Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-18-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Games you are selling and why.

Rage. It was fun the first time but after that it got old fast. It has way too many collectibles in it and boring mini games. I can't see me playing this game another playthrough. There really is no free roaming. I just haven't played it in months.

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY. This game proved why I don't need to make an impulse buy just cause everyone on my friends list were saying ''Best game of 09'' (I said Infamous or AC2 was) I said I didn't like Batman I was more of a Marvel guy. They said ''Dosen't matter its the action that counts.'' Well that action wasn't that good if you don't like Batman. Hate the collectibles in the game.

Fable 3. I played through this game many times. There is no good ending. Either everyones dead or hates you. Nice choices. Got it free with the bundle and am tired of this BS game. II was wayyy better.

AC Revelations. I 100%ed SP and after I boost the online I'm selling it. It will be the first AC game I sell. (I still have 1 2 and Brotherhood) The game SUCKED.

Bayonetta. Another terrible overrated game. I paid 10$ for at Walmart and never could get into it. The ''action'' music is Japanese disco,nice ha ha NOT. The story is terrible. The action is so repeatitive.

Kane and lynch 2. My nephew bought me this for 8$ New. Terrible game could barely get through one playthrough AWFUL game.

RB RB2 Guitar Hero 2,3,World tour,and 5. Simply put music games got me into real guitar. Now I make music for 2 band projects,now I'm tired of these games and would rather play my real guitar.

All to get store credit at Gamestop for Deadrising 2 and Deadrising 2:Off the record. Sounds crazy but from now on I'm doing no more ''IMPULSE BUYS'' lol.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 03-19-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
flyersfan87

mastrchief34's Gamercard
Who you selling Kane & Lynch to man? Can't give that game away...

I'd love to sell FFXIII, Red Faction: Guerilla, and my extra copies of Gears 2, Oblivion, Mafia II, New Vegas, Fable II, and Borderlands but my GameStop won't pay me anything for them, and I mean exactly $0.00.

Last edited by flyersfan87; 03-18-2013 at 02:09 AM.
flyersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #3
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan87 View Post
Who you selling Kane & Lynch to man? Can't give that game away...

I'd love to sell FFXIII, Red Faction: Guerilla, and my extra copies of Gears 2, Oblivion, Mafia II, New Vegas, Fable II, and Borderlands but my GameStop won't pay me anything for them, and I mean exactly $0.00.
Gamestop for Store Credit. I will never sell Gamestop anything ever again. I once had 5 practically new games that I paid 200$ a month before and they offered me 50$ for all 5. After I boost Rev. I'm taking all these to Gamestop for store credit. If I have enough for Either DR2 or Deadrising 2:Off the record or even better both then I'm getting my store credit. If the games that are in my collection are collecting dust I might as well get my $ outta them by selling them so some one else can play them. I hate K and L 2. No story terrible Co op. Repeattitive to the max.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 03-18-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #4
Dexter010

Claptrap NL's Gamercard
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
I don't like this game. First I'm gonna try to get this on 100% completion.

Need For Speed: Shift
One of the worst racing games I've played. Need to complete the Ferrari dlc + Exotic cars dlc before I sell this.

Dante's Inferno
Good game. Not a real replay value in my opinion.

Dead Space
I still can't get into this game. I don't really like this genre, even it's a good game.

Medal of Honor: Tier One
Not my favourite shooter.

Crysis 2
As soons as I get it on 100% completion (2 online achievements left) I'm done. Don't like the online part.

UFC 2010
Just want UFC 3, no other UFC games for me anymore untill they release new game.

Gears of War 2
Almost done with the achievements I want. No replay value anymore and enjoy Gears 3 more.

Far Cry 2
OMG! The travelling system and the A.I. in this game are so terrible.

Too Human
Just want to get it on 100% completion and I'm done.

Halo 3: ODST
Worst Halo game I've ever played. Maybe I'll purchase Halo 4.

Fable 2
Not a really good RPG, even this game got me into the RPG genre.

UFC 2009
Same story as with UFC 2010. I want UFC 3.

Crackdown
Been there, done that kind of game for me.

Mafia 2
I was looking forward for this game because I thought it would be like GTA, where you can free-roam in a medium sized city.

FIFA 09
I've FIFA 13. Don't play this game anymore.
Dexter010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
Spade.
Over Now

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
It's been a good while since I sold a game. I don't sell my 360 games, but others I might. I can't think of any I sold with good reason.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #6
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

I have 1,000 GS in Dantes Inferno. Was thinking about selling it but it's just too awesome. I might play through it for a third time one day lol. I know it sounds crazy selling all of those games for like one or two games. But I love Deadrising. I 100%ed Case o,Case west,and Deadrising 1. I used to have Deadrising 2,but don't know were it went. And Off the record looks funny and awesome. I wanna 100% all of the Deadirisng games. I had Deadspace 1 twice before but couldn't get into it. Sold it both times 3 years ago.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #7
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I've a box of games that I'm going to get rid of soon. Played them, finished them, don't want them around. Trade them in for other games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
DesirableDan

DesirableDan's Gamercard
I don't sell my games very often. Recently sold Kane and Lynch Dog Days. tracking hasn't updated since Tuesday, so I'm a bit worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter010 View Post
ion.

Dead Space
I still can't get into this game. I don't really like this genre, even it's a good game.

Mafia 2
I was looking forward for this game because I thought it would be like GTA, where you can free-roam in a medium sized city.
Dead Space
Took me a while to get into this game. Was playing only one chapter at a time. By the time I finished my first play through I was so into it I did my 2nd in one run. I didn't plan to 100%, but I did and am Now on dead space 2.

Mafia 2
I admit, this game is not much of a free roam game. I'm happy what I paid for it. DLC was repetitive,
and 1000 miles Achievement was horrendous.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I will be selling these very soon.

Homefront. Awful buggy game. Did not enjoy it one bit.

Star Ocean. The difficulty for one boss jumped so high that I was killed in 2 hits by said boss, despite having all characters in my party at Level 50 or higher. Totally ruined it for me.

Mirrors Edge. Completed the game, got all the achievements. But like hell am I gonna bother with speed runs or time trials.

Alpha Protocol. If you don't spec your character right, then you are screwed. Don't fancy playing it again to redo the same crap. Bored of it anyway.

I can't trade them as I need to get either a new controller or new parts to repair mine. Dropped my pad off the bed, broke the analogue stick, cracked the case and now the A button doesn't work. Epic fail.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
@ Deadsea18 & Dexter010

The only problem with trading and your lists is that you're probably looking at around thirty-five dollars for everything on them, maybe an extra few bucks if you get a stellar trade-in bonus somewhere. I have a few of the games on those lists and have considered selling them myself but the trade-in is around a dollar or two and it doesn't even seem worth it. Alot of places probably won't even buy those old sports games and if they do it's gonna be for a quarter. Think of handing that whole pile over and then kicking in thirty dollars to walk out with one new game. The only real way to win with selling is to trade-in while a game is very new or sell it on eBay or something. It kinda sucks.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 03-18-2013 at 08:27 AM.
WalterWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
I can't trade them as I need to get either a new controller or new parts to repair mine. Dropped my pad off the bed, broke the analogue stick, cracked the case and now the A button doesn't work. Epic fail.
Wow that didn't take much. The times I broke my controllers it took a good slam against a wall or floor, and even then it took quite a few throws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
Wow that didn't take much. The times I broke my controllers it took a good slam against a wall or floor, and even then it took quite a few throws.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
Skorpion XBA
さそり XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I usually don't trade/sell games anymore. For one, you don't get much back for store credit and two, I'd rather give it to someone else than get ripped off. If I'm done with it I try to give to someone else or let them borrow it. I am by no means a collector, but I do have a selection that I just won't give away anytime soon.

Last edited by Skorpion XBA; 03-18-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Skorpion XBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
JeremyVersion1

I love how people keep saying places like Gamestop rip them off because they won't give them more for their trade in. Apparently people forget Gamestop is a business, and trying to make money. People also don't realize that no one in their right mind would pay full price for a used game.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
Skorpion XBA
さそり XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
I love how people keep saying places like Gamestop rip them off because they won't give them more for their trade in. Apparently people forget Gamestop is a business, and trying to make money. People also don't realize that no one in their right mind would pay full price for a used game.
I do understand that it's all business. But I'd rather give the game away to someone who will enjoy it than to feel like I'm getting ripped off. Where I live we have GameStop and RePlay Games. RePlay gives far less for their games.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'm probably going to ebay Rapala Pro bass fishing with the rod as i haven't played it in an age and it's pretty rare. People are asking £40+ for it and i'm only looking at £9 trade in, so if i list for £20 it should sell.
Lava Tonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #17
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion x360a View Post
I do understand that it's all business. But I'd rather give the game away to someone who will enjoy it than to feel like I'm getting ripped off. Where I live we have GameStop and RePlay Games. RePlay gives far less for their games.
All it takes to walk into a GameStop and walk away not feeling like that is knowing what sales and specials are going on. Not once have I traded in games and felt ripped off because I took advantage of whatever trade in offers they had at those times. It's all about timing.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #18
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
All it takes to walk into a GameStop and walk away not feeling like that is knowing what sales and specials are going on. Not once have I traded in games and felt ripped off because I took advantage of whatever trade in offers they had at those times. It's all about timing.
This is spot on. If you go in there and get the right combo of trade in bonuses, you can clean up. A couple weeks back they did +50% bonus for each game. If you were trading new games you could get around $45 each for them. You gotta know you're shit when you deal with Gamestop.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #19
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
This is spot on. If you go in there and get the right combo of trade in bonuses, you can clean up. A couple weeks back they did +50% bonus for each game. If you were trading new games you could get around $45 each for them. You gotta know you're shit when you deal with Gamestop.
Absolutely, they prey on the uninformed.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #20
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 45 (more» ...)
I'm gonna put My Horse and Me 2 on eBay soon. I got a great buy it now deal fr
Someone who clearly didnt know the value of it. Should make a tidy profit!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #21
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
Absolutely, they prey on the uninformed.
No they don't. They don't hide what deals they have going on. It's all advertised in the store, on the website, hell they'll email you deals too. People aren't uninformed, they're just too fucking lazy to read.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I never really sell any of my games especially the games I have completed. Though I do want to get rid of a few of them, but I think right now they are just collecting dust on a shelf down in my basement.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #23
Spade.
Over Now

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
I'm gonna put My Horse and Me 2 on eBay soon. I got a great buy it now deal fr
Someone who clearly didnt know the value of it. Should make a tidy profit!
I umm... *cough* I'm interested in...you know...buying it. How much would you start at?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #24
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I'm getting rid of Borderlands 2 as soon as they release the final DLC. The game got old fast, and I'm still kicking myself for wasting money on the season pass. It was really not worth it.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #25
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
I'm getting rid of Borderlands 2 as soon as they release the final DLC. The game got old fast, and I'm still kicking myself for wasting money on the season pass. It was really not worth it.
I've actually been wanting to get rid of it before it releases but I haven't brought myself to do it because I know the day after I trade it in they'll announce that it releases the following week. I won't be buying a third installment of that game whenever that happens either. I just want my completion for the wasted money on the pass, which is sad. It only trades for around ten bucks now anyway.

TL/DR: Yep. Me too.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #26
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
@ Deadsea18

The only problem with trading and your lists is that you're probably looking at around thirty-five dollars for everything on them, maybe an extra few bucks if you get a stellar trade-in bonus somewhere. I have a few of the games on those lists and have considered selling them myself but the trade-in is around a dollar or two and it doesn't even seem worth it. Alot of places probably won't even buy those old sports games and if they do it's gonna be for a quarter. Think of handing that whole pile over and then kicking in thirty dollars to walk out with one new game. The only real way to win with selling is to trade-in while a game is very new or sell it on eBay or something. It kinda sucks.
As I said before if thats the case then I'd be happy at that. There is no point in letting my games collect dust, I don't collect games. I'd rather have a different game (or two) that I'd play then a bunch of games I don't play for months at a time if that even. Both Deadrising 2 and Off the record are 17$ each used at Gamestop. I do have a subscription to Gamestop's online,so if theres a deal then I'll be informed. I'll wait til' the next trade in bonus. Sucks I'm gonna miss ''March maddness.'' I'm tight on money at the moment.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 03-19-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #27
liangkch

3o min later it will be ok
liangkch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:35 AM   #28
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liangkch View Post
3o min later it will be ok
What's with all these stupid bots lately? It's driving me up a wall.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #29
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Fable 3. I played through this game many times. There is no good ending. Either everyones dead or hates you. Nice choices. Got it free with the bundle and am tired of this BS game. II was wayyy better.
It's been a while since I've played Fable 3, but I don't remember everyone dying or anyone hating me. If you had enough gold when you became king/queen then you could keep all your promises and make everyone happy.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #30
Spade.
Over Now

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
What's with all these stupid bots lately? It's driving me up a wall.
(Slowly) nearing summer time.