PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
How To Buy The General Before Prestige 3

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE OP!

I'm just gonna copy and paste everything over from the other thread here because I'm lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
You need to have one survivor character not bought yet. Then, go to the character selection screen and go to the Solarii section and put the selector box over the general. Switch back to the survivor side and put the box over a character you can buy, but haven't bought yet. Now hit "Y" and "A" at the same time on the controller. You'll switch to the Solarii side and it will ask if you want to buy the survivor character you were hovering over before. The thing is, let's say you're hovering over a character that costs 3000 and you hit yes on the general, it will take away 10000 instead and actually highlight the locked character.
If this all seems confusing to you, just watch this video that should help clear things up.

Now, just remember, you need to be level 60 so you can buy all the guns, attachments, and Lara, then buy all the guns, attachments, and characters except for 1 survivor. Then do what I posted above to buy the general, and afterwards go and buy the last remaining survivor. If it works, the achievement will unlock once the last survivor is bought after the general.

Here is a picture confirming that this works. Thanks to ChaosChao for testing and confirming it works and also to the other peeps in the thread who were gonna test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoschao222 View Post
IT WORKS, GUYS!

Finally, after a mere 3 days of playing, 100%~!

Ty, you are a God!
So there you go guys. Go hog wild.

EDIT: If you did buy the General before you were able to get all the gun attachments and you are worried turning off your Xbox and messing up your chances of getting the achievement, DON'T WORRY! YOU CAN SAFELY TURN OFF YOUR XBOX AFTER BUYING THE GENERAL, THE GAME WILL STILL THINK YOU HAVE PURCHASED HIM!

Confirmation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Hermann View Post
Hi guys. So yesterday I had worries I'd messed up this glitch by buying the general before anything else and then quitting the game.

I have good news that it still unlocked shopaholic for me. It wouldn't let me buy the general again because the salvage wasn't going down, so I just purchased the other characters and upgrades and it unlocked. So it must have remembered that I'd done it
Quote:
Yep, and to confirm this even more, I bought the general at level 15 like 7 days ago when I made the video and I have since turned my Xbox on and off many times. Just got to 58, used the glitch to buy Lara early, then bought all the rest of the characters and upgrades and had the achievement pop with no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 03-23-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #2
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
And just a heads up, don't exit the game before purchasing everything and unlocking the achievement. It appears anything that was locked at the time of purchase (AKA The General if you do it at 60) will re-lock and not count as purchased when you reload the game. You also lose that salvage. I cannot confirm if they just appear fully locked again but still count as I am only level 35.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #3
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
So what you're saying is, if you try and re-buy them again it will charge you again if you had already bought the character early in a previous session?
Quote:

Old 03-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #4
alanp9

alanp9's Gamercard
Thanks for this. It would also be great if someone could confirm exactly how much salvage is needed before starting this process.
alanp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 AM   #5
Licensedshoes

The AuD Doc's Gamercard
And if all the survivors are already purchased I'm guessing I'm SOL? No way to start a new multiplayer profile?
Licensedshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #6
bean is not pro

bean is not pro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensedshoes View Post
And if all the survivors are already purchased I'm guessing I'm SOL? No way to start a new multiplayer profile?
yes, you're SOL if you already bought all the survivors. i believe you can delete your MP profile though and start over. if you don't wanna wait for the patch, then it might be worth it.
message me if you wanna boost: gh3, gta4, ANYTHING
bean is not pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #7
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Sweet. i just hope people give you credit when they go run telling everybody, especially the damn sister site.

Nevermind i made the thread over there. so now that wont be an issue.

Last edited by Annalie; 03-18-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #8
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
So what you're saying is, if you try and re-buy them again it will charge you again if you had already bought the character early in a previous session?
It looks that way as the checkmarks hidden by the locks have disappeared. I don't want to risk spending more salvage to see if I get charged again.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #9
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
It looks that way as the checkmarks hidden by the locks have disappeared. I don't want to risk spending more salvage to see if I get charged again.
I would test it again, but I don't have access to my Xbox now and I won't be able to until Tuesday. :/

You could try buying a cheaper character then turning your box off and trying to buy the same character again to see if you get charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Sweet. i just hope people give you credit when they go run telling everybody, especially the damn sister site.

Nevermind i made the thread over there. so now that wont be an issue.
Thanks for that!
Quote:

Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #10
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I would test it again, but I don't have access to my Xbox now and I won't be able to until Tuesday. :/

You could try buying a cheaper character then turning your box off and trying to buy the same character again to see if you get charged.
I might do that later after I collect some salvage.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:07 AM   #11
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:

Thanks for that!
No problem, i hate when people try to take credit for other peoples finds. i had to do it lol. you just saved a ton of people a lot of time and headaches. now all i need to do is get to 60.

Last edited by Annalie; 03-18-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #12
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

You might also went to make the solution over on TrueAchievements, if you have an account there, before someone else does.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:11 AM   #13
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
You might also went to make the solution over on TrueAchievements, if you have an account there, before someone else does.
I have an account there, but I don't use the site. If someone has an account there and wants to post it and give me credit, that's fine, but really all I care is that this site has the info.
Quote:

Old 03-18-2013, 04:12 AM   #14
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I have an account there, but I don't use the site. If someone has an account there and wants to post it and give me credit, that's fine, but really all I care is that this site has the info.
I can do it. I use TA a lot. I will just copy/paste your original post in this thread with a link to it and credit given to you. Just don't want people stealing your thunder!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #15
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
I can do it. I use TA a lot. I will just copy/paste your original post in this thread with a link to it and credit given to you. Just don't want people stealing your thunder!
Yeah, that's cool, thanks!
Quote:

Old 03-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #16
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, that's cool, thanks!
http://www.trueachievements.com/view...mmentid=599043

Let me know if you want anything added/removed/clarified/etc.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #17
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

I was thinking of posting it on the official forums but then again that would be a dumb ass idea. hopefully... nobody posts this over there lol.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #18
BiggD
47 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I've said thanks maybe 6 times already, but...thanks man. This is a great solution to a fucked up and ridiculous achievement.

I hope it works 100% for everyone who uses it. You saved everyone 50+ hours of boosting/grinding. That's literally, awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
I was thinking of posting it on the official forums but then again that would be a dumb ass idea. hopefully... nobody posts this over there lol.
Lmao! Nah, let them keep grinding/waiting for their patch

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #19
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post

Lmao! Nah, let them keep grinding/waiting for their patch
Hahahaha, yea... let them PC bastards work for something for once.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:37 AM   #20
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
http://www.trueachievements.com/view...mmentid=599043

Let me know if you want anything added/removed/clarified/etc.
Looks good to me! Thanks again!

Does TA just not have any game specific forums? It would seem weird if so since this would have never been figured out if we didn't have community input here.

And yeah, I'm sure at some point this will all get posted over on the main Tomb Raider site, but hopefully it won't be for a few days so I can unlock the achievement before they could fix it. Though, I don't think they would since they're gonna make it easier to get the general come next patch.
Quote:

Old 03-18-2013, 04:41 AM   #21
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Looks good to me! Thanks again!

Does TA just not have any game specific forums? It would seem weird if so since this would have never been figured out if we didn't have community input here.

And yeah, I'm sure at some point this will all get posted over on the main Tomb Raider site, but hopefully it won't be for a few days so I can unlock the achievement before they could fix it. Though, I don't think they would since they're gonna make it easier to get the general come next patch.
There are game specific forums on TA, but I never venture into them. Seem way more confusing than X360A.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #22
bean is not pro

bean is not pro's Gamercard
just wanted to confirm that this works. i told my buddy Zip about it and he did it an hour ago and now has the achievement. and i will probably have it too by tomorrow night ty is the man.

also, any good way to grind salvage? (i'm sure a lot of people will be asking now) i've been using the FFA grenade launcher method and a little solo beach rescue, but i'm still fairly low on salvage.
message me if you wanna boost: gh3, gta4, ANYTHING
bean is not pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #23
Colmarr

CovetousCash64's Gamercard
TA has a game discussion forum, where every thread must be linked to a specific game (eg. "Anyone wan't to do the co-op campaign on Realistic?" re: Splinter Cell Conviction), but doesn't have a separate forum for each game.

@ the OP: I bought the pilot the other night, so thank god I saw this thread before hitting 60 and buying Lara!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #24
Chojin

Send a message via MSN to Chojin

Chojin22000's Gamercard
I've already bought all of the survivors so i'm screwed

I'll just continue on I guess. Great find!

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #25
trent82

trent82's Gamercard
I successfully used this method as well. 1000/1000. Now I can return to enjoying videogames.
trent82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #26
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
nice! top find fella! how did you even find that out? will definitely be using this! thanks for posting.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #27
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Amazing work dude.
Last Achievement : Sonic Finale - Sonic & Knuckles (Xbox 360) - 25g
Last 100% Completion : Sonic & Knuckles (Xbox 360)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Xerofox for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #28
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
i wonder if today's update will affect this method?

i hope not as it's an excellent find.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #29
PRmykey327

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
i wonder if today's update will affect this method
CAn anyone confirm this?
PRmykey327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #30
BiggD
47 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmykey327 View Post
CAn anyone confirm this?
I'll be able to confirm it in a couple of hours.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 03-18-2013 at 01:54 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote