PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Spartan Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Spartan Ops Unbearable Lag?

So every single SO game I play, there's some form of lag, and usually it's unbearable. Like a full second delay of pressing a button to actually carrying out that action.

I haven't seen many threads on it, actually none at all (but I haven't been looking often), so am I the only one experiencing this?

Multiplayer is totally fine, it's just SO that gives me terrible, terrible lag.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Giantsonic

Giantsonic's Gamercard
Yeah, I get this too. The campaign/spartan ops netcode isn't the greatest, so if the host (or you) has anything less than great internet, or there's a good distance between the two of you, you'll experience button lag.

I really wish they'd use the multiplayer netcode. Sure we'd get some teleporting elites occasionally, but at least it would be playable.
Giantsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'm in the same boat. I've been lately doing Spartan Ops Multimatching and been getting the lag every other game it seems. Usually hiccups around the start then stabilizes afterwards.

Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
same. the first couple of minutes, it's crazy but it becomes stable afterwards

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I find Ill get a lot of fine-movement lag. Like not enough where you cant move, just feels like you are on an ice rink. Makes it really obnoxious to shoot
Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
Kahn13

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
The vast majority of Spartan Ops missions i've done online have had lag.

Out of all of them I think i've had 2 or 3 that felt absolutely perfect (with some games being noticable but bearable). On average though a lot missions have just been painful to playthrough - particularly when you can't even move like you want to while Elites are running circles round you and aim assist plays tricks on you.

Going from that to playing Solo is SUCH a relief! Boy I miss having a "good connection" search option. That really helped when playing Firefight in Reach, and this game really does need it too.

Last edited by Kahn13; 12-03-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I played through the campaign with a friend from the US and only once was the lag so freaking bad that it was impossible to shoot.

The lag in these modes has always existed and it can be really irritating to try and shoot watchers/crawlers with lag. I actually started getting pissed lol.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #8
ecto69

ecto69's Gamercard
Today a few hours ago I played 3 person COOP and noticed a bit of lag it was very irritating. Not recall seeing it on prior Episodes (ie 1-4)

It is possible that since I was the Party leader that may be the reason, as it was the first time I was party leader.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto69 View Post
It is possible that since I was the Party leader that may be the reason, as it was the first time I was party leader.
Weird if it is because the host shouldn't get lag being the host an all.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I've had bad lag also, f!cking annoying and unacceptable for such a big title. Have they not learned from the past games?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Weird if it is because the host shouldn't get lag being the host an all.
I wish this was the case. Was playing ops last night with a bud and hosting myself I was feeling it. Every time my own screen stuttered, he'd get a "losing connection in 15 seconds" countdown. He never actually lost connection but damn if that didn't happen constantly through all 5 chapters. It was maddening.

The SO was a little laggy at the beginning which is to be expected, no different than any co-op. But over the last two weeks it's been getting increasingly unstable, this week was borderline unplayable.

One more achievement and then I'll be glad to uninstall this bugger. Think I'm done with it.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
I wish this was the case. Was playing ops last night with a bud and hosting myself I was feeling it. Every time my own screen stuttered, he'd get a "losing connection in 15 seconds" countdown. He never actually lost connection but damn if that didn't happen constantly through all 5 chapters. It was maddening.

The SO was a little laggy at the beginning which is to be expected, no different than any co-op. But over the last two weeks it's been getting increasingly unstable, this week was borderline unplayable.

One more achievement and then I'll be glad to uninstall this bugger. Think I'm done with it.
I'm with you, I don't see why they didn't give it a bit more support. But all they really care about is Matchmaking.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #13
soad666

HAL0GAMe3R's Gamercard
I'm getting the same issue as you guys but it seems to clear up when the enemy has been dealt with. It is also not as bad as Halo CEA
soad666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #14
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Most games of Spartan Ops I've had no lag at all. Halo Reach was worse. Might be that my connection is wired. 15 meter cable to the modem + brand new router to the Xbox

Last edited by StarsRPD; 12-05-2012 at 02:03 AM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #15
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
I'm with you, I don't see why they didn't give it a bit more support. But all they really care about is Matchmaking.
Matchmaking is a bit better but still find myself and others either skating or teleporting all over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRPD View Post
Most games of Spartan Ops I've had no lag at all. Halo Reach was worse. Might be that my connection is wired. 15 meter cable to the modem + brand new router to the Xbox
Lucky. Reach I never experienced any lag at all, MP, co-op campaign or Firefight. At least nothing like this. Only the slight latency you experience sometimes in any MP game. I'm playing on the same setup, rig and router now I used with Reach.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

For the most part I haven't had many problems. I have had several games where the lag has been really bad, but most times it's fine. Seems to be more common now than at release.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #17
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

I thought it was just me.. when I'm just playing by myself, It's fine, but when I get online an play with randoms, It's unbearable.. glad to see It's not just me, I was wondering what the heck was going on..
An It's only Spartan ops

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #18
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This is starting to happen to me, every single damn game. It only began recently, other times it would be at least playable and not every game would be laggy.

Now today, after the LIVE issues were 'resolved,' I began playing Halo 4 SO only to run in to laggy game after laggy game. What the actual shit is going on here?

Like, it never used to lag this bad before in public matchmaking for SO. I've reset everything so it's not me, I've tested my connection and it's the same it's always been. Just fine.

Is it just me or is every single game laggy now? Have I just hit a laggy game/terrible host spree? Please help!

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #19
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I wasn't aware you could fail a Spartan Ops level but guess what? I DID. Because of the terrible lag and rubber banding, I failed Ch 7 Ep 1. I never knew failure was an option in this easy XP mode. Guess I'll just avoid that level all together.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #20
funky305

Ov3rSmok3D's Gamercard
Same here, it's just unplayable..
Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #21
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Sucks because that 9,000 XP in public is much nicer than that 3,000 XP for solo.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #22
codePython

codePython's Gamercard
Exclamation

The Spartan Ops lag is something that 343i understood was going to be a problem, but had to release anyways. There may have been another way to do it, but we were going to have either lag or unregistered shots. 343i decided to take the lag.

I tried to explain it in a post we made: http://www.halo4clan.com/article/Hal...tan+Ops+lag%3F
codePython is offline   Reply With Quote