PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #31
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Generally I'll only sell games I've had for years if they have crazy resale specials (like the $30 I got for L4D2 in December). Other than that, the only "new" game I've sold was AC3, which was a broken pile of crap, and I sold that after about a week.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #32
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Dead Space 3:
Brought brand new and done what looks to be the only DLC. Played it to death. Just gonna help clean up with others on my FL. Over 60+ hours game time! WTF? Get cracking on DS4 Visceral!

Far Cry 3:
100% the single player on the hardest difficulty (At the time), got the achievements for the co-op which was okay and enjoyed the hell out of the multiplayer.
Made two maps and intended to make more but it was a bitch to get games on them. Even with the latest update with the Beta Playlist there' about 20 lobbies but only 50 players in the playlist. That's like 4 full games and 16 other people left sitting there with their dicks in their hand.
Only managed to get people to join on one of the ten lobbies I started.
Not worth any more effort.
The playlists for the game's unique MP modes (Transmission and Firestorm) are pretty much dead. If I want to play TDM I've got pretty much every other shooter in the existence of ever.
New difficulty for SP doesn't do anything than make the game tougher. No interesting caveats.

XCOM:
Haven't touched it in a while. Will boot it back up to see if I'm still 'feeling it' but I was doing a Classic game and was getting bored of reloading saves so I could do levels 'right'. This isn't how games are meant to be played.
Also it's super slow and you do the same thing pretty much every level. Calling your soldiers funny names can only keep you interested for so long.

Metal Gear Rising and Black
Both new games but gotten with the intention of breezing through quickly. Not liking MGR so far, but oh well.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #33
Rasp

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I haven't traded in any games in about a year. It's just not worth it. Unless I can sell them for a decent amount on my local classified then I tend to just keep them. And in doing this, I've built up quite a nice collection.
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #34
psydoll

dymagate's Gamercard
I like to loan games I'm finished with to friends rather than resell them as they often return the favour and that can continue once the loan finishes. I'm also always behind on the new releases really so most of my physical purchases are 2nd hand.

The exception to this rule is Omerta: City Of Gangsters. I had such high hopes for this game but I'm done with it bar the multiplayer achievements and no one's online seemingly whenever I check. Seeing as I bought it full price for once it's going back! X-Com time!
psydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #35
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaptheChaos View Post
It's been a while since I've played Fable 3, but I don't remember everyone dying or anyone hating me. If you had enough gold when you became king/queen then you could keep all your promises and make everyone happy.
I'm no Fable expert I was late to the party and never played Fable (1). I'm sure there is a way to please everyone and keep them alive. The problem is

A.Keep the promises but garner less money=Everyone dead in the end of the game (Except imediate family,and guards)

B.-Break the promises everyone hates you in the end even though you saved them.

If there is a youtube guide (im sure there is) that shows how to please everyone and save the most people possible. But I'm done with this game. I had so much more fun in II.

Also. Decided I'm keeping Medal of honor 2010. I decided that I have only 4 SP achivements left (Destroy two vehicles with one bomb in Breaking Badgram,Youtube guide,kill 3 enimies with one grenade,Youtube guide,Beat Tier 1 mode under par time,i will do I'm more then halfway done,but for level 6,Youtube guide,Kill 15 enimies with the knife undetected in this one level,Again Youtube guide.) Other then that I'll boost the MP and get my 1,000 in that game.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 03-20-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:32 AM   #36
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
I'm no Fable expert I was late to the party and never played Fable (1). I'm sure there is a way to please everyone and keep them alive. The problem is

A.Keep the promises but garner less money=Everyone dead in the end of the game (Except imediate family,and guards)

B.-Break the promises everyone hates you in the end even though you saved them.

If there is a youtube guide (im sure there is) that shows how to please everyone and save the most people possible. But I'm done with this game. I had so much more fun in II.
That's what I was saying, if you started buying businesses as soon as possible you would be able to make enough money to do both. You had to make something in the neighborhood of 10 million gold and transfer it into the treasury from your personal funds and everyone is happy and everyone lives.

Edit: Here is a wiki page explaining it all in detail. http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/The_Weight_of_the_World

If its true that what you don’t know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #37
Lockdown Loaded

Lockdown Loaded's Gamercard
Never sold any of my Xbox360 games and probably never will, even the games I dislike.
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
Usually they use a giant game board with the names of old arcade games. Then they chop the head of a chicken and let the rest of the chicken lose on the game board. Which ever game name it finally lands on, get processed to the 360.
Lockdown Loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #38
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

I usually sell/trade games that I have finished with and has no MP or I don't like the MP.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #39
Royle

Send a message via MSN to Royle

Royle x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Call of Duty: Black OPS II - worst COD game I have ever played (unfair MP maps, constant unfair teams and no replay value for me at all)
Skyrim - got a second copy when upgrading new xbox if anyone wants I am selling for 15 quid its a redeemable code?
Royle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #40
Smoochy

Michael Jackson Experience

I love a good Kinect party game, but this one is terrible.
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #41
xYuki

Okami Ryouko's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Literally the only reason why I bought the game was for achievements. Hated the first, and the second. But both games have a unique storyline. Zombies have grown to be boring and multiplayer is terrible.

[Prototype 2]
Another game that I bought just for the achievements but I managed to like the storyline of this game much better than the first game. But the storyline is way to short and after 3 days unlocked all of the achievements.

Don't really wanna sell anymore games.. But thinking about trading in a few more.
One ring to bring them
And in darkness bind them
xYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #42
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I'll sell everything. The only games I'm holding onto are the Mass Effect Trilogy. Everything else, once I'm done playing it and know it's not getting touched anymore, on to the trade pile, even if I only get a few coins for it, better to put it towards a new game then collecting dust in my limited shelf space.

I don't trade my shit in to Gamestop anymore. Not worth the bother. There's a little mom and pop store not far from my work that gives decent deals, sometimes better prices, sometimes not, but I just find them all around a better place to do business.

Lots of times I've walked in there with any old games stacked up, and walked out with a brand new one full price and still have cash in hand for beer.

EB/GS only give you credit to spend back at their store. Fuck that. I want to have a good beer to enjoy with my new game so until they get licensed to sell local craft brewery IPA's they can fuck off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
I'm getting rid of Borderlands 2 as soon as they release the final DLC. The game got old fast, and I'm still kicking myself for wasting money on the season pass. It was really not worth it.
I enjoyed it, but you're right. As monotone as the first one was, I dove right in and blasted away on a second run without even thinking right up until the end of Knoxx and still occasionally have a hoot playing it with my bro. B2? I beat the game, fired up a second playthrough and almost immediately just couldn't continue... just didn't have the drive. Everything about it is better than the first, but but but...

Am waiting on all the DLC being released, will grab what looks fun to play, play the shit out of it then add it to the trade in pile.

Quote:
What's with all these stupid bots lately? It's driving me up a wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
(Slowly) nearing summer time.
Even bots get bored as winter drags on....

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 03-20-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #43
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
I love how people keep saying places like Gamestop rip them off because they won't give them more for their trade in. Apparently people forget Gamestop is a business, and trying to make money. People also don't realize that no one in their right mind would pay full price for a used game.
If you watch PAWN STARS then you will know theres a difference between fairness and unfairness. The guys at that Pawn shop are REALLY Fair. Explain to me how its fair to offer someone 50$ for 5 almost brand new games and on the shelf one of the games is 30$. I paid 200$ for all 5 and they could have offered me atleast 140$ then they get a 60$ profit.

Gamestop as a whole could care less about the gamers. They can be like the gaming shop of Mcdonalds. I know a friend who's Gamestop got robbed at a local mall and eveyplace in the mall was closed,except the same Gamestop that got robbed,open the next day LOL.

If I could I'd sell them on Amazon or E BAY. I don't have a credit card so thats outta the question. I'm not buying anymore games just cause everyone else says their good until I PLAY THEM. I'll cut my losses get 2 games I really want and thats that.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #44
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

[QUOTE=Opiate42;5646206]

I don't trade my shit in to Gamestop anymore. Not worth the bother. There's a little mom and pop store not far from my work that gives decent deals, sometimes better prices, sometimes not, but I just find them all around a better place to do business.

Lots of times I've walked in there with any old games stacked up, and walked out with a brand new one full price and still have cash in hand for beer.

EB/GS only give you credit to spend back at their store. Fuck that. I want to have a good beer to enjoy with my new game so until they get licensed to sell local craft brewery IPA's they can fuck off.

Ends Quote.

You are lucky. Here in America there really is no more ''Mom and pop games stores'' most went the way of the DODO () no pun intended LOL. I wish I could find one around here hell that would be great.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #45
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

I don't sell mine at all. There's a couple of reasons why:

1.) The store you sell the game to generally make a huge profit off of you. Eg. I go to sell an older game at a gaming store; they give me $3-$7. They then put the game on the shelf for $20+. That's bullshit.

2.) I find it fun to keep all of my games in a big collection so one day when the Xbox 360's life ends, I have all the games I've played for all those years and can remember the memories I had, with the physical copy.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #46
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
You are lucky. Here in America there really is no more ''Mom and pop games stores'' most went the way of the DODO () no pun intended LOL. I wish I could find one around here hell that would be great.
I have one near me that actually offers less then GameStop, and overcharges more then Ebay or Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle View Post
I don't sell mine at all. There's a couple of reasons why:

1.) The store you sell the game to generally make a huge profit off of you. Eg. I go to sell an older game at a gaming store; they give me $3-$7. They then put the game on the shelf for $20+. That's bullshit. .
No, that's not bullshit, that's business. That's how you make a profit. Gamers have this misconception that their games should net them more money or in store credit then they're actually worth. You're trading in a second hand USED item, you really expect them to pay you top dollar for it? How in the hell would they be able to stay in business if they did that? What's really funny is if GameStop closed, people would complain because there's no where else to get used games on the cheap. Even Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Targets used games are higher priced then GameStop. Ebay and Amazon would be your only options left, and people still barely use them.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #47
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

If you trade in a game and get £5 for it, then they put it on the shelf for say £15, then if you want more then go on Ebay, good luck, minus the Ebay and paypal fees. If like me when looking on Ebay I will bid/buy at the cheapest price possible (inc P&P). You people do know that the items are second hand, you know used not new still shrink wrapped and that used items are cheaper than new, never mind.

Last edited by cjdavies; 03-21-2013 at 06:43 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #48
milecoupe

milecoupe's Gamercard
For me i don't sell anything i've liked at all even if i won't play it again as i like to just have it or if i know i'm going to play again.To sell games pretty much theres afew reasons for me to trade/sell games.

A-Did i enjoy/like it,if not then sell it (assassins creed,call of duty)

B-Am i ever going to play it again (batman,metro 2033)

C-Achievement only games(2k6 games,avatar etc)

@ the guy that said you get the deal emails from eb games in your email you really don't at all.They send you the deals they want you to hear about.They have a easy 75% more deals they don't advertise at all that you have to check there sites every couple days or talk to people in store about.Really if you keep on top of eb games you can get great deals which is why i laught at everyone who "they offer crap trade ins".This past week for games they offer pennys for i've gotten 7$ each with there promos & i got 55$ for tomb raider so a 5$ loss is nothing which is better then ebay,pawn shopes or even craigslist so just reserch & learn then you'll be set to get fair value.

Quote:
If I could I'd sell them on Amazon or E BAY. I don't have a credit card so thats outta the question. I'm not buying anymore games just cause everyone else says their good until I PLAY THEM. I'll cut my losses get 2 games I really want and thats that.
You don't need a credit card for ebay.Make a paypal account which is free & you can pay directly from there which is what i do to buy/sell on there.
Magic 2011 online stuff

milecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #49
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I don't plan to sell any of the games in my library right now.

But the last game I sold was Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, a couple of months before Revelations came out. I bought Brotherhood for $60 USD, and ended up selling it to Gamestop for $18. I was expecting to get more. That was the first and last time I ever sold a game at Gamestop.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #50
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
I don't plan to sell any of the games in my library right now.

But the last game I sold was Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, a couple of months before Revelations came out. I bought Brotherhood for $60 USD, and ended up selling it to Gamestop for $18. I was expecting to get more. That was the first and last time I ever sold a game at Gamestop.
Why? Why would you expect them to pay you more then half the original price for a used game, that was close to being a year old, with it's successor coming out shortly? This boggles my mind.

That's what I don't get. The plain ignorance that gamers have when it comes to dealing with GameStop. I don't work for the company, I never have, and most likely, never will. But I understand the basic idea of a business, which is to buy at low cost and sell at a high profit. I also understand that no one, be it GameStop or some slub on Ebay, would pay top dollar for a second hand item.

Why do gamers have this idea that GameStop should pay them what they think a game is worth?

Old 03-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #51
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Why? Why would you expect them to pay you more then half the original price for a used game, that was close to being a year old, with it's successor coming out shortly? This boggles my mind.

That's what I don't get. The plain ignorance that gamers have when it comes to dealing with GameStop. I don't work for the company, I never have, and most likely, never will. But I understand the basic idea of a business, which is to buy at low cost and sell at a high profit. I also understand that no one, be it GameStop or some slub on Ebay, would pay top dollar for a second hand item.

Why do gamers have this idea that GameStop should pay them what they think a game is worth?
Ok man you are right. There are you happy. Lets stay on topic. You are bringing up Gamestop rants too much now. The guy said he expected more and thats his opnion.

Ontopic-I might give Kane and lynch 2 another try. I'm halfway to the 1,000. Only on lvl 2 on EXTREME difficulty already a broken piece of **** game. I hate how I clear a room and a guy comes outta no were,oh wait he didn't the graphics are grainy so its hard to see. Then I gotta restart and clear the room all over again. So yeah. One more try cause I like beating HARD games but not Broken ones.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #52
Dexter010

Claptrap NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
@ Deadsea18 & Dexter010

The only problem with trading and your lists is that you're probably looking at around thirty-five dollars for everything on them, maybe an extra few bucks if you get a stellar trade-in bonus somewhere. I have a few of the games on those lists and have considered selling them myself but the trade-in is around a dollar or two and it doesn't even seem worth it. Alot of places probably won't even buy those old sports games and if they do it's gonna be for a quarter. Think of handing that whole pile over and then kicking in thirty dollars to walk out with one new game. The only real way to win with selling is to trade-in while a game is very new or sell it on eBay or something. It kinda sucks.
We've a shop called GameMania here in The Netherlands. You can trade/sell your games overthere and for exchange you get points on your account which can give you extra stuff for a game or that you don't have to pay the full price for a game. I've done this for 3 times now and I always got newer and better games back for it.
Dexter010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #53
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Ok man you are right. There are you happy. Lets stay on topic. You are bringing up Gamestop rants too much now. The guy said he expected more and thats his opnion.
So you're saying, it's okay that EVERYONE ELSE brings up GameStop and gives their opinion on the company, but when I do it, it's a rant? What?

Old 03-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #54
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
It's a trade in discussion and trading in at Gamestop is almost always a rip-off, I think it's a valid complaint.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #55
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
This is the first time I've seen a Gamestop apologist. Are we in the Twilight Zone?

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #56
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
This is the first time I've seen a Gamestop apologist. Are we in the Twilight Zone?
Yes, yes we are.

Oh, btw Jedi while I semi-OT, am going to be trading in my old jasper rig and some done-with games over the next week for Da da da da daaaaaa!!!

Cybertron!

You in for some Escalation? (I know took me long enough )

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #57
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Yes, yes we are.

Oh, btw Jedi while I semi-OT, am going to be trading in my old jasper rig and some done-with games over the next week for Da da da da daaaaaa!!!

Cybertron!

You in for some Escalation? (I know took me long enough )
You're cutting it close, I almost sold it last week.

I'm totally down for some Escalation. Just say the word, and I'm there.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #58
kutpurse

kutpurse's Gamercard
Rage: although I did like the game a lot I have finished it 3 times. I went thru it again on hard with the new dlc.

AC brotherhood: really good game I am just finished with it.

Dead space: I have finished this game twice. I am getting one more cheevo and then I'm done.
kutpurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:06 AM   #59
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Fuck Gamestop. So much, so, so, much. Selling on Ebay is 98,414,938x better, as you'll always get that ONE guy who bids a crazy amount in the last 5 seconds in order to snag your game With that said, I'm selling these games this summer to get cash towards Splinter Cell: Blacklist and GTAV
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations
Probably gonna list the first two for $25, and AC:R for $12. Let's hope they sell!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #60
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Last game I sold was Ace Combat, I regret doing as it as I can't find a cheap copy here and everyone else I know who had it sold it too.

:(