PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Klint Beastw00d

Klint Beastw00d's Gamercard
This game is bad

I can't say I'm disappointed because I figured it would be. Honestly though this game was just trying to cash in on the popularity of the show. The developers didn't put any effort into making this good.
Klint Beastw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
JoeyRR

Didn't have any high hopes for this game, but after renting it from Redbox earlier today I found it to be alright. I'm sure they could have done a lot better job if they had more time to work on it.
JoeyRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Final Breed

Final Breed's Gamercard
I knew it was gonna be bad from the first time i saw footage and then suddenly price drops within 2 weeks prior to games release to $40, but i am enjoying the rental...but like you said just a quick cash-in for AMC/Activision while the show is at it's peak with popularity. Just renting it/beating it/returning it!

Army of Two and Bioshock Infinite next week is where my money is going.

Last edited by Final Breed; 03-19-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Final Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
GUS
Banned User

chocking gus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
lol dumb thread saying trash to a game wich is actually good, REAL fans would love the game, haters will always hate.

CLOSE
GUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS View Post
lol dumb thread saying trash to a game wich is actually good, REAL fans would love the game, haters will always hate.

CLOSE
Hoping this will be the case with me, hardcore Walking Dead fan here!

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by klint beastw00d View Post
the developers didn't put any effort into making this good.
the developers were rushed..

cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #7
ocfp

OCFP gr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Sticking a butchers knife into a zombies brain is pretty entertaining to me.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:27 AM   #8
This is Bullshit
Banned User

Quote:

CLOSE
agreed no reason to post trashy things on the game with a wortles thread

CLOSE

Last edited by This is Bullshit; 03-20-2013 at 01:29 AM.
This is Bullshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #9
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
For a game that was obviously rushed it is excellent. It does have several kinks and problems (infinitely respawning zombies) but they can be fixed with a TU. Which hopefully we'll see since they are probably expected to make a sequel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Well when you put it that way, it's very true. I never even thought of the post count counting there.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #10
jedijaxpavan

ZOMBIFIED glory's Gamercard
Wink

Everyone knows its a rushed tv show tie in. Im surprised im enjoying it as much as I am. Then again im a major walking dead fan. If I were to rate it I would give it maybe a 6-7 of 10. I would rate it on what it is though, a cheap rushed game that only existes for the title. Along those lines its a good cash in.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #11
Sippy Cuppp

Sippy Cuppp's Gamercard
Quote:

CLOSE
Hope this guy is trolling... cause this game's graphics and mechanics belong on a ps2 or original xbox. Rented it and sending it back as soon as I finish it. Don't waste $50 on this garbage. Even if you are a "true fan."
Sippy Cuppp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:05 AM   #12
crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry's Gamercard
Kinda wish I didn't spend $50. Should have been $30, or a straight XBLA game.
crunchb3rry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #13
TG BigChilly4

MyPinkPartyPony's Gamercard
Quote:

CLOSE
Real Walking Dead fans should be looking at State of Decay, not this mediocre tie in title.

Last edited by TG BigChilly4; 03-20-2013 at 05:28 AM.
TG BigChilly4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #14
Klint Beastw00d

Klint Beastw00d's Gamercard
It takes three stabs to the head to kill a single zombie. The graphics and mechanics are awful. Being stealthy is a joke. You try to sneak up behind them and execute them but they turn around and the whole horde is alerted. As soon as one grabs you it's over. The inventory is stupid. You have know idea what the limit is and when it's full and you pick something up it will just discard a weapon. So I have no weapons currently. Yes, I'm a big fan of the TV show but I also like playing well made games so don't say I'm not a real fan because I don't like this game. Stop using the it's rushed excuse. Just admit its a crappy game.
Klint Beastw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #15
xxDrAiNxx

xxDrAiNxx's Gamercard
Oh well
Bargain bin it is then.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
Midnight_Jasper

Midnight Jasper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint Beastw00d View Post
1.It takes three stabs to the head to kill a single zombie.

2.The graphics and mechanics are awful.

3.Being stealthy is a joke.

4.You try to sneak up behind them and execute them but they turn around and the whole horde is alerted.

5.As soon as one grabs you it's over.

6.The inventory is stupid.You have know idea what the limit is and when it's full and you pick something up it will just discard a weapon.So I have no weapons currently.

7.Yes, I'm a big fan of the TV show but I also like playing well made games so don't say I'm not a real fan because I don't like this game. Stop using the it's rushed excuse. Just admit its a crappy game.
1.Yea for a knife, try a machete, fire axe or daryls favorite weapon. usually those are one swing/shoot kills, if you can aim

2.Yes they are not the best, but ive seen far worse, the game isnt broken either, I havent gone to place to where I was stuck and have to start over.

3.Why be stealthy all the time? It will work when there are one or two but if there is a horde of them, run as fast as you can. Running is usually the best way.

4.Again, you cant do it when there is so many. Only two or three can usually work.

5.No its not. When you think or see one about to grab you pressing RB (or just keep pressing RB will shove them off to let you start running.

6.??? Press the back button will let you discard other things (drink,flare,bottles,etc) so you can keep your weapons.

7.To me it seems like you just dont know how to play the game yet, I didnt know how too either. It takes awhile. Its not the best game but it is pretty fun once you get used to it and know how to play. You didnt get it yet and made it seem its really bad. You just reviewed it to early.

People this is not a crappy game, It has some flaws but the game is pretty fun once you get the hang of it. So go try it out or give it a second chance.
Midnight_Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #17
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Quote:

CLOSE
So you should like it just because it's The Walking Dead? Isn't that what Apple fans get accused of? Liking a product because they like the brand?

The OP doesn't like the game, has has every right to voice his opinion in his thread right? Doesn't seem like he's the only one either.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
WizardFlipper

WizardFlipper's Gamercard
Lol biteee meeeeee

Thank god ill be renting this crap then lol that save's me a few
WizardFlipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #19
menten

i find this game to be quite good and for some reason addicting as shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippy Cuppp View Post
Hope this guy is trolling... cause this game's graphics and mechanics belong on a ps2 or original xbox. Rented it and sending it back as soon as I finish it. Don't waste $50 on this garbage. Even if you are a "true fan."
so you hate this game because of bad graphics? what a dump pointless reason
menten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
Midnight_Jasper

Midnight Jasper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by menten View Post

Exactly, this game is somehow addicting, sure a short story but the replay value of it is great. Im on my 4th playthrough! Who doesnt love kicking zombies/walkers/biters ass?
Midnight_Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #21
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:

That's what I hate most about gamers, 'graphics have to be good, blah blah blah!'. No they don't.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #22
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
From watching a gameplay video on YouTube, the thing that stood out most was the A.I. Seems a little bit weak too me but obviously watching and playing are two different experiences entirely.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #23
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint Beastw00d View Post
I can't say I'm disappointed because I figured it would be. Honestly though this game was just trying to cash in on the popularity of the show. The developers didn't put any effort into making this good.
Not so bad and I came prepared. Enjoyig the game at the moment. A good rent hehe.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #24
DanKind pt 2

DanKind pt 2's Gamercard
It's a perfectly fine time killer for late at night. I think it's very atmospheric, and with all its flaws, still a really fun game.
DanKind pt 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #25
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I've enjoyed it for what it is so far. A decent TV tie-in with zombie killing fun. Never expect GOTY quality. My biggest gripe is the story pertaining to their father, it contradicts what the show has already shared.

Last edited by Double O Slevin; 03-20-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Double O Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #26
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterk73 View Post
the developers were rushed..
Exactly. They were given a shitty time window to make this and they tried to make it work. This is why I hate publishers. Now everyone is gonna pile the hate and say this game is the worst game ever made. Over exaggerating dumbasses that only think a game is two things. Perfect or shit. This is game is average, but it's still enjoyable.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #27
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:

I'm under the suspicion that this is someones second account. You join March 2013, and this is your first and only post. I will not take this opinion too seriously.

I watched the ending in a review that gave it a 3/10 and GOD DAMN, does this game look dumb as hell. If you think this game is good, you must not play "good" games. I must agree, the voice acting was done really well.

I think the Robert Kirkman (or whoever is in charge of selling the rights) should have got in touch with Deep Silver. Dead Island creators could have made one hell of a great game with The Walking Dead world.

For me, ill rent this and buy Dead Island: Riptide. Or as someone else had said earlier, State of Decay looks like a brilliant arcade game (if my memory serves me right).

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #28
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
To add anothing thing:

This game is way more fun, looks and plays better than ALIENS: EPIC FAIL COLONIAL MARINES. Just saying!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #29
ash356

Flamin X demon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippy Cuppp View Post
If your main opinion on a game being garbage is 'graphics', you'll forgive me for not giving a crap what you say.
As for mechanics; they don't seem that bad from what I've seen, watching a let's play and TotalBiscuits 'WTF is' of the game. He himself was relatively surprised in it when he was talking about non-existent noise detection by the AI, only to discover that he was actually wrong and it was implemented.
The main issue I have, based on what I've seen, is the 'swarm' chain thing. It should not be possible to get out of that; This game should be about core survival, a guy managing to fight his way out of a horde of twelve zombies chain grappling him is not what I would expect and would frankly make me reckless. Not the thing I frankly would want in the game.
I'm pretty sure if they'd been given more time, this would have been an excellent game; but Activison no doubt wanted it out before the end of Series 3, to cash-in on the hype. Thus, they have prematurely killed what could have in all-rights been a great franchise.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #30
MegaJohn

xMegaJohn's Gamercard
Even though I knew this game wasn't gonna be great, I was still looking forward to it since I'm a TWD nut. After playing it, it's good in spurts as it gets repetitive pretty quick. You can see just how rushed the game is, but I feel like with more dev time there are some things here that could have panned out a lot better. I mean hell the game was announced when? March/April 2012? We all knew it was gonna be a cash in, but as it stands, this game will give me my zombie killing fix until Riptide comes out. As far as State of Decay goes, oh my, I can't wait for that one.
MegaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote