PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #31
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Unhappy

I am a HUGE zombie fan and therefore Walking Dead. I was super jazzed for this game to come out, but after reading through this thread and seeing some reviews I am definitely not going to buy it, but am going to CONSIDER renting it.
I couldn't give a rats ass about graphics, it all lives and dies with gameplay for me. The review I am linking lays it out pretty clear that gameplay is a joke in this.

http://www.polygon.com/game/the-walk...-instinct/7980

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #32
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
Hoping this will be the case with me, hardcore Walking Dead fan here!
Same here. If it's Walking Dead, I'll love it. The reason I don't care for TellTale's game much is because it doesn't have a whole lot to do with the show. I know that's a dumb reason, but then again I only played the first free episode. I will get the full thing at some point.

Quote:
That's what I hate most about gamers, 'graphics have to be good, blah blah blah!'. No they don't.
God bless you.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:17 AM   #33
warrenpaul

Woz DJ's Gamercard
From what ive played so far its pretty much a stealth zombie game lol, im enjoying it to be honest.

warrenpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #34
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Same here. If it's Walking Dead, I'll love it. The reason I don't care for TellTale's game much is because it doesn't have a whole lot to do with the show. I know that's a dumb reason, but then again I only played the first free episode. I will get the full thing at some point.
In all honesty it was a good addition to the series, even saw Glenn for part of it. Was following the comic so it's all good in my eyes.. I was hooked since the first episode and I'm happy to say that it ended oh so brilliantly, deffo in Walking Dead style.

Quote:
God bless you.
I say what I feel.

Last edited by AmbaLaBamba; 03-21-2013 at 02:01 AM.
AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #35
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
To be fair though, the TellTale game is in the comic's canon. Not the show. I would give it a shot though, the episodes just get better.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #36
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
To add anothing thing:

This game is way more fun, looks and plays better than ALIENS: EPIC FAIL COLONIAL MARINES. Just saying!
Hehehehe good catch and good point yah.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #37
Klint Beastw00d

Klint Beastw00d's Gamercard
Words cannot accurately describe how much I hate this game right now.
Klint Beastw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #38
Phantomsiren

PhantomSiren's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint Beastw00d View Post
Amen to that. The game is hella boring with horrible graphics and weak gameplay. Makes having to go through it twice a chore and them some. God forbid if you miss something in a town or a survivor forcing you to go through it again ... ugh. I'm sorry but there are no excuses for having horrible graphics 6 years later into the console's life. AMC has plenty of money to spend on this game and there was no reason to give this to college students to make.

Bottom line, I love the Walking Dead but if the gameplay and graphics aren't there, then there should be some story to make up for it ... oh wait, that wasn't included either.

/wrists on this game. Bring on Bioshock
Old 03-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #39
AgentXLVII

Why do people keep defending the lazy developers? It's 2013 and this looks like ps2 graphics. Yeah, graphics aren't everything but they do make the game experience more satisfying and with it being 2013, they should be putting the technology to good use. Why are they drip feeding us these games when we all know what games can look like?

Condemned for Xbox 360 was released in 2005, TWD:SI, released in 2013. 8 YEARS LATER, NO IMPROVEMENT IN GRAPHICS, ARGUABLY A STEP DOWN. Back in 2005 I used to think what games would look like in 10 years time and if you shown me this game, I'd burst out laughing.

These people who think this looks good are the ones that ruin games by always paying for these mediocre products and then defend them. Once developers realize they don't have to try anymore and can still make a profit...they will. Some good example in relation to this are this game, Aliens:CM, the COD games , etc. Shame
AgentXLVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #40
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The more I watch, the worse it gets. The combat system is downright awful, jesus.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #41
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
The more I watch, the worse it gets. The combat system is downright awful, jesus.
Yeah me same been watched some videos. Well this game is only achievements for me to care about.

The Walking Dead: Achievement Hunter. Hehehehe
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #42
onidemon

onidemon666's Gamercard
Quote:
That's what I hate most about gamers, 'graphics have to be good, blah blah blah!'. No they don't.
Couldn't agree more........though kinda wishing I hadn't pre-ordered this game now and waited for it to drop in price a bit.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #43
Midnight_Jasper

Midnight Jasper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
The only thing im pissed about is not getting my preorder keychain ear, I forgot about it and didnt remember it till I got home. Fuck you gamestop, I better get everything once dead island comes around. I forget anything then.
Midnight_Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:55 AM   #44
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

is this game releasing on N64? if so i will get it.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:18 AM   #45
Klint Beastw00d

Klint Beastw00d's Gamercard
This game has grown on me. Already done three playthroughs. Still not that great though obviously.
Klint Beastw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #46
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Yes but it's worse when the game has issues beyond average texture quality.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #47
fivebyfive200

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXLVII View Post
Why do people keep defending the lazy developers?

Nothing to do with "lazy developers", activision gave the developers a very short time to make this game (less than a year) when games like this take 18 months upwards.

The game is nothing but a cheap cash grab from the publishers using the success of Telltale's game and using the show's name

The game is equivalent of shitting into a bag then selling it
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #48
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Love the show, figured I could push past how bad this game is and continue to play it. I can't. It's going back to gamefly lol. Worst game I've played this year so far.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #49
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Love the show, figured I could push past how bad this game is and continue to play it. I can't. It's going back to gamefly lol. Worst game I've played this year so far.
I was about to go to my local store to grab my copy, but I think I'll change my mind though...
Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #50
Whiskey Minor
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint Beastw00d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint Beastw00d
This game has grown on me. Already done three playthroughs. Still not that great though obviously.
I'm looking forward to a few passive aggressive rants with this game myself. I've watched so much gameplay that I already feel like the horribleness of it has grown on me. Well I'll find out in a few days if I can brow furrow my way through it or not. Hah.
Whiskey Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #51
keymanu1

keymanu1's Gamercard
Hmmm if the developers were pushing for a release date around now... maybe, just maybe, one of the brothers doesn't survive season 3/start of 4?

OT: The graphics remind me of Prison Break: The Game, a show that I loved just as much as TWD... and that sucked. I'll still try it, but when it's cheaper.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #52
Whiskey Minor
Banned User

update: I'm half way through act 2 and I don't see what all the fuss is about. These graphics aren't so bad, and the game is actually fun. So, yeah you should really play it for yourself before you dog this game out. Just an opinion.
Whiskey Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #53
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
I was about to go to my local store to grab my copy, but I think I'll change my mind though...
Rent it mate, it's just not worth full price.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #54
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG
Quote:
Although if you got the deal with the free TWD keychain it was more worth it. HAHA!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #55
dirge

builder dirge's Gamercard

I was expecting the worst, but as a big Walking Dead I went ahead and got it anyway, with the thinking it would tide me over until Bioshock Infinite or Defiance and then I would trade it in, but I must say what I've played so far I am having quite a bit of fun with. Obviously it has flaws for a rushed game, I'm looking at it as if it's an older title, sure they are rough round the edges but you can still enjoy elements of them. So I'm glad I've bought it.

Gamerscore on 31/12/2010 77,080
Gamerscore on 31/12/2011 116,056
Gamerscore on 31/12/2012 153,371
Gamerscore on 31/12/2013 187,190

#SaveShenmue
dirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #56
fivebyfive200

Its not just the zombie 3d models are poor or the textures, it plays like crap as well, the melee and the combat is shit.

The basic concept of the game is really good in theory but it needed more time in development.

activision are fucking idiots, a well made FPS TWD game would sell well but publishers like them (and EA) ONLY think short term gain

If fans of the show really want to play it, rent it or buy it used
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #57
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
I actually really enjoyed this game and the 1000
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #58
Willis32b

assassin's creed 1 level of repetitiveness... minus the story that keptme interested. What a scrap heap of crap just to make a dollar. Made correctly, this game could have been worth it. It's not like the show is going to be cancelled anytime soon. Sad.
Willis32b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #59
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
It's not worth renting either.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #60
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
It's not worth renting either.
True, I mean you can even see a cursor at points during the fucking intro cinematic, if that doesn't tell you it's garbage. You have a naive view.

To anyone on the fence, please watch this video for GOTY gameplay.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 03-24-2013 at 12:40 PM.