PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #31
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post

Jack of All Trades 10
Won 10 matches of Overrun

Can be obtained in Private Matches (versus bots included)

Play the Overrun mode and win 10 times.

Tracking: You can check the Achievements section in Stats & Awards from the main menu to see how many you have won.
Just got this and found the easiest and quickest (probably) way to get this.

Private match, mercy rule ON, go to Skyline, and be COG first. This map is very easy to bottleneck on and if you play as Cole you can sit in one spot to the right of the first hole by the vent and be able to look both ways with the grenade launcher thing, which is amazing by the way. Already got the green metallic skin for it.

If you run out of ammo, throw down an ammo thing in front of you, obviously.

Anyway, shut out the Locust team and when you switch sides, pick Grenadier. Head to the right, up the ramp, and destroy the two barricades here (barbed wire). Once through, you can sit behind the vent shaft in the far back corner and keep throwing grenades over to the hole and destroy it. Your AI might win for you if you can destroy some barricades.

The Locust team is really OP IMO. Only thing OP that COG has is that damn grenade launcher that Cole has. I saw him get six kills on screen with that thing one time. I was like, really? He does that in number 3, and now again here.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #32
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post

Private match, mercy rule ON, go to Skyline, and be COG first. This map is very easy to bottleneck on and if you play as Cole you can sit in one spot to the right of the first hole by the vent and be able to look both ways with the grenade launcher thing, which is amazing by the way. Already got the green metallic skin for it.

Anyway, shut out the Locust team and when you switch sides, pick Grenadier. Head to the right, up the ramp, and destroy the two barricades here (barbed wire). Once through, you can sit behind the vent shaft in the far back corner and keep throwing grenades over to the hole and destroy it. Your AI might win for you if you can destroy some barricades.

The Locust team is really OP IMO. Only thing OP that COG has is that damn grenade launcher that Cole has. I saw him get six kills on screen with that thing one time. I was like, really? He does that in number 3, and now again here.
The Locust is supposed to be more powerful than the COG. The whole point of the mode isn't for the COG to win, but for whichever group can go through and defeat the generator fastest.

And thanks for this method! Should be very useful.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #33
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Updated the roadmap a little bit. This is a very different guide than I am used to. Usually I have media I can make for it, like videos/pictures. This one really doesn't have any misc achievements to do that with. A ton of them all relate to another. I mean I guess I could make videos showing quick ways to do certain things but even then I dont think it is needed. I always create collectible guides too, but Maka has more than taken care of that. I am trying to capture all locations so he can use the pictures. I don;t know, I feel like this guide is very minor compared to others. Like not a lot of work I guess. I'm being slow this time. I have a week still until Bioshock Infinite comes out, and if I do a guide for that, I can assure you it will be hours of work compared to this.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #34
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Ribbon Master:

This can easily be done during the very first section of the campaign during Chapter 1: The Museum of Military Glory, Section 1: Old Town.

You'll start off with some story, and come to a burning tree and encounter your first enemies. Use the chainsaw to kill 3 of them in a row to unlock Lumberjack - Chainsawed 3 opponents or enemies in a row.

Now, continue to move through the mission, making sure to trigger the declassified mission as well. During the next section, you'll want to run through as much as possible until you see an E-Hole open up in front of you. As it opens, and enemies begin to come out, throw a frag grenade into the hole to get: Plug That Hole - Closed an E-Hole with explosives and Clusterluck - Killed multiple opponents or enemies with one grenade. You should have now unlocked the achievement.

If you were unsuccessful, you can restart your last checkpoint or get 3 headshots in a row to get: Hat Trick - Scored 3 headshots in a row without dying.

Note: The achievement will unlock in-game, and you are free to restart checkpoints.

Quote:
Updated the roadmap a little bit. This is a very different guide than I am used to. Usually I have media I can make for it, like videos/pictures. This one really doesn't have any misc achievements to do that with. A ton of them all relate to another. I mean I guess I could make videos showing quick ways to do certain things but even then I dont think it is needed. I always create collectible guides too, but Maka has more than taken care of that. I am trying to capture all locations so he can use the pictures. I don;t know, I feel like this guide is very minor compared to others. Like not a lot of work I guess. I'm being slow this time. I have a week still until Bioshock Infinite comes out, and if I do a guide for that, I can assure you it will be hours of work compared to this.
There's nothing you can do about the shitty achievement list.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #35
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hey Tyger. Lovely guide.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #36
Deific Aberrant

Send a message via AIM to Deific Aberrant Send a message via MSN to Deific Aberrant Send a message via Yahoo to Deific Aberrant

Deific Aberrant's Gamercard
Quote:
Sybarite 50
Earned the Onyx "War Supporter" medal

War Supporter is a medal that requires you to play in Gears events. Go into the Versus menuand you will see Special Event on the list. You must play these until you unlock the medal.
I think these are 'weekly' events. Hard to say since it's the first/opening week; however, Epic's site says this first one is a week at least... link

Thought I'd mention that in case you get bombarded with questions about it 'not working correctly' when people play them back-to-back. I played two matches before going to bed and it only counted for one on the medal.
Deific Aberrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #37
Aurahead

Aurahead's Gamercard
I did play versus private match free for all but didn't unlock or list that I won them. Do I have to play on default settings? I changed Goal score etc.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #38
General Boredom

general boredom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Private Free For All matches don't seem to be counting towards the Roaming Free and Globe Trotter achievements for me.

I won a game on Gondola, but the Achievements section of Stats and Awards shows no progress in either of them.

No, I am NOT the AVGN!
General Boredom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #39
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Boredom View Post
Private Free For All matches don't seem to be counting towards the Roaming Free and Globe Trotter achievements for me.

I won a game on Gondola, but the Achievements section of Stats and Awards shows no progress in either of them.
You have to do it while online so tell us if you did it online or offline

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 44/44
Completed Retail: 188/190
Completed Retail with DLC: 188/190
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #40
J BARNSLEY

I J BARNSLEY I's Gamercard
Just to clear this up for anyone, "Roaming Free" can be obtained in private, as long as you are in an online party. If you're in a local party it will not count towards the achievement. I set the party to Invite only.

You can select your party options in the menus by pressing the back button.
J BARNSLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #41
sublime shooter

Send a message via AIM to sublime shooter

Lightsaber's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
I'm having problems getting my free for all win in private game it's not counting why is this ?

sublime shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #42
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

Just saw this post but this is exactly how I did this. The only difference is that I just stayed on the turret directly behind the objective to make sure whenever an enemy got through I killed them right away. Your teammates will actually do a decent job of covering both flanks. The only other difference is I played as a Medic and when someone went down or got hurt and there were no enemies around I would hop off the turret for a quick second and lob a healing grenade at them. Definately the easiest method if you don't plan on playing Overrun publicly much.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #43
tazlik2fly52

Tazlik2fly52's Gamercard
free for all has to be online. can be done in a private match 1v1 with a bot as your opponent with kills set to 10
Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #44
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
6 kills in a mode with only 5 enemies at a time, I think you're exaggerating.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #45
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Okay, did a ton of updating to the guide. Created various images, included a couple videos, and explained multiplayer modes a lot more in depth. I have also updated the roadmap with an estimation of what this will all be like. Hopefully this looks a lot better than the first draft I had

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #46
Khaurel

Khaurel's Gamercard
Quote:
Okay, did a ton of updating to the guide. Created various images, included a couple videos, and explained multiplayer modes a lot more in depth. I have also updated the roadmap with an estimation of what this will all be like. Hopefully this looks a lot better than the first draft I had
Thanks for the guide but are you sure the All Rounder etc can be obtained offline on private matches ? Because won a match on every mode and nothing unlocked.
Khaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #47
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaurel View Post
Thanks for the guide but are you sure the All Rounder etc can be obtained offline on private matches ? Because won a match on every mode and nothing unlocked.
I don't know about being offline, but I know for sure in private matches (that's how I got miine). Did you unlock other multiplayer based achievements while offline too or is this the only one like it?

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #48
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Is the 'Aftermath' chapter necessary to unlock the 'complete on xx difficulty' achievements? I only ask this because apparently it is not necessary for "Blood Brothers" (compete the campaign chapters in co-op), so one would assume it's not needed for the difficulty achievements. Just wondering. Either way, I think it should be noted in the Insane solution.

Also, say I play on Hardcore and get 100 stars, unlocking "Star Struck", will "Rising Star" (get 50 stars on Casual) and "Shooting Star" (get 75 stars on Normal) also unlock, or do you have to play on those difficulties individually to unlock them?

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 03-22-2013 at 06:46 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #49
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
I am so glad you're the one writing this guide, Matey. Your guides are all made with the rarest extract of pure awesomium.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #50
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
I completed the first chapter of the campaign in a public game, but no story-related achievement. Did it just glitch or can you only get those achievements in a private game?
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #51
Khaurel

Khaurel's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't know about being offline, but I know for sure in private matches (that's how I got miine). Did you unlock other multiplayer based achievements while offline too or is this the only one like it?
R ight now the only progress I have is for using the COG or Locust class on Overrun matches but nothing else.
Khaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #52
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
Insane

Has anyone rage over insane mode yet?

DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #53
XiX_FaTe_XiX

XiX FaTe XiX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTRO5 View Post
Has anyone rage over insane mode yet?
I did solo insane. Finished it earlier. I would rather do that than online. There were 3 parts that stood out as frustrating.

1. Where you're at a door and like 50 ragers/maulers rush you.
2. End of Ch.5
3. Final Boss

These are all with declassified too. 2 drove me absolutely crazy. It's possible though.
XiX_FaTe_XiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #54
Nico Loire

Nico Loire's Gamercard
Seriously 4.0 = No

No Seriously 4.0? Thank god.

This should be a breeze then. I'll have to max this out before I start playing the other three. I hate getting reset...
Nico Loire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #55
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
I am 100% certain that you cannot get achievements in private vs bots. I cant even get splitscreen co-op survival to count. Which is weird since I was able to obtain death to cog and death to locust in solo private matches
Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #56
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
I am 100% certain that you cannot get achievements in private vs bots. I cant even get splitscreen co-op survival to count. Which is weird since I was able to obtain death to cog and death to locust in solo private matches
Wrong. You can. I got the "Death to Locust" and "All Rounded" achievements playing solo against bots in Private.

Split-screen is not online whether you are playing against bots or not. It's local. That's your mistake, playing split-screen. You can't. You might be connected to Live, but you are technically not playing online, which is a requirement for these achievements.

This really needs to be clarified in the guide. Online solo private matches against bots seem to be the only ones that count towards the achievements. If anyone was playing any way else and had them count, please post what you did.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 03-25-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #57
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Is the 'Aftermath' chapter necessary to unlock the 'complete on xx difficulty' achievements? I only ask this because apparently it is not necessary for "Blood Brothers" (compete the campaign chapters in co-op), so one would assume it's not needed for the difficulty achievements. Just wondering. Either way, I think it should be noted in the Insane solution.

Also, say I play on Hardcore and get 100 stars, unlocking "Star Struck", will "Rising Star" (get 50 stars on Casual) and "Shooting Star" (get 75 stars on Normal) also unlock, or do you have to play on those difficulties individually to unlock them?
Does anyone have an answer to my questions? I think they would be pertinent to the guide...
Old 03-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #58
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Wrong. You can. I got the "Death to Locust" and "All Rounded" achievements playing solo against bots in Private.

Split-screen is not online whether you are playing against bots or not. It's local. That's your mistake, playing split-screen. You can't. You might be connected to Live, but you are technically not playing online, which is a requirement for these achievements.

This really needs to be clarified in the guide. Online solo private matches against bots seem to be the only ones that count towards the achievements. If anyone was playing any way else and had them count, please post what you did.
Looks like you misread, as I was able to obtain those too... As for not being able to earn the survival achievement in split screen that is fucking bullshit
Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #59
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Maybe it's just me and the fact that I despise horde/surivival/defense game types, but I've found the Survivor achievement to be way too difficult to do by yourself in a private casual match with bots.

I did the first map (Estate, I think) first attempt with no trouble (except that the seemingly never-ending last wave made me late for work). Tried the other maps and failed all of them around wave 6-8. None of them have any good defense points. There's usually a troika near the E-holes but they're always at retarded angles that barely let you cover any area. The bot teammates are terrible and pretty much just sit there and watch enemies melee the E-hole covers. The bot teammates also seem to be able to climb up to ledges/areas that I am not able to, which I don't understand.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:31 AM   #60
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post
Maybe it's just me and the fact that I despise horde/surivival/defense game types, but I've found the Survivor achievement to be way too difficult to do by yourself in a private casual match with bots.

I did the first map (Estate, I think) first attempt with no trouble (except that the seemingly never-ending last wave made me late for work). Tried the other maps and failed all of them around wave 6-8. None of them have any good defense points. There's usually a troika near the E-holes but they're always at retarded angles that barely let you cover any area. The bot teammates are terrible and pretty much just sit there and watch enemies melee the E-hole covers. The bot teammates also seem to be able to climb up to ledges/areas that I am not able to, which I don't understand.
Hmm I only did Estate by myself with bots. I did the rest with 4 others and the locusts didn't destroy even the first E-Hole. It was very easy. I can update the guide if people are having trouble on the other maps solo.

I am upping the difficulty to a 9/10 until I beat it on insane with all stars and declassified missions. I find doing it solo is easier than having partners (bots can't die, they can be revived).

Xbox360 games I have