'm really hoping that Bethesda will remedy this glitch in the next update, or my faith in the company will be put in question.
Having found myself in a similar position with the Miraak glitch in Dragonborn, I E-mailed Bethesda support enquiring if they'll be patching it. Here's the reply I got:

Thanks for contacting Bethesda!

Developers are constantly working in new patches and fixes for Skyrim and its DLC.

Patch 1.9 was released recently with new fixes for some of the most common glitches.

However, sometimes Maraak become invincible is caused by you dealing a high amount of damage in a short time.

I suggest that you load a saved game from before starting the fight and then do the fight on a slow pace, using weapons that won't deal great damage like for example bows and daggers.

Regards,

Carlos@
Bethesda Tech Support.

So in short, a very non committal answer. I'm not holding my breath. Also note the highlighted error.

havocofsmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #73
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
Quote:

I've played through Dawnguard with 3 characters. I've never had a glitch regarding the Blood Scroll. I'm wondering what your particular issue is with.

The only glitch in Dawnguard I've run across is Dexion becoming permanently hostile. I've found by casting a Harmony spell he will calm down enough to continue normal conversations to move the questline along.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #74
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buruma View Post
You've tried this? Pretty sure without the patches you would be capped at level 50.......
Where on earth did you get this from?? The skill level has always been maxed at 100 which gives you enough xp points to reach lvl 81.

This has never changed until the legendary skill change allowing basically infinite levels although at some point the xp requirement would be immense.

Character level has never been capped at 50.
buggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #75
FatalDeathSG45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Maleval View Post
I've played through Dawnguard with 3 characters. I've never had a glitch regarding the Blood Scroll. I'm wondering what your particular issue is with.
The glitch was as follows: I went into the Ancestral Glade, got the Draw Knife, collected the bark and gathered the moths. Then I walked into the pillar of light and tried to read the Blood Scroll, but the game doesn't read it; it doesn't do anything. My friend managed to beat Dawnguard without encountering this glitch (lucky...), but I am one of the few people affected by this glitch. I haven't tried the previous save file I made before the Glade, so I'll try once more. If that doesn't work, I'm not playing Skyrim again until this glitch is remedied. I'm not starting the game all over again just because of a glitch.

Last edited by FatalDeathSG45; 04-14-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #76
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
Quote:
The glitch was as follows: I went into the Ancestral Glade, got the Draw Knife, collected the bark and gathered the moths. Then I walked into the pillar of light and tried to read the Blood Scroll, but the game doesn't read it; it doesn't do anything. My friend managed to beat Dawnguard without encountering this glitch (lucky...), but I am one of the few people affected by this glitch. I haven't tried the previous save file I made before the Glade, so I'll try once more. If that doesn't work, I'm not playing Skyrim again until this glitch is remedied. I'm not starting the game all over again just because of a glitch.
I have heard others mention this glitch, but as of yet haven't seen a fix reported (other than reload and try again).

The quest tells you to read Elder Scroll (Blood), but you actually read all three. Is it safe to assume that you actually have all 3 scrolls in your possession when you try this?

If you didn't have all 3 with you on this quest I can see where it wouldn't work....otherwise, this particular glitch is just strange.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 AM   #77
FatalDeathSG45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Maleval View Post
I have heard others mention this glitch, but as of yet haven't seen a fix reported (other than reload and try again).

The quest tells you to read Elder Scroll (Blood), but you actually read all three. Is it safe to assume that you actually have all 3 scrolls in your possession when you try this?

If you didn't have all 3 with you on this quest I can see where it wouldn't work....otherwise, this particular glitch is just strange.
Actually, I do have all 3 scrolls. I haven't tried that yet. I just thought that you read the Blood Scroll and that's it, but I didn't think you have to read all 3 of them. I'll try it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It is a rather unusual glitch (as well as a frustrating one). As I said earlier, a friend of mine completed Dawnguard without having encountered or even known of this glitch. It has happened to a few people. And by chance (or fate), I happened to be one of those few people. I'll give the 3 scrolls a try. Fingers crossed.

UPDATE: Tried it, didn't work. That's it. I'm not touching Skyrim again until this glitch is fixed. I don't care if it takes 1 year or 20. Until that glitch is fixed, I'm not playing it again. I don't plan on starting all over just because of a glitch.

Last edited by FatalDeathSG45; 04-16-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #78
Snake Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto69 View Post
Not sure about permanent , prior this patch if you dismiss them, they switch to default, then you ask them to follow... You need to activate the armor again via take one and give back, ie like a ring or what ever.

Also not sure how it measures them, but it use to depend on base value not upgraded enhanced value.

After more testing I'm offically going to say this has not changed and it is still the same I tried giving weaker armour stronger armour and like I said it is still the same as before because after you dismiss your follower wait a few days etc they will have their default armour/clothing back on and th only way you can get them to wear the amour/clothing in question is to take a piece off them then give it straight back.

I'm thinking about leveling up pickpocket on my next playthrough so I can get the perk that lets nick the targets armour/clothing I have read that if you take at least one part of the followers then give them armour you want to give them that they can never equip there default armour/clothing again so in turn you can actually have follwers walk around in the buff if you wanted to lol.
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote