PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #61
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thank you for the guide Tyger. As always, you're doing a great job!

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #62
Flint5ven

Sybarite and dlc achievements are going to be.

Flint5ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #63
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Is the 'Aftermath' chapter necessary to unlock the 'complete on xx difficulty' achievements? I only ask this because apparently it is not necessary for "Blood Brothers" (compete the campaign chapters in co-op), so one would assume it's not needed for the difficulty achievements. Just wondering. Either way, I think it should be noted in the Insane solution.

No you don't need to complete aftermath for the difficulty achievements

Also, say I play on Hardcore and get 100 stars, unlocking "Star Struck", will "Rising Star" (get 50 stars on Casual) and "Shooting Star" (get 75 stars on Normal) also unlock, or do you have to play on those difficulties individually to unlock them?
yes, these star difficulties stack. i started on normal and got both 'rising star' and 'shooting star'
Answers in red above^^^

i don't know if this is obvious, i didn't already know, anyway, but i was going for the stars on hardcore, got 99, which took the piss.

you can go back to any section where you only had 1 or 2 stars, get one more and it will count as 100. basically, you don't need to acquire all of the stars in one playthrough, you can go back to individual sections, get 3 stars on whatever difficulty you want, then back out and choose another section.

sorry, if this is obvious and everyone knows, just thought i'd share in case no-one did.

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.

Last edited by Scotty; 03-25-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #64
Eski Boi

Finding that private matches dont get you the achievements. Ive won FFA games on all maps and no achievement or achievement tracker

Wake me, when you need me..
Eski Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #65
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski Boi View Post
Finding that private matches don't get you the achievements. Ive won FFA games on all maps and no achievement or achievement tracker
People have been saying this, but I did it and had never played in anything but a private match for free for all. The solution has been that you must be playing Online in order to obtain the tracking. Have you been offline trying it?

If these are requiring online, then I suppose I will have to fix a bunch of the online/offline part of the roadmap. It might be hard to figure out which ones actually require the online part.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #66
Eski Boi

Yes pal, Ive been playing offline due to connection issues

Wake me, when you need me..
Eski Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #67
Michael Fautley

Michael Fautley's Gamercard
Does anyone know if you have to have a title update for you to be able to unlock the multiplayer achievements in private matches. The reason I ask is that I am not online with my xbox and when I play privately, it is not adding the win to the counters on my stats page.
Windows Phone Games Completed: 2
XBL Arcade Games Completed: 0
Custom Controller In Development: Wired SSFIV Theme
Michael Fautley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #68
Donna591

For insane on co-op, everyone has to have insane unlocked for everyone to play on insane. It is very strange.
Donna591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #69
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Fautley View Post
Does anyone know if you have to have a title update for you to be able to unlock the multiplayer achievements in private matches. The reason I ask is that I am not online with my xbox and when I play privately, it is not adding the win to the counters on my stats page.
It works with private matches but only if you are online

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 46/46
Completed Retail: 191/193
Completed Retail with DLC: 191/193
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #70
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
The multiplayer achievements can all be done in private matches but you have to be connected to Xbox Live and have your party set to open or invite only. The same goes for split screen but both accounts need to have an XBL membership (possibly Gold).
Mister Buds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #71
Michael Fautley

Michael Fautley's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEndriux View Post
It works with private matches but only if you are online
I am currently not online at all so looks like I won't be unlocking the multiplayer achievements any time soon.
Windows Phone Games Completed: 2
XBL Arcade Games Completed: 0
Custom Controller In Development: Wired SSFIV Theme
Michael Fautley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #72
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Answers in red above^^^

i don't know if this is obvious, i didn't already know, anyway, but i was going for the stars on hardcore, got 99, which took the piss.

you can go back to any section where you only had 1 or 2 stars, get one more and it will count as 100. basically, you don't need to acquire all of the stars in one playthrough, you can go back to individual sections, get 3 stars on whatever difficulty you want, then back out and choose another section.

sorry, if this is obvious and everyone knows, just thought i'd share in case no-one did.
Thanks for the confirmation Scotty!

Now another question for everyone. You said you could go back to a previous chapter on the same difficulty and keep accumulating stars if you haven't gotten the achievement yet. Seems simple and I don't see why that wouldn't or shouldn't work. But your "get 3 stars on whatever difficulty you want" statement is curious to me...

Say I get all 126 stars on Casual or Normal (not likely, but let's say). Can I load up a chapter, switch the difficulty to Insane, play some of the chapter and since I have all the stars, will the achievement unlock? Or same for Hardcore... get over 100 stars on Casual or Normal, load a chapter up on Hardcore and it will unlock?

I don't see why this might not work, but I can also see why it wouldn't work (since the game tracks how many stars you got on certain difficulties). Does anyone know if this works? Might be a workaround for "Superstar"...

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 03-25-2013 at 03:53 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #73
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
guide

This guide look damn good.

DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #74
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
I am 100% certain that you cannot get achievements in private vs bots. I cant even get splitscreen co-op survival to count. Which is weird since I was able to obtain death to cog and death to locust in solo private matches
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Wrong. You can. I got the "Death to Locust" and "All Rounded" achievements playing solo against bots in Private.

Split-screen is not online whether you are playing against bots or not. It's local. That's your mistake, playing split-screen. You can't. You might be connected to Live, but you are technically not playing online, which is a requirement for these achievements.

This really needs to be clarified in the guide. Online solo private matches against bots seem to be the only ones that count towards the achievements. If anyone was playing any way else and had them count, please post what you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
Looks like you misread, as I was able to obtain those too... As for not being able to earn the survival achievement in split screen that is fucking bullshit
I didn't misread. You said "I am 100% certain that you cannot get achievements in private vs bots." You didn't specify solo or split-screen in that sentence. I said I got them playing private solo against bots.

While you did say later on that you got achievements doing it solo, you didn't get any doing split-screen. I just reiterated what you wrote and said you COULD get them solo playing against bots as long as you are online. Then you said that you couldn't get them split-screen, for which I stated that you can't get any achievements split-screen, which answered your direct query.

Then Mister Buds added this:
Quote:
The multiplayer achievements can all be done in private matches but you have to be connected to Xbox Live and have your party set to open or invite only. The same goes for split screen but both accounts need to have an XBL membership (possibly Gold).
What did I misread? If you don't want help, don't post.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #75
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Regarding private maches. Can you change the default times and still get them?

I got them all already, but on one of my domination games I change the time to the lowest possible, I won, but didnt get credit. Putting it back to the default I then got credit.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #76
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
Regarding private maches. Can you change the default times and still get them?

I got them all already, but on one of my domination games I change the time to the lowest possible, I won, but didnt get credit. Putting it back to the default I then got credit.
I change score amount on domination and got it fine. You win so fast there's no reason to adjust time

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #77
DarkxMaterials

DarkxMaterials's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond
Difficulty

I believe that the difficulty should be changed from 9 to somewhere around 5. Nothing is very difficult in this game and only a few points will hold you up if you are not careful. The guide is well written otherwise and feel free to use my solution in it.

http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=602823#vch
DarkxMaterials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #78
Emptiiness

Emptiiness's Gamercard
*EDIT*
Never mind i found it im retarded >_>

okay some how i missed a classified mission and when i check stats and awards it says 41/42 and when i check the campaign leader board it just tells me how many stars i got. How do i figure out which one i missed?

Last edited by Emptiiness; 03-26-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Emptiiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #79
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptiiness View Post
okay some how i missed a classified mission and when i check stats and awards it says 41/42 and when i check the campaign leader board it just tells me how many stars i got. How do i figure out which one i missed?
in the stats and awards screen, the first page will be 4 options. the bottom one is campaign. click on it and you can go through about 46 pages, pressing . when you get to the declassified missions, they will be complete when there is a difficulty next to them and if they haven't been completed it will be '--' next to it.

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #80
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Time to update the guide. Only "Death to Locust/COG" can be done offline with bots.

Last goal met: 200k - Oct 6, 2013

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #81
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
So at the moment there are only 2 online achievements? Sweet! I bought the game today (hopefully get confirmation to pick it up tomorrow) so I could be looking at a completion within 1 week.

Thanks for the guide.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #82
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
So at the moment there are only 2 online achievements?
Yes. However, currently it's impossible to unlock the "Sybarite" achievement as it requires you to participate in 30 events and so far PCF has only released one. They're supposed to deliver a new event every week so you'd have to play the game at least once per week for 29 weeks to get the achievement.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #83
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Yes. However, currently it's impossible to unlock the "Sybarite" achievement as it requires you to participate in 30 events and so far PCF has only released one. They're supposed to deliver a new event every week so you'd have to play the game at least once per week for 29 weeks to get the achievement.
Well thanks, for the good and bad news. I suppose it isn't as much of a grind as Seriously, so I ain't complaining.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #84
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosin360 View Post
Time to update the guide. Only "Death to Locust/COG" can be done offline with bots.
You mean they patched it so you can't get certain online achievements against bots anymore? Or do you mean you can get them, but must be signed into Xbox live?

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #85
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosin360 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
You mean they patched it so you can't get certain online achievements against bots anymore? Or do you mean you can get them, but must be signed into Xbox live?
This isn't an achievement. It's a medal.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #86
Golden Guard

For those who are confused about the Private game related achievements, hopefully I can help you.

From my experience, they can't be achieved in Private games (not talking about the Overrun or Survival cheevos). I have a SILVER membership and I play while connected to Live, so one of two things must be true.

Either you NEED a Gold membership to get the achievements in Private matches, or it's been patched where Private matches no longer affect achievement progress.

I am NOT, by any means, 100% sure of this, but I've been playing FFA in Private matches and no progress has been made, so I'm fairly sure this is the case.

(If you could clarify this in your guide once it's been 100% confirmed, that'd be awesome )
Golden Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #87
StepwiseThunder

StepwiseThunder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Guard View Post

Either you NEED a Gold membership to get the achievements in Private matches, or it's been patched where Private matches no longer affect achievement progress.
I have a card for 2 days gold membership, do you want it ?
StepwiseThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #88
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepwiseThunder View Post

This could help him confirm by going gold then doing same thing and seeing if it unlocks. Good idea

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #89
Golden Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepwiseThunder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
This could help him confirm by going gold then doing same thing and seeing if it unlocks. Good idea
Good idea, that would be greatly appreciated!
Golden Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #90
XbLWinston

XbL Winston's Gamercard
Thank you so much for the guide!
XbLWinston is offline   Reply With Quote